The Maeya Nonthawan case

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Do you think the channel is racist against dark skinned female artists? Sorry for being so blunt and problematic but CH3 needs to get its shit together and not waste Maeya Nonthawan time. Maybe I am wrong but what do you think will happen to this girl career ? Thank you

HNA0

☀️
What is this about? I don't follow Thai industry that much so I don't know however, I do know who she is.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I don't think they're racist, but most Asian in general loves light skin people. With ch3, they need to find their "koo-jin" in order to make it big.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
What is this about? I don't follow Thai industry that much so I don't know however, I do know who she is.
Maeya Nontgawan won Miss Thailand in 2014 if I am right. She is a very beautiful girl. She signed with Ch3 in 2015. She had a cameo as a beautiful model in this Matt, Koy, Masu, Lek and Great lakorn and she got a lead role in an evening lakorn with late Por T. as her P'ek in late 2015. Since then she has been stuck in Dungeon. No apparition, No roles, nothing not even an ost song ! She was pretty hyped back in the day ! And now Nothing ! Not even a cameo or a supporting role ! No event at all ! This girl also unlike Ch3 hyped actresses happens to be dark skinned, sth Ch3 (not the only channel but still beats its other contenders at it) seems to be allergic to from what I have seen. Maybe I am overacting but yeah... and please don't tell me cause her skills as actress are lacking since we have witnessed bunch of overhyped new gen actresses lacking a lot in skills and a lot miscastings cases too

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
I don't think they're racist, but most Asian in general loves light skin people. With ch3, they need to find their "koo-jin" in order to make it big.
Hummm but some actresses still don't have a stable "koo-jin" but they still get roles even supporting ! They need to give this girl a chance to work and improve as an actress ! Now if she refuses roles -which I am doubting- then I take back everything I wrote here !

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
Just questions so I can get a better understanding of her current situation:
Whose managing her ?
Does she have any connections with any of the production houses at Channel 3 ?
What were the results with her last drama ?
How long is her contract ?

- Thai industry (& Asia + other countries too) has a big issue with colorism/shadeism. I wouldn't be surprised if that was one contributing factor to why she isn't getting roles. There may be more to the picture that we don't see, a conflict BTS that we are not privy too. Does anyone know what she's up to these days or have insider info ?

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I have no idea who she is. I know Benz (drk skin) had many n'k roles.

But in general being dark skin in azn is unwanted and consider ugly

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Just questions so I can get a better understanding of her current situation:
Whose managing her ?
Does she have any connections with any of the production houses at Channel 3 ?
What were the results with her last drama ?
How long is her contract ?

- Thai industry (& Asia + other countries too) has a big issue with colorism/shadeism. I wouldn't be surprised if that was one contributing factor to why she isn't getting roles. There may be more to the picture that we don't see, a conflict BTS that we are not privy too. Does anyone know what she's up to these days or have insider info ?
About your question I don't exactly who is managing her nor how long last the contract. I follow her on insta but she hasn't updated anything for a while. Her last lakorn was with Por Trisadee. It aired around the time he got sick and died (not even sure it properly aired during this time). From then on we got no more news about her. Like she disappeared :-( .
As you said maybe sth else happened and she can't act anymore

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I honestly think Maeya would have done better if she signed with channel 7. I notice that Channel 7 has their own catalog of looks and so does channel 3. I've always felt that channel 3 tends to like mixed looking people more, whether it is Euro, or other Asian-Thai mixes. I don't think they are racist per say, but more prejudiced.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Hummm but some actresses still don't have a stable "koo-jin" but they still get roles even supporting ! They need to give this girl a chance to work and improve as an actress ! Now if she refuses roles -which I am doubting- then I take back everything I wrote here !
Is she contracted with ch3? She just disappeared after one lakorn. Idk, ch3 does like their mixed actors more.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
I honestly think Maeya would have done better if she signed with channel 7. I notice that Channel 7 has their own catalog of looks and so does channel 3. I've always felt that channel 3 tends to like mixed looking people more, whether it is Euro, or other Asian-Thai mixes. I don't think they are racist per say, but more prejudiced.
For example I see a lot of roles given to the likes of Bella or Mint or Kim I think this girl could have been fitting. At least give her a second fiddle role if you think she is still weak as an actress ! About the differences of channels you are totally right ! Look at this newbie Ploy girl at Channel 7. This girl would be nothing at ch3

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
For example I see a lot of roles given to the likes of Bella or Mint or Kim I think this girl could have been fitting. At least give her a second fiddle role if you think she is still weak as an actress ! About the differences of channels you are totally right ! Look at this newbie Ploy girl at Channel 7. This girl would be nothing at ch3
Same with girls l ike Maggi Apa (Who I actually like for some reason despite her overacting). I actually think Maeya is a pretty strong actress and she can sing. Even though I like Mint C, it would have been interesting to see Maeya in the lakorn with Top that just ended. If you watch Maeya's lakorn with Por, you can see that she is actually alot better than some of the current newbies they are pushing.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
@preetam, maybe she just need a better manager or switch to freelance. She doesn't have any projects in the works at all? I find most of ch3 actors are limited to acting compared to ch7 or ch OneHD. When her contact is over she should be freelance if she's still interested in acting. Thai ET needs more Thai looking actor like her.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
@preetam, maybe she just need a better manager or switch to freelance. She doesn't have any projects in the works at all? I find most of ch3 actors are limited to acting compared to ch7 or ch OneHD. When her contact is over she should be freelance if she's still interested in acting. Thai ET needs more Thai looking actor like her.
So far no news about any project. Her manager must be at fault too not promoting her :-( . I wishe she signed with ch7 or Onehd

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I think even if she doesn't sign with channel 7 or gmm/onehd, going to channels like workpoint or channel 8 may be worth it or true. channel 8 quality of lakorns are actually getting much better these days and they lack decent nang'eks (probably a budget thing). Workpoint's current lakorn is actually pretty popular I think. Anything is better than not being put out there. The thing with channel 3 is they have ALOT of actors and actresses, and they don't know how to use them all.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
I think even if she doesn't sign with channel 7 or gmm/onehd, going to channels like workpoint or channel 8 may be worth it or true. channel 8 quality of lakorns are actually getting much better these days and they lack decent nang'eks (probably a budget thing). Workpoint's current lakorn is actually pretty popular I think. Anything is better than not being put out there. The thing with channel 3 is they have ALOT of actors and actresses, and they don't know how to use them all.
That is the sad thing. Maybe I should hype her at their insta ? Lmao

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Channel 3 tend to stick with the popular girls they have. It seemed the newbies are given a chance and if they can't find a koojin or the lakorn is lackluster they are going to be an afterthought or lack thereof. The manager play a bigger role too. If they don't have an aggressive manager forget it.

The channel aren't racist but they are some major biased folks. They have their favorites and just rotate between them and to crack into that little circle is somewhat of a challenge. Even if there are better actresses out there, it doesn't matter much cause the channel is playing by their rule and no one else. Is it a shame to pushed someone talented aside? Sure. But the formula the channel has, they think it is working, therefore they are not eager to change it.

As far as looks goes, those that are mixed will have a better chance. Asian people might not want to admit it to themselves but I think we are prejudice against those that have darker skin and such because it doesn't fit the narrative of what "pretty" is.

sarN

sarNie Granny
If she is consider dark skin , I'm burnt crispy then b/c she sure look lighter and prettier than me