Top Awards is so generic compared to US award shows

onahc

sarNie Elites
My complaints: the stage is so plain and dark, the extemely irritating music that plays before the award is announced, the annoying performances, the audience is so crowded, the atmosphere is so boring and unexciting and the way the award is presented. Who organizes this show anyways. Does anyone have anything else to add?

vannitda

sarNie Hatchling
maybe is because we are so use to wild and crazu award show here in the US. and they are just doing it the Thai way. Or the designer over there are not very talented. but i do agree with you their award show is boring. there is too much talking.

onahc

sarNie Elites
vannitda said:
maybe is because we are so use to wild and crazu award show here in the US. and they are just doing it the Thai way. Or the designer over there are not very talented. but i do agree with you their award show is boring. there is too much talking.
[post="75269"][/post]​

Wild? I 'm talking about award shows like the golden globes or oscars. They're pretty much tame but they are well made and not boring like thai award shows. The stage is fancy, the way the award is presented is not lame (no annoying music and there are just one or two presenters, not a group of people like top awards), the environment/setting is really nice where celebrities are actually dining and enjoying themselves. The whole thing is just glizty and glamourous and everything except generic.

fan

sarNie Juvenile
i think american award shows are just as boring, but boring in a different way. its all about what designer you wear and how expensive the jewlery you are wearing is.... and the insane gift bags that the stars receive for coming out and announcing an award.

the american award shows have more prestige than thai award shows or award shows in most countries... thus bring a higher level of sophistication i think (in response to the dinner tables and such)

thai award shows are adapting in my opinion.... before, i never really noticed a "red carpet" kind of deal with thai award shows.. where the stars are actually stopping in a certain area to pose. as for the way they are seated... i kinda prefer this way.... because they dont have to sit there and pretend to be all well mannered at a dinner table, at least they are comfortable, most likely sitting with people they like, and i dunno... but ive never seen food on those tables at american award shows, do they eat before? besides the tables are round too so half the people at the table have to turn around just to see the stage.

i dont think the musical performances are annoying, and the reason why i think they bring out groups of people to announce is because its a time to promote as well... where as american award shows are not used as a promoting device. there really isnt anything all that fancy about the stage design for american award shows either... unless i missed something this past year because honestly i didnt watch them because ive grown bored of them.... :sweat:

onahc

sarNie Elites
fan said:
i think american award shows are just as boring, but boring in a different way. its all about what designer you wear and how expensive the jewlery you are wearing is.... and the insane gift bags that the stars receive for coming out and announcing an award.

the american award shows have more prestige than thai award shows or award shows in most countries... thus bring a higher level of sophistication i think (in response to the dinner tables and such)

thai award shows are adapting in my opinion.... before, i never really noticed a "red carpet" kind of deal with thai award shows.. where the stars are actually stopping in a certain area to pose. as for the way they are seated... i kinda prefer this way.... because they dont have to sit there and pretend to be all well mannered at a dinner table, at least they are comfortable, most likely sitting with people they like, and i dunno... but ive never seen food on those tables at american award shows, do they eat before? besides the tables are round too so half the people at the table have to turn around just to see the stage.

i dont think the musical performances are annoying, and the reason why i think they bring out groups of people to announce is because its a time to promote as well... where as american award shows are not used as a promoting device. there really isnt anything all that fancy about the stage design for american award shows either... unless i missed something this past year because honestly i didnt watch them because ive grown bored of them.... :sweat:
[post="75288"][/post]​
i do have to agree that american award shows are boring too but like you said they are more sophisticated. their stages are fancier in my opinion, they don't look like some stage for highschool plays or whatnot. i have seen them munch on food, not dinner most likely but probably appetizers and wine. the musical acts that perform at the oscars are for award nominated songs and most importantly there isn't that annoying theme music before the award is presented.

neena

sarNie Adult
i saw this award show and it bored me to death!! it was very boring and the stage and even singers looked rather bored with themselves. i want to design the nex award show in THAILAND

onahc

sarNie Elites
neena said:
i saw this award show and it bored me to death!! it was very boring and the stage and even singers looked rather bored with themselves. i want to design the nex award show in THAILAND
[post="75402"][/post]​

I totally hear you on that!

Calisto

sarNie Hatchling
why do you guys always like to compare to american stuff? how can tv pool be like the oscars?

for me anything is boring if you're not interested in what they're presenting or people at the awards. the sapannahong award was movie cause I don't watch a lot of thai movies and didn't know the actors and movies. star entertainment award was boring too. for american, the country music award is boring cause I don't like country music and the black music award too since I don't know them too. so no matter how gorgeous the setting is it would still be boring to me.

Mint27

yeah, i was really expecting something awful to happen during the winners, but it was really plain and unexciting. :wavecry:

natty

Chubs
well you really cant compare thai award shows to american because for one thing american movies are world wide.. meaning more money, more funds.. the actors and actresses makes more money, the producer makes more money, the production company makes more money.. so they can fund more...

Keomany

Music.heal.All
i havent watch the award show yet..but i no what you mean..they dont make it exciting like a big planing events...even the actor and actress clothing are boring to me..but again its thailand

Mai*

sarNie Elites
here's someone who agreed with you onahc :lol:

lol I didnt think it was all that boring. American awards shows are just as boring, old people sitting at tables. This was probably the first year I watched the Golden Globes fully cause Brad and Angie was there. The way the present is really boring and simple. Justin comes out walking kinda funny and jumping right to the nominations. George does the same. No jokes, no greetings, nothing. It's the music awards that are interesting to watch, like American Music awards or the Grammys. What I like about Top Award are the performances, although this year the performances were quite boring, at least a lot of the stars we see onscreen took part. RS with Dan and Beam's performance was probably the best.

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
^^^^LOL

I was going to start a topic like this!!!! Yes for the first time ever I would have to agree with onahc....LOL. if you take a look at the american's award have all they the celebrities sit at tables rather than among the rows of audience. And I don't know if American holds their awards in a big stage like that. They usually build up the stage or extend or something, but it's not like the thai awards for sure. It's looks like a school assembly. *yawn*

neena

sarNie Adult
top awards is so unorganized...i was watching it once i wondered...why is the person annoucing the winner...the winner? hahaha...the performers were boring...the stage is so blah....it seemed like whoever planned it was in a hurry.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
I don't think the comparison is fair. What's the budget for American award shows? In the millions of dollars for sure. What's the budget for a Thai award show? I'm betting its no more than a couple of thousands of dollars. Its like comparing an Armani dress to a dress from Sears. Its all about the money which translates over into glamour, sophistication, etc. The GG/Oscars are watched all over the world honoring movies that costs millions of dollars to make (on average if you figure in the Indies and then the blockbusters), and brings in that much profit. How much does lakorn make and how much profit do they get? Not a lot compared to American movies. Julia Roberts makes 20mil. a picture, how much does Kob S. get for a lakorn? Or if we want to compare tv with tv, Jennifer Anniston and all the other "Friends" cast made a million for every episode. How much does the highest paid lakorn star get?

NiTha

sarNie Adult
Yup it's all the about the Moola... but i have to point out if you're going to make an award show only for the celebs to show up at least rent a smaller place. Hello!!! I mean even if it's small, u could dress it up more than having to pay a major rental fee for a full stage. But whatever...royalty was there so....iono. I'm pretty sure they could make it all nice and fancy like the Golden Globes.

YoUa

One Of Kob Big Fan
^^^^LOL

I was going to start a topic like this!!!! Yes for the first time ever I would have to agree with onahc....LOL. if you take a look at the american's award have all they the celebrities sit at tables rather than among the rows of audience. And I don't know if American holds their awards in a big stage like that. They usually build up the stage or extend or something, but it's not like the thai awards for sure. It's looks like a school assembly. *yawn*
The stage of Top Award is auditorium.

saonoy03

sarNie Hatchling
in my opinion i find both awards boring, and when it comes to fashion and stuff i think thai actress pulled it off, i mean considering how they did limit themselves to yellow and gold dresses and from what some of you guys mentioned earliar about how americans actress and actors, directors and movies etc.... do make more or have more money so its not really fair to compare them. thailand is still growing while america in my opinion is pretty establish due to the entertaining business but both awards for sure is boring, and its just as crowded its just that it doesnt seem like it but american stars sometime have a hard time coming up to the stage too...i actually enjoy the thai award more than the oscars but thats because i like to see the thai actress and actors guess cuz im more familiar with them then the american stars.....