The Daughter-in-Laws: Completed

TubbyTinker

You're Average Person :)
Chapter 5.3

Everyone was busy the next day at the Wongpuapan’s house. Ken was off with Luktarn. Beam was getting ready to go take Paula out and Cee was at work already. Nobody had time to take Mam shopping.

“What’s wrong?”, Ron asked, coming downstairs.

“I want to go shopping but nobody want to take me. Our sons are all busy.”

“Why do you want to go shopping?”

“What kind of question is that? Ken’s wedding is coming up and I have no outfit to wear. Are you busy?”

“Yes. I have a meeting today.”

“Like father like son. Have no time for their woman.”

“Hey don’t blame this on me. When I wanted to take you out, you were busy but when I’m busy, you want to go out.”

“When will you be done with the meeting?”

“Later in the afternoon. If you still want to go, I’ll pick you up.”

“Okay. Just call me when your done.”

--------------------

Weir came to pick up Pinky at the house so they can go wedding shopping. Pancake came to the house but missed them.

“Do you know when will they come back?”, Pancake asked Paula.

“I’m not sure. You needed something?”

“Yeah. My parents want to meet Weir and we haven’t practiced being boyfriend and girlfriend yet.”

“Gosh I feel sorry for you Pan. You’re life is crazy.”

“You’re not the only one that feel sorry. I feel sorry for myself too.”

“Everything will turn out good at the end Pan, trust me.”

“Hope so.”

There was a ring at the door. Paula opened the door and was surprised it was Tye.

“Tye! What are you doing here? And how do you know where I live?”

“Uh, I kind of followed you home that day.”

“Do you need anything?”

“Oh I wanted to ask if you could go out with me today.”

“I can’t. I’m baby-sitting Emily.”

“It’s okay Paula.” Pancake interrupted. “I can watch Emily. You can go out with uh….”

“Tye.”

“Right, Tye. I’m Pancake by the way.”

“It’s nice to meet you.” Tye looked at Paula, “So Paula, want to go?”

“Where are you taking me?”

“Hmmm…maybe out to lunch and maybe hit the movies?”

“I don’t know….”

“Come on Paula, I have something to tell you too and I’m pretty sure you’ll be happy about it.”

“Oh alright. Come wait inside. I have to go change first.”

Tye came inside and waited in the living room with Pancake, while Paula ran upstairs to change.

“So how long have you and Paula know each other?”, Pancake asked.

“For awhile now.”

“So do you know Beam too then?”

“Oh yeah I know him.”

Paula walked downstairs, “Okay, let’s go.”

“Have fun!”, Pancake waived good-bye as Tye and Paula walked outside.

Pancake thought that getting Emily’s hair was easy for her now since nobody’s home. She locked the door and ran upstairs.

--------------------------------

Beam came just in time before Tye and Paula left.

“Beam, what are you doing here? You don’t have work?”

“I do but later on. I came to see you and wanted to know if you want to grab lunch or something. But it seems like you have other plans.”

“Oh, Tye was going to take me out to lunch. Want to come?”

“No. I don’t want to come in between you guys. You two have a good lunch.”

Beam turned around and walked back to his car.

Paula looked at Tye, “Could you wait here please?”

Tye nodded. Paula then ran up to Beam.

“Beam wait. I know what you’re doing?”

Beam turned around, “What am I thinking then?”

“Are you mad at me that I’m going out to have lunch with Tye?”

“No.”

“Liar. I thought we talked about this already. You don’t trust me or what?”

“I trust you. But to tell the truth, I don’t trust him.”

“There’s nothing to worry about. Tye won’t do anything to me.”

“If anything comes up that you think is unusual, you call me alright?”

“Yeah, I know.”

“Alright. Be careful.”

Paula rolled her eyes, “Gosh Beam, you act like Tye’s some kind of mafia or something. He’s just an ex-boyfriend.”

“Yeah, that’s what scary.”

“Whatever Beam. You know how I feel about you. But hey Tye’s waiting for me. I’ll see you later okay?”

Beam nodded, “Love you.”

“Love you too.”​

TubbyTinker

Chapter 5.4

Weir and Pinky went shopping at the mall where they bumped into Cee who was working near that venue. Cee was surprise to see Weir out shopping with Pinky rather than his girlfriend, Pancake.

“Where’s Pancake?”, Cee asked bluntly.

“At home.”, Weir replied.

“Oh, I thought she would be here with you shopping. No?”

“Pan’s busy today so I decided to come alone.”

Cee looked at Pinky, “With another girl.”

“Pinky’s not just another girl. She’s my friend. What’s wrong with coming with a friend?”

“Nothing, if you’re doing nothing wrong that is. Does Pan know you guys are here together?”

“Yes”, Weir and Pinky both replied.

“Okay, that’s all I wanted to know.”

Cee then excused himself from Weir and Pinky to get back to work. Weir and Pinky continued shopping together, but this time, they made sure not to look like a couple since they knew Cee was watching them.

--------------------

Tye and Paula were having lunch peacefully when Tye decided to bring up the ex conversation.

“Paula, remember that day when I asked you to give me another chance?”

“Yeah….”

“Well, forget that I ever asked that question.”

“What do you mean?”

“After I saw what happened between you and Beam, I felt really bad about it. I felt like I was some kind of a third hand.”

“Oh really?”, Paula asked sarcastically. “So what are you trying to say?”

“Let’s try to be friends again. Only friends.”

“You want to be friends with me? And nothing more?”

Tye nodded, “I do.”

“What about the whole trying to get back with me?”

“I think it’s just best if we stay friends. Besides, you said so yourself that you love Beam.”

“I like this idea.”

Tye reached out his hands, “So friends?”

Paula shook his hands, “Friends. Beam should be happy about this. He was kind of getting worried earlier.”

“Well, you can tell him that there’s nothing to worry about now. He doesn’t have any competition.”

Tye excused himself to use the restroom and called up Petch.

“What we planned, so far it’s working. Paula agreed.”

“Good. Now you just have to find a way to make Beam and Paula break up as soon as possible.”

“I know. Don’t worry about it. You have to do your part too.”

“I know!”

Tye hung up the phone and walked outside to the table.

“Ready to go Paula?”

“Yeah. What movie are we actually going to see?”

“What movie do you want to watch?”

“I’m not sure. Oh well, when we get to the theatre, I’ll tell you.”

“Okay. Let’s go.”

-------------------------

“Got it!”, Pancake said after putting pieces of Emily’s hair in a bag. “Sorry Emily. Hope I didn’t hurt you.”

Before Pancake could even get a thread of Emily’s hair, she had to put Emily to sleep so her getting the hair was easy. She called Ken, who was with Luktarn and she was the one that answered Ken’s phone.

“Hello who’s this?”, Pancake asked.

“”Who’s this? You’re the one that called!”

“Oh, how could I not know. It’s Luktarn.”

“Pancake!”

“Yeah it’s me. Let me talk to Ken.”

“Why?”

“That’s none of your business.”

“Ken’s my fiancée so his business is my business too.”

“I just need to talk to him about something.”

“About what?”

“Gosh you are so nosey. Fine, it’s about Cee. Now can I talk to him?”

“He’s in the bathroom right now.”

“Well when he comes out, can you tell him that I called.”

“Fine. I’ll tell him.”

After Luktarn hung up the phone, she noticed that Ken had gone to the bathroom for a long time so she decided to go check if he was okay or not. After Ken used the bathroom, he took the opportunity to go into Tah’s room to find anything of his belonging that has his DNA. Luktarn walked upstairs and noticed her brother’s room was open so she walked in and saw Ken.

“Ken, what are you doing in here?”

“Uh…….nothing.”

“What do you mean nothing? I saw you looking through my brother’s stuff.”

“I…….uh……I….was actually looking for my watch that I let Tah borrowed.”

“A watch? When did you ever let Tah borrowed your watch?”

“Oh like a long time ago. Is the food ready? I’m starving right now.”

“It’s been ready.”

“Oh really? Well let’s go down and eat then.”

Ken hurried downstairs quickly. Luktarn checked her brother’s room one last time to make sure nothing was misplaced before heading downstairs.

----------------------

Pancake waited for Ken to call back but he never did. She tried calling him again but his phone was turned off. So she waited and waited until Weir and Pinky came home.

“Gosh Weir, where were you today?”

“I went shopping with Ky. Why?”

“My parents want to meet you tonight and we so need to practice being boyfriend and girlfriend.”

“What do you mean practice?”, Weir and Pinky asked at the same time.

“I mean my parents are going to ask Weir some questions and if he answers wrong, they’re gonna become suspicious.”

“Okay, so tell me what kind of questions are they’re going to ask.”

“Well, my dad is going to ask those basic questions but my mom is the one I’m worried about.”

“So tell me what is she going to ask.”

Pancake shrugged, “Well, I don’t know. I can never guess what my mom will say. She’s probably going to go deep.”

“Man, I’m getting nervous now. Even I wasn’t that nervous when I met Pinky’s parents.”

Pinky grabbed Weir’s hands, “You’ll be fine. Just remember to breathe.”

“Thanks Ky.”

“Just remember, no kissing between you two.”

Pancake chuckled, “Of course Ky. I don’t think Weir wants to kiss me too.”​

TubbyTinker

Chapter 5.5

Pancake and Weir arrived at the house, ready to answer Pancake’s mom’s questions. They went inside and saw Mr. Jamikorn in the living room, waiting to greet them. The mom was no where insight.

“Weir, this is my dad Nadech. Dad, this is Weir.”

“It’s nice to meet you Weir.”

“It’s nice to meet you too sir.”

Pancake looked around, “Dad, where’s mom?”

“She’s in the kitchen finishing up. She’s cooked us dinner.”

“Great.”, Pancake said sarcastically. “Let’s hope she doesn’t put any poison in the food for Weir.”

“Relax Pan”, her mother said walking in. “I didn’t poison the food with anything.”

“Sawatdee krub”, Weir greeted. “You must be Pancake’s mom.”

“Oh because I look old, that makes me Pancake’s mom?”

“No ma’am, I didn’t mean it like that. I thought-”

“Oh forget it. Come on let’s go eat. I have questions to ask you.” Mrs. Jamikorn lead the way to the kitchen.

“You’ll be fine”, Nadech whispered to Weir, while following Nuan.

---------------------

Ken, Beam, and Cee were sitting outside by the pool, thinking to themselves, with their backs turns toward each other. Ken was thinking about Chompoo and Emily. Beam was thinking about Paula and Tye. Cee was thinking about Weir and Pancake.

“I have a question”, Cee said. “If you know a girl and you suspect her boyfriend is cheating on her, would you tell her?”

“I don’t know”, said Beam.

“If you care about her, then yeah, I think you should tell her”, said Ken.

“But what if you don’t care about her but you just don’t want to see her get hurt?”

Beam shook his head, “That doesn’t make sense. You said you don’t care about her but you don’t want to see her get hurt. That’s caring right there.”

“Before you go telling Pancake, you should make sure if that Weir guy is really cheating or not.”

Cee looked at Ken, “I never said it was Pancake and Weir.”

Ken shrugged, “Oh, well I just assumed it was them.”

Beam sigh, “I rather have a girl cheat on me than go back to her ex. What would you guys feel if you guys have a girlfriend and she starts hanging out with her ex. She tells you there’s nothing going on and you trust and believe her but you don’t trust the guy.”

Cee shrugged, “I don’t know. I’ve never had a girlfriend so I wouldn’t know.”

Ken looked at Beam, “If she tells you there’s nothing going on then there’s nothing going on. The key to relationship is trust. If you guys don’t have that trust, then the relationship is not going to last. Nothing else shouldn’t matter.”

“Dang, you must’ve date so many girls to know all these things.”

“Just older and more experienced.”

Cee smirked, “Oh look who’s talking. The guy that said he’s more experienced but doesn’t know if a 4 year old is his daughter or not.”

“Hey, how’d you know?”

“Mom.”

“Hey Ken, what would happen if Emily is your daughter, would you call off the wedding?”

Ken thought for a moment, “I’m not sure.”

“Do you even want to get married?”, Cee asked.

“I don’t know.”

“What the hell? You don’t even know. What happened to “Oh I’m more experienced, I know everything?”

“It’s a lot easier to give advice to someone. But when it comes to your own problems, it’s a lot different.”

They all sighed at the same time, “Women.”

--------------------------

Weir and Pancake ate their food quietly, waiting on who will start asking questions first.

“So Weir”, Mr. Jamikorn began, “How long have you and Pan been dating?”

“About five years sir.”

“When did you guys meet?”, Mrs. Jamikorn jumped in.

“We met when Pan went to school in Australia.”

“So what do you do for a living?”

“I’m a CEO of an advertising company.”

“How much do you make a year?”

“Mom!”

“What?! I need to know if he’s capable of taking care of you if and when you guys get married.”

“Weir is the CEO. How much do you think he makes?”

“If you live in Australia and you’re here visiting Pan, where are you staying at?”, Mr. Jamikorn asked.

“Oh I’m staying with my aunt until the wedding.”

Pancake stepped on Weir’s foot. Weir looked at pancake an gave an apologetic look.

Mrs. Jamikorn smirked, “Wedding? You think there’s going to be a wedding between you guys?”

Pancake looked at Weir, “Why not? We love each other. Sooner or later, we’ll eventually get married because that’s what lovers do, right Weir?”

Weir nodded shyly.

“Before you two say your I dos. You’ll have to pass my test first.”

“What test?”, Mr. Jamikorn asked.

Mrs. Jamikorn smiled, “It’s called the Pancake Test. Weir, you said that you and my daughter have been dating for 5 years so tell me everything you know about her.”

“Mom, don’t you think it’s a bit too much.”

“Oh not at all. 5 years is a long one. If he doesn’t know anything about you then he’s not a good boyfriend.”

“If Weir tells you everything about me correctly, you’ll call off the engagement?”

“We’ll see. Okay Weir tell me everything…. hold on, I think it’s better if ask you the questions instead. I‘ll ask you 3 simple questions that you should know about her and if you get it right, I might consider you being part of this family”

Pancake stood up, “If you’ll excuse me, I need to use the bathroom.”

Pancake pretended to go to the bathroom but instead, she went behind the kitchen to help Weir out when he struggles with the questions.

“Sure. Ask me anything.”

“When’s her birthday?”

“May 27.”

“What’s her favorite color?”

“Pink.”

“What does Pancake hate the most?”

Weir didn’t know the answer so he slowly looked to his right and saw that Pancake was mouthing snakes and cockroaches.

“Uh….snakes and cockroaches.”

Mrs. Jamikorn nodded her head, “Okay. So you have been paying attention to my daughter. That wasn’t so hard right?”

“Not at all.”

Pancake was relieved that that was over so she came back to join the rest at the dinner table.

“Pan, Weir answered everything correctly.”

Pancake pretended to be surprised, “Oh really. So what did you ask him?”

“Some basic questions that a boyfriend should know about his girlfriend.”

Pancake smiled at Weir.

“But….there is one more question.”

Pancake made a face, “What question? I thought there was only three?”

“It’s a bonus. Something unusual happened to Pancake when she was younger. Only a few people know and I thought this is an important information that you should know. What did happened to her?”

“Mom. That’s not fair. I didn’t tell Weir about this.”

“Oh why didn’t you? This is important.”

“Well I forgot.”

Mrs. Jamikorn looked at Weir, “So you don’t know Weir?”

“No ma’am.”

“Well when Pancake was younger, she was a stubborn girl and she drank coffee because she thought it was good for her so when she drank it, she quickly went to sleep. The doctor said it was an unusual side effect since people when they drink coffee, it’ll make them hyper but for Pancake, it made her go to sleep and it’ll be awhile before she wakes up.”

“Wow, I never knew that.”

“Yeah so now you know, don’t take my daughter out for a coffee drink. You got that?”

Weir nodded, “Yes.”

“Good. Now Pancake and Nadech, if you’ll excuse me, I need to talk to Weir alone.”

“What are you going to do to him mom?”

“Nothing. I just want a little talk with him.”

“What about me? Shouldn’t I be part of this too?”, Mr. Jamikorn asked.

“You could talk to him if you want but in your own time. I need some privacy with Weir. So Weir, follow me please.”

Pancake looked at Weir all worried.

“It’s okay Pan.”, Weir assured her, “I’ll be fine.”

Weir got up and followed Mrs. Jamikorn outside………​

TubbyTinker

Chapter 6.1

Pancake was eating and worrying at the same time in the dining room. She was worried about what her mom would ask Weir and if Weir answered any questions wrong, her mom would notice.

“Dad, what do you think mom is asking Weir?”

“Maybe some general questions. She’s probably making sure Weir is the right guy for you.”

“Why do they have to go talk out there?”

“You’re mom probably doesn’t want you to hear their conversation.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well yesterday, she was telling me that she’s going to let Weir know the true side of you, whatever that means.”

Pancake stood up, “I’m going to go listen.”

“Sweetie. Just relax. If Weir really loves you, then whatever your mom is telling him right now won’t change his mind about you.”

“I’m not worried about that. I know Weir will still love me no matter what. But what I’m worried about is what mom is going to ask him and if Weir answers wrong and mom becomes suspicious then--”

“Why do you care so much if Weir answers wrong and your mom becomes suspicious. Suspicious about what?”

“Uh nothing…..”

“Pan, what are you hiding from me?”

“Okay here’s the truth. Weir isn’t really my boyfriend but I told him to pretend to be my boyfriend so mom won’t force me to get engage to Cee.”

“So Weir is actually some random guy you picked up from the street or what?”

“No dad, Weir is actually Pinky’s boyfriend. Remember, the girl I’ve been telling you about. They’re getting married sometimes next month.”

“Wait, so if he’s pretending to be your boyfriend then how are they going to get married if he’s supposedly with you?”

“Well I’m hoping that mom will call off the engagement soon before their wedding but if she doesn’t I have to tell mom the truth.”

“So Pinky’s okay with all this?”

“Yeah. But what I told you is top secret. You can’t tell anyone especially mom.”

“Can I tell Ron?”

“No. You can’t tell uncle Ron because sooner or later, aunt Mam is going to know.”

“Okay I promise I won’t tell anyone then.”

“Now Weir, just to let you know, I don’t hate you or anything like that. I’m just trying to protect my daughter.”

“I understand. So what did you needed to talk to me about?”

“Just wanted to ask you a few questions. What do you see in Pancake that you don’t see with other girls?”

Weir crossed his fingers, “Pan’s a really sweet girl. Very down to earth and she cares more about other people ‘s feeling than herself.”

“That’s not true. Pancake’s a very stubborn girl. If she cared about other people’s feelings more than herself then she would have listen to me and by now she’ll probably be engage with Cee.”

“To you maybe, but she’s different with me. She’s what I want.”

“What do you look for in a woman then?”

“I like a girl who’s confident in herself and is able to speak her mind. I like a girl who can be a great housewife.”

“Huh, funny that you mentioned housewife. You think Pan will be a good housewife?”

“Yes.”

“I find that funny because you’ve been with her for 5 years and you don’t know that she doesn’t know how to cook.”

“I can always teach her.”

“Seems like you and Pan have a long way to go and you two need to learn more about each other.”

“We’re not rushing into things Mrs. Jamikorn.”

“Good because I don’t want you guys to anyways. And since you don’t know the real side of Pancake, I’ll tell you because I know she’s too embarrassed to tell you.”

“Tell me what?”

“Now that you know that Pancake doesn’t know how to cook, she also doesn’t brush her teeth in the morning unless she has somewhere to go. She’s a very unorganized girl. If you go up to her room, you’ll see how messy it is. And she’s a stubborn and spoiled girl due to her dad. She’s going to throw a tantrum if she doesn’t get what she wants.”

Weir was shocked and confused because he didn’t get why Pancake’s mom would tell him this. Did she tell him because she wanted what’s best for him or did she tell him so that he would have a change of heart. Weir just listened and kept quiet.

“So now that you know everything that you needed to know about Pancake, maybe you should try reconsider and rethink if Pancake is really the girl you want to spend your life with.”

“I will. Thank you for letting me know.”

“Now let’s get back inside. Pancake’s probably freaking out right now.”

“What did you guys talk about?”, Pancake asked when her mom and Weir came back.

Mrs. Jamikorn smiled, “You of course.”

“Of course it’s about me but what did you actually talk about?”

“I just told Weir some things about you that I thought he should know.”

Pancake looked at Weir, “What did she say about me?”

Weir just smiled and shook his head.

“Pan, it’s getting late. You should take Weir home now.”, Mr. Jamikorn said.

“Wait you didn’t bring your own car?”, Mrs. Jamikorn asked.

Weir shook his head, “No. I didn’t know where Pan lived so I had her come pick me up.”

“What a loser.”, Mrs. Jamikorn mumbled.

Weir stood up, “Thank you for dinner Mrs. Jamikorn. It was delicious.”

“Please, call me Nuan next time. Mrs. Jamikorn sounds too formal.”

-----------------------

“You’re not going to ask me what your mom told me?”, Weir asked on their way back to his aunt’s house.

“You already know what I want to know so mind as well tell me.”

“Well your mom was telling me about your flaws, I guess that’s what you call it.”

“My flaws? What kind of flaws?”

“Well she was telling me how you’re a very stubborn girl and you always get what you want.”

“Well duh. My dad spoiled me like crazy growing up. So blame him not me.”

“And she said that you don’t know how to cook.”

“Am I suppose to know how? What else?”

“And she told me you don’t brush your teeth in the morning unless you’re going out.”

“FYI, that was when I was younger. I do brush my teeth now. You can check them if you don’t believe me.”

“Hey I’m just telling you what your mom said. I didn’t say anything.”

“Gosh, I knew she was going to say something bad about me.”

“Why would she do that though?”

“I know why. She’s telling you all those things so you will maybe change your mind into marrying me. I bet if you were Cee, she probably won’t even mention these things.”

“Or maybe she’s just testing me to see if I know about your so called flaws, will I still love you.”

“If you were really my boyfriend Weir, would you still love me after what my mom just told you?”

“Yeah I think I will because nobody’s perfect. I can always teach you how to cook and you being stubborn and spoiled, I think we can make adjustment on that. And you said you used to not brush your teeth in the morning but now you brush your teeth….so I think it’s all good.”

“Man, you are a really good boyfriend. Pinky’s really lucky. I don’t think a guy would like me if they found out those things about me.”

“That’s not true. If a guy doesn’t like you because of those things then that means he doesn’t love you. True love is about accepting the other person for who they are.”

“I wonder if there’s a guy out there like you for me to love and to love me back.”

“I’m pretty sure he‘s out there somewhere. And I have a feeling you’ll fall in love soon before you even know it.”…………..​

TubbyTinker

Chapter 6.2

It was bright and early the next morning, Cee was up early to take pictures around the yard. He saw the pretty roses blooming out and was about to take pictures of it but someone’s hands was in the way. He looked up and saw Pancake smiling at him.

“Oh it’s you”, Cee said with disappointment.

“Who you thought I was?”

“What are you doing here so early?”

“I came to see Ken before he goes off to work. Is he here?”

“Yeah, he’s inside eating. Why do you need to see him?”

“Oh because it’s none of your business.”

“Dang I asked you nicely.”

“Well, it is none of your business. You want to know, go ask Ken himself.”

Pancake walked inside but Cee grabbed her hands.

“Wait”, he said “I have something to ask you.”

Pancake looked down to her hands, “Um….my hand”

Cee quickly let go, “Yesterday. Did Weir tell you where he was going?”

“Huh, what are you talking about?”

“When Weir go to places, does he tell you where he’s going and who’s he with?”

“No. That’s just annoying and he’ll probably be annoyed too if I keep asking where’s he at. Why do you ask?”

“So you weren’t with him earlier yesterday?”

“Just because we’re boyfriend and girlfriend, doesn’t mean we have to be with each other 24/7. And to answer your question no. We met during the evening before we went to have dinner with my parents.”

“So he lied”, Cee thought to himself. “He said Pancake knew that he went shopping with Pinky but she didn’t even know.”

Before Pancake walked into the house, Mam, Ken, and Beam already walked outside.

“Hey Pan”, Mam greeted. “You’re here so early.”

“Yeah, I needed to talk to Ken about something.”

“Oh….”

Mam looked at her son and Ken could tell that his mom wanted some answers.

“Come on Pan”, Ken said. “Let’s go talk inside.”

Pancake nodded and followed Ken inside the house.

“What do you think it’s about?”, Mam asked Beam and Cee.

“I don’t know.”, Beam said.

“We should go eavesdrop on them!”, demanded Cee.

Mam slapped Cee on the head, “That’s rude boy. Who the hell taught you to go eavesdrop on people like that?”

“You! Remember when we were little, you’re always telling me to go spy on dad when he’s talking on the phone if he’s talking to another woman or not.”

“Oh yeah huh….but I don’t want you doing it anymore. Let’s go wait in the car. Ken will tell us later.”

Mam and Beam walked to the car where Ron was waiting for them. Cee stayed behind to continue taking pictures.

“You’re not coming?”, Mam asked Cee.

Cee shook his head, “Nah. You know I’m not into the business thing. Beisdes, I don’t think you guys need me for this meeting.”

Mam shook her head and walked to the car.

------------------------

“So, how did it go?”, Ken asked.

Pancake looked inside her bag and grabbed a little bag with Emily’s hair sample in it.

“I got it.”

“Wow that was fast.”

“My luck I guess. Did you get Tah’s?”

“Nah. It was hard getting his hair. And plus, Luktarn walked in on me while I was trying to find his hair.”

“So what are we going to do now?”

“I guess you can take my hair sample and Emily’s down to the clinic.”

“Alright….WJAT?! Did you say I can take it down? What about you?”

“I have a meeting today and I don’t want to wait any longer. I just want to know as soon as possible so that I don’t have to think about it day and night.”

“Wow, you really wanna know don’t ya?”

“You have no idea……so can you do it for me?”

“I guess so.”

“Thanks Pan…..I knew I can count on you.”

-------------------------------

Pancake drove down to the clinic, without knowing that Cee was following her behind. Cee was confuse to why would Pancake come to the clinic. The only reason he could think of was that she was pregnant. But with who, that was the question. Cee sat in the car while waiting for Pancake to come back out of the clinic, thinking who could be the father.

“It could be Weir since he’s her boyfriend”, he thought to himself.

Cee thought about earlier when Pancake was having some kind of secret with Ken. He automatically thought that Pancake could be pregnant with his own brother!

“Oh hell no!”

Cee got out of his car and went inside the clinic looking for Pancake so she would give a definite answer. He waited in the waiting room for awhile and finally Pancake walked out of the doctor’s room. Cee hid himself so Pancake wouldn’t see him and followed her out the clinic.

“What are you doing here?”, Cee finally asked when they were outside.

Pancake paused and turned around, “Cee, what are you doing here?”

“I asked you first.”

“Why should I tell you?”

“Are you sick or something?”

“No, I’m perfectly fine.”

“Then why are you here?”

“I just came to see the doctor about something okay?”

Pancake walked passed Cee, trying to avoid any further questions.

“You’re pregnant huh?”, Cee blurted out.

Pancake quickly turned around, “WHAT?!”

“Are you pregnant?”

“Who told you?!”

“So it’s true then?”

“How can I be pregnant when I don’t even have a boy--….I mean Weir and I haven’t you -know -what.”

“Then you better tell me why are you here. Does this have anything to do with what you talked to Ken about earlier?”

“I came to drop off some DNA sample for Ken since he couldn’t do it himself today.”

“What DNA sample?”

“Well you know how everyone is saying that Emily looks like Ken? Well, Ken got suspicious and he just wanted to know if Emily is his or not?”

“How come he didn’t just asked Chompoo about it. She is the mother.”

“He did but she said that Tah is Emily’s father but Ken somehow thinks Chompoo might be lying.”

“So when will we know the result?”

“The doctor said in about 2-3 days but about a week is the latest.”

“If the result comes out and it turns out that Ken is actually Emily’s biological father, I wonder if he’ll call off the wedding.”

“Oh screw the wedding! I’m curious about if Ken is the father then where the hell does Tah fit into this whole mess.”

Cee sighed, “So many questions and yet so many unanswered questions.”

“Tell me about it…….well my job here is done.”

Pancake walked to her but didn’t notice that Cee was right behind her.

“Um…your car is over there. This is my car.”

“I know but I was wondering if you’re doing anything today?”

“No why?”

“I was wondering if you could go with me to this one place.”

“Where?”

Cee smiled, “Follow me in your car and you’ll know.”………​

TubbyTinker

---------------------------------

Upcoming chapters sneak peak…………….

Cee and Pancake becomes civil for once and starts to fall for each other without knowing it.

Paula starts to trust Tye all over again. Beam confronts Paula about Tye and his real intention

DNA results are in, Ken is shock by the results. Tah proposes to Chompoo

Mam and Nuan catches Weir hanging out with Pinky more than Pancake and confronts him

Ken ends up missing on his wedding day

Cee and Pancake ends up lost in an island together, along with Ken and Chompoo

Tye proposes to Paula. Beam tells Mam about his relationship with Petch​

TubbyTinker

Chapter 6.3

Tah had left for Singapore about a week or so. He came back to the house and found his siter in his room.

“What are you doing in my room?”

“Just looking for some stuff.”

“What stuff?”

“Did Ken ever lend you a watch or something?”

“A watch? No. Why?”

“Hmm, that’s weird because yesterday he was in your room and he said that he came to get his watch that he lend you.”

“No. I never borrowed a watch from him.”

Luktarn became more suspicious, “Then what the hell was he doing in your room then?”

“Did he take anything with him?”

“No I don’t think so. I think he was looking for something else but I came in on time.”

Tah knew something was up but didn’t want to say anything to Luktarn. So he left the room and headed out to Chompoo’s house.

“Where are you going now?”, Luktarn asked, walking quickly behind him.

“Chom’s house.”

“But you just got here and now you’re off to your girlfriend’s house?”

“I haven’t seen her and my daughter for awhile.”

“Whatever….”

Luktarn walked back inside the house and Tah droved off………

------------------------------

Pancake followed Cee like he insisted her to do. She was kind of excited to where he was taking her but when he parked his car, she was more confused than excited.

“You took me to a park?”, she asked after getting off the car. “Why are we here?”

“It’s a nice day today and it’s a perfect day to take pictures.”

“Okay….but why am I here?”

Cee smiled, “You’re my model.”

“Who said? I never agreed to be your model.”

“Well I’m telling you right now.”

“Why don’t you try asking me instead of telling me.”

Cee rolled his eyes, “Oh come on, I got a new project and I need you to be my model so I can give it to my boss”

“Why me? You could have asked people here in the park to be your model.”

“But they don’t have the features I want like you.”

“What’s that suppose to mean?!”

“Nothing! Are you going to be the model or what?”

“Asked me nicely and maybe I will.”

Cee groaned, “Pan, would you please be my model?”

Pancake thought for a moment, “If I agree to be your model, what do I get in return?”

“Oh now you want something in return?”

“Yeah! Pancake never does anything for free and you should know that!”

“Fine, I’ll take you out to eat. My treat.”

Pan shook her head, “I don’t want that.”

“Then what do you want?”

“Forever 21 is having a sale today….”

“Oh hell no. Don’t tell me you want me to take you shopping and pay for your stuff?!”

Pancake nodded and smiled, “That’s right.”

“Na-uh! I’m not wasting my money on you again. You still owe me from last time.”

Pancake shrugged, “Fine. No shopping for me, no model for you. Don’t blame me if your boss fire you.”

“Alright okay fine. I’ll take you shopping.”

“Yay!”

“Spoiled brat!”, Cee mumbled to himself.

“Huh, what did you say?”

“Nothing! Now can you be my model?”

“Of course. Tell me what to do then.”

“Nothing much. Just pretend you’re here alone enjoying the fresh air.”

“That’s it?”

“Yeah! Just make sure you smile and try to act natural. I don’t want all that super model poses.”

“Okay but you want me to stand or sit?”

“Just sit for now. I’ll tell you when to change.”

Pancake sat down on the grass and did what Cee had told her to do. She smiled and looked natural for the camera. Cee was relieved that Pancake followed directions and at the same time, he was amazed by her natural beauty.

---------------------------------

Emily saw her dad at the door and ran to hug him when he came inside.

“Daddy!”

“Hey Em….I miss you.”

“I miss you too daddy.”

“Hey Tah. How’s Singapore?”, Chom asked.

“It was okay. Look, I got something for you and Em too.”

Emily had a huge smile across her face, “Ooh presents. Emily like.”

“Hey Em, why don’t you take your present and let aunty Polly open it for you. Daddy needs to talk to mommy.”

“Okay.”

Emily grabbed the present and walked upstairs to Paula.

“Talk to me about what?”, Chom asked.

“Have you seen Ken lately?”

“No why? What happened?”

“Nothing. It’s just that he came to my house the other day and I guess he was looking for something.”

“What was he looking for?”

“I don’t know but he was in my room and when Tarn caught him in there, he said he was looking for a watch that I borrowed from him. And I never borrowed any watch. I think he‘s starting to get suspicious”

“Suspicious about what? Us?”

“About Emily.”

“How can he when ……..”

Chompoo remembered the conversation she had with Ken when he asked her if he was by any chance Emily’s father…..

“Chom, what’s wrong?”

“Ken did asked me once if he by any chance is Emily’s father?”

“And what did you say?”

“I told him no.”

“Why would Ken asked that in the first place?”

“Because of stupid Paula. She took her to Ken’s house and everyone over there said that Emily doesn’t look like you but rather Ken.”

“She looks like you too.”

“Yeah but if you seen Ken’s picture when he was about Emily’s age, they look alike. The only difference is Emily has longer hair.”

“Maybe he was in my room to look for some kind of evidence.”

“Do you know if he took anything with him?”

“I don’t think he did. But hey Chom, can I ask you something?”

“Yeah.”

“Why don’t you not want Ken to know about Emily?”

“There’s no point in telling him now. It’s already too late.”

“Because he’s getting married to my sister?”

“I don’t want to be some girl that breaks up their relationship.”

“Nobody’s telling you to break them up. All you’re doing is telling him that he has a 4 year old daughter. If he’s a real man, he should step up and take responsibility.”

“And what about your sister?”

“If she loves Ken, she should be able to accept Emily.”

Chom shook her head, “No offence but I don’t think I want your sister to be my daughter’s step mom.”

“I’ll have to agree with that. But really, I really want you to think about it and don’t tell me now. I want you to think about it over night and tell me tomorrow at our anniversary.”

“Right, our anniversary…..almost forgot.”

“Yeah, and I have some good news to tell you too so your decision may or may not affect what I’m going to tell you. So be honest with me tomorrow okay?”

Chom nodded, “I’ll try.”

Paula came downstairs with Emily. Emily ran to her dad.

“Daddy, are you going to sleep over?”

Tah looked at Chom, “I don’t know baby. I want to but don’t know if your mom is okay with it?”

“Please mommy, can daddy stay over?”

“Sure, why not.”

“Yay! Come on daddy, you can sleep with me tonight.”

Tah and Emily went upstairs and Paula came to the couch to sit next to Chompoo.

“Hey you okay?”, Paula asked.

“Tah wants me to tell Ken about Emily.”

“Are you?”

“I don’t want to but he said to think it over and tell him tomorrow at our anniversary.”

“Oh that’s right. It’s your anniversary tomorrow. What you guys going to do?”

“Don’t know. Tah didn’t say anything.”

Paula made a face, “Ooh, another surprise. Seriously girl, Tah is too nice to you. If I were you, I would tell him I love him already. He’s been too patient with you but you never seem to soften up. Still thinking about your past.”

“No I’m not!”

“Really? Then why haven’t you accept Tah’s love and move on with your life. This man is in love with you. You said to give you time and he has and he’s been waiting and waiting.”

“I’m just not ready yet.”

“Because you’re still thinking about the past and particularly in love with your ex still?”

“What about you huh? I heard your ex is back.”

“Hey this is about you, not me!”

“And I see that he’s hanging out with you a lot now. Any chance of going back to him?”

“No. we’re just friends. He even said that he just wants to be friends.”

“What happened to, “Oh Paula, could you give me one more chance”

“He saw that it was causing trouble between me and Beam so he decided to just be friends with me.”

“Really? Somehow I don’t believe that. You need to be careful with Tye.”

“And you need to be careful about your feelings. Do you want tah or do you want Ken?”

“I can ask the same question to you, Beam or Tye?”

Paula smirked, “You know what, I’m not going to answer that.”

“If You don’t answer then I’m not going to answer”

Paula made a face to Chom and quickly ran upstairs to her room……………..

Sorry guys, I know it’s a long chapter….just trying to wrap up this story lol

TubbyTinker

Chapter 6.4

Cee took Pancake to Forever 21 to shop like he promised before. This time he wasn’t annoyed like before, but he was actually enjoying himself. Whatever Pancake wanted, he’ll pay for it. Pancake, knowing that Cee was willing to pay for her things didn’t buy too much either. After shopping, they went to eat ice cream at Baskin Robbins, Pancake’s treat.

“Thanks for paying for my stuff”

Cee almost choked on the ice cream, “What did you say?”

“When did you become deaf, I said thank you for today.”

“Wow. You actually said thank you.”

“I say please and thank you all the time.”

Cee smirked, “Since when?”

“Just because I don’t say it to you, doesn’t mean I don’t say it to other people.”

“Well, you’re welcome. And thanks for being my model.”

“Eh, it was nothing.”

They sat there eating their ice cream for awhile until Cee wanted to know about Weir.

“So how’s it going with you and Weir?”

“We’re good.”

“So what did your mom think of Weir?”

“I don’t know. She didn’t say much but she rather still have you as a son-in-law

“Are you planning on marrying him anytime soon?”

“Why do you ask?”

“Marriage is a big commitment. Are you sure he’s the one for you?”

“Weir’s a good guy. Any girl would be lucky to be with him.”

“You sure about that? I mean some guys may say they love you but behind your back, he’s saying it to another girl.”

“Are you trying to say that Weir’s a cheater?”

“No, I’m just telling you to be careful……cuz……I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

Cee couldn’t believe himself that he said that out loud and neither did Pancake. This was the first time Cee was ever sincere to her.

“You’re worried about me?”

“No…….I never said that! I just don’t want you guys to break up because if that happens, then our mom is going to make us get married and I don’t want that to happen either.”

“I don’t want us to get married either.”

“Good. We’re on the same page.”

They sat there eating their ice cream and when Cee looked over Pancake’s shoulder, he saw Weir with Pinky again. He knew that if Pancake saw her boyfriend with her best friend, she would be heartbroken so he quickly came up with a plan.

“Hey, I’m ready to go. Let’s go.”

“Where are you rushing off to?”

“I have to get back to the studio and turn in your pictures.”

“Then you go. I want to hang here for awhile.”

“You can’t! I mean…..you have to come with me because…..because my boss wants to meet you too.”

“Your boss?”

“Yes. He’ll probably wants to know who’s the model I’m taking pictures of.”

“Okay whatever you say but let me go to the restroom first.”

“Fine, try to hurry though.”

Pancake left to the restroom all confused………

Pancake followed Cee to the studio but it turns out that his boss didn’t come in. Pancake wanted to leave but Cee insisted for her to stay if she wanted a copy of her pictures. She agreed so he left to go develop the pictures while she waited in his office. While waiting, Pancake got nosey so she looked inside Cee’s laptop and was surprised by what she saw. It was pictures of random stuff that he took. She never thought he would have the talent to take pictures like that.

“Who said you could look inside my laptop?”

“Me.”

“God, you don’t have manners.”

“I know that. You took all these pictures?”

Cee walked behind Pancake to look at the pictures, “Yup. Pretty huh?”

“These are awesome. Never knew you knew how to take good pictures.”

“Thanks. Here’s your pictures.”

Pancake opened the envelope to look at her pictures, “Eh, it’s pretty.”

“What do you mean eh. You don’t like it?”

“I do, it’s just that you could have made me look prettier?”

“Too much airbrushing will make you look like a ghost. The picture is suppose to be natural looking. If you don’t like it, I can take it back?”

“No! I want these. You gave it to me.”

“Then don’t complain.”

“I wasn’t”, Pancake mumbled.

Chom got ready the next day for her anniversary. She thought about what Tah said and has made her decision. She came downstairs where Tah, Paula, Pinky, and Emily were waiting for her.

“Wow mommy, you look pretty.”

“Thanks baby.”

“Ready to go?”, Tah asked.

“Yeah.”

“Did you give it a thought what I told you yesterday?”

“Yeah and I made my decision.”

“Good. We’ll discuss it later.”

“Have fun guys”, Paula said waving good-bye.

Tah and Chompoo gave Emily a kiss before they left.

Paula turned to Pinky, “Now Ky, I need you to watch Emily while I go out with Beam today.”

“Hey, I was about to go watch a movie with Weir today.”

“Well you could watch movies here. Chom got a collection of it.”

“Oh alright. I’ll call Weir and tell him.”

“Hey don’t be sad now. You should thank me instead because you and Weir don’t have to pretend that you’re not boyfriend ad girlfriend here, while outside people especially Cee or Pancake’s mom might see you too.”

“Oh yeah huh, Weir and I have been preparing for the wedding and we’ve done a lot of shopping lately. I hope no one saw us.”

“Well be careful next time. You don’t want to be called the girl who stole her best friend’s boyfriend.”

Paula laughed before going upstairs to get ready for her date.

“That’s not funny Paula!”, Pinky shouted at the stairs.​

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
Wah, had so much to catch up on! And I've enjoy every bit of it!! Can't wait for the DNA result to come out. Wonder what Chom has to tell Tah about the thoughts. Cee is so falling for Pan without knowing. Tye, I'm so not liking him. And Petch too.

Can't wait for more!!!

TubbyTinker

Chapter 6.5

Tah and Chompoo were having dinner that evening celebrating their 4th year anniversary together. During dessert, Tah popped the question.

“So, did you thought about what I told you?”

“Yes, I have.”

“So, are you going to tell him or not?”

“Before I tell you my decision, I just want you to know that I really appreciate everything you’ve done for me and Emily from the beginning until now. Even when you knew that Emily isn’t your real daughter, you still loved her like she was yours.”

“Don’t mention it. You know how I feel about you and Emily and you know that I’ll do anything for you guys.”

Chompoo smiled, “Thanks Tah. I really do care about you. You bring happiness into our lives and I don’t know what it will be without you in it. So if you don’t mind, I want you to stay in our lives.”

“Are you trying to say that--”

“I’m not going to tell Ken. Emily already thinks you’re her father and I don’t want to confuse her. She’s already happy. Whatever’s in the past is in the past. I’m ready to move on.”

Tah’s face lit up, “Are you serious? Are you sure?”

Chom nodded, “I’m sure.”

“Wow, I’m actually surprise by this but I’m also happy as well. I promise that I’ll take care of you and Emily the best that I can.”

Chom nodded, “So what was the news that you wanted to tell me?”

“Well, when I went to Singapore to present my project to them, the CEO liked it a lot and he offered me a position there.”

“So what does that mean? Did you accept it?”

“No, I told him I’ll think about it. I wanted your opinion first.”

“Well……I think you should take it. It’ll be good for you….but……”

“But what?”

“You’re going to be gone the whole time though.”

Tah smiled, “That’s what I was about to ask you. How would you like it if you and Emily move to Singapore with me?”

“Move to Singapore? When?”

“In about 2 weeks, after my sister’s wedding.”

Chompoo didn’t answer back. She didn’t know what to answer. Tah grabbed a little box out of his pocket and opened it. Chompoo saw that it was a diamond ring.

“Tah…..what’s this?”

“Marry me please? You said that you’re ready to move on and with this ring, I just want to make it right. Let’s move to Singapore and start a new life as a family. You, me, and Emily.”

“Wow….this was unexpected…..”

Tah chuckled, “Surprise ……so what’s your answer?”

“Yes, I’ll move to Singapore with you.”

Tah place the ring on Chompoo’s finger and gave her a kiss. Musicians in the restaurant came to their table and played them music. Tah and Chompoo got up to dance to the music.

--------------------------------

The door bell rang and Pinky got up to open it. It was Tye again.

“Hey Ky, Is Paula home?”

“It depends. Why do you need her?”

Paula came downstairs and saw Pinky talking to Tye at the door.

“Tye, why are you here?”, Paula asked surprised.

“You busy today?”

“Yeah. Beam and I are about to go out. Why?”

“Oh, today’s actually my birthday and I wanted some friends to come celebrate with me. And since you’re the only one that’s my friend here, I came to you.”

“Oh, happy birthday but I don’t think I can go with you.”

“It’s okay. I guess I can celebrate my birthday by myself.”

Tye became sad and started walking away slowly. Paula felt bad about it.

“Wait Tye!”

Tye had a grin on his face before turning around, “Yeah?”

“I don’t want you celebrating your birthday alone. You can come with me and Beam tonight.”

“Are you serious?”, Pinky asked her sister.

“You sure Paula? I don’t want to ruin your night because of me. Beam might not like it.”

“No it’s okay. I’ll explain to Beam. And besides the more the merrier.”

“Okay then. Thank you.”

“It’s okay. I’ll be sad too if I have to celebrate my birthday alone.”

Beam pulled up the drive way and saw Tye with Paula and Pinky by the door. He knew something was up.

“Hey Paula, you ready?”

“Yeah but before we go, I have something to tell you.”

Beam looked at Tye an knew that it was about him.

“What? What’s wrong?”

“Can Tye come with us? Today’s his birthday and I don’t want him celebrating his birthday by himself.”

Beam pulled Paula away from the others, “Are you kidding me? Tonight is suppose to be about us.”

“I know but Tye’s going to be alone on his birthday and that’s just sad.”

“He doesn’t have any other friends here or what?”

“No.”

“Paula……”

“Please Beam. You wouldn’t like it either if you had to celebrate your birthday by yourself. If you don’t want to do it for him, then do it for me, please.”

“Fine. He can come with us.”

Paula gave Beam a kiss on the cheeks, “Thanks Beam. You’re a sweet guy.”

Paula walked to Tye to tell him that Tye can come with them. Beam didn’t like the idea but whatever made Paula happy, he was willing to do.

“Thanks Beam for letting me come with you.”

“Don’t mention it. I did it for Paula.”

Tye just smiled and got in the car. Beam looked at Paula and shook his head. Paula ignored him and got in the car.

They came to the restaurant where Paula likes to come and eat at. They ordered their food and Beam was starting to get annoy by Tye and his action. He wasn’t being considerate of Beam with him giving Paula half of his food. Paula, being innocent, didn’t really think much about it.

Beam annoyingly got up from his chair, “I’m gonna go use the restroom.”

Beam was in the restroom talking to himself and closing his eyes.

“Dude, don’t think much about it. They’re only friends. Friends feed each other. They’re only friends. Nothing more.”

“Stressed about something Beam?”

Beam opened his eyes and saw it was Tye asking the question.

“No.”

“Oh, that’s good then. I thought you were stressed about me and Paula.”

“I trust Paula. Paula said you guys are just friends and I believe her.”

“Well, that’s true. But you know,……..friends can turn into something more….especially when they used to be lovers……”

“What’s that’s suppose to mean?”

“It means that if Paula starts to have feelings for me again, which I still think she do, you can’t blame her.”

“That’s not true. The only feelings she have for you is a friendship.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that. If Paula didn’t have any feelings for me still, she wouldn’t have let me come back into her life.”

“What do you really want Tye?”

“I’m here to take Paula back and I’ll do whatever it takes to get her back too.”

“I knew you had something up your sleeve. Well, that’s your lost for breaking up with he in the first place.”

“I admit I was wrong in the beginning but since we’re being honest here, I still love her and I’m going to take her back.”

“I feel bad for Paula for believing and trusting you again. She’s going to be furious once she finds out from me that you’re up to no good.”

“And you think she’ll believe you. I just had to make a sad face and she thinks I’m gonna be alone on my birthday.”

“Today isn’t really your birthday is it?”

Tye clapped his hands, “You’re pretty smart.”

“That’s it. I’m gonna go tell Paula.”

Beam walked out of the restroom and went back to the table.

“Come on Paula, let’s go.”

“Why what happened?”

“”You know today isn’t really Tye’s birthday. He lied to us.”

“Wait, what are you talking about? Why would he lie?”

“Because he just wants to get in the way between us.”

“That’s ridiculous. Tye wouldn’t do that.”

Tye walked to the table looking sad, “It’s okay Paula. You could leave with Beam.”

Paula looked at Tye, “What happened Tye? What did Beam do to you?”

Beam looked at Paula, “What makes you think I did something to him?!”

“He did nothing. He just misunderstood me about my intentions for you. I told him we were just friends but he accused me of stealing you away from him”

“Hey, I did not say that. Why are you making stories up? Paula, that‘s not true.”

“Paula, don’t be mad at me. I’m just trying to be honest with you.”

Beam smirked, “Honest, why don’t you tell her what you told me in the restroom then?”

Paula got frustrated, “Okay Beam, that’s enough! I’m pretty sure this whole thing is a misunderstanding of something. If you want to leave then you could leave. I’m going to stay here.”

“What? It’s not even his birthday!”

“Hey guys!”, Petch greeted them. “What’s with the whole yelling? I can here you guys from over there.”

“You’re not going to believe me on this?”, Beam asked Paula.

“How can I when you’re not being reasonable. I know you’re mad about tonight but you don’t have to put this on Tye.”

“Fine, I’m not going to argue with you anymore. You want to stay, stay! I’m leaving!”

Petch looked at Beam, “Beam, where are you going?”

“Somewhere away from this place.”

“If you don’t mind, can I come?”

“Sure why not.”

Beam left with Petch and Tye exchanged smiles with Petch.

“Paula, you should get him.”

“It’s okay Tye. It’s no use.”

“This is my fault.”

“Don’t say that. Let’s not talk about other people. Today’s your birthday right? We should celebrate instead of stressing.”

“Okay.”

---------------------

Chapter 7 Preview: Ken is sad about Chompoo’s decision. Mam’s nightmare has come true​

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
Wah, I would of thought that Chom is going to tell Ken about Emily being his. But guess not. I really can't stand Tye at all. He's nothing but a 2 face. And Paula's stupid enough to believe his stories over her own bf!!

Oh I wonder what Mama's nightmare was.

TubbyTinker

Yeah, you see Paula changes a lot when Tye comes back into her life…….

------------------------

Chapter 7.1

The ring of the phone woke Mam up early in the morning. She looked at the phone and it was Beam that called her.

“Beam, why are you calling me? We’re in the same house.”

“Actually, I didn’t come home last night. Mom, could you come over please? I think I’m in trouble.”

“What do you mean trouble? And where are you at?”

“At my condo.”

“Okay, I’ll be right there.”

Mam woke up her husband and her two sons and they all headed over to Beam’s condo.

“Man, this better be good or else”, Cee complained while driving the car for his parents.

“Mom, did he say what kind of trouble he was in?”, Ken asked.

“No, but he sounded serious. And I think I heard some crying in the background.”

------------------

Paula received an unknown text message that morning as well. She didn’t recognize the number but open the message anyways. She was shocked by the picture. It was a picture of Beam and Petch in bed together. Chompoo saw Paula crying on the couch.

“Paula, why are you crying?”

Paula said nothing but gave Chom her phone.

“Whoa!”

Chompoo didn’t believe her eyes either.

Chom tried comforting her friend, “Maybe it’s not what it looks like.”

“We get into an argument and he goes off sleeping with some girl.”

“Wait, you guys got in a fight again? About what?”

“He was mad that Tye was hanging out with us last night.”

Chom rolled her eyes, “Tye again?”

“Girl, don’t start with me.”

“Hey, I’m just saying. He’s the only reason why you and Beam are fighting.”

“Chom, what should I do?”

“Go see Beam. I’m pretty sure he has an explanation for this.”

“I don’t want to go by myself. Could you come with me?”

“Do I have to?”

“Yes, because Ky’s not awake yet.”

Chom sighed, “Fine.”

---------------------

Mam and the others got to Beam’s condo about half an hour later and when they went inside they saw Petch crying on her mom’s shoulder, with Ploy and Luktarn trying to comfort her.

“Beam, what’s the trouble? Why is Petch crying?”

Petch’s mom stood up, “Your son needs to take responsibility of his action.”

Mam looked at him all confused, “What is she talking about?”

“Beam has took advantage of my daughter.”

Mam’s jaw just dropped, along with her husband Ron, and Ken and Cee.

“Beam, please tell me she is lying.”

“I….I….had too many drinks last night and I don’t remember anything. Next thing I knew, I woke up and found Petch crying on the side of the bed.”

“Why the hell were you drunk?”

“I got into an argument with Paula.”

“Wait, if you were arguing with Paula, where does Petch fit into the picture?”

“She was there at that time so we left to the bar.”

“You know, I should slap you for doing something stupid like that.”

“I know. And I’m sorry mom.”

“Don’t apologize to me. Save that for Paula. She’s going to be heartbroken when she finds out what you did.”

“Too late for that”, Ploy whispered to Luktarn.

“She probably doesn’t even care about me anymore.”

Petch’s mom looked at Beam, “So what’s it going to be beam?”

“Although I don’t remember anything from last night, but if Petch claims that I did take advantage of her, then I’ll take full responsibility by marrying her.”

Mam was about to faint but Cee and Ken caught her in time. Chompoo and Paula arrived at Beam’s condo when everyone was about to leave. The face on Beam’s face when he saw Paula was priceless

“Wow, so I guess this is all true then.”

“Paula, what are you doing here?”, Beam asked still mad.

“I came to see what I saw on my phone was true.”

“Do you think it’s true?”

“I don’t know Beam, you tell me.”

“What if I said yes, I did sleep with Petch. Would you believe me?”

Paula‘s tears were falling down her cheeks.

“Actually, yeah. I believe you because you know why, I believe in what I see. How could you do this Beam? I get that you were mad at me but you didn’t have to go sleep with another girl just to get back at me. We could have talked it out.”

“Talk? What’s there to talk about when you don’t even believe me when I tell you things about Tye.”

“Because what you’re telling me seems so unreasonable.”

“You know what, you’ve changed a lot since your ex has come back. You spend more time with him than you do with me. And when we do go out, I always see him come between us”

“What’s wrong with that?! He’s only a friend! And if I remembered correctly, you agreed that he could come along.”

“That’s because I did it for you. If I said no, which I should have, you probably be begging me until I said yes.”

“We wouldn’t be arguing if you only trusted me and believe me in the first place.”

Beam shook his head, “I don’t think it’s me that have trust issues. What I’m seeing is you’re the one with trust issues. You don’t even believe me when I tell you something about Tye. But I understand what position you’re in to have to choose between your own boyfriend and an ex-boyfriend “

“I didn’t choose him over you.”

“Well, looks like it to me you made it loud and clear last night. But you know what, it’s all good because from now on, you’re free to do whatever you want. I’m done.”

“So this is how it ends between us?”

“Don’t blame me Paula. This isn’t my fault.”

“Well good luck then…….”

“Yeah…….good luck to you too.”

---------------------

Okay I know Paula is not the likable person atm right now since she still thinks Tye is innocent. I had no intention to make her stupid in the first place but oh wells…I was writing and thinking at the same time lol​

TubbyTinker

Chapter 7.2

Ken and Chompoo were waiting outside the condo. Cee had left with the others already. Ken wanted to mention Emily but Beam and Paula were coming out already.

“Paula, you okay?”, Chom asked feeling concern.

“Let’s just go.”

Chom followed her friend to the car while Ken went inside the condo to talk to his brother.

“You alright man?”

“I will be”

“So what happened?”

“We broke up.”

“Really?”

“Yeah….and this time, I think it’s for good.”

“Sorry to hear that.”

Beam sighed, “Yeah…me too……”

“So you really gonna marry Petch, I mean, that’s like mom’s worst nightmare right there.”

“Yeah, I have no other choice.”

“Dude, your life sucks more than mine….”

“Yeah, I know. Can you not rub it in?”

Ken chuckled, “Sorry….Well I‘ll let you be alone. I gotta get back to the house”

Beam nodded sadly……..

-------------------------------

Pancake and her mom went over to the Wongpuapan’s house and found everyone in the living room with a long face.

“Hey, what’s with all the long faces?”, Pancake asked.

Cee looked at Pancake, “It’s a long story. C’mon, I’ll tell you outside.”

---------------------

“WHAT? Beam slept with Petch?!”

“I know right? Hard to believe?”

“Why was he drunk in the first place? Beam seems to be the guy who doesn’t drunk?”

“Well he and Paula got into an argument….she took Tye’s side over him so he got mad.”

“So what’s gonna happen now?”

“Beam said he’ll take full responsibility of Petch and as for Beam and Paula….I think they gonna break up.”

“That’s just crazy. So Beam admitted that he took advantage of Petch?”

“Actually he said that he was too drunk to remember anything but Petch claims that he took advantage of her.”

“Man, if Petch would have said she took advantage of Beam, I would have believe that.”

“My mom’s freaking out in there. She’s disappointed in Beam.”

“Well, you can’t blame the guy, he was drunk.”

“Yeah but the fact that he was upset over something, he had to turn to alcohol.”

“See, that’s why I don’t get guys. They get mad a little about their girlfriend, they go turn to alcohol…..”

“I can say the same thing for girls.”

“No, us girls, when we’re mad, we turn to ice cream.”

Cee smirked, “I thought you guys only do that when you guys are heartbroken?”

Pancake shrugged, “Well, that’s what I do. I never had a boyfriend to be heartbroken or to argue with?”

“Wait, you never had a boyfriend?”

Pancake frozed for a moment, “I mean….I never had a boyfriend who broke my heart before. Weir and I never argue.”

“Right…..”

Mam and Nuan came outside as well.

“Where you guys going?”, Cee asked.

“I’m going to take your mom out shopping so she can get her mind off things.”

“Okay. Have fun then.”

Just when Nuan and Mam left, a taxi pulled up the driveway and Ken came out of the car.

“Hey Cee, where’s mom going?”

“Aunt Nuan is taking her shopping so she can get her mind off of Beam.”

“Oh…..well Beam and Paula broke up and it seems like it’s for real this time.”

“That’s gotta suck. Thank god I don’t have any girlfriends to have this kind of problems.”

Pancake just rolled her eyes.

“Oh Pan, lucky you’re here. How did it go with the DNA stuff?”

“Oh almost forgot. The doctor called and they said the results are in. You can go get it today.”

“Well then let’s go. “

Ken, Cee, and Pancake all got in the car and were headed to the clinic…….About half an hour later, they reached the clinic and Ken was the first one to the counter..

“Hi, I’m Teeradej Wongpuapan and I’m here to pick up my DNA results.”

“Oh, just one moment sir.”

The assistant called the doctor and not even for a minute, she was done.

“The doctor is ready for you in the back rook sir.”

“Thank you.”

Ken, Cee, and Pancake went to the back room and there, they were greeted by Dr. Asawin.

“Hi, are you Teeradej Wongpuapan?”

“Yes.”

“Okay, the results are in and do you want to read it yourself or do you want me to do it?”

“Um, I’ll read it.”

Ken opened the envelope slowly and pulled out the paper to read it. Cee and Pancake were sitting on the side reading the paper as well. Ken, Cee, and Pancake were both shocked by the result. It turns out Emily is his daughter after all. They thanked the daughter before heading out the clinic.

“I don’t believe this! Emily is my daughter and she even didn’t tell me about her for the 4 years.”

“She probably has her own personal reason.”

“It better be a good reason then.”

“Dude, I wonder if Tah knows he’s not the real father?”

“He probably does but it doesn’t matter to him.”

Ken and Cee looked at Pancake annoyingly.

“WHAT?! Did I say something wrong. It’s true. There’s guys out there who would be willing to be a step father.”

“I’m gonna go over to her house right now and find out the truth.”

Ken walked in his car and Cee and Pancake quickly followed him………​

Jean

sarNie Juvenile
Yes, Ken finally knows the truth. Can't wait till the next update:)

TubbyTinker

Chapter 7.3

They arrived at Chompoo’s house but only found Paula home by herself.

“Hey Paula, is Chom here?”, Ken asked looking around.

“No”, Paula answered quietly. “She left with Tah and Emily awhile ago to celebrate.”

“Celebrate what?”, Cee and Pan asked at the same time.

“Oh you guys didn’t know. Tah and Chom are getting married. Tah proposed to her and she said yes.”

Ken dropped the DNA envelope when he heard that they were getting married. He was speechless and couldn’t believe that she would be able to move on. To other people, it may seem like Ken was happy with Luktarn since they were getting married soon, but it was only a front to help him not think much of the break up with Chompoo 4 years ago.

“Married?”, Ken asked. “When?”

Paula shrugged her shoulders, “Soon I guess. I think they’re going to move to Singapore too since Tah has a new job there.”

“The whole family?”, Pancake asked.

“Yup. Why are you guys here anyways?”

“Paula, you’re Chom’s best friend, do you know that Emily isn’t Tah’s real daughter.”

Paula quickly looked at Ken and froze. She was confused and shocked that Ken would even know this secret. Nobody knew about this except for her, Chompoo, and Tah.

“”What are you talking about? Tah is Emily’s dad.”

“No he’s not. I am.”

Ken gave Paula the envelope for Paula to read.

“Read this and tell me who’s lying.”

Paula opened the envelope and read the results. This time, she was really speechless.

“Why didn’t Chom tell me that she was pregnant?”

“Because when she found out that she was pregnant, it was right after when you two broke up. She thought it wouldn‘t matter anymore.”

“And why would she think that?”

“I don’t know. You gotta talk to her about that. If you guys want, you guys can wait here for her until she comes back.”

Ken turned to look at Cee and Pancake, “You guys can go home if you want. I’m going to stay here.”

They nodded and left Ken with Paula alone…………….

--------------------

Mam and Nuan were out shopping when they saw Weir and Pinky at the same shop they were at. Nuan spotted them and gestured Mam to follow them around the store.

“Oh, I knew that little brat is no good.”, Nuan squealed. “He’s cheating on my daughter with another girl!”

Mam looked at Pinky, “And isn’t that girl Pancake’s best friend too?”

“You’re right!”

“Once Pancake finds out, she’ll be devastated.”

“Oh I can’t take this anymore!”

Nuan got out of their hiding spot and walked up to Weir to slap him. Weir was shocked, even Pinky, and the other people in the store.

“Aunt Nuan….”

“How dare you do this to my daughter?! She is a sweet girl and you go and cheat on her with another girl! Not to mention her best friend!”

“Aunt Nuan, it’s not what it looks like.”

“Oh yeah, then explain to me why are you here out shopping with her instead of Pancake.”

“We’re just shopping as friends.”

“Friends, why would a girl and a guy hold hands then if you guys are friends. And don’t tell me that friends can do that because I don’t believe in that kind of crap.”

Pinky looked at Weir, “Weir, I think you should just tell them the truth.”

“What truth?”, Mam and Nuan both asked.

“Sorry Pan”, Weir mumbled. “The truth is I’m not cheating on Pancake because her and I are not boyfriend and girlfriend.”

Nuan got excited, “You mean you two broke up?”

“No. We didn’t break up because we were never together. Pancake asked me to pretend to be her boyfriend so that you wouldn’t force her to marry Cee.”

“Ooh, that girl. I can’t believe I let her trick me like that. And I believed her too.”

“So I’m guessing you and Pinky are together then?”, Mam asked.

Pinky nodded, “Yes. We’re getting married soon and if you would like, please come to our wedding.”

“Sorry about the slap Weir”, Nuan said apologetically.

“It’s okay. I understand but please, whatever you do or say, don’t tell Pan that I told you the truth. She’s going to be mad at me.”

“Oh, don’t worry about that. She wants to play games with me, I’ll play games with her too.”

Nuan walked away smiling with Mam, leaving Weir and Pinky confused.

Ken waited in the front porch for Chompoo to show up until evening. Paula brought out some snacks for him to snack on while waiting.

“Here, I brought you some snacks.”

“Thanks but I’m not hungry.”

“Maybe you should try coming tomorrow. I’ll tell her you stop by.”

“No, it’s fine. I can wait.”

Just then, the car pulled up and Ken saw that they were finally home. Emily saw Ken so she ran to him.

“Uncle Ken!”

Emily ran and hugged Ken and for the first time Ken was able to hug Emily, knowing now that she is his daughter.

“Uncle Ken. You missed it. Mommy and daddy took me shopping and we ate ice cream.”

“Yeah? I bet it was fun.”

“It was. And you know, mommy and daddy are getting married too.”

Ken looked at Chom who was standing there holding hands with Tah.

“Why are you here?”, Chom asked.

“I need to talk to you.”

“Look if you’re here to argue with me--”

“No. It’s something serious.”

Chompoo handed Tah the bags and he walked inside with Paula and Emily.

“So I guess you getting married is true then.”

“Yeah, I’m getting married. Tah propose and I said yes.”

“You sure you made the right decision.”

“If I wasn’t sure, I wouldn’t have said yes to him.”

“So you’ve moved on?”

“Yes and what’s wrong with that? You’ve moved on way before I did.”

“And who’s fault was that?”

“I thought we weren’t going to argue?”

“Okay…..fine….that’s not what I wanted to talk to you about.”

“Then what is it?”

“”How come you didn’t tell me you were pregnant with Emily even though we broke up already?”

“Wait, how did you know about that? Did Paula tell you?”

“No, she didn’t. I found that out on myself.”

“Why does it matter to you when Emily isn’t even yours.”

“You sure about that? Because I just found out today that Emily is my daughter.”

Chom tried to hide her face from Ken, “What are you talking about? Tah is Emily’s father.”

Ken walked closely to Chom, “Oh yeah. Then explain this!”

Ken showed the DNA results to Chom’s face.

“How did you get Emily’s DNA?!”

“That’s not important right now. Why didn’t you tell me all these years.”

“Because you wouldn’t care. If I told you, you wouldn’t have believed me anyways. You would probably have thought that it was Tah’s child.”

“You know if you would have told me from the beginning, I would have believed you no matter what happened between us.”

Tears started coming down Chom’s face, “Now that you know Emily is your daughter, what do you want from me Ken?”

“I want to be the father that I never was for Emily.”

“How am I going to explain to Emily about you?”

“I’ll explain to her.”

What Chompoo and Ken didn’t know was Emily snuck out of the house and was listening to their conversation.

“Mommy, what’s going on?”

Chom looked at Ken for some answers.

“Why is uncle Ken my dad?”

Ken got down on his knees, “Emily, come here sweety.”

Emily walked up to Ken and sat on his knees.

“”From now on, you have to call me daddy Ken okay?”

“Why? You’re not my uncle anymore?”

Ken shook his head, “No, I’m your dad now.”

“Why do I have two dads?”

“Because you’re a special little girl.”

Emily smiled and hugged her dad. Chompoo stood there crying with happiness and sadness…………….​

TubbyTinker

Chapter 7.4

Tah was watching by the door with Paula. He was relieved that Ken know about Emily but wonders what Chompoo will do next. Emily came inside, letting her parents talk it out outside.

“You can come see Emily whenever you want”, Chom told Ken.

Ken looked at Chom, “Why are you--”

“I’m giving you enough time t spend with her because soon, you won’t be able to see her anymore.”

“Wait, where are you going?”

“I’m moving to Singapore in about a week.”

“You can’t take Emily away from me like that. I just barely got to know her. I’m not going to le you do that!”

“You can’t tell me what to do!”

“Then what am I suppose to do without you and Emily here?”

“Do what you always do before you found out about this whole thing.”

“I’m not going to let you take Emily and leave me here.”

“Why?! We’re over Ken. You can’t tell me what to do. Whatever I do is none of your business anyway.”

Ken walked closer to Chom, “Please, I’m asking you, don’t leave me here.”

“Why Ken? I’m finally moving on and you’re going to stop me from doing that. Why?”

“Because I don’t want you to.”

“You’re telling me not to move on when you’ve moved on?”

Ken took Chom’s hands, “What if I told you that……..I miss you…….I miss us.”

“Do you even know what you’re saying?”

“Yes, of course I know what I’m saying. If I didn’t, would I do this?”

Ken grabbed Chompoo and hugged her tightly. Tah was sad to see Ken do that so he just went inside the house. Paula left as well.

“What are you doing?”, Chom asked trying to pull away.

“I miss you and I’m sorry for everything in the past.”

“Stop…you can’t do this. And don’t say those words again to me. I don’t want to hear it.”

Ken finally let go of Chom and looked her straight in the eye.

“Please leave”, Chom said. “No matter what, I’m marrying Tah and I’m moving with him.”

“Chom…..”

“And you…..you’re getting married soon too. It wouldn’t be right if you’re here with me saying those things….”

“But I---”

“Just leave Ken….I’m begging you…….Between us, it’s over and we should live our separate lives.”

“Are you sure you want it to be like this?”

Chom looked Ken straight in the eyes, “Positive.”

With that said, Ken walked to his car sadly, while Chompoo stood there crying. After Ken left, Tah came out to comfort Chom.

Cee spent the day at Pancake’s house since he didn’t feel like going back to his house where the atmosphere is a bit tense with his brother’s situation. Nobody was home so Pancake cooked up a meal for her and Cee to eat.

“I didn’t know you cook”, Cee teased, after Pancake brought the food for him.

“Stupid, this is store-bought. I just threw it in the microwave to heat it up that’s all. You know I don’t cook.”

Cee chuckled, “Oh yeah…forgot.”

Pancake ate her food, “What are you laughing at?”

“You, duh. I feel sorry for Weir who is going to become your husband. He’s going to be starving.”

“No he won’t. he knows that I can’t cook and he accepts that.”

Cee shook his head, “Seriously dude, is he that dumb to be in love with you?”

“Cee! What’s that suppose to mean? It’s not wrong for a handsome guy like that to fall for a pretty girl like me.”

Cee just looked at pancake and smiled

“What?”, Pan asked, looking at herself to see if something was wrong with her.

Cee smiled, “Nothing. It’s just that I have fun when I talk to you.”

“Really? I always find you annoying no matter what.”

“No, I’m being serious here. Whenever I argue with you, I’m always happy. It’s like you bring another flavor to my life.”

Pancake laughed, “Of course I bring flavor to your life because without me, your life is plain jane, boring!”

Cee laughed with Pancake and was enjoying the meal that Pancake had heated up. They sat there eating and talking about their childhood days. After they ate, they went into the living room and watched a movie. By the end of the movie, Cee looked over and saw that Pancake fell asleep on the couch.

Cee sighed, “She eat and she sleep. Same old Pancake.”

Cee got up and rearrange Pancake so she would sleep comfortably on the couch.

“You know you’re actually cute when you’re not talking so much Pan.”

Cee slowly leaned down to kiss Pancake on the forehead but her dad came in on time.

“Cee, what a surprise. What are you doing here?”

“Shh…you’ll wake Pan up.”

“Oh…..sorry”, Mr. Jamikorn whispered.

“I came to hang out with pan today since the atmosphere at my house isn’t so good.”

“Oh is everything okay?”

“Not really. Beam’s going to marry Petch soon. Ken’s wedding is in a week so my mom is going a bit crazy.”

“Wow, I thought Beam and Petch weren’t together. I thought he was with another girl.”

“Yeah, apparently they broke up and Beam did some stupid tuff that got him in trouble.”

“I see….”

“Well, I have to get going now. I’ll see you later.”

“Drive safe…..”

“I will….”​

TubbyTinker

Chapter 7.5

Ken came home and saw his family sitting in the living room, all eyes on him.

Ken looked at Cee, “Dude…..”

Cee shrugged, “Well sorry. I didn’t know it was suppose to be a secret.”

Mam got up and walked over to Ken, “I can’t believe you. You have a daughter and you didn’t tell me. Shame on you.”

“Hey, I didn’t know either. Chom didn’t even tell me anything.”

“So what are you going to do now?”, Ron asked.

“Chom said I can go see Emily when I want until she moves to Singapore.”

“Who’s moving to Singapore?”, they all asked.

“Oh you guys haven’t heard, Tah propose to Chom and she said yes. They’re leaving after my wedding.”

Mam shook her head, “Na-uh. You better go tell her that she can’t leave with my grandchild like that.”

“That’s what I told her! But she’s still going no matter what.”

“What about Luktarn, does she know about this?”, Beam asked.

“I don’t think so. I’ll tell her before the wedding.”

Ron stood up, “Wait, you’re still going to marry Luktarn? I don’t think you should.”

“Well, I’m engaged to her and sooner or later, I have to marry her eventually.”

“No you don’t. It depends if you really want to or not. If your heart says yes, then your mom and---well actually I’ll support you but if your heart says no, then you will see your mom do a cartwheel.”

“Mam smirked, “Oh I will do one if Ken calls off the wedding.”

“The wedding’s next week. It’s already too late.”

Ron sighed, “Ken, can I have a word with you outside please.”

Mam looked at her husband, “Why can’t you talk in here?”

“Because I want to talk with Ken alone.”

Ken followed his dad outside, “What is it dad?”

“I’m going to ask you something and you better tell me the truth, okay?”

“It depends……”

“Do you love Luktarn?”

“Why do you ask? I’m engaged to her, that should answer your question.”

“No, it doesn’t. I want to hear it from you. Do you or do you not love her?”

“We’ve been friends for so long….I’ll love her eventually.”

“Eventually….so that means you don’t love her. If you don’t love her, why did you get engaged?”

“I don’t know….maybe to cover up the pain from my previous relationship.”

“The relationship you had with Chompoo. Mind telling me what happened between you two?”

Ken took a deep sigh before telling his dad, “Remember that year when I came to visit you guys and I told you guys that I was going to get married?”

“Yeah…….”

“Well at that time, Chompoo was the girl I was telling you guys about and when mom said she wanted to meet her, I flew back to New York to tell Chom the good news and that morning was when I found Chom and Tah in bed together.”

“So that’s when you broke up with her?”

“Right there and then. You know, I loved her so much and for her to do that to me was just wrong.”

“Did she give you an explanation?”

“I guess she tried but I was too mad to listen. You know how I am.”

“Of course…….do you still love her though?”

Ken looked at his dad for a second then he looked down to ground.

“If you still love her, it’s not too late to try and reconcile with her.”

“It’s already too late dad.”

“No, it’s not. Every problem, there is a solution to it.”

“So what if I do still love her, that’s not going to make anything better. She’s going to move to Singapore no matter what.”

“Have you try to forgive and forget?”

“To be honest dad, I think I forgave her the moment I found out that we have a daughter together but to forget, I don’t think I can do that. She hurt me deeply”

“People makes mistakes. You know, you should try asking for an explanation of that day. Who knows, you probably did something that upset her that you didn’t even know about.”

“But……”

“Take my advice son, go ask her and let her explain her reason to why she did that to you…..”

“I will……thanks dad.”

“No problem. Well, I’m going to inside. By now, your mom is probably waiting for me to go tell her what me and you were talking about. You coming?”

“No, I think I’ll stay out here for awhile.”

“Okay then…..”

“Chom……I’m not going to let you take Emily away from me like this…….”

-------------------

Pinky and Chom watched Paula depressed for many days and they felt sorry for her. She pretends to be happy in front of them but when she’s alone, she cries.

“We need to do something”, Pinky said, closing her door so her and Chom could talk alone.

“I’ve been her friend for so many years and I never seen her this depress. Even when she broke up with Tye, she wasn’t this sad.”

“You know this is all Tye’s fault. If he didn’t come back, this whole thing would not had happen.”

Chom nodded, “Yeah but I think the problem between Paula and Beam is that they don’t trust each other enough to not let any third hand come between them.”

There was a knock on the door. Pinky went to open it and it was Paula.

“Hey, you need anything?”, Pinky asked nicely.

“Ky, I’m gonna go back to Australia.”

“Why?”, Pinky and Chom asked.

“There’s no reason for me to stay here anymore. Beam and I broke up already.”

“What about my wedding?”, Pinky asked. “You’re my maid of honor.”

“Can’t you go back and get marry over there?”

Pinky shook her head, “No, because mom and dad are coming here. And besides all my friends are here.”

“But I don’t wanna stay here anymore.”

“I know but, please, just stay here for a while. After my wedding, you could go back.”

“Fine. I’ll stay here until your wedding.”

Pinky hugged her sister, “Thank you. Everything is going to be okay, okay?”

Chom walked over and hugged her friend too.​

TubbyTinker

Chapter 8.1

It was Ken’s wedding day. Everyone arrived at the Grand Ballroom. Chom arrived with Tah and Emily. Paula arrived with Pinky and Tye. Pancake arrived with her parents and Weir. Beam arrived with his family. Cee wasn’t please to see Pancake with Weir and Beam wasn’t please to see Paula with Tye even though they broke up already.

“Hey Ron, my eyes twitching”, Mam said. “I feel like something bad is going to happen.”

“Ken’s marrying Luktarn.”

“No, something worst than that.”

“Nothing’s going to go wrong on a wedding day.”

“Well, I hope something does. Anything to make Luktarn not become my daughter-in-law. You know this is all your fault”

“My fault?! How?”

“I thought you asked Ken not to marry Luktarn and what does Ken do, he’s marrying her.”

“No, I didn’t. I told him to ask himself if he still have any feelings for Chom, if he does, he should call off the wedding. But I guess he didn’t.”

Beam and Cee were at the cocktail having a drink. Beam was staring at Paula and Tye while Cee was staring at Weir and Pancake. Weir seems to notice it too.

Weir tapped Pancake with his elbow, “Hey, is it just me or is Cee staring at us?”

Pancake turned to look at Cee who looked away, “No, it’s just you.”

“I could have swear he was looking at us.”

“Why would he look at us anyways?”

Weir smiled, “Maybe he’s jealous.”

Pancake stood up, “Whatever Weir. I’m gonna go grab a plate. Want anything?”

“No, I’m fine.”

Cee saw Pancake walking towards the other table so he followed her there.

“You look pretty today”, he complimented her.

“Thanks. You look pretty good yourself.”

“Of course. I’m always looking good.”

Pancake rolled her eyes, “Please, don’t make me puke.”

“I was just kidding.”

“”How’s Ken doing?”

“I have no idea. He didn’t really say much this morning”

“How’s your mom doing?”

Cee looked over at his mom, “She seems fine on the outside but really she’s about to explode in the inside.”

“Poor aunt Mam. She’s getting the daughter-in-laws she doesn’t want but the daughter-in-laws she wants is marrying someone else.”

Cee sighed, “Yeah. I say you go break up with Weir and let’s get married so my mom could feel better.”

Pancake smiled and turn to look at Cee.

“Why are you smiling? Are you agreeing with me?”

“Like hell I’m going to marry you. You too short to be with me.”

Pancake finished putting food on her plate and quickly went to sit back down.

“I’m not short. I’m just height challenge.”

---------------------------

Ken was in his room thinking about what his dad said to him. The knock on the door interrupted his thoughts.

“Come in”

“You ready?”, Beam asked. “It’s time.”

Ken nodded, “Yeah, I’ll be down in a bit.”

“Alright, hurry.”

“Beam wait, did Chom come?”

“Yeah, she came with Tah and Emily. Why?”

“Nothing, Come on, let’s go.”

Beam and Ken were heading downstairs and Ken saw Chompoo walked into the restroom.

“Uh Beam go inside first. I have to use the restroom real quick.”

“Alright. Hurry.”

“Yeah.”

Ken waited for Beam to go inside before he went to go wait for Chom in front of the restroom. Chom walked out of the restroom and was shocked to see Ken standing by the door.

“Why are you here and not in there?”, she asked.

Ken said nothing but grabbed Chom and pulled her out the ballroom.

“Ken, where are you taking me? Let me go!”

“We need to talk!”

“Can’t we just talk normally?”

Ken pulled Chom out to his car but he forgot he left his keys in the dressing room. Cee had forgotten his camera and went out to his car to get it. He saw Ken and Chompoo out there too.

“Ken, what’s going on? What are you guys doing here?”

“Cee, give me your car keys!”

“Why do you need it?”

“Give me the keys or come drive for me.”

“Where are you gonna go?”

“Dude, just get in the car.”

“Okay….”

Cee got in the car with Ken and Chompoo sitting in the back.

“Where do you guys want to take you?”

“To the ship dock.”

“Ken. You can’t do this! You have to go back inside and get married.”

Ken looked angrily at Chom, “Why are you always pushing me away? You really want me to get married”

“Yes!”

“Well, I’m sorry to disappoint you. The wedding won‘t happen.”

Back at the hotel, people were starting to wonder what happened to Ken since he told Beam he went to use the restroom but when Beam went to go check, there was no Ken. Tah noticed that Chompoo was missing too. Tah and Beam went looking around the hotel but couldn’t find either of them. Mam was happy and worried at the same time. She was happy that there might not be a wedding after all but is worried about Ken.

“Have you called Ken?”, his father asked.

“Yeah but apparently, he left his phone in the dressing room.”

Tah walked up to them, “I tried calling Chom but she left her phone in her purse.”

“Do you think they went together?” Beam asked.

“No.”, Tah quickly replied. “Why would Ken leave on his wedding day?”

Ron looked around and noticed that Cee went missing as well.

“Now where did Cee go?”

“He went to go get his camera in his car but I don’t know what’s taking him so long.”

“Should we call the cops?”, Tah asked.

“We’ll just wait and see what happens first.”, Ron insisted.

“But I’m worried about Chom. Something might have happen to her.”

Beam looked at Tah, “I’m worried about my brother too. But I think you’re right. We should call the police to come help us look.”

Ron nodded, “In that case, I’ll go make the call.”

After Ron left, Luktarn walked up to Tah and slapped him.

“What the hell was that for?”

“Why kind of boyfriend are you, letting your own girlfriend take someone’s else’s fiancée’?”

“What are you talking about Tarn?”

“The reason why Ken’s gone missing is probably because of Chompoo!”

“How do you know that? They might not even be together right now?”

“Then why would Ken leave on his wedding day? If I find out that that girl is with Ken, she’s going to get it!”

“And what if she’s not with him?”

“I’m positive that she is.”

“And I’m positive that she’s not.”​