Too High of Expectation

So... To cut it short and to the point... Why do hmong parents who love their only/oldest/bestest (either one) son expectation in a wife so high it seems IMPOSSIBLE to meet.

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
So... To cut it short and to the point... Why do hmong parents who love their only/oldest/bestest (either one) son expectation in a wife so high it seems IMPOSSIBLE to meet.
that's why don't marry to the oldest or the youngest son.

cutebeam

sarNie Egg
I know that their expectations are high, but think about it. Everyone wants the best for their child however that best is defined differently by everyone. Therefore, your best might not be their best. In my opinion I say that some parents try to find that most perfect wife for thir sons but in the end, it is still not good enough. like the hmong saying "twb xaiv kawg kaus nws twb tsis zoo es yog hais tias twb tsis xaiv kiag no, hos yuav zoo li cas. So i don't blame them for choosing. However, in most cases i don't blame it on only the parents. I will have to blame it on the nyab too. Why? one hand doesn't make noise. I do understand that there are exceptions to everything.

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
well, that's just how most parents are I guess to say....
they want what's the best for their child/oldest b/c maybe they have high hopes for them.

AsianFemale

Mrs. Kim Junsu
Next life time i dont think i want to born as a hmong person again...LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHA......Im a nyab myself and married to the youngest son and let me tell you IM STUCKKKKKKK and it sucks. Its not like i dont like my inlaws of anything but sometimes i feel like im a slave. LMAO :coverlaf:

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I'm not married but I've seen how it goes in the Hmong community. It doesn't really matter if it's the oldest or youngest son, any of their son, they expect alot from their Nyab. However a very few parents are understanding.

I would expect the in-laws to treat you as if you're their own daughter but from what I've seen they over work the nyab more than their daughters.

AsianFemale

Mrs. Kim Junsu
I hate it so much. Everytimes when I go visited my parents oh gosh I just wanna stay over there and not coming back to be the slave lol Yes they do expect too much. Wish I was single again and stay with my parents forever :(