Underestimated Celebrities

Destinys

sarNie Juvenile
Who do you think is underestimated in the industry? 

Actresses: 

1. Namtarn Pichukkana - Honestly, her only hit lakorn was "Dao Kiang Duen". She needs more fan club members! She's got so much potential to be a phenomenon. Really hope Ch3 sees that, but I'm glad she's got two lakorns coming up. Especially one with Ken P. :p

2. Mo Monchanok - To me, I feel like ONEHD doesn't give her enough credit. Her crying skills are sooooooo much better than 85% of the N'eks in the industry. Mo has already gotten enough supporting roles. More N'ek roles for Mo pleaseeeeeee. 

Actors: 

1. Kan Kantathaworn - This guy can SERIOUSLY play any role. Such a diverse man. I heard he wants to play a gay role... I applaud him for going beyond his limit. Kan is a true actor. He can and will play any role that is given to him perfectly. May not be the best looking guy, but for sure he is talented. But why hasn't he won an award? Will someone please just reward him for his "amazingness"? Lol.  :rofl:

2. Mouse Natcha - I just recently discovered him and think that he can actually act. Some may disagree, but I just like him as actor. I don't know what about him grabbed my attention, but I feel like I need to see more of him on CH3 or CH7. He may not be great P'ek material, but I see him a good second P'ek. Hope he makes more appearances here and there. 

This is my first time starting a topic, so I really hope I did this right. Pardon my short list, I'm kind of blanking right now. Feel free to add to the list. I'd love to see what other AF members think. 

mayag

sarNie Adult
I DEFINITELY agree that Kan needs to be recognized more! He really can play any role! I first watched him in Pang Sanaeha and I was soooo surprised that he's nothing like his character. He really made me believe that he's a more serious, reserved kinda guy but in reality, he's nothing like that! XD
He has even played an evil guy and he was so good in that too!

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Guys:
Phet Thakrit-Very good-looking and great acting, yet still not primetime p'ek. He's working his way there.
Peun Kanin-I know he's only been in a few lakorns, but he deserves to be p'ek. He can act for sure and is really cute too.
First Parada-He's really good at acting and is very cute. I know that he's still very young though, but at least he needs more roles. He can also sing very good too.
Mai Warit-He's also good-looking and good acting too.

Girls:
Eye Kamolned-Great actress, but don't see her around much. Wish she gets more work so i can see her onscreen.
Ploy Pattrakorn-She's good at acting.
Michelle Behrman-Very beautiful and great actress.
Mew Laknara-Even though I'm not a big fan of hers, but she is a good actress who isn't really promoted much.

This is all i can think of atm. :)

Destinys

sarNie Juvenile
mayag said:
I DEFINITELY agree that Kan needs to be recognized more! He really can play any role! I first watched him in Pang Sanaeha and I was soooo surprised that he's nothing like his character. He really made me believe that he's a more serious, reserved kinda guy but in reality, he's nothing like that! XD
He has even played an evil guy and he was so good in that too!

I thought the same exact thing when I first saw Kan. Haha! He also made me believed that he was a well reserved, but he's the total opposite. :)

Bieluvr said:
Guys:
Phet Thakrit-Very good-looking and great acting, yet still not primetime p'ek. He's working his way there.
Peun Kanin-I know he's only been in a few lakorns, but he deserves to be p'ek. He can act for sure and is really cute too.
First Parada-He's really good at acting and is very cute. I know that he's still very young though, but at least he needs more roles. He can also sing very good too.
Mai Warit-He's also good-looking and good acting too.

Girls:
Eye Kamolned-Great actress, but don't see her around much. Wish she gets more work so i can see her onscreen.
Ploy Pattrakorn-She's good at acting.
Michelle Behrman-Very beautiful and great actress.
Mew Laknara-Even though I'm not a big fan of hers, but she is a good actress who isn't really promoted much.

This is all i can think of atm. :)

I couldn't agree more with your list. :D

I just loved Phet Thakrit in DKD as Ken P's best friend. Gosh, they were just too cute together. My forever male koojin... Haha! :rofl:
First Parada was the first person I said "Yes!" too. He was exceptional in "Cubic" with Mint Chalida. The character he played was perfect for him. He's only been in two lakorns, so I hope that there is more to come. 
As you said, Ploy Pattrakorn is good at acting, but I find her ears to be really distracting. I don't know, I just kept staring at them whenever she's on screen.  :scratchchin:
I came to love Michelle Behrman in "Nueng Nai Suang" as Paen. Her acting skills blew me away. I think I need to go through her lakorn list and see what her past projects were. Lol. 

cool :)

sarNie Adult
@Destinys, I agree on you sooo much on Namtarn! She has everything but I just don't understand why she isn't all that famous?? She, in my opinion can act in all types of characters. I'm just going to make a quick list LOL.
- she can act raeng. Just remeber back to her scenes in MSN( not the parts where she cried btw haaha..) she argued back to Ken multiple times and slapped him several times. Let's just say I think she's able to play Ann's character in sawan biang.
- she can cry beautifully !!
- she can act like a b****/slut (in a good way hehe) for example that one scene in the beginning of MSN where she had to break it off with her boyfirend( forgot his name) at the pub!
- she can act cute and innocent like in DKD
- she's able to play in an action lakorn
- BASICALLY, I think she has it all! Lol

I also agree with you about Mo. She's can act so rai and so not so rai HAHA.

Besides Namtarn who I think is So underestimated, I also think Prang has what it takes to be too. She can cry most importantly, and act in any role! She just needs to be n'ek in her own drama already!like seriously! Then there's also Phet that Bieluver stated above. This guy can CRY. Like in BR, I wanted to cry with him lol. And he's got everything someone at the top has.. There's more but I can't think if them right now lol. Will be baaack~

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
This is similar to the "supporting actors and actresses worth promoting" thread. But nonetheless...yes, I agree with you, definitely Mo. Mo's crying is among the best from this generation's. Actually, I have a lot of actresses I admire but I can't think of anyone else whose crying is filled with as much emotion as Mo's. Many people can cry, and by cry, I mean have tears rolling down their faces. Many can also look pretty while crying...but Mo is the only actress who can actually make me tear up with her. It looks like she hardly puts any effort into it, because it just comes out looking so natural. The lakorn doesn't even have to be tragic either. As long as Mo is crying, I'll feel bad for her (for example, Fun Fueng). Mo is the Aom Phiyada of this generation. Both are amazing criers and can express everything through their eyes alone.

But besides Mo's natural crying abilities, she's also a versatile actress who has continuously proven her talent one lakorn after another. She's done it all, from nang'ek, supporting. to nang'rai. Mo is a natural. She takes on diverse roles and nails them all. She also does well in every genre. From action, drama, horror, slap/kiss, romance, to comedy. Mo is one of Exact's TOP actresses and it's time they promote her as full time nang'ek. She's definitely overlooked and given very little credit. What sucks the most is that Mo is still so young. She's in her prime, has the talent, has the looks, and has everything to succeed, but isn't being given the opportunities to progress. Fang was once in Mo's position, and now it's too late to promote her as nang'ek. Fang has lost her aura as a nang'ek. She no longer looks natural and radiant. I hope Mo doesn't follow Fang's path in terms of being permanently demoted to supporting/nang'rai, and especially at such a young age. I hope that instead, Mo will follow in Aom's footsteps and will be given a lakorn where she's the lead for once, and with her performance in that one lakorn it will endear her to viewers so that she will continue to be nang'ek due to her demand and peoples' recognition of her potential as a leading actress. Aom's breakthrough didn't happen until 8 or more lakorns down her career, and Mo is at her ninth lakorn now. I hope she gets cast into a good project soon as nang'ek, and I hope that THAT will be her breakthrough role. Mo has such a bright future ahead of her. If given the right opportunities, she can achieve so much more and receive so much more recognition.

Mo has had more than enough supporting roles in her career, considering how long she's been in the industry and how much more she has to offer. She's being limited in supporting roles. Mo needs a lakorn where she's the focus for once, and where she's the one carrying the lakorn so that she can finally shine and prove to everyone that she not only has the talent, but she also has the capability of establishing a name for herself and making it big.

mayag

sarNie Adult
:eek:fftopic: cool :) I love your siggie!!!  That scene was so cute!  :spin:  I loved watching him tease her all the time!  :coverlaf:

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
What a fun topic! Here's my list:

Actors
1.) Kan Kantathavorn- Such an amazing actor! He's not the most handsome but if you recognize quality acting, you'll be able to look pass this and adore him as much as I do.

2.) Matthew Deane- Why is he not p'ek yet?!? Kind of too late since he's in his late 30s. The man is so versatile. He can play good or bad. Any type of genre really.

3.) Phet Thakrit- Cannot stress it enough how much he deserves to be prime time p'ek. He can act much better than some leads right now. Plus, the man can cry a river. Quite impressive. He has had enough supporting roles to prepare him unlike newbies now and days that get promoted without much practice.

4.) Es Kantapong- Although he's receiving prime time p'ek roles, he isn't given the best scripts. He's your tall dark and handsome Thai actor who is full Thai. He has the physique and acting abilities to be p'ek. Took him a while to finally be the lead.  

5.) Fair Gundon- Oh my goodness! He's such a charmer on screen. That smile of his is to die for. He has the height, the smile, and the acting chops to lead. I loved watching him in Neung Nai Suang.

6.) Thanwa Suriyajak- He definitely improved a lot. He's slowly rising as well. I hope he continues to be given opportunities to shine as p'ek.

7.) Puen Khanin- He's slowly rising. Didn't see him as p'ek at first but he is improving with time. I can't help but adore his acting now. I'd like him to take on more serious roles in the future. Although I love his bubbly characters, I liked him during his debut with Sara. He played a more serious cold-hearted role that softened towards the end.

8.) Jes- OneHD need better leading actors. I can see Jes play a variety of roles and be good at them like Toomtam.

Actresses
1.) Now Tisanart- She is an amazing actress! If given the opportunity, she can nail any role. She didn't quite draw me in at first. She looks so average. However, her acting is impressive. I hope she gets more roles when she's done with school.

2.) Sammy Cowell- My bias. She is a very strong actress and many people need to give her work a chance. She has had experiences playing supporting, rai, evening n'ek, and is now finally given prime time n'ek roles. Sammy definitely deserves some more recognition.

3.) Michelle Behrmann- This girl can really act. I'm surprised she wasn't pushed as n'ek. She's still quite young but her acting abilities are phenomenon for her age. I wish Ch.3 push her in the future. Loved her in Neung Nai Suang with Fair. She reminds me of Bua Chompoo, look wise.   

4.) Jakjaan Akhamsiri- Sadly she's being demoted to n'rai. Sigh. She's a really good actress as well.  

sarN

sarNie Granny
gosh, 95% of the named star I do not know or have not watch their lakorn yet , i suck lol but for sure I do like Namtarn Pichukkana w/ Poh ( the only lakorn i saw of her) ^^^ she cute . 

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Destinys said:

I thought the same exact thing when I first saw Kan. Haha! He also made me believed that he was a well reserved, but he's the total opposite. :)

I couldn't agree more with your list. :D

I just loved Phet Thakrit in DKD as Ken P's best friend. Gosh, they were just too cute together. My forever male koojin... Haha! :rofl:
First Parada was the first person I said "Yes!" too. He was exceptional in "Cubic" with Mint Chalida. The character he played was perfect for him. He's only been in two lakorns, so I hope that there is more to come. 
As you said, Ploy Pattrakorn is good at acting, but I find her ears to be really distracting. I don't know, I just kept staring at them whenever she's on screen.  :scratchchin:
I came to love Michelle Behrman in "Nueng Nai Suang" as Paen. Her acting skills blew me away. I think I need to go through her lakorn list and see what her past projects were. Lol. 
For reall. I wanted Reuthainak to end up with Danny instead especially because Lin Lan Ser was so mean and too over prtective of Nak. He even forbid Nak from seeing Danny. I was so upset because obiously Danny was the one who actually went through all the hardships with her, but Lan Ser just came in at the end, yet just for Lan Ser, Nak gave up on Danny. WTH? I will choose Danny if I were her. LOL. Sorry off topic there.

About Ploy, it's true about her ears. LOL. Reminds of Noona's. Ploy looks better with her hair down with curls like how it was mostly in "Kraseu Mahanakorn". She was beautiful in there.

Michelle made me cry along with her in the lakorn that made me hate her so much. "Sapai Sai Lub" She was kind of Rai, but turned good at the end. So far I only know of three of her lakorn. Sapai Sai Lub, Neung Nai Suang, and Singh See Quare (pairing with Phet). I also heard she was going to be in one as n'ek with Mor Kong too. But I'm not sure if its true.

I agree on Mo. She is such a great actress. So is Namtarn.
Film should definitely be p'ek.

Adding more to the list:

Aerin Yoogthatat-She was great from her very first lakorn. Why didn't they make her n'ek already?
Ak Akarat-He can act and he's definitely too cute. He can sing too. :) LOL (Basically the three things that attract me to an actor)
Krissie
Wawaa-she used to be promoted, but after Ruk Sudrit, she just disappeared. I think she is really great too.
Gypsy Keerati-Just want to say Wow! Why hasn't she been given n'ek roles. She can act anything.
Pope-just when he was on the rise, he suddenly sunk again. Why?!
Gun Napat. I really want to see more of his acting. I know he's a singer, but i would love to see him act as a p'ek for once.

sarNie Adult
mayag said:
:eek:fftopic: cool :) I love your siggie!!!  That scene was so cute!  :spin:  I loved watching him tease her all the time!  :coverlaf:
Omg I'm off topic too but thank you loove~ It's one of my favorite scenes hehehe.

Some others I would add would be:

Guys:

-Guy Rachonon, (omg if Maiko was here, she would totally agree right now HAHA) He has played so many supporting role, which I do not understand.

-Ken Phupoom.... Okay I understand that He's not the best actor, but people don't give him enough credit. He's getting better and he's getting there but some people just never looks PASS HIS PAST lmfao. Omg this was the most honest truth! :loool:

-Toomtam, he just doesn't get much promotions

Actresses:

Taya Rogers, because she is a fearless actress! Man I love her! But she doesn't act much so I would understand BUT, yeah people don't give her enough credit.

-DONUT. I've never stressed over something this much. Like, she is such a beautiful person in/out. She can act in almost anything. I just think she didn't get the right amount of opportunity and support as other actresses. In Krating, when I saw her and Ken TOGETHER IN A LAKORN (is this first time in history? I'm not sure) it made me sad because I realized that Donut and Ken would've been such a good pair like OMGAWHHH. Sadly ,this pair never happened and probably would never happen becuase PEOPLE UNDERESTIMATE HER, which makes me really mad lol. Like her lakorn with Num has been one of my favorites and because I LOVE HERRR SO MUCH but uggghhh :cry:

sarN

sarNie Granny
Taya Rogers, the girl in that tiger lakorn , where the willing scene happen near the end , all those real kisses, body flipping, neck bitting , blood spilling , both assume naked under bed sheet , ppl outside fighting but they inside making babies .....I see , OK I like her too.

sarNie Adult
sarN said:
Taya Rogers, the girl in that tiger lakorn , where the willing scene happen near the end , all those real kisses, body flipping, neck bitting , blood spilling , both assume naked under bed sheet , ppl outside fighting but they inside making babies .....I see , OK I like her too.[/size]
YES THATS THE ONE :loool: the only scene you went to watch because you were told about it, YUP I remember hahaha!!

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Girls :

Gale Warunlak : ch3 definitly wasted a talent. Booooooo ch3

Now Tisanart : ch7 managed badly her career so far. She is still young but time flies and people forget quickly. Hopefully she will come back with a bang. Don't agree with mahalo she looks average. I mean I would like to look as average :p

Sammy Bunthita : Thai viewers don't know what talent they are missing...

Eye : she is faaaaar better than the likes of bella and co and she is pretty but still stuck in seconde fiddle roles. Tsk tsk tsk

Boys

Es : ch7 waste roles on empty actors like New, plastic uncles like kelly, undigestive actors like Vee, sorry but regressing actors like Om, and newbies who are cute but still green to grab all sides of characters and Es is pretty much ignored by ch7. Pity

Kan : here we go again ! Please stop giving this man second lead roles !!!!

Gun : please Onehd don't waste this boy

Phet : please stop wasting roles on the likes of one dimensional actors like Mark and promote this boy !! Don't make the same mistake you have done with Gale Warunlak !

Step

Mrs James Ma
I really want Pop Thagoon and Mor Kong to be promoted. I cant say Eye is underestimated cos she is still young and new. right now I can only think of  Phet Thakrit, Beau Savitree, MaPrang (Kannarun). They deserve better

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
cool :) said:
Omg I'm off topic too but thank you loove~ It's one of my favorite scenes hehehe.

Some others I would add would be:

Guys:

-Guy Rachonon, (omg if Maiko was here, she would totally agree right now HAHA) He has played so many supporting role, which I do not understand.

-Ken Phupoom.... Okay I understand that He's not the best actor, but people don't give him enough credit. He's getting better and he's getting there but some people just never looks PASS HIS PAST lmfao. Omg this was the most honest truth! :loool:

-Toomtam, he just doesn't get much promotions

Actresses:

Taya Rogers, because she is a fearless actress! Man I love her! But she doesn't act much so I would understand BUT, yeah people don't give her enough credit.

-DONUT. I've never stressed over something this much. Like, she is such a beautiful person in/out. She can act in almost anything. I just think she didn't get the right amount of opportunity and support as other actresses. In Krating, when I saw her and Ken TOGETHER IN A LAKORN (is this first time in history? I'm not sure) it made me sad because I realized that Donut and Ken would've been such a good pair like OMGAWHHH. Sadly ,this pair never happened and probably would never happen becuase PEOPLE UNDERESTIMATE HER, which makes me really mad lol. Like her lakorn with Num has been one of my favorites and because I LOVE HERRR SO MUCH but uggghhh :cry:
Omg, Donut. I completely agree. I loved her and Num together, but her and Ken is just amazing. They need to reunite and this time as leads.

Destinys

sarNie Juvenile
cool :) said:
@Destinys, I agree on you sooo much on Namtarn! She has everything but I just don't understand why she isn't all that famous?? She, in my opinion can act in all types of characters. I'm just going to make a quick list LOL.
- she can act raeng. Just remeber back to her scenes in MSN( not the parts where she cried btw haaha..) she argued back to Ken multiple times and slapped him several times. Let's just say I think she's able to play Ann's character in sawan biang.
- she can cry beautifully !!
- she can act like a b****/slut (in a good way hehe) for example that one scene in the beginning of MSN where she had to break it off with her boyfirend( forgot his name) at the pub!
- she can act cute and innocent like in DKD
- she's able to play in an action lakorn
- BASICALLY, I think she has it all! Lol

I also agree with you about Mo. She's can act so rai and so not so rai HAHA.

Besides Namtarn who I think is So underestimated, I also think Prang has what it takes to be too. She can cry most importantly, and act in any role! She just needs to be n'ek in her own drama already!like seriously! Then there's also Phet that Bieluver stated above. This guy can CRY. Like in BR, I wanted to cry with him lol. And he's got everything someone at the top has.. There's more but I can't think if them right now lol. Will be baaack~
The way you described Namtarn as b****/slut made me laugh sooooooo hard. :lool: But I can agree. All her emotions and feelings that she wants portrayed can really be felt. She doesn't come off as annoying as some newbies do. 

I personally think the problem is that Ch3 needs to pair her up with someone around her age. For instance, when she paired with Ken P, her instagram followers went up real fast. Before that, no one really knew who she was (except us Namtarn fans). Some even called her a falling star. But after DKD, she started to become more well known. Until, she stared in "Sai Lap Sam Mithi" which was an epic fail. Grrrrr. I just think she needs co workers her age and better scripts. Hope others see her talent like we do. ^_^

P.S Since you mentioned Phet, I kind of what to see Phet and Namtarn together now. They had so much chemistry together in DKD and did a heck of a good job making Ken jealous. Lol. :coverlaf:

Destinys

sarNie Juvenile
Anonymous<3 said:
This is similar to the "supporting actors and actresses worth promoting" thread. But nonetheless...yes, I agree with you, definitely Mo. Mo's crying is among the best from this generation's. Actually, I have a lot of actresses I admire but I can't think of anyone else whose crying is filled with as much emotion as Mo's. Many people can cry, and by cry, I mean have tears rolling down their faces. Many can also look pretty while crying...but Mo is the only actress who can actually make me tear up with her. It looks like she hardly puts any effort into it, because it just comes out looking so natural. The lakorn doesn't even have to be tragic either. As long as Mo is crying, I'll feel bad for her (for example, Fun Fueng). Mo is the Aom Phiyada of this generation. Both are amazing criers and can express everything through their eyes alone.

But besides Mo's natural crying abilities, she's also a versatile actress who has continuously proven her talent one lakorn after another. She's done it all, from nang'ek, supporting. to nang'rai. Mo is a natural. She takes on diverse roles and nails them all. She also does well in every genre. From action, drama, horror, slap/kiss, romance, to comedy. Mo is one of Exact's TOP actresses and it's time they promote her as full time nang'ek. She's definitely overlooked and given very little credit. What sucks the most is that Mo is still so young. She's in her prime, has the talent, has the looks, and has everything to succeed, but isn't being given the opportunities to progress. Fang was once in Mo's position, and now it's too late to promote her as nang'ek. Fang has lost her aura as a nang'ek. She no longer looks natural and radiant. I hope Mo doesn't follow Fang's path in terms of being permanently demoted to supporting/nang'rai, and especially at such a young age. I hope that instead, Mo will follow in Aom's footsteps and will be given a lakorn where she's the lead for once, and with her performance in that one lakorn it will endear her to viewers so that she will continue to be nang'ek due to her demand and peoples' recognition of her potential as a leading actress. Aom's breakthrough didn't happen until 8 or more lakorns down her career, and Mo is at her ninth lakorn now. I hope she gets cast into a good project soon as nang'ek, and I hope that THAT will be her breakthrough role. Mo has such a bright future ahead of her. If given the right opportunities, she can achieve so much more and receive so much more recognition.

Mo has had more than enough supporting roles in her career, considering how long she's been in the industry and how much more she has to offer. She's being limited in supporting roles. Mo needs a lakorn where she's the focus for once, and where she's the one carrying the lakorn so that she can finally shine and prove to everyone that she not only has the talent, but she also has the capability of establishing a name for herself and making it big.

Wow! You really do support Mo with a passion. After reading what you wrote, I can't help but become another Mo fan. :D
Gosh, I just hope Exact doesn't waste Mo's talent. Although, looking at Asianfuse wiki, I see that she has two lakorns up next... Yay! :dance1:One is with Kangsom and Pong... Correct?
Like you, I do miss Toomtam and Mo. Personally, I didn't enjoy the story line of "Koom Nang Kruan". Too repetitive, but I kept watching for Toomtam and Mo. Their chemistry was tooooooo good. I really wished they focused more on the pranangs in that lakorn. Wishing to see them sooner or later. 

P.S Sorry! I didn't know there was another thread like this. Just thought it would be an interesting topic.