The Undying Love :: Aum/Aff

sarN

sarNie Granny
***sad. i have a feeling she will die ...i hate to see a child w/o a mother ..specially right after birth...

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
oh how sad...why must he be torn between his baby and his wife....happy or sad...i hope she's alright...

not to ruin the mood but his doctor that looks exactly like his wife...were you talking about me???

pze

sarNie Adult
i finally started this....its really good lome....keep it coming cant wait for more

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Author's note - Sorry for the late update guys. I finally got internet at my new home. So now I will update this regularly. Thanks for reading. Enjoy.

Part III

Thantorn's heart was beating through his chest while he followed the nurse to the nursery. Arrisa could only hope and pray for her brother's sake as she somberly walked behind her brother, wishing that things were different. Ever since their parents died, Thanatorn assumed the role of both parents for her; he worked really hard to take care of her, and for that she will always be grateful, loving her brother to death. She sighed as she watched her brother walk along with his head slouched down. If only she could take away his pains, her life would be complete, she thought.

His heart and mind was overwhelmed with so many different kinds of emotions that he could literally feel that vein on his temple throb as he prepares to meet his daughter. This wasn't how he envisioned the homecoming of his baby. He pictured himself holding Sayla's hands and encouraging her as she pushes baby Nani through her womb and into the world. And as the doctor handed the baby to them, he pictured himself kissing and holding both his wife and baby into his arms. But instead, he is now walking down a cold hallway, smelling the stench of sickness and medicines. He felt so cold and tired as he longed for that picture perfect moment, but he had to snapped into reality.

Nurse Julie - We're here, Mr. Thamadeth. Wait right here okay? Let me get your baby.

Arrisa squeezed her brother's hand as they waited for the baby to arrive.

Arrisa - P'Torn, I can't wait to see Nani. I bet she looks like you.

Arrisa chuckled, trying to lightened up the mood, but Thanatorn could only force a half smile for his sister. How can he smile when all he thinks about is his wife? He was still clueless as to what's really wrong with his wife. The worst part is not being able to see her since she is still in ICU waiting for Dr. Yeerman. Nurse Julie then appeared from the nusery holding a tiny bundle of joy snugged in a pink blanket.

Julie - There we are baby Nani. Here's daddy.

The nurse smiled as she handed Nani to her daddy.

Awwwww, she's so pretty, P'Torn, Arrisa uttered happily.

Immediately, when Thanatorn laid eyes on his daughter, his heart melted and tears formed behind his tired eyes. Even through the distress and pain, he couldn't help but smiled widely as the baby wiggled around softly in his arms. She appeared to be looking right at her daddy, eventhough her vision was still blurry. Thanatorn stuck his index finger into her little palms as he cradled his baby gentle and smiled. He felt so proud, felt so good as he held his daughter; his creation. He then realized how much she looks like Sayla. Her cheeks so soft and rosy, eyes dark and round, a split image of the woman he loves.

Daddy's here. Daddy love you, he uttered and vowing to himself that he will do anything and everything in his power to protect his little girl and his wife.

My turn, Arrisa suggested as she took the baby out of her brothers arms.

That's when it became clear to him again. Sayla hasn't even seen their precious baby yet, instead she's still in ICU awaiting the cardiologist and conciousness. How can this happen? This was suppose to be the happiest day of their lives, but instead it is bitter sweet. Thanatorn sighed, feeling a wave of sadness enter his heart as he tried to overcome it.

The nurse appeared again.

Nurse Julie - Mr. Thamadeth? Dr. Yeerman finished examining Mrs. Thamadeth and he is ready to see you now.

Thanatorn - What about my wife?? Has she awaken yet? Could I see her?

Nurse Julie - You'll have to find that out from the doctor, sir.

Arrisa kissed Nani and handed her back to Nurse Julie. We'll be back okay, little Nani? Aunty love you.

After returning Nani to the nursery, Nurse Julie led the siblings to the doctor's office. Dr. Yeerman greeted them and shook their hands. Thanatorn didn't waste any time and went right to the questions.

Thantorn - Doctor, how's my wife? I want to see her.

Dr. Yeerman - Mr. Thamadeth, your wife is stable right now, and she should be coming out of unconciousness any minute.

Thanatorn - That's good! I want to see her, doctor.

Dr. Yeerman - Mr. Thamadeth, before you visit your wife, there's some things we've got to discuss first okay?

Thanatorn nodded blankly.

Dr. Yeerman - First off, I would like to reassure you that she will recover and be able to go home eventually, however she will be very weak for the first few months, not only from recovering from the c-section, but also from the temporary work I did on her heart.

Thanatorn - I don't understand doctor, what's wrong with her heart??

Dr. Yeerman - Mrs. Thamadeth has an untreated hole in the heart. It appears to have been there for awhile. I have temporarily implanted a device to patch it up, however, in order to fix the problem permenantly, she must have a heart transplant.

Thanatorn sat back weakly and ran nervous fingers through his hair. No wonder Sayla's been so weak the last few years. She often sleeps and have major migranes and perhaps that's the reason for the immune issues, making it hard for her to concieve, but nevetheless, a miracle happened when she became pregnant with Nani.

He felt as though the ground underneath him had just crumpled. His world shook and scattered into a million poeces. Arrisa gasps and covered her mouth with shakey hands as tears streamed down her face. She couldn't help, but feel sorrow since she loves Sayla dearly, like a mother and sister she longed for. She couldn't bear seeing her brother so broken up like this either.

Thanatorn's voice became shakey. He didn't want to dare ask the question, but he knew he had to.

Thanatorn - Doctor.. what happens if she doesn't get a transplant?

Dr. Yeerman - Mr. Thamadeth, I'm going to be frank with you. If she does not get this transplant, then, I'm sorry, but it could mean her life.

Thanatorn - Then what do we do doctor?? When will you give her this transplant?

Dr. Yeerman - I've prepared some paperwork for you to sign, Mr. Thamadeth. Your wife has been placed on a list to receive a donor's heart that matches her blood type and marrow.

Thanatorn paused and became stiff, not wanting to ask his next question at all. He swallowed the big lump in his throat as his stomach did a flip flop.

Thanatorn - Doctor, just how long will it take to get a donor heart?

Dr. Yeerman - It depends on how we could find a match. It could take a few weeks, a few months, or even years. And there's also the cost, Mr. Thamadeth. The transplant alone is $100,000. I see here that your wife is covered under your insurance. However, they only pay 50%, so the rest will be coming out of your pocket.

Thantorn - What???!!! This is ridiculous!! I pay $100 a month for this god damn healthcare, but it only covers 50%???? That's absurd!!!! How can this be, doctor? There must be a mistake!

Dr. Yeerman - Mr. Thamadeth, that, you'll have to speak with human resource at your place of employment okay? Now, I've got some documents for you to sign. After that, I'll bring you to Mrs. Thamadeth.

Thanatorn sighed heavily and signed the documents. His heart felt so heavy, worried about the donor heart, and wonders where he'll find $50,000 to pay for her operation. Arrisa felt so helpless as she squeezed his shoulders.

Dr. Yeerman - Okay, thank you, Mr. Thamadeth. When we find a donor, we will contact you immediately. We will proceed with the operation, however, the fee will need to be paid three months after okay? And now, before I take you to her, I would like to explain and make it clear that Mrs. Thamadeth stays stressfree. This is very very important okay? Any sort of distress could hurt her condition. She must get a lot of rest and get plenty of fluids and she needs to stay on a healthy diet consisting of plenty of iron. Right now, Mrs. Thamadeth is still clueless to her condition--we want to go ahead and keep it that way for now. On her follow up appointment, we'll explain everything.

Thanatorn and Arrisa agreed to all of the doctor's orders. After signing all documents and agreeing to the orders, Dr. Yeerman led the siblings to a hospital room where Sayla rested.

Thanatorn entered the room and was surprised to see his wife already sitting up half way, cradling the baby and smiled happily, clueless to her fate. A nurse stood by the bed, waiting to assist Sayla with the baby as she enjoyed her daughter, eventhough she was very weak. Her lips were chapped, but she wasn't as pale as before.

You're Mommy's little girl, Sayla whispered and smiled.

When Sayla realized that Thantorn and Arrisa arrived, she looked up from the baby and immediately there were sparkles in her eyes; she was so happy to see Thanatorn. Her voice was coarsed and weak, but she still managed to greet them.

Sayla - Thanatorn....Arrisa... So glad you guys are here. Look at how cute Nani is. She's got your eyes, darling.

Thanatorn forced a smile, remembering Dr. Yeerman's orders. He wanted to fully be happy, but he just couldn't bring himself to relax. He should be happy that she's now stable, but how can he? When he knows the problem was only fixed temporarily. Arrisa interupted, trying to play off her brother's emotions, so that Sayla wouldn't noticed anything.

Arrisa - Uhh.. Err...hehe.. yes.. P'Say, Nani does have P'Torn's eyes, but she looks mostly like you.

Sayla - Oh yeah, she does doesn't she? Cause she's Mommy's little angel.

The nurse left the room to give the family a little privacy. Thanatorn moved closer to his wife and baby, and then sat next to her on the bed, and wrapped his arms around both his wife and daughter tightly. I love you both so very much, he uttered, trying to hold back his tears. Sayla chuckled and admired her daughter and relaxed into Thanatorn's chest, cleluess to his raging emotions, since he hid it so well. Arrisa sighed as she tried to hold back her own tears, not knowing what the future holds.

*Part IV coming up*

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
thanks for the update! ^_^

sayla doesn't know her real condition.... :(

she needs heart transplant? hmmm... maybe thanatorn will die and later on, his heart will be transplanted to her... or maybe not... that's too sad... :(

lady0fdarkness

she needs heart transplant? hmmm... maybe thanatorn will die and later on, his heart will be transplanted to her... or maybe not... that's too sad... :(
Hehe... good insight.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
hmm...that was sad...

k arissa felt bad for her brother she felt like she owes it to him for taking good care of her since their parents passed...maybe she might be the heart donor?.. or she can be the one to find the person to lend them the 50K...which lead to meeting the p'ek family? ...some sort of deal is made..stuff happens... ^_^

this will be interesting to read..i cant wait!!!

thanks lome!

lady0fdarkness

hmm...that was sad...

k arissa felt bad for her brother she felt like she owes it to him for taking good care of her since their parents passed...maybe she might be the heart donor?.. or she can be the one to find the person to lend them the 50K...which lead to meeting the p'ek family? ...some sort of deal is made..stuff happens... ^_^

this will be interesting to read..i cant wait!!!

thanks lome!
If Arrisa is the donor then that means she will have to die..... I dunno if anyone will die in this fic.. It will be a gappy ending... in a sense. :D

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
wahhh thats good...im glad to hear its gonna be a happy ending lome!

yessssssssssss.... i rather read sappy happy endings than those leave you hanging or sad ending...

so ...k now new turn...ok...so the p'ek mother could be dying soon...and her heart of blood type matches sayla's? ...the p'ek then comes to visit sayla..he felt close to her just like it was his own mother..or will he be angry at the woman who got to live with his mothers' heart only to lose her own dear life!?

so many opportunities..

i cant wait to read about p'ek's sides...

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
lol what ..did i miss..sayla is aff? and the worrying husband ..is umm? oh boy..i must go reread this.. :lol:

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny

dude...that was what i was thinking..that or he gets called off to war...and he doesn't want to but they are willing to give him money (like $50,000) and then since he loves his wife so much, he decides to go...:( lome you are me crying..it's so sad