This Hair/Blood Thing

nina07

sarNie Adult
Ok, so I went my cousin's house just a little while back, and my aunt started pulling hairs out of my head and they were all tangled and stuff and she said that my hair was sucking my blood?? She said that when you hair starts getting itchy thats when it happens. I was wondering if anyone had experienced this before or even has it? How do you prevent it from happening??

IRukYou

sarNie Juvenile
lol. That's funny, I have actually heard that before. When my parent was younger, about 15+ years ago, they use to have me pull out their white hair. But now that there's too much white hair, I think they realize they are getting older. At least I don't have to out the white hair. lol.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I've never heard of that, maybe you should go see a doctor before doing anything.
Why's your aunt pulling out your hair anyway? If you pull out the roots you might not grow it back in that area and eventually you're going to end up with bald spots. There's stuff you can spray into your hair to untangle it without any damage. Asian hair tends to be fine, it's better to not pull any roots out.

As for the itchness, that can be due to a variety of reasons. Like I said, just see a doctor.
My scalp itches and sometimes it gets sore but that's only because my scalp gets dry during certain weather.
You might want to just try switching shampoos or conditioners.

nina07

sarNie Adult
haha yeah thats what i was thinking at first. My parents were like no its not a problem you just need to wash your hair moe. and im like oh okkayyy. haha. i was freaking out. lmao. My aunt is kinda weird :/

noungning

Heartless
haha yes i hear that all the time... my mom always pulls out hair and says omg this strand, it's thick and curvy, it's sucking blood out of my scalp and making it itch lol... she always pulls some strands out. i think it's pretty normal, ppl around me all say the same too haha.

unless it's the severe type of pulling hair out, that's bad and is usually developed from stress. the term for it is trichotillomania, i used to have this problem unfortunately, and used to have baldspots from pulling my hair out all the time. however my hair is all back and my hair is quite thin... my friend washed and blowdried it for me once and was saying it's like silk hahahaha... i'm serious, not just self absorbent.

if u have dry scalp use nizoral, my derm used to always prescribe it to me if i had dry itchy problems, but when i had the trichotillomania problem. it wasn't dry itchy problem... it started from just doing it for the hell of it... to keep on doing it... and then it just didn't stop... until i realized how embarassing a bald spot looked lol. and mind u, i've always had long hair.

but ok back to ur thread, the hair sucking blood thing is normal... my mom saids it too... but is it normal or is it really happening? who knows? but it's probably a saying the older population grew up hearing so they say it too.

donna

sarNie Adult
i agree. many og's that i know say the same thing. pom geen luerd it's prolly like a myth or something. but i do have thick curly hair growing out my scalp. it don't itch tho

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
isn't that called pom kaun [itchy hair]?? :huh: That's what my mama calls it. lol. She's always pulling strains of hair, trying to find the ones that are really curly. She says pom kaun are the reasons for itchy hair & after she pulls it out, she scratches her head furiously. haha.

noungning

Heartless
yeah pom kun, lol itchy hair... and they tend to say if u don't pull it out, it sucks ur blood hence the topic lol

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
Pom Kun and Pom Kin Lued are different.

Pom Kun is the thick (very thick, thicker than your normal strand), black strand, and very bumpy-curly (not wavey, but curly - zig zag). After you pull it, it may even feel better and relief from the itch. These strands are ones that will get gray first or faster.

Pom Kin Lued is thick hair that is real bright red. Which you will notice right away since we tend to have all black hair. They can be curly-zig zag as well. But i dont know for sure if it is sucking blood...? But I think it gots it name cause of the bright red color.

Either way, if pulling a few of these strands, you will not go bald. In fact, they will grow back, thicker, curlier, more red or more black, and maybe times 2 the amount you pulled, like gray hair.

For me, it never fails, if i have a small itch somewhere, that one of these type of strands are there. And when i pull it, the itch goes away. It might be a myth, but it helps me just to pull 1 or 2 strands of hair. Compared to the amount of hair i shed per day, 1 or 2 strands isnt going to do anything.

noungning

Heartless
^ oh i didn't know that. that it actually turned red... well i've had white hair strands... and nope didn't notice that itching lol and the person cutting my hair would usually find and pull it out for me.

lol but i think the whole "don't pull out that white strand, because it'd spread" is bull lol because everytime i have it, it's pulled out from someone, and no it doesn't spread. and i only get white strands when i'm very stressed out.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I've never heard of this... but i did hear of a story where a woman lives alone in a hut. The neighborhood kids would peek at her through the window and they would see her plucking her hairs and then eating the roots at the end of the hair.

Brandy

sarNie Egg
:lol: Haha my grandma says weird stuff like that all the time. She actually does that when I have a bad headache, but that's just because she is a vicious woman. l0l. I hope your hair is not really some alien blood sucker or something. Then we'd all be terrified of what's everywhere on our heads[: