The Reunion - seven days to fall in love

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
after reading a lot of fanfics, i'm too inspired to write a fanfic of my own! lol! this'll be my first one! please be considerate! haha...

plot summary:

it has been ten years since their high school graduation and they finally decided to have a week-long reunion in an island resort in phuket owned by their class rep. it'll just be their classmates and their families...

ann was just recovering from her husband's death. she needed something that could distract her so maybe this is a very good idea to forget about him. besides, she was really missing her high school friends and she couldn't wait to see all of her friends again! for the last five years, she hasn't seen any one of them because she moved to america. this reunion was something ann was looking forward to! but why is it that a part of her is worried?

enter ken - the silent, nice and handsome classmate ann secretly had a crush on since kindergarten. they've been friends since they met but they've never been more than that. he's in love with someone else, a girl named tish. she was also their classmate. ken and tish were supposed to get married but tish didn't come on their wedding day and he didn't hear from her ever again. that broke ken's heart.

on the first day of the reunion, the three people will meet each other again. would those ten years change ann's (secret) feelings for ken? could ken get another chance to be with the woman he loved (tish)?

but destiny seems to have a plan for them. for some reason, ann's friend found ann wrapped in ken's arms... naked! -in ann's bathroom! so they ended up pretending to the whole class that they were married!

aaahhh!!! i think there'll be 10 chapters or more... it's been years since i've written a story so i'm not so confident about this! haha...

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
*gasp* ken was ann's crush since kindergarten! so cute... :wub:

keep it coming, tfilipina! :lol: btw, do you speak tagalog? :lol:

OMG!! am I first to comment?? I can't believe I came first before RR... :rolleyes:

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
CHAPTER 1 - ANN

"So, are you coming?," jen asked Ann over the phone. It’s always been a talent of jen to track down the people she wanted to contact. It’s a wonder that even when Ann moved to America, jen was still able to find her number. "The reunion will be next month! And so far, 20 of our 35 classmates have agreed and everyone will be bringing his/her wife/husband and kids with them..."

"uhhh... I don't know jen...," Ann couldn't decide immediately. For now, she still has a lot of things to do... like mourning for her husband's death!

"Ok. But call me when you make a decision.”

“Ok jen. Bye!” Ann made a deep sigh. My girl friends will be bringing their husbands! She thought, jealous of them. Oh, Krit, why did you have to leave me? I would’ve become the proudest wife there. I would’ve liked to introduce you to my friends and boast of what good a husband I’ve found…

Tears suddenly rolled down her cheeks. She really still hasn’t moved on. It’s been four months since the plane crash but it seemed like yesterday. She was supposed to die with him then had he not covered her body with his in protection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ann and Krit waved to their families goodbye (smiling like crazy!) as they headed for the pre-departure area in the NY airport. They were heading for Hawaii for their honeymoon.

She was sleeping when she heard a loud explosion. One of the wings ignited and the plane was going down, down, down… until she fainted.

She was conscious again. Her whole body ached and she could feel something warm on her forehead. Blood! She opened her eyes and realized that Krit was lying beneath her, wrapping his arms around her. She smiled, thinking that it would all be alright since Krit was there. With her right hand, she held his but untouched him again almost instantly. This can’t be! His hand was cold, and she couldn’t feel his heartbeat beneath her, she couldn’t feel him breathing… He’s DEAD!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ann awoke at the sound of the phone. She was sweating. It’s that memory again! She’s been trying to repress that memory but it keeps on coming back to her mind…

Ann: (nervously) Hello?

Mom: Honey… this is Mom

Mom! Oh, how she loves to hear the soothing voice of her mother…

Ann: Is there something wrong there in Thailand mom? It’s 4 in the morning here in NY!

Mom: No dear. It’s just that… your friend, jen, called here telling me about your reunion. And i just thought that it’ll be a great idea if you’ll come back here and join your reunion… you know… to forget…

Ann: but mom…

I don’t want to forget…

Mom: it’s been 4 months ann. You can’t mourn forever! You have to move on! Besides, your brother’s wife is about to give birth next month. Won’t you like to see your first nephew?

Hmm… maybe it’s not such a bad idea after all. I could see my friends again and I’ll be seeing my nephew…

Ann: ok mom. I’ll go… I’ll just take care of some things in the hospital and then next month, I’ll come home.

Home. Five years ago, she left home to study more in the pediatrics. And now, she’s a doctor in one of America’s best children’s hospital. Come to think of it, the reason why she liked to be a doctor was because of that someone from her primary school. Her friend ever since kindergarten was a weakling. When they’d play tag, he’d try to catch his breath every 10 seconds! And he has such poor eyesight, wearing glasses thrice as big as his eyes! –which made him even cuter! Ann smiled as she remembered her childhood friend. Ken! Then her heart gave that tingling sensation that made her shiver. I wonder how he is?

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
*gasp* ken was ann's crush since kindergarten! so cute... :wub:

keep it coming, tfilipina! :lol: btw, do you speak tagalog? :lol:

OMG!! am I first to comment?? I can't believe I came first before RR... :rolleyes:

oh gosh! i didn't expect someone would comment this fast! haha...

and yes i speak tagalog but my dialect's visayan...

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
so ann lost her husband... so sad.. feel sorry for her...

and she also became a pediatrician because of KEN!! how cute... :wub:

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
what a great start....so sad how krit died....can't wait until ken and ann meet

GASP i can't believe i wasn't the first one...so sad.... :( donna beat me.... lol

nikki1786

LizQuen
oh gosh! i didn't expect someone would comment this fast! haha...

and yes i speak tagalog but my dialect's visayan...

lol... if you say you live in visayas... that means Donna lives in Luzon(North), you(Middle), Me... Mindanao(South)...

but most of all... i can speak both tagalog and visayan language... ;) no worries...

anyways, i'll be back to read your story... hehehe you're inspired huh.

im going to island beach resort first with my friends... be back later tonight... ^_^

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
i still can't decide what to write next... there are a lot of scenes in my head but i'm not sure which ones to write! hahaha!!!

nikki1786

LizQuen
i still can't decide what to write next... there are a lot of scenes in my head but i'm not sure which ones to write! hahaha!!!

lol.... try to focus... those scenes in your mind will always come out on the next chapter scenes... you have to concentrate in which scenes you would like to start.

p.s.

mas lingaw kung ibutang nimo sa story ang R scene... kay kana mahalin jud na~! LMAO :loool:

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
lol.... try to focus... those scenes in your mind will always come out on the next chapter scenes... you have to concentrate in which scenes you would like to start.

p.s.

mas lingaw kung ibutang nimo sa story ang R scene... kay kana mahalin jud na~! LMAO :loool:
ate nikki is right...just try to focus... :lol:

R scene or a willing scene would be nice... :rolleyes:

p.s.
ate nikki, R scene lang naintidihan ko sa sinabi mo... :loool:

nikki1786

LizQuen
ate nikki is right...just try to focus... :lol:

R scene or a willing scene would be nice... :rolleyes:

p.s.
ate nikki, R scene lang naintidihan ko sa sinabi mo... :loool:

:lol: ang sabi ko mas maganda kung R scene. LOL ito na nga sinasabi ko eh... you know what try to live in my place and you'll learn speaking visayan. hahahaha

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
hahaha!!! r and willing scenes huh? to be honest, those are the ones i'm always thinking! wahahaha... :loool:
nikki, you misunderstood me. i don't live in the visayas but in mindanao. visayan/cebuano is my dialect but it doesn't mean i live in the visayas. hehe... :D

yirumi's compositions are what make me imagine my story. thanks for introducing him to us!

hmmm... i think i'll write the next chapter later... thanks for your suggestions! i'm still an amateur in this. you're pros!

nikki1786

LizQuen
hahaha!!! r and willing scenes huh? to be honest, those are the ones i'm always thinking! wahahaha... :loool:
nikki, you misunderstood me. i don't live in the visayas but in mindanao. visayan/cebuano is my dialect but it doesn't mean i live in the visayas. hehe... :D

yirumi's compositions are what make me imagine my story. thanks for introducing him to us!

hmmm... i think i'll write the next chapter later... thanks for your suggestions! i'm still an amateur in this. you're pros!

oh, that gives me reason for living LMAO :loool: im ilonggo but i grew speaking tagalog in our family but then my surroundings... they speak more in cebuano... so that's why i know how to speak both language... but i dunno how to speak ilonggo T_T LMAO

anyways, i cant wait for the next chapter. speaking of Yiruma, yes, he has lots of good songs and mostly in korean series especially in dramas... he's on a roll composing some background songs for their series... :D like the Spring Waltz series... :) if you prefer romantic instrumentals, its always the piano and the violin is the best to use as the BG song of your story... aside from Yiruma, try Yoshiki and Andrey Cechelero... they're good musicians too ;) but most of all i love Yiruma... :wub: hehehe

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
CHAPTER 2 – BACK TO THAILAND

Someone please remind me why I came back! Ann muttered as she dragged her baggage outside Bangkok International Airport where she is met by the welcoming breeze of Thai air. Ah! I think I remember now… she breathed in the familiar smell of her country. I’m home at last!

Ann was about to hail a taxi but she heard her name being called. She turned around to find her brother waving at her.

Brother: (while coming to her) Ann, my dear sister! (He gave her a hug)

Ann: brother! What are you doing here? I thought no one’s gonna pick me up since everybody seems to be busy with their work! (she was pretending to be upset with her family)

Brother: Nonsense! Here, (he got her baggage) I’ll take you home…

As he was driving her home, they passed by some of her favorite places – that fast-food chain she used to dine with her friends every Saturday, talking nonstop about their most annoying teacher, most mind-boggling subjects, most bitchy girl in class, most handsome guy in school and everything else; that park where she often go to calm herself when she had problems; that mall where she and her girlfriends shop, exchanging tips about fashion and comfort; and of course, who would ever forget her school? That was the place where she spent almost all of her life, doing the most exciting!

Ahhh, those were the days… she smiled.

Brother: we’re here!

They stopped in front of a restaurant. The lights inside were turned off and she assumed that the restaurant was already closed. His bother got out of the car and opened her door.

Brother: Come.

Ann: Huh??? I thought we’re going home?!?

She followed her brother towards the restaurant and just when they entered it, a loud “SURPRISE!” greeted them. She realized her whole family was there including her cousins, aunts and uncles. Her mother came to her.

Mom: welcome home dear Ann. (Her mom pecked her cheeks just like she used to) may this be the start of your new life Ann…

Ann: mom, (she hugged her mom) it’s not like I’m staying here for good… I’ll just be here for a month! (she said it teasingly)

Mom: I know dear. But it’s about time…

Ann: I know mom. (she gave her mom a reassuring smile and they hugged again) ok! So, can we eat now? I’m starving!

They said their prayers and ate. She was eating and talking with her immediate family when she heard a female voice speak from the other table.

???: …so he planned the most romantic proposal, prepared an ideal wedding, and designed this cute house just for his wife…

???2: wow! He must have loved her very much!

???: If that wasn’t love, I don’t know what is!

???2: too bad she left him…

???: she’s crazy to let him go! I tell you, no one would love her more than he does! That Tish is really a bitch for breaking my brother’s heart!

Tish! That was also the name of the girl that Ken was obsessed with! Ann turned around to see who was talking and saw her cousin’s wife… who also happens to be Ken’s sister!

fun

Expired Sarnie
I was gone for the weekend and BAM so many new fiction and plus this is Ken and Ann. I am so happy there is more of them! I'll be back to read the story. I only got to read the the intro.

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
CHAPTER 3 – ON HER WAY TO THE ISLAND RESORT

Ann felt nauseous as she was riding the mini-boat to the island resort. It was a different feel from the big barges in New York. Here, she could feel the waves throwing the boat here and there. Whereas in that of New York, you could barely sense that you’re on water. Adding to her nauseating feeling are the embarrassing moments of her high school days. She was excited to come for the reunion but she couldn’t stop the flashbacks from coming in her head – one after the other. Why do I have to remember them now???

There was this one time she was dancing comically in the classroom, thinking she’s the only person there, but she soon found out that the guys were peeking at her from a slightly opened door! Aaarghh!! That was way so embarrassing!!! She slapped her face to forget that…

And there’s that time she left an anonymous love note in Ken’s locker but instead of Ken finding it, it was Tish who found it first! How could I be so stupid to forget that they shared a locker??? Then, Tish brought it to class, showed it to her friends and they just laughed at it! God! It’s a good thing I didn’t write my name there! That was too close!

Then at prom night, out of boredom, she and her three friends decided to go out of the function room and have an amateur photo shoot at the hotel’s grand staircase. After like a hundred shots, they proceeded to the labyrinth garden where they spent more than an hour looking for their way out! When they returned to the function room, they were scolded by their class adviser. But, stubborn as they are, they still continued their photo shoot after the program. It was her turn to pose at the poolside… she slipped… and fell to the pool… in her enormous princess gown! (Imagine Giselle in Disney’s The Enchanted) It took four hotel staff to help her out since her gown was too heavy! Her friends just laughed at her and continued taking pictures of her rescue. Damn those girls! When I meet them in the island, I’ll surely get back at them! She thought lightheartedly.

But the last thing she wanted to remember came rushing back to her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was graduation day. Everyone’s busy showing off their medals. Ann herself got seven. She was boasting her accomplishments to her three close friends (those same friends at prom night) when…

???: Ann!

She heard someone call her name but was surprised to see…

Ann: Ken!

Ken: (he gave her a hug which made her heart flutter in pleasure) I just wanted to see you, my friend, before we go to different Universities. (He smiled at her)

Ann: (still recovering from his hug) well, it’s not like we won’t be seeing each other again…

Ken: Shhh… (He put a finger to her lips to shut her up) It is possible that we will not be seeing each other again so I might as well say this before we part.

Say what? Her heart began to beat faster…

Ken: (took a deep breath) Well, anyway, I just wanted to thank you for the friendship.

Oh, so it’s just a “thank you” she thought disappointedly.

Ken: You know, (he continued) at kindergarten, you’re the one who has always defended me from the other kids because I looked so geeky. (He chuckled) You played with me even though the others were teasing you… (he was looking at her with those loving eyes…) and then at primary school, you had always helped me with the science projects and helped me practice for the English spelling quizzes… (those eyes were drawing her closer and closer…) When we reached high school, we didn’t get to be together much. And I know that we weren’t as close now as before… but I’m really grateful that I’ve known you, Ann. (and before she knew it, she kissed him!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaaargh!!! That was too much! Stop it brain! Stop remembering! Stop thinking! Stop working! She was too red now in embarrassment. How could I remember it now? I was fine before this! How can I face them now??? Nooo!!! Can I just go back? I don’t want to go there anymore!

But too late! The boat has just reached the island…

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
finally caught up! :lol:

wow... so many embarrassing moments of ann... aawww... prom! me and my friends also had a mini photo shoot during our prom night... but in the rest room... in the male's rest room! :ph34r: :lol:

can't wait for the next chapter! ^_^