tonsils

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
hi sarnies! i am like sick, mad now so whoever gets in my way i get mad cause now is not the right time. lol...a few days ago my throat was hurting i thought it was sore throat but it got worst and it was my tonsils enlarging!! i hate it when this happens because the last time it happend to me was when i was in middle school but it came back. I was thinking of going into surgery to take it out but i'm kinda afraid too. so have anyone got there tonsils taken out and did it hurt afterwards?

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
I have tonsils problem ever since I could remember, and the worse ever was swollen to the size of small eggs (notice I spell eggs with S, :lol: because I got 4 at the same time ^_^ ) :D
If is not to the point of threaten my life I wouldn't surgery remove it. I'd normally just take antibiotic or painkillers and within few days it should go away, just like any common cold. I don't want to have problem later on if is surgery remove, because from what I was told, to remove them, it would be pull up and cut thru the mouth. And you will not be able to talk for few days and all you have to eat is jello and ice cream. I afraid if something gone wrong I might not be able to talk or eat forever :loool: LOLz, so I live with it, and got use to having it just like having common cold that I got once in awhile.

My friend has her removed, and she said is a bit painful, but only for the first couple of weeks and also inconvenient with foods intakes, but after that is fine.

yajvaj, if you haven't gone to the doctor yet, and you're in pain, just take Advil to help with the pains and also Advil help to reduce the inflammatory and the swollen. Drink lots of cold or ice water and ice cream should help ease it too.

hi sarnies! i am like sick, mad now so whoever gets in my way i get mad cause now is not the right time. lol...a few days ago my throat was hurting i thought it was sore throat but it got worst and it was my tonsils enlarging!! i hate it when this happens because the last time it happend to me was when i was in middle school but it came back. I was thinking of going into surgery to take it out but i'm kinda afraid too. so have anyone got there tonsils taken out and did it hurt afterwards?
First, before to want to remove them, did you went to the doctor ? and ask him what he thinks about it? Because , actually sore throat can be medically solve, i mean by meds and it works really fine. Surgery will be an option, only if the meds don't work. You can't decide by yourself.

And then, removing your tonsils, will be a lot of pain and maybe a lot of problems after the surgery. Because in some case you can bleed a lot several days after getting them remove and sometimes it 's one of the reason that bring the patient to the death.

That's why just go ask your doctor for a treatment even if it hurt, like you say, the last time you got it it was when you was in middle school, which mean that with the right meds, you will be fine!( and it's not because you will remove them that it will mean no more sore throat, because there were so much possibility how to get it.)

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
thank you all! last night i could not take the pain anymore that i went to the emergency room! lol...i have strep throat =( and they gave me a shot in the butt! i can't even spell it's something like presilin and they gave me some pain killers which i can eat a bit now...the doctor says the pain should be gone tomorrow (tuesday) WHEW! i can eat again!! =) Thanks you guys!! =)