Updates on Various Couples: Anne, Ken, Chakrit, Chompoo, etc.

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Oh wow. Every one is getting married and having babies and i'm just here like, "Oh Pizza." LOLOL Anyways, congrats to all these soon-to-be parents. Seeing all these older actors and actresses married and having kids make me feel so old. They're definitely going to be great parents though. :) 

And talking about weddings, oh good gosh. I will never ever invite strangers to my wedding let alone let my parents invite people to my wedding. That sounds mean but it's my day and I want to spend it with my loved ones, not with strangers. 

erinhang

sarNie Adult
Mahalo said:
In my culture, we invite the whole community. If you're a popular family, 400 guests usually attend the reception because your father and mother will invite friends and family whose children's wedding they've attended. It's a cycle because we give money as a wedding gift. It's like a favor being $60-$100 per person. There's usually 10 people at a table. So if I attend your family's wedding, you have to attend one of my family's wedding to repay us in return. That money is then used to pay for the wedding reception if enough guests attend. If you don't break even, it's fine because you had a wedding because you can afford it. But some make profits off it and pay off their wedding/ have some left over to begin life as a newly wed. The cycle begins again once the people who attended your wedding have children and grandchildren who are getting married. We have an account book with a list of names of those who attended and how much they gave as a wedding gift. The downside of it though is that strangers attend your wedding because it's not reserved, just a walk-in. Haha. 
Ohh, Mahalo, now I want to know your nationality. That sounds interesting; I've never heard any weddings like this.

Prakaidao

sarNie Adult
Too bad for (some of us) Asian gals, they'll invite people to fill up the whole house. Since in my culture, most of our weddings are done at home, and those with more money can than afford a reception party. There's no way of me escaping meeting veery distant cousins at my wedding lol. Holy cow! 400! I attended my Aunts wedding and we had about 40-60 guests, including parents and children and I think that's a lot. ^_^ I find weddings very awkward, specifically Hmong ones, but I would love to have a westernized one w/o religious affiliations and what not.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
We have both a house ceremony and reception. The reception tradition is kind of a "I help you and you help me later kind of thing." At the end of the night, the bride and groom goes to each table to thank the guests. They have to do things the guests ask in order to receive the money envelopes. Some have them take shots or have the groom carry the bride on his shoulders to grab the money from someone else who's on another person's shoulders holding the envelops up high in the air. We once tied the envelops onto a balloon and let it float away towards the ceiling. The groom was like we'd need a ladder but they were empty envelops so we tricked them. Lol. It's fun. I think my culture has one of the best wedding traditions with a lot of folklore music. The house ceremony tends to last 1-2 days and then there's the reception.  Our outfits are very beautiful as well. 

erinhang said:
Ohh, Mahalo, now I want to know your nationality. That sounds interesting; I've never heard any weddings like this.
I'm Cambodian/Chinese. In case you're curious, here's a short video of how the house wedding in my culture looks like. Most girls are excited on their wedding days because they get to look like princesses. We change through several different colored outfits throughout the day, but the gold one has to be my favorite. It's usually worn for the last part of the ceremony. 

cr: Heng it Up Photography
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE4M6dAqp0c

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Congrats to Jane and Paul for tying the knot and Puri/Ann on being pregnant. I feel old. Most of the celebs I watched onscreen since I was young are getting married and having babies. I am truly happy for each and everyone of them.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
roselovesice said:
Oh wow. Every one is getting married and having babies and i'm just here like, "Oh Pizza." LOLOL Anyways, congrats to all these soon-to-be parents. Seeing all these older actors and actresses married and having kids make me feel so old. They're definitely going to be great parents though. :) 

And talking about weddings, oh good gosh. I will never ever invite strangers to my wedding let alone let my parents invite people to my wedding. That sounds mean but it's my day and I want to spend it with my loved ones, not with strangers.
Lol hard not to allow them to invite people when they paid for it and they would had disowned me if I didn't allow them to do their parenting duties.

So who are all having babies? We have Ann/Puri, GubGib/Bie, Benz/Mick. Anyone else?

sammypanda

sarNie Egg
Ncmeowmeow35 said:
Lol hard not to allow them to invite people when they paid for it and they would had disowned me if I didn't allow them to do their parenting duties.

So who are all having babies? We have Ann/Puri, GubGib/Bie, Benz/Mick. Anyone else?
dont forget matthew and lydia!

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
OFF TOPIC-ishhh....

Ncmeowmeow35 said:
Haha I get you. ;) Cultural wedding, yeah sure. That's fine. It's not like they're paying for it either, but it'll be nice to receive gifts and money from relatives and all that jazz. But for my American wedding, heck to the no. Hahha! They ain't paying for that one but I am so whatever. LOL 

sarN

sarNie Granny
Awww so jealous of rich ppl wedding loll , I probably elope to Vegas and call it a night .Cheap & Fast.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
What a beautiful wedding! Congrats to the couple!!!

mayag

sarNie Adult
Doesn't it get hot and humid with all these people around during weddings in Thailand? Or are all the indoor areas air-conditioned? Everyone always looks so on point in all these pictures. Especially the men with their layered up suits.

mayag

sarNie Adult
Ohhh okay. Lol I have been to two weddings in my life, both in a tropical area. And both the wedding halls had no concept of an AC. Within minutes my makeup was just melting off my face. The clothes and jewelry made it even worse. Then came the hot and spicy food.  :weee:  :spicy:

Prakaidao

sarNie Adult
Sounds like an awful experience, Jane's wedding looks so beautiful. Her bridesmaids are also looking on point, where is Ann Alicia during the after party?

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
mayag said:
Ohhh okay. Lol I have been to two weddings in my life, both in a tropical area. And both the wedding halls had no concept of an AC. Within minutes my makeup was just melting off my face. The clothes and jewelry made it even worse. Then came the hot and spicy food.  :weee:  :spicy:
Oh man no fun! I would had left early. I can't deal with no ac which is why I would never live in a tropical place. Southern California's summer already has my temper boiling.