[TV Series] KRISTINE

Who do will play the character of LANCE NAVARRO?

• Guji Lorenzana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rayver Cruz

• Tom Rodriguez

• Total voters

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
lol yes, i love that part too it made Marco felt guilty. the next part was funny, i was laughing at the part where he invites her to go swimming. i was like "LOL Marco you still have the guts to invite her to go swimming after you kidnapped her" LOL also when they aired KS first week episode, my bffs used Emerald and Marco's lines, made it as their status shoutout in their FB profiles.

Prinsesa ng Banyera (im not a fan of that series, i dont like Kristine Hermosa and TJ Trinidad's chemistry. also Rafael's role there is like a second p'ek or lets just say that he's a supporting role.)
Sineserye Presents: Maligno (i love his role here even if he was the devil, its a horror series)
PHR: Bud Brothers Book 2 (for the first time i love his role.)
PHR: Substitute Bride (i love his character here, i love his chemistry with Paw Diaz but sad to say its a mini-series.)
PHR: Midnight Phantom (so this is what Head of Star Magic and PHR production. it took months to prepare this series, Rafael needed to grow his hair and so that less extension he'll use. like my BFF commented to his hair "LOL Prince Of Persia")

honestly, the cast that they put in KRISTINE SERIES played in PHR series for a couple of times.

Rafael Rosell - Bud Brothers Book 2, PHR's Valentine Special "Substitute Bride", Midnight Phantom
Cristine Reyes - Bud Brothers Book 1, My Cheating Heart
Denise Laurel - Bud Brothers Book 3, You Are Mine Only Mine
Zanjoe Marudo - PHR's Valentine Special "Love Is Only In The Movies"
He has guts and nerves. I'm surprised though he knows her clothing size, you know the undergarments as well. He was so slick when Emerald didn't want to have breakfast with him and he goes on to say because she was already full by looking at him. He is yummy, I can't deny that.

Sineserye Presents: Maligno, I need to check that one out. I want to see him a vicious role, almost like Marco, but even Marco is a mommy's boy at times.

I like your BFF takes on Rafael's hair in Midnight Phantom, Prince of Persia. :lol:

I did notice that too that the cast in this series had played in PHR series at one point or another. It seem the only good series are from PHR. Even the remakes of Korean dramas don't look as good.

nikki1786

LizQuen
He has guts and nerves. I'm surprised though he knows her clothing size, you know the undergarments as well. He was so slick when Emerald didn't want to have breakfast with him and he goes on to say because she was already full by looking at him. He is yummy, I can't deny that.

Sineserye Presents: Maligno, I need to check that one out. I want to see him a vicious role, almost like Marco, but even Marco is a mommy's boy at times.

I like your BFF takes on Rafael's hair in Midnight Phantom, Prince of Persia. :lol:

I did notice that too that the cast in this series had played in PHR series at one point or another. It seem the only good series are from PHR. Even the remakes of Korean dramas don't look as good.
lol its his character, i think he's clever enough to know her size. XD when KS was still in announce last year, they already know whom they want to cast in this series. people favors Cristine Reyes to play the role of Emerald, because the truth is Emerald's character has white complexion while Jewel is more likely got fair complexion.

but in the end, Cristine got the main role because there were rumors before that she's going back to ch7, also Kristine Series was said to air at afternoon timeslot. a lot KS fans react about that matter, when the production got director Rory for their KS series. its expected that its not just an ordinary drama series that you'll air. KS is also a best-selling filipino novel, so it happened that the network granted not only the production, but the fan-based itself.

back to Rafael, he's a villain who plays the 'satan' in "Maligno". its a remake series of 1950's, one of Susan Roces movies. the main lead actress in the remake series Claudine Barretto got pregnant from a devil. he raped her and because he wants his child to be the 'chosen one'. i dont know if "Maligno" or "Patayin Sa Sindak Si Barbara" the one i saw with subs in vikkii. i saw two remake series of susan roces. i prefer Maligno that time because they said the rape scene was gross, i can't imagine Rafael wearing prosthetics of a devil.

i can't wait for tonight's episode. today i actually suggested Denise and other KS fans that she should do the rendition of "Hanggang May Kailanman"("Til There's Forever"), if you notice there's always a background song whenever Emerald and Marco has eye contact, sad conversation and etc. that's the title of the song, sang by Carol Banawa. but since Denise Laurel is also a singer, i think it'll be good if she'll have this rendition.

nikki1786

LizQuen
i just download Denise Laurel's song "Disco Lights"

Marco de Silva-Emerald Fortalejo theme song: "Hanggang May Kailanman"

nikki1786

LizQuen
i know the production left the viewers cliffhanger especially to Marco and Emerald scenes last night.

Kristine Series' Marco and Emerald's love scene tonight (September 1, 2010 WEDNESDAY).

nikki1786

LizQuen
Thanks for the songs. Steaming scene was today but it looked awkward.
i thought i was the only one who said it was awkward. i was unable to tweet my real reaction. i dont like the love the scene, maybe because it was too dark and it look like they're just dancing. but i do the love last part where Emerald ate the food he prepared. then he shared to her how he learned to be independent. the last part was my favorite scene.

Marco-Emerald Scene starts at 1:37

Emerald: it's delicious. i didn't know you know how to cook, im kinda embarrassed now from what i did (she was referring to her cooking skills and the food she cooked yesterday for him.)
Marco: when i was a kid, i had to learn how to depend on myself. mom's always busy, i dont want to depend on our servants. besides, when i studied abroad i have to learn how to take care of myself.
Emerald: you studied abroad?
Marco: mmm...
Emerald: what was your course?
Marco: i went to Harvard
Emerald: Harvard?
Marco: yes. and i took up law.
Emerald: you're a lawyer?
Marco: mmm... why? you dont believe me?
Emerald: you don't look like one.
Marco: what do you mean i dont look like one?
Emerald: you dont look like one!
Marco: and what do i look like? (Emerald-Marco stares at each other.)
Emerald: will you stop looking at me like that?
Marco: how?
Emerald: that-that (that kind of stare.) dont look at me like that!
Marco: how can i stop looking at you like that, look at yourself!
Emerald: why?

nikki1786

LizQuen
these are the particular scenes that i like... :)
Jewel stares at Jaime's body.

"you don't look like one, what do i look like?" scene of Marco and Emerald

more GIF scenes soon~!

nikki1786

LizQuen
and just as i thought. Denise and Rafael did a sensual dance for that scene, no wonder :p Denise tweeted about their scene. since she can't go further than this because her parents is strict and there's a family reputation she needed to maintain. XD

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Ah. I thought it was a dance...it's like the cha-cha and all those other sexy dances. No matter what they call it it was awkward. For them just to kiss and than dance, I think the viewers know what really should had happen after that. But it's okay, they need to be conservative. I want Rafael to cook for me...

I like the ending scene with Marco and Emerald, Rafael was good at maintaining/reserving his arm, as it is wounded, it wouldn't make sense if he used his arm. He's so strong though to carry her up with one arm! My most favor scene from them is after he went swimming part, where he gulped after looking down and up her body, teasing her, calling her the fire tree, wanting to see if her eyes burn with passion and desire.

Jaime always notice Jewel's stares. It makes me embarrassed/shy for her. And it cute how he always teases her. It was hilarious when they first met, where they accidentally touch each other's private parts. Also the part after the animation you posted, where he just got out of the shower and tickled her and they fell on the bed together. She yelled rape and he tried to cover her mouth, they were struggling and he accidentally pulled his towel off, after that she turned him over ride him and hit him.

Now we need Marco's uncle to stop bothering the girls, he's scary at times.

As for Cristine Reyes getting the main part. I think it suits her because she has the clueless/innocent face. However, like everywhere else, light skin actor/actress are always favored.

nikki1786

LizQuen
Ah. I thought it was a dance...it's like the cha-cha and all those other sexy dances. No matter what they call it it was awkward. For them just to kiss and than dance, I think the viewers know what really should had happen after that. But it's okay, they need to be conservative. I want Rafael to cook for me...

I like the ending scene with Marco and Emerald, Rafael was good at maintaining/reserving his arm, as it is wounded, it wouldn't make sense if he used his arm. He's so strong though to carry her up with one arm!

Jaime always notice Jewel's stares. It makes me embarrassed/shy for her. And it cute how he always teases her. It was hilarious when they first met, where they accidentally touch each other's private parts.

Now we need Marco's uncle to stop bothering the girls, he's scary at times.

As for Cristine Reyes getting the main part. I think it suits her because she has the clueless/innocent face. However, like everywhere else, light skin actor/actress are always favored.
true. true. even in Midnight Phantom, Rafael and Denise's love scene... mmm im not saying they're dancing, actually its too dark. LOL unlike Cristine's love scene from Bud Brothers and My Cheating Heart, though it was also dark in My Cheating Heart there's no awkwardness.

Bud Brothers Book 1: Stupid Cupids

My Cheating Heart

---
i dunno, its up to you though. i think the most awkward love scene i saw from Denise was her love scene with Will Devaughn whom her pair in PHR's "You're Mine, Only Mine".

oh, yeah i hate Uncle Alfon. it'll take long to get rid of him, im afraid he'll attempt rape either Emerald or Jewel here. XD honestly... i thought Erik Fructouso (the one who plays Uncle Alfon) will play a good guy character, but oh well... i guess he can always play as the versatile. i used to like him way back in 90's. LOL

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
true. true. even in Midnight Phantom, Rafael and Denise's love scene... mmm im not saying they're dancing, actually its too dark. LOL unlike Cristine's love scene from Bud Brothers and My Cheating Heart, though it was also dark in My Cheating Heart there's no awkwardness.

Bud Brothers Book 1: Stupid Cupids

My Cheating Heart

---
i dunno, its up to you though. i think the most awkward love scene i saw from Denise was her love scene with Will Devaughn whom her pair in PHR's "You're Mine, Only Mine".

oh, yeah i hate Uncle Alfon. it'll take long to get rid of him, im afraid he'll attempt rape either Emerald or Jewel here. XD honestly... i thought Erik Fructouso (the one who plays Uncle Alfon) will play a good guy character, but oh well... i guess he can always play as the versatile. i used to like him way back in 90's. LOL
And to think Denise and Rafael are dub for being the hot screen couple but their actual love scene come out awkward (their cute and cuddling scenes are very natural though), not to blame anyone but I think it's just Denise. I watched her in "You're mine, Only Mine." Sometimes she doesn't seem to respond to the guy as passionately as she could have, to me her acting seems limited, she does have potential no doubt. I think why in "You're mine, Only Mine" love scene was awkward because she didn't really consent to it. The first time he sort of seduced her, caressing her. The second time she was half drunk and they roughed played, it looked like a forced scene but she unconsciously consent to it a few seconds later. lol. In that series, it almost seem like he used her as a sex slave, though it wasn't intended that way, that's why every time they make out it was awkward.

Rafael on the other hand, he always sparks in his love scenes. I sink into his eyes.

For this ethnicity dramas/series I notice they like to dim out the lights alot for love making scenes, so its' no surprised it's so dark. But for sure, "Cheating Hearts" there was alot of light and alot of things to be seen. Maybe it just depend on the actor/actress and the director.

Uncle Alfon (Erik Fructouso). I have never seen his work before. He has a hint of badness but you can tell he's not mean to that extent, like slapping a women. I am afraid of that too that he will either rape Emerald or Jewel. They didn't really explain at the beginning who rape one of the women who was related to Emerald and Jewel's grandpa. Was it Uncle Alfon? And who was the women.

nikki1786

LizQuen
And to think Denise and Rafael are dub for being the hot screen couple but their actual love scene come out awkward (their cute and cuddling scenes are very natural though), not to blame anyone but I think it's just Denise. I watched her in "You're mine, Only Mine." Sometimes she doesn't seem to respond to the guy as passionately as she could have, to me her acting seems limited, she does have potential no doubt. I think why in "You're mine, Only Mine" love scene was awkward because she didn't really consent to it. The first time he sort of seduced her, caressing her. The second time she was half drunk and they roughed played, it looked like a forced scene but she unconsciously consent to it a few seconds later. lol. In that series, it almost seem like he used her as a sex slave, though it wasn't intended that way, that's why every time they make out it was awkward.

Rafael on the other hand, he always sparks in his love scenes. I sink into his eyes.

For this ethnicity dramas/series I notice they like to dim out the lights alot for love making scenes, so its' no surprised it's so dark. But for sure, "Cheating Hearts" there was alot of light and alot of things to be seen. Maybe it just depend on the actor/actress and the director.

Uncle Alfon (Erik Fructouso). I have never seen his work before. He has a hint of badness but you can tell he's not mean to that extent, like slapping a women. I am afraid of that too that he will either rape Emerald or Jewel. They didn't really explain at the beginning who rape one of the women who was related to Emerald and Jewel's grandpa. Was it Uncle Alfon? And who was the women.
a great. glad you notice her acting skills, yes she got potential... but she got limits when doing such scenes. i think Denise is just too conservative not only because of her family, but she's a religious person, she's a leader of this youth blah blah thingy in a church. so yeah... she got limits. she had an interview before and she was asked if she's gonna do sexy scenes, she said yes but there are limitations. LOL

i got no problem with Rafael Rosell in terms of acting, during early 2000 he showed his p'ek type of boy next door. but now, he's showing his sexy side and doing sensual roles.

and yes, it really depends on actors and actresses... its upto the director if how he/she'll execute the scene without going too far or by request by an actor/actress. Cristine had done a lot of love scenes even when she was still in ch7, the only difference is that her roles in ch7 has always been a supporting role. only ch2 gave her the lead role and she improved a lot when she transferred to ch2. Cristine and Jake are good friends, they're both game to the love scene part when they did in "My Cheating Heart" and "Bud Brothers".

i cant wait for Jaime and Jewel love scene. hehehe XD i think Z's acting is good when he's with Anne Curtis, i watch this drama entitled "The Wedding"... Z and Anne got lot kissing scenes there.

and Erik... mmm... this is actually his comeback in showbiz, plus he's not into dramas before he's mostly doing sitcoms way back during his teenage days, he has a group called "Gwapings" (lit. Guwapo meaning good looking.) 3 members and they're also under in Star Magic, meaning Erik's one of ABS-CBN homegrown talents. their group usually dance, rap and do movies not dramas. their movies are more likely adventure-horror type. Erik Fructuoso, Jomari Yllana and Mark Anthony Fernandez are the original 'gwapings'. when these 3 got disbanded because they wanted to concentrate in their career as an individual, Jomari and Mark Anthony was still active in showbiz and Erik was the one who quit for awhile. during late 90's and early 2000 Jomari was the one whose reigning as an actor for both movies and dramas, he proved his versatility in acting. Mark Anthony had issues with drug and so he got rehab for awhile only in 2006 when Mark returned in showbiz and to his home network, but since there are lot of top actors in ch2 and ch7 offered him to work with them, he's one of the top actors and who can still compete with other actors. Erik got back in showbiz last 2008 in Angel and Piolo's fantasy-action series "Lobo" (Werewolf). his role there is also a wolf and later fell in love with Angel's mom in the series. he plays semi-antagonist because he's a black wolf whose clan enemy are the white wolves. the two join forces when the main villain tries to destroy them.

so you can't find any dramas of Erik Fructuoso, except there are "gwapings" movie clip in youtube. both Erik and Jomari are in abs-cbn ch2 working with 2nd quarter dramas. Erik as Alfon in KRISTINE, while Jomari as vampire in the upcoming vampire-wolf series IMORTAL. meanwhile, Mark Anthony is the only one whose in ch7. XD

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Now all I'm excited about is Jewel and Jaime's relationship. I think he has a feeling the necklace belongs to Jewel.

nikki1786

LizQuen
Now all I'm excited about is Jewel and Jaime's relationship. I think he has a feeling the necklace belongs to Jewel.
i just finished watching the episode last night. i didn't got the chance to watch it because my friends and my bff celebrating her birthday in my own house. we got drunk last night and the whole day today is our 4th movie marathon day. we started to watch movies last tuesday and our senior friend cam brought something to watch. so for the win, i think i have watched 20 movies in a total for 4 days. XD

anyways, back to KRISTINE topic. i was like "pity Jewel... while Emerald's starting to have fun with her man" i dont hate Emerald. but im liking how Jewel starts to put her trust on Jaime. but tonight, she'll reveal herself to him. she'll tell him that she's the Fortalejo. XD however, Jaime's falling for her Jewel already that he can't even let her go.

nikki1786

LizQuen
finally got to watch the friday's episode live. :) i thought she'll admit to him that she's a Fortalejo, i guess i have to wait for next week's episode.

i love friday's episode, just focusing on Jewel and Jaime interaction. i love the laundry scene, where they both hold each other's underwear. XD

more funny scene~!
its also funny how i realized that they're both undergarment endorser with different brands. Z for Bench, while Cristine for Natasha.

im loving Kristine Jewel Fortalejo, love her at times of being clueless. i also love Kristine Emerald Fortalejo, i love it how she says "i love you more" to her sister. i can't wait for Jaime to let Jewel fall for him, i can't wait to their scene where the Fortalejo sisters got back to their grandfather's hacienda Villa Kristine, i think that scene means they resolved their problem a little with the de Silvas because of Emerald and Marco. however the scene that i've been waiting is where Jewel sneaked out from the house just to meet Jaime outside to kiss him.

John Roque, whose now a headwriter for KS said that the viewers will see more of Marco and Emerald's story, because a lot of viewers love them and they knew that Marco and Emerald's story lasted for 1 book only.

lol now i come to understand Jaime's character, i kept watching the teasers and i read some forums about his real identity. if you had watched the episode 1, Alicia de Silva gave birth. she later gives the baby to her mother. that was Jaime and he'll be introduce as Bernard de Silva soon once his true identity revealed. no wonder, Jaime said to Jewel that he came to help the de Silva because the de Silva family helps them a lot and at time of crisis he wants to return the favor, to his last lines he said that "saka na ako magpapakilala" (i'll just introduce myself later.) then when he saved Don Leon from the riot scene he said "just thank me later".

im just getting excited, slowly the writers of this series are giving some hints for Jaime to change into Bernard de Silva. actually they showed 3 hints already, first was when Marco talking to someone over the phone, he didn't mention his name but obviously he was talking to Jaime already. he warned him not to go to the Paso de Blas because its dangerous. second, when Jaime saved Don Leon at the riot scene. third, his conversation with Jewel in this week's episode only. he asked her if who she really was.

though i come up to the point of understanding each episode and characters of the story, i think i am just too excited to let Jaime transform that he's also a heir of Hacienda de Silva. after all he's the son of Alicia de Silva, Marco's eldest sister. in episode 1, the young boy who was crying when their father died at Alicia's wedding was Marco, later Alicia gave birth to a baby boy...

-------

from 54 books, my most favorite couple are Jenny Navarro and Zandro Fortalejo's story. aside from de Silva clan, Fortalejo clan has connections with Navarro clan. Zandro is a bastard son of Don Leon who grew up in the streets. Jennifer Ruth Navarro, a wild brat tamed by Leon's bastard Zandro.

with upcoming more episodes for Kristine Series, JM de Guzman (Mike in Midnight Phantom, Brandon's bestfriend.) he'll play as Nathaniel, Aunt Margarita's son. in the Book Series, it was Nathaniel and Jasmine's love story showcased after Marco and Emerald's "Devil's Kiss". since the drama series focus on Jewel and Bernard's love story, i still can't imagine how they'll introduce Nathaniel, hopefully they got Jasmine character for him.

hopefully once they add the characters of Lance and Diana... i hope this will be the answer to a 2nd season of Kristine. i suggest they should do the second season.

i love Zandro and Jenny's love story. also Lance who fell in love finally all over again with Billie Rose. sometimes im just making an excuse that i dont wanna read Diana's story, but the answers are all there. how did Zandro's character got introduce in
Diana and Bernard's love story. though she played like a villain when Jewel survived from the accident. that's why a lot of readers still love Jewel and Bernard's love story, its the undying love of Bernard to Jewel and Jewel to Bernard. i love the twist and i can't wait to see if who will be the one to play Diana's character.
now, i am going to search the family tree of Fortalejo, de Silva and Navarro.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I did see baby taken away, I knew it had some significance! Jaime does have a very important role! Pra'ek is the son from the girl that na'ek father didn't want to marry. Now I wonder how that will twist and turns...I'll just have to wait till this series is over to watch it all, so I can sit still throughout the whole drama.

nikki1786

LizQuen
im basing the episodes of this drama by week. John Roque, Theodoro and other staff already said that Kristine will have 26 weeks. the week 2 episode where Jewel and Emerald got separated at the riot scene and when Jewel accidentally fall from the truck. they shoot those scenes since last summer. March date was their workshop and test pictorial shoot, that time Eddie Gutierrez was chosen to play the role of Don Leon. but eventually he withdraw and the production chose Lito Legaspi [whom Cristine Reyes worked with in her first major drama when she transferred in abs-cbn network] to play the role of Don Leon.

all the cast in Kristine Series had worked together before, Irma Adlawan (aka Aunt Margarita) she played as an aunt in Z's comedy-romance "The Wedding" with Anne Curtis and she also played as a mother of the p'ek in "My Cheating Heart".

Lito Legaspi played as the Japanese Businessman who fell in love with Eva played by Cristine in "Eva Fonda".

Rafael and Zanjoe are in the same group called coverboys that always perform every Sunday afternoon in a variety show ASAP (All-Star Afternoon Party) so far Cristine already paired with some of the coverboys like Jake Cuenca, Rafael Rosell (in a movie) and Zanjoe Marudo. also recently, Cristine has been part of the variety show now as what this opening clip of ASAP.

she's around 0:49

the one who played the Alicia de Silva at episode 1 is Wendy Valdez whose a the n'ek in Bud Brother Book 7, her opposite partner there is Will Devaughn who got paired with Denise Laurel in "You're Mine, Only Mine".

Zanjoe and his ex-girlfriend Mariel Rodriguez played as 'Betchay' in Bud Brothers Book 2, opposite partner Rafael. eventually Zanjoe and Mariel paired up in PHR's valentine special "Love Is Only In The Movies".

Rafael and Denise got paired in Midnight Phantom, to sum it all... this is the first time that Cristine and Zanjoe work together in a series.

if Cristine didn't accept this drama, she preferred to wait for her drama to be aired next year entitled "Burlesque" a remake series, originally from 1980's movie of veteran actress Vilma Santos. it will be a second remake but first time to be in a series, because their first remake was in movie during 90's played by Ina Raymundo (the one who played as mother of Denise in Midnight Phantom) she used to be a bold star in early 90's but eventually quit. in late 90's and early 2000 most of her roles are not into sensual type as she was a famous bold star, she change eventually and known as good actresses.

i started to like Ina Raymundo after she got featured in MMK episode (MMK is a 1-hour show of a true stories of different people who remembered their past and wants to share if what they have learned. 'MMK means Maalaala Mo Kaya' Do You Still Remember. MMK invites the viewers to share their true to life story and their stories will be portrayed by different actors and actresses.) Ina Raymundo plays the character of May who had a bestfriend namely Dominic, she was fat and often teased by her classmates and Dominic's friends. Dominic never tried to protect her from his friends and so her love for her bestfriend turned hatred.

years later, Dominic got back into the Philippines to inherit his father's business, to apologize to May from what happened. but when they meet again, he was surprised of how slim she was. the one who plays Dominic is Piolo Pascual.

MMK 1998- Plane Ticket

i love Ina's acting here and i so wanted her to paired with Piolo, but it was just a one-shot show. also Ina and Denise is not the first time they played mother-daughter role, they played as mother-daughter role way back 2000.

-----

anyways this is the site, of PHR books...
http://pinoypocketbooks.com/index.php?/vmchk/Kristine-Series/View-all-products.html

nikki1786

LizQuen
finally someone scanned the Kristine Book Series, this is what written behind the front cover and back cover. this is why always call Bernard as Fortalejo before.... XD gonna revise this scan, going to do the clearer version...

Fortalejo and Navarro Family Tree

Fortalejo & Navarro Family Tree, two influential families joined by marriage of Zandro Fortalejo(bastard of Don Leon Fortalejo & Clarita) and Jenny Navarro (daughther of Franco Navarro & Beatriz Montano-Navarro).Franco who was on his younger age was believed to be a close friend of Don Leon Fortalejo and treated the old tyrant man his mentor.

this is the reason why i want a season 2. but its funny how Jewel and Bernard got 4 children, though the other one's adopted. to the new generation. this will introduce other family clan in KRISTINE. but the most significant family clans in KS are Fortalejo and Navarro.