The Devil and the Fallen Angel

byebye

sarNie OldFart
OMG!!! Sorry I accidently updated the same chapter twice.  It has been so long since I updated the story got me confused LOL.  Anyway, I couldn't log into my old account Merit so had to create a new one. Then totally forgot about this story.  We'll update chapter 22 later. Can't believe I rewrote chapter 21...Sigh..

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Chapter Twenty-Two

The night of the charity is all glitz and glam. Though, on this particular night Matt didn't care if people drown themselves with diamonds or makeup that mismatched their face, it was for a good cause and no way was she going to complain and point out anyone's flaws.  She watched as her parents' greeted the guests warmly and set their differences aside. It brought back memories of those earlier days where things seemed normal again.  She stood watching her parents for ever how long until she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Daydreaming?"

Matt turned to see Cade looking handsome with a big smile. "Don't you look expensive tonight?" She touched his suit and ran her fingers down his sleeve.

"Impressive isn't it? There are too many girls to not look my best."

Matt smiled and lowered her head. "Cheer up, tonight will turn out better than you expect.  I see someone I need to say hi to, talk to you later." He squeezed her hand and left her standing there wondering how good a night it will be?

In the back of her mind one person's face kept on flashing and she can't get rid of him. She wanted Andrew here tonight of all nights and when people asked her where he is, faking a smile and pretending everything is fine is harder than she thought. She looked down and her wedding ring shined brightly.  Why does she want something so badly knowing she can't have?

She turned her head to the right side and spotted Mac and Lana. She smiled at the friendship she had developed with him. When her eyes met Lana there was an acknowledgement but it went no further.  Her face reminded Matt of those days when Andrew was gone spending time with her.  She searched Lana's eyes and Matt couldn't offer her any other way of greetings.

Mac walked over with Lana closing by, he extended a small hug, Matt returned it with a tighter one. "Glad you came. I really appreciate it."

"I am happy to be here." His eyes roamed around.

Matt caught it and smiled knowing who it was he's looking for. "Zuri is somewhere chatting up a storm with someone.  When it comes to this kind of stuff you will never find her in one place."

"Really, for someone so small you would think she'll be in one place so people can easily find her." He smiled to himself.

Lana saw the look on Mac's face and had to turn away. She scanned the room fighting the sadness. The look was exactly the same way Mac used to have when he fell in love with her.  Why for the life of her could she not return his love? She looked at his eyes that knew too much, his heart that is too big and a love that is never lacking.  So why did she shut him out? Lana didn't have time to ponder long, when the music starts to play her heart answered the question for her.  The person stood next to the door was the reason why Mac never had a chance.

Matt felt her heart beat loud and fast. She didn't have to turn around to know who it was that just entered the room.  She breathed in and out, trying to catch herself but it was no use.  She bit her lower lip, closing her eyes she dared not to open them, afraid it was just her imagination playing a mean trick on her. She slowly turned, everything around her dimmed out but the one man that can change her life with one sweet or mean gesture.  Andrew stood perfectly still, like a dream while her heart running around all over the place inside of her.

He gave her a small smile that made him the sexiest man to her, the black suit with the green tie that coincidently matched her dress.  And the way he looked at her, really looked at her as if she is the only person in the room. God, she doesn't want to shed a tear in front of these people but if they knew Andrew and her situation they would understand, this moment speaks more than anything he could've said to her.

Would it be a scene if she runs into his arms? She took a step forward and so did he.  That made her smiled bigger and her eyes became glossy. She took another step and he followed her movement.  Matt's face lit up like a star on the darkest night.  A small smile graced Andrew's lips and he paused when they met halfway.

"You came." Her voice lowly came out, if not shaky,

"So, I did."

"For me?" She asked with hope twinkling in her eyes.

"For you." He replied shortly.

She could barely see him, her eyes were clouded by the tears, he has no idea what it meant to her by him showing up. "Thank you." She mouthed the word.

He smiled and came close to her, reaching out Andrew smooth one side of her cheek. "I wouldn't miss it for the world, you look beautiful."

She laughed, smiled and laughed again. "You don't look so bad yourself."

"Well, I wouldn't want my wife to outdo me now would I?"

This time the tears she held tightly escaped, but happy tears are always welcomed. Andrew touched her head and pulled Matt in for a hug. She could feel people's eyes on them but this is her moment with her husband whom would not have made a believer out of her that he had any of this in him, she smiled and closed her eyes.

Lana swayed and found Mac's arm while Mac kept his eyes on the pair without as much as a blink.  Lana quietly let her tears rolled down her face.  Andrew with Matt in his arms is so oblivious to the world around him, so lost in the embrace she felt her heart aching and longing for what he's able to give Matt. She gulped for air, turned around and ran for the nearest exit.  Mac turned but made no effort following after Lana.

Matt couldn't help it. "Your tie match my dress."

"Green is a lively color."

"It's not an act is it?"

He questioned her with his eyes.

"I mean you being here.  It's not just for show is it?"

"Come, stop over analyzing things and make it up in your head as you go.  And to answer your question, I am not here just for show.  I am here to support my wife."

"And who says you don't have a heart."

"You did."

***

As the evening progressed, Gem got up on stage and made an announcement.  Everyone quietly listened, they knew there was going to be a surprise and wondered if this is it.  First she called the names of all the ladies she wanted on stage.  One by one they walked up with uncertainty.  When it was Matt's turn she gave Andrew a confusing look.  He gave her a reassuring smile and knew right then and there he was going to spend a whole lot of cash on her.

"Gentlemen, remember this is for a good cause.  There are no limits to what you can spend just make sure you spend a lot."

A few chuckles came about. "These ladies will be auction off to the highest bidder." With that bit of information the ladies all made a sound at the same time.

"Mom..." Matt said too loudly. Everyone laughed and her mom continued on. "For the highest bidder, you get to have dinner with the lady. Now guys make sure you take her somewhere nice. No fast food."

"Dinner, that's all?" One man shouted.

"Dinner, that's all." The men sound disappointed but Gem carried on as if she didn't hear a thing. "Now we will begin with the our first girl."

One by one the girls walked off stage, Matt and Zuri were the last two.  Zuri was the least hopeful.  As she looked around one pudgy old man stood giving her a look that made her shivered.  Then she saw Mac, standing tall, too proud of a man.  He didn't offer her one single smile not that she was looking for one.  His eyes never left hers but it also didn't give her any encouragement.  As they stood looking at each other it would have made things easier if she had been nice to him in the past.  She hoped that he could look past that minor detail and bid for her.  As soon as the thought left her head Mac turned away and she realized her hoped just died.

Andrew took his spot next to Mac. He kept his eyes straight at Matt and did nothing more to acknowledge him.

"Did you see Lana?"

"I wasn't looking for her."

"She still love you."

"Doesn't matter."

"You are not making it easier for her by spending time with her."

"What I do is entirely my business."

Mac laughed bitterly. "That's right, you never truly love her in the first place."

"You know this because..."

"I know because I have loved Lana.  I would have done just about anything she asked of me."

"Believe what you want. At the end no amount of love from me would have change a thing. Between you and her love for her ex-husband, mine wouldn't be miss."

They both feel silent and looked at Matt the same time. "I don't care much about you spending time with my wife."

"Make sure Matt is taken care of then the past shouldn't play itself out again."

Andrew turned to Mac.  They both stared at each other for a stretch of time. "What good does it make if you can't have her heart?" Mac asked in the same tone Andrew once used on him regarding Lana.

Andrew looked straight at Matt, the question struck him.  The way she stood there smiling. whispering to Zuri as they both laughed. At that moment his heart was telling him a secret he hasn't been listening to.

"I like her." Mac said but added the word friend silently.  Let Andrew thinks what he wants with that statement. Maybe he'll learn to value Matt more.

Andrew almost rolled his neck to relax his muscle.  But doing so meant his temper is finding its way to him, which he can't allow it tonight.  "You'll never make it through me to get to her."

Their conversation stopped when Gem announced it was Matt's turn.  Cade not realizing the tension between them grabbed Andrew's shoulder. "Man I was worried when you were late. Look, your wife is waiting for you to do your magic. It'll be a shame if another man outbid you."

Andrew didn't bother to respond.  No way did he cancel an important meeting and potentially losing millions of dollars to have a miserable night.  Matt will go home with him even if he have to walk out of here broke.

"And what will be the starting amount for my lovely daughter? Andrew I am looking at you." Gem loudly spoke into the microphone and everyone smiled.

Before Andrew had a chance to name his price Mac yelled out first. "One hundred thousand!"

Wow, Andrew heard the word echoed around him.  Mac raised his head slightly challenging Andrew to outbid him and he expect no less.

"Can I join the fun?" Cade input his comment only to get a glare from Andrew.

Without taking his eyes off of Mac, Andrew came back with two hundred thousand.

Mac let out a secret smile.  The more he bid the more Andrew would double the amount.  It is after all for something good, so the game shall go on.

"Three hundred thousand."

"Five hundred thousand."

The crowd started cheering, Matt on the other hand felt her cheek burning up. "You will not win." Andrew said it just enough for Mac's ears alone.

Mac stared straight and then winked at Matt. "I know, six hundred."

"Seven hundred." Andrew shouted quickly.

And the crowd waited silently.  Everyone turned to Mac. He carefully looked at Matt for a brief second then turned to Zuri. Mac heard...going once...going twice...gone. He turned to Andrew. "Congratulation, I don't think I even have a chance."

Matt didn't wait she jumped off the stage and right into Andrew's arms. "Thank you. Was I worth that much?" She asked playfully, looking at Mac she winked.

Andrew didn't answer, instead he sighed. Matt just laughed it off grabbing his arm she pulled him back to their table.

Now it was Zuri's turn and Mac had not move from his spot. "Now for the last lady she is..."

An older man with slightly bald head, round in the middle and tan looking skin yelled out. "Five thousand."

Zuri couldn't help but rolled her eyes.  "For a good cause Zuri, for a good cause." She kept telling herself that to make it all better but once she stared at the old man...it didn't even.

Mac grew silent all the while Zuri was sweating bullets.  He didn't bother to conceal the annoyance that she was up there. And then he did something she was praying he wouldn't. He turned around and about to walk away.  Zuri bent down and was about to take her shoe off and throw it right at his back when suddenly he turned back to her.  She gave him an innocent smile and pretended to scratch her leg.  She was desperate she'll do anything for him to bid for her rather than the old man.  Putting her hands together in a prayer like fashion, she mouthed the word please and blinked her eyes rapidly.

Mac almost laugh, she looked so childlike, helpless in her misery.  Her hair puffed out even with the restrain of a bun. Her dress, in a bright purple willed his eyes to her body and stayed there.  There's nothing more attractive than a pretty girl that has no idea she's pretty.

"One hundred thousand."

The old man knew he had lost, giving Mac a dirty look he walked off.  Zuri didn't breathe until the word gone came out.  She rushed her breaths and danced around until two strong hands grabbed her waist and pulled her off stage.

"Why don't we begin our dinner here tonight, look there's plenty of food." Zuri pointed out to the food all around her.

Mac shook his head. "Not so fast. I save your behind the least you could do is reward me." He reached and pulled out a card. "Call me later and I'll give you the direction to my place." He turned and walked away only to come back to her. "Oh, by the way, there's not a chance in hell I would let the old man win.  You're mine from the beginning." He touched her head pulling a few strands of hair he tucked them behind her ear.

Before Zuri could even bring her lips together he was gone.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Chapter Twenty-Three

Matt walked downstairs cautiously looking around for Andrew.  Her head turning whichever way but couldn't see him in sight.  Making her way to the kitchen she heard his phone goes off.  She moved her head around one more time in case she missed him but again she couldn't see him.

Eyeing his phone she fought her inner self whether she wanted to see who texted him.  The curiosity side of her won. She picked up his phone, carefully clicking a button to the side and the phone lit up. The text was as clear as day, it was from Lana.  She wanted Andrew to meet her sometime today to talk. Matt made a face and quickly put the phone back down when she heard the door to the backyard opened.

She walked away from the phone but not knowing exactly what she came down for. She watched the way Andrew walked directly to his phone without saying a word to her as if he was waiting for something important. He looked at his phone, so sure he was reading the message from Lana, shoving it in his pocket he went silent.

"Something urgent?" She asked tearing a napkin and started to play around with it.

Andrew paused and observed her, his jaw grew tight. "I have somewhere to be in a bit."

Matt's heart dropped and the way he answered her in that clipped tone didn't help.

"Must be important." She wasn't sure if she cared for his answer. But it beats having an awkward silent.

Another sound from his phone caused his answer to stuck in midair. He reached for it, read the content of the message and roughly jammed it back in his pocket. He turned around and for the first time since he has been seeing Lana, he kept it from her.

She didn't know where to go from here, confronting him wasn't go to solve a thing if he had all the intention in the world to go but keeping quiet was even worst. She walked over firmly believing she had the right to know when the doorbell ring. They both looked at each other but Andrew didn't move, she gladly volunteer at least it distract her from starting a fight. When the door opened a man standing with so many flowers in hand that it basically covered his face.

"For Matt." He said trying hard not to sneeze.

Matt took it and was immediately confused as to who might be sending her such beautiful roses, searching for the card she read it and automatically smiled.

Andrew caught it, he hated and loved that smile at the same time. He hated it because it is never intended for him and loved it because she is beautiful when she does.  He walked over to her, without asking he took the card that was still in her hand, reading it he crumbled the small paper and turned to the nearest trash and shot right into it.

Matt's mouth went completely dry. What the hell was that?

"What a joke." Andrew couldn't hide the venom in his voice.

If the flowers weren't such breathtaking she would have smack him right in the face with it.  But it turned out his face isn't even worth to bruise the flowers over for. But to her dismay, Andrew grabbed the flowers from her roughly and penalized it as well.

"Is this all it takes to win you over?" He gave the flowers a shove forward.  One had already lost its fight to his strength as it limped itself from the group. She eyed that one rose with the intensity of a person burned.

Whatever he had done to make her feel special last night had vanished with the occasion. She had no idea what had happened to make him revert back to the old Andrew.  She tried to play the whole night back in her head but she came out empty.  She remembered the drive home, he did not look at her, speak to her.  When the got home he slammed the door almost in her face and headed for his room.

"Give me my flowers back." She reached for it but Andrew pulled it back to him.

"Had I known all it takes are a bunch of flowers to bring you to your knees, I wouldn't waste so much money on you."

She paused and stood still.

"But it happens I don't appreciate my wife getting flowers from another man." And to Matt's horror he turned not to gently lay down the flowers on the counter or anything, he actually turned to throw them in the trash.

And then she blanked out.

She must have been in another time zone or perhaps in another universe, she calmly walked up to him and slapped him so hard that his head turned with force. "You monster, what did the flowers ever do to you?"  She wanted to scream but instead her voice was so low and soft it even scared her.

Andrew was surprise at first, rolling his neck he knew he it was a bad sign he was losing it. He can't believe she slapped him over flowers? Flowers for god's sake!

She had enough of him, turning around she made about two steps before she was roughly yanked back to him.  She saw the imprints on his cheek where her hand had just been there. Good she thought, she wished she could have slapped him even harder.

His eyes like a thundercloud, it was beyond describable. "I have let you get away with so many things but make clear if you so ever lay a hand on me again, I will see to it that you will regret that decision. Do you understand?!"

Matt couldn't even hear what it was he's trying to say to her.  She had shut him out.  Part of last night he made it so special for her, she found herself falling for him, but only Andrew can give her something small to hang onto then take it away and have it shot right through hell.  How can he possibly make a memory of last night seemed like a hundred years ago? How?

"Let go of my arm, it is not beneath me to scratch your eyes out." The words left her mouth through gritted teeth because it would have taken too much effort otherwise.

His hand putting more pressure on her arm the longer they stood there. "I will let go the moment you digest my words."

But you deserve it, her eyes were answering for her,  She gritted her teeth, no way would she cry, not even if he broke her arm.

He saw the way her eyes narrowed and so much hatred came out of them, he shoved her away. "Stay away from me for the rest of the day." His voice was controlled by heavy breathings.

"It would not be hard because you won't be home for me to be in your way."

And then she was gone, leaving Andrew closing his eyes and taking small deep breaths.  He leaned forward with his arms on the counter for support  He tried to forget what he saw, he had tossed and turned trying to come up with an excuse but nothing work. And it had upset him even more when Matt acted like nothing happened.

***

Zuri walked up to Mac's door, looking at her watch she was a few minutes early. She didn't think it was a good idea to have dinner with him but he was right.  He probably save her from a very unpleasant dinner had the old man won.

She knocked the door once and waited, knocking for the second time still nothing came from the other end. She reached out and was about to knock for the third time when the door opened.  Mac looked surprised as if to ask her what she is doing at his door when it dawned on him, turning slightly he mumbled something under his breath.

Zuri leaned to her right trying to see who it was on the sofa.  Mac attempted to close the door but he was not fast enough when she kicked it opened.  She squinted her eyes, making it appeared like the sun was complicating her vision when in fact she was trying to get a better view of the girl. Mac's pants were rolled up to his ankles, his shirt uneven.  She eyed the girl one more time even if she couldn't make out her face but it was enough to get the whole picture.  Zuri watched as the girl's oversized shirt hung loosely over her body, which she was certain it belong to Mac. Before she could continue of her inspection Mac shut the door and Zuri saw no more.

"You forgot didn't you? Son of a bitch."

"Zuri, let me explain.  At least listen. I had things ready then she showed up and one thing led to another I let time slipped away.  It was an honest mistake."

Mac knew the explanation was not enough.  If he guessed accurately it was a bunch of excuses that she had no interest to even dribble her mind around it.

She reached for the wine she had in her purse. "Here take this as a thank you and enjoy it with your girl."

She thrust it to him, thinking he got a hold of it. She let's go of the bottle and it hit the ground breaking the bottle as it shattered into pieces.  Zuri didn't care if it had cut his bare feet.  She looked at the broken glasses with the wine smearing the ground.  Backing away she ran to her car as fast as she could.

Mac jumped long avoiding the glasses, the hot cement nagging his feet he ignored it. "I can't believe this." He said taking faster strides.

Zuri opened the door, throwing her purse down she got one leg in when Mac grabbed her arm and yanked her back out.  Closing the door he stood against it giving her no room to go anywhere.

"Get away from me!" She raised her voice, she looked elsewhere everywhere just as long as it's not his face.

"At least look at me when you are yelling at me." Mac stood up straight to his full height.

Zuri knew if she did she had to crane her neck to see him clearly.  He was that tall and for the first time she hated being short.  One can never get intimidated when the top of the person's head barely reach your shoulder.

"I told you it's unintentional." He sounded frustrated.

"Unintentional?" He voice sounded strain and had an edge that made Mac cringed.

"She's a friend, Zuri."

"What kind of friend, with benefits?" Zuri threw her arms up in the air, with a disgusted face she added. "Never mind what the hell it is between the two of you. Just move aside and let me leave." When he didn't she finally backed away.

"You can't go anywhere." He stood there staring at her, fixated on her face.

"We are done. Do what you want with whomever you want. It's not my problem."

"We are done? We are not even dating. You don't have the right to break up with me."

And if he thinks that statement was cute, she flashed him a, you are an asshole look.  And sure enough that wiped away any trace of a smile that would have accompany that answer from him.

"You can't leave.  It's unfair of you to walk in on something and take it as face value.  You need to at least give me a chance to explain."  His reasonable tone made Zuri stood on her tiptoe.

Mac measured her temper, it's taller than he is.  Her hair tied in a tight ponytail, for the first time in its intended place.  She must have taken a lot of time for it to cooperate. Her eyes were as big as he had seen them and thanks in part due to her anger.

"I will leave."

"No, you are not."

If possible that made her even angrier, how dare him after what he did to have the nerve to stand there telling her what she can and can't do. "We'll see about that."

Before Mac even heard the words left her mouth, she took a good kick to his shin.  He grounded his teeth from letting out a scream.  Zuri thought that was enough for him to unbalance himself, she grabbed his arm and tried to pull him away.

Big mistake.

Mac reached out and grabbed her waist, turning her around he lifted her off the ground. "You are going to calm down and listen to what I have to say.  I mean it Zuri."

"I don't give a fat ass about meaningless sound coming from your mouth.  You could have called and cancel."

"Stop moving, you are not going anywhere." He pinned her harder to the car with his body. "I am sorry things didn't turn out the way it's supposed....Stop moving."

His statement obviously didn't reach her ears because she struggled even harder.  She pulled her arm out ready to swing at him when Mac grabbed her wrists and held it tightly in just one hand.

"Stop moving. You only wear yourself down."

She couldn't stop even if he kept repeating it over and over.  She was panting hard and fought until she came to a point where she couldn't anymore. She slowed her breathings and rested her head on his shoulder.

"You know if it's in private the picture you two paint wouldn't look so bad but in public it's disturbing."

Zuri and Mac paused unaware of Lana walking out.  They each looked at her then look at their body all wrapped up with one another.  Zuri in the midst of her fight to win Mac hadn't realized her legs were wrapped around his waist.  While Mac had his body devoured hers, his hand still securing her wrists it was purely an intimate scene.

"Get off of me."

Mac warned Zuri with his eyes to pull her claws back.  He slowly put her down, instead of stepping away and giving her room to adjust herself he pretty much kept close distance.  "Lana, when you leave just lock the door behind you."

Mac didn't give Zuri a chance when he grabbed her arm, opened the door and pretty much threw her inside the car.  He drove off without another look at Lana or uttered a word to Zuri.

Lana watched until the car completely left her view.  She had known Mac for a very long time but she had never seen him act out of character.  But with Zuri he is a different person, too passionate and too unguarded.  If she hadn't seen it with her own eyes she wouldn't take it as truth.

Walking back Lana paused and looked at the broken glasses.  They look so peaceful even if it's broken into countless pieces. Now why can't a heart rest itself and be peaceful when it too is being shattered?

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I actually wrote the whole story but my computer keeps on crashing on me...I saved it on a disc and then couldn't find the darn disc. The computer I have now, for some reason it would not let me copy and paste...so if I type it on word, I will have to redo all that again to this thread. That takes a lot of time.

I am determined to write or complete at least one fanfic...I want Matt/Andrew coupling and so far it will only happen in FF.

sarN

sarNie Granny
@ byebey!! Housewife!! OMG, I didn't know u write fiction lolll. I been reading this for 2 days now , on ch13 , I love it & just realize you wrote this ^^^^^ now I know what in your mind ^^

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Haha Sarn, this housewife on occasions has a dirty mind. I love writing...not so good at it but love it.

I only wrote one story that is rated R but when I wrote the sex scenes I was blushing lol.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Why? You have more action than me 100000O0000x HAHA ^^^^ if anything I should be blushing but strange as it sound , I never do !

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Lol...my sexual experience is very limited. You probably have more experience than I do. I have no comparison with anyone whatsoever lol. That is why I still feel uncomfortable watching or reading sexual contents. I live in such a bubble when it comes to that hahahah

sarN

sarNie Granny
Trust me , you have more than me ^^^^ I'm single & for experience wise -- I plead the 5th. ^^^ I'm a good girl.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Hahahah...I actually missed writing. But the computer I have now is about to die on me. I bought a new computer a year ago but hubby wanted me to wait till he had a chance to upload the virus protection stuff. He's taking his time so far. But probably next month it'll get done.

I think only in FF world where Matt is going to get pair up with Andrew. Too bad though cause they would look so good together. And imagine the cute little babies they make in lakorn world. A bunch of mixed little ones running around. One can only dream lol

sarN

sarNie Granny
What! It took him a year ? Good lord. Can't wait for u to write , a married woman should know more *wink*

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
byebye said:
Hahahah...I actually missed writing. But the computer I have now is about to die on me. I bought a new computer a year ago but hubby wanted me to wait till he had a chance to upload the virus protection stuff. He's taking his time so far. But probably next month it'll get done.

I think only in FF world where Matt is going to get pair up with Andrew. Too bad though cause they would look so good together. And imagine the cute little babies they make in lakorn world. A bunch of mixed little ones running around. One can only dream lol
Are you need is a keyboard and iPad/touch pad to write your FF. Your hubby's taking too long, we need your FF asap. Lol

byebye

sarNie OldFart
lol...I totally forgot about this story. Too bad I just don't have the desire to write for Matt at this point :confused: When I went back to read the story it's all messed up I think due to the new update of the site, it messed the words up lol

Last edited: