Unpretty Rapstar

fun

Expired Sarnie
I was watching a few episodes after JYP released his song Who's Yo Mama staring Jessi. I think she is a good rapper but why do Korean find dissing the only form of good rapping? Most of the rapping are diss tracks or how mother fucking awesome they are. Can you be a talented and good rapper without the cussing? I don't think Korean understand that!!! 

I think the difference in Western rap vs Korean rap is that Western has a more diversity in writing lyrics. Sure the popular ones are about sex, party and praising oneself and putting down someone else regarding talent. 

I don't even know how to specifically address this issue. Lol. Well, I just want to say that music is music. Me, I listen to everything that catches my attention but I focus on three important things: 1. the lyrics, 2. the beat, and 3. the way the artists expresses his/herself in public. I don't care about the artist's looks but rather the talent. You are right about rap hits being the subject of drugs, hoes, sex, party, and etc. but it's reality. Some people will pretty much make anything into music and since those are the top topics for a hit, they'll go all out to market that to make it big. These types of artists come off as huge influences for the middle/high school kids, tweens, and teens but there is no stopping what they do. The parental supervision label exists for a reason and it is up to the parents and guardians to keep those bad things away from their kids but there is no stopping it outside of the home where children are more than likely to be exposed to it. It's reality.

*When I say I listen to all types of music, I do. Lol. I listen to music that is in a language that I don't even understand. Why? Because it either sounds good to me or it's unique.*

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
LOL I started this and finish all of it until the very last episode. I only like the beginning after that this show made me really mad. They made all the rappers look bad.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Regards to American raps, the popular ones are subject of those you and I listed. But I am saying that at least here, we have variety of topics to extreme/sensitive subjects. But for Korean rap, I don't think they have much variety in topics. I listen to all kinds of music too. I am not ashamed to say I enjoy lookthung and morlum.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
I do enjoy all types of music too. I mean really old songs from all genres if they suit my taste.

As for Korean music, I think they tend to follow western ways more.

I mean I see thai pop doing that stuff too but at least I still hear the traditional accent of thai music and are able to enjoy it. India music and etc. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy korean music. 

As for Korean rap, when I do listen to them they do differ from American rap. I can't really explain how they differ bc I'm only now just started listening to them starting from Epik High, Tablo. Mostly YG rappers. That's really it. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
YG rappers gets a lot of hate but people tend to forget that most of them started off as underground rappers, Big Bang's TOP and WINNER's MINO. I really enjoy TOP's Doom Dada. The music video didn't make much sense to me (that's because my appreciation of art period is very lacking) but after researching the art movement Dadaism and watching Martina explanation (from Eatyourkimchi), it was such an insightful and genius MV.

Are you ready for the second season?