❤️ Various ET News

Amikou

Sharp-tongued Siberian diva
hmm. i guess the statement of about being mixed was misunderstood. i replied a person who said something modeling and having about certain "features" not seen in many asian women and i said all three mai, poo and yaya are mixed which means they have features will generally be more accepted internationally unlike most of their other colleague's . i really dont understand how that equated to being a mai hater and prosecutor. i personally stand my opinion that acting is more respected than modeling and would say the same thing even if it wasnt mai.
its so funny to me how many of you will jump on someone for having the slightest different opinion from the majority and suddenly crowns the person a hater. this is not high school so i wont do the petty innuendo's because it is beneath me and quite childless. i think a lot of people need a break from dissecting celebrity lives, myself included. imagine arguing over people who dont even know we exist.
You need to learn that many AFN peeps don't appreciate different opinion lol They'll jump on you calling you hater lmao

NicoleJ

sarNie Egg
hmm. i guess the statement of about being mixed was misunderstood. i replied a person who said something about modeling and having about certain "features" not seen in many asian women and i said all three mai, poo and yaya are mixed which means they have features that will generally be more accepted internationally unlike most of their other colleague's . i really dont understand how that equated to me being a mai hater and prosecutor. i personally stand my opinion that acting is more respected than modeling and would say the same thing even if it wasnt mai.
its so funny to me how many of you will jump on someone for having the slightest different opinion from the majority and suddenly crowns the person a hater. this is not high school so i wont do the petty innuendo's because it is beneath me and quite childish. i think a lot of people need a break from dissecting celebrity lives, myself included. imagine arguing over people who dont even know we exist.
I get what you mean.But you can't really say acting is more acceptable than modeling.Like I believe many girls dream of being a VS model or the next IT model.And there's Cara who actually did both.We girls like fashion world cuz we like fancy things.I think acting and modeling are just different,can't say which is better.
As for thai models,let's be honest none of these actresses mentioned above can become a professional model internationally.They're too old to be newbies.If you follow profesional models career,you'll see most of them book shows under 20.You can't really think it's easy to break into modeling world when you are above 25.These thai actresses just wanna use modeling/fashion world to gain more international recognition.That's all.Maybe if you're lucky,you'll be choosen by some famous director filming some Hollywood film.Hey,girls can have a dream;)

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
I think modeling gives them more international recognition and builds their record back at home, but many of them wouldn’t fare well in Hollywood. It’s too competitive and they’re not really what white producers look for. The last thing I want to see them cast is playing an Asian role lmfaoooo Bc it’s the only Asian character in the god damn movie!! Lol :risas3:

While we’re on the verge of movie talking. Do you guys know Sara Malakul? She really tried to break into Hollywood but I think she ruined her image sooooo badly to Thai people? She was doing literally nude movies with extreme rated R scenes....if you guys go check out her movies she tried to break into Hollywood, omg~ so disappointing! Her one movie called jailbait or something... omg,, didn’t bother to buy it but she played a girl raped by her stepdad only to be sent to Jail get raped or molested in jail. It was too extreme and provocative!! Those are not roles I want these alisters to break into.. its demeaning and upsetting to thai fans and people back at home. So for now, modeling is the better step to grow internationally.

I think Mai though would make a really refined and well model. Her height is really good. If she keeps her thin body, she’ll be a great Asian/halfie model worldwide.

I love Yaya too but the way she walks on thai runway, they’re not exactly that appealing. But hey~~ if Poo can walk for D&G why can’t Yaya? Heck, I want to see all three on that D&G runway hahahah :) :D

NicoleJ

sarNie Egg
Speaking of Mai,that Loreal makeup endorsement is a big deal.This can open so many doors for her to go international.I don't think actresses wanna be professional models,more like celebrities trying get into fashion world to gain more fame.Yea,Mai actually has opportunity to break into Hollywood.She has the appearance and ambitions.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
It's complex when it comes to a person/people being of mixed race, depending on which country you end up living in it can be seen as a good or bad thing. That's why having a support system around that validates who you are as a person is so important.
That being said I definitely agree with the points @xodxo makes but I'll take it further by saying that the issue at hand is more about colorism, prejudices + discrimination is much more stronger for someone of darker skin color and this can apply to not only Thai people but also people who are of mixed race too (e.g. if a mother/father comes from a country in Africa).

To end my Ted talk:
1. I hope we see more faces from Thailand making it big in whichever field their dreams takes them.
2. We start seeing more diversity Internationally.
3. Thailand entertainment industry become more inclusive and start putting people on-screen that the general public can identify with.

- Sorry for the tangent, now I shall be off to go and complain once again about Matt not signing any new projects lol.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Hmm, IDK if this is a valid statement in Thailand Bc halfies over there are soooo glorified, like they’re almost being perceived as God sent from the heaven. Lmao!! Ahahah. Well, just the hot halfies like Poo, Mai and Yaya! I think Matt’s slowly recovering her career too, she’s seem more active in the modeling gigs now too. I saw her modeling with a few other models like Bee N or whatsoever not too long ago. She’s picking up her career again with her banging body! Yes girl!! Haha :D and a BIG production drama with Nadech to come out soon! I’m sure MLFTS is going to kick off Matt’s career one way or another.

Anyways, back to my point. I think halfies in Thailand are WAYYYYY more acepted and preached upon more than full Thais, so to say halfies aren’t acepted I’m not sure if that applies to Thailand. Maybe to other parts of the world because of racism? But in Thailand, halfies are too glorified! Lol. They get the best of both worlds! Both international work and top notch deals in Thailand, well speaking mostly of Mai, Yaya and Poo, currently. Lol. But even other halfies are ridiculously worshipped too, it’s ingrained into their culture, esp in the ent industry.

~

Welp, hope this make sense. Just throwing in some super mega perspective from your girl D! lol :p:love:
Agree

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
You need to learn that many AFN peeps don't appreciate different opinion lol They'll jump on you calling you hater lmao
I don't mind for people to have different opinions.i often have different opinions. Majority of the people here have at least two or three difference of opinions and I'm pretty sure I didn't jump on everyone and calling them haters. Everyone is entitled to it. What bother me is the condescending replied to me and to others. It wasn't a sarcastic comments about the celeb themselves but to us the members. There's a nicer ways to reply. She could had corrected preetam without adding "that is if you really read anything" or "but carry on" to me like we're children. Like chill out, what the heck did we do to you to deserve that?

Well anyways I need to learn to ignore people who seeks attention.

Last edited:

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
I think modeling gives them more international recognition and builds their record back at home, but many of them wouldn’t fare well in Hollywood. It’s too competitive and they’re not really what white producers look for. The last thing I want to see them cast is playing an Asian role lmfaoooo Bc it’s the only Asian character in the god damn movie!! Lol :risas3:

While we’re on the verge of movie talking. Do you guys know Sara Malakul? She really tried to break into Hollywood but I think she ruined her image sooooo badly to Thai people? She was doing literally nude movies with extreme rated R scenes....if you guys go check out her movies she tried to break into Hollywood, omg~ so disappointing! Her one movie called jailbait or something... omg,, didn’t bother to buy it but she played a girl raped by her stepdad only to be sent to Jail get raped or molested in jail. It was too extreme and provocative!! Those are not roles I want these alisters to break into.. its demeaning and upsetting to thai fans and people back at home. So for now, modeling is the better step to grow internationally.

I think Mai though would make a really refined and well model. Her height is really good. If she keeps her thin body, she’ll be a great Asian/halfie model worldwide.

I love Yaya too but the way she walks on thai runway, they’re not exactly that appealing. But hey~~ if Poo can walk for D&G why can’t Yaya? Heck, I want to see all three on that D&G runway hahahah :) :D
That movie you're talking about was produced by her so call boyfriend. She definitely was not smart with that decision. It's really hard to make it in Hollywood. Yingrata had a couple of scenes in Hollywood movies too but she didn't shine. Actually over many years there were a few Thai celebs that had scenes in Hollywood movies but they didn't make any splash. Well except Tony Ja. Where is he anyways? Anyways, I'm glad for Crazy Rich Asian even if I found it boring but the movie gave lots of screen time to Asian actors and actresses. Hopefully in part 2, we'll see someone from Thailand!

As for D&G Milan Fashion show, the first one to go was Mario then Poo and recently Mai. As for Yaya, would she be able to? I thought she signed with LV no? Back to D&G, I heard that they have this concept of getting different celebs from target Asian countries to walk in the fashion show. I wonder who will be their next Thai celeb.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Apologizing for the multiple posts.

It's complex when it comes to a person/people being of mixed race, depending on which country you end up living in it can be seen as a good or bad thing. That's why having a support system around that validates who you are as a person is so important.
That being said I definitely agree with the points @xodxo makes but I'll take it further by saying that the issue at hand is more about colorism, prejudices + discrimination is much more stronger for someone of darker skin color and this can apply to not only Thai people but also people who are of mixed race too (e.g. if a mother/father comes from a country in Africa).

To end my Ted talk:
1. I hope we see more faces from Thailand making it big in whichever field their dreams takes them.
2. We start seeing more diversity Internationally.
3. Thailand entertainment industry become more inclusive and start putting people on-screen that the general public can identify with.

- Sorry for the tangent, now I shall be off to go and complain once again about Matt not signing any new projects lol.
Speaking of this. I think Maya would had been a good face of Thailand to go international if she was promoted more in Thaialnd. Ugh what a disappointment!! Like @xodxo said, halfies (with Caucasian) are valued a little more than full Thai, dark tone halfies or other half Asian Thais.

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
That movie you're talking about was produced by her so call boyfriend. She definitely was not smart with that decision. It's really hard to make it in Hollywood. Yingrata had a couple of scenes in Hollywood movies too but she didn't shine. Actually over many years there were a few Thai celebs that had scenes in Hollywood movies but they didn't make any splash. Well except Tony Ja. Where is he anyways? Anyways, I'm glad for Crazy Rich Asian even if I found it boring but the movie gave lots of screen time to Asian actors and actresses. Hopefully in part 2, we'll see someone from Thailand!

As for D&G Milan Fashion show, the first one to go was Mario then Poo and recently Mai. As for Yaya, would she be able to? I thought she signed with LV no? Back to D&G, I heard that they have this concept of getting different celebs from target Asian countries to walk in the fashion show. I wonder who will be their next Thai celeb.
Omg did he??? Good lord! That’s one bad repulsive bf then.! I know she’s done a couple of different movies lol not just one rated R+nude, but multiple ones... seriously just google her name or movie list... I think she really went too far! She brought demeaning values to Thai audience and western people didn’t really care cuz she’s still unknown. But she’s a halfie, acts more blonde than a blonde girl lol so, whatever she’s pleased to do. It’s just she didn’t take into consideration her country or how the people back at her home would perceive her. I know Thailand is all about being proud and being represented in a positive light but the way she did it, too extreme and shocking. I still remember she was interview by that one that gossip lady, who likes to grill people alive lmaoooo it was hilarious and rude as h3ll :risas3::risas3:

Apologizing for the multiple posts.

Speaking of this. I think Maya would had been a good face of Thailand to go international if she was promoted more in Thaialnd. Ugh what a disappointment!! Like @xodxo said, halfies (with Caucasian) are valued a little more than full Thai, dark tone halfies or other half Asian Thais.
See and that’s where I disagree with Thailand LOL I love my full Thai blood mix with Chinese descent 1000X more ahahaha hahahah

I love my Chinese-Thai boys!! Drop dead charming!!! Lmao!! :risas3::p

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Omg did he??? Good lord! That’s one bad repulsive bf then.! I know she’s done a couple of different movies lol not just one rated R+nude, but multiple ones... seriously just google her name or movie list... I think she really went too far! She brought demeaning values to Thai audience and western people didn’t really care cuz she’s still unknown. But she’s a halfie, acts more blonde than a blonde girl lol so, whatever she’s pleased to do. It’s just she didn’t take into consideration her country or how the people back at her home would perceive her. I know Thailand is all about being proud and being represented in a positive light but the way she did it, too extreme and shocking. I still remember she was interview by that one that gossip lady, who likes to grill people alive lmaoooo it was hilarious and rude as h3ll :risas3::risas3:
You know what really gets me so mad is when people over there saying farang are "loose". Like it's ok to liplock everyone without a care cus we are farang.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Lol i don't follow her but it came up on mysearch feed and most of the celebs i followed clicked like. She looks good in that black dress and boots on gettyimage too. Best look i think.
she updates a lot on her ig of her modeling activities and her l'oreal activities! she has like 7.7 million followers