the word "TIJ LAUG" in dubbed dramas

hi all... I been watching quite a bit of dubbed thai lakorns and a few other dramas and I noticed that the people who dubbed these dramas ( a couple production, that is) in a relationship or a married couple the wife or girlfriend calls their significant one "tij laug" is there a reason to that? Is it that the people who dubb movies are tired of saying... KOJ TXIV, TUS HLUB, and them cheesy things... Jus curious...

myx

sArNieZ
i guess they want to be like thai people and call their other one pee like p'Aum or p'Ken. just my opinion. or like korean peoplel "oppa"

ayang874

sarNie Hatchling
Those dubbers don't know how to dub in order to suit the Hmong audiences. My mom was annoyed, saying you don't call your lover or hubby "older brother" in Hmong it sounds so weird and nasty.

They should just stick to Koj txiv and Tus hlub because they these titles sound better in Hmong and more appropriate. Dubbers shouldn't dub exactly how Thai people say it because it doesn't make sense in Hmong and sounds like the main girl is doing incest or something. Ewww... Only good if the pr'ek is actually seen as a older brother figure or friend not if she sees him as a love interest.

Mae

sarNie Adult
Those dubbers don't know how to dub in order to suit the Hmong audiences. My mom was annoyed, saying you don't call your lover or hubby "older brother" in Hmong it sounds so weird and nasty.

They should just stick to Koj txiv and Tus hlub because they these titles sound better in Hmong and more appropriate. Dubbers shouldn't dub exactly how Thai people say it because it doesn't make sense in Hmong and sounds like the main girl is doing incest or something. Ewww... Only good if the pr'ek is actually seen as a older brother figure or friend not if she sees him as a love interest.
I completely agree. It's such a turn off when the wife keeps saying tij laug. Just say the p'eks name and it will be fine.

yeah... I was a bit annoyed but gave up on it... Haha... I tried to call my dork that and he said y I acting stoopid... But emilie reply does make sense tho... Maybe hmong dubbers are try to get it close or exactly...

cecilia

Staff member
yup, they should just call the p'ek by his name instead of tus hlub, koj txiv or tij laus .. these three send chills through my back each time ppl mention it in a relationship.