The Crocodile

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
Um...looks like Rhasmey Hang Meas will have their first movie starring you know who...Dropping in a vdo store near u December. 2005

I don't know but that girl's face annoys me...she is so everywhere...

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
Article credit to..TranslationGoogle

Kampuchea - Cinema -

Fishing with the crocodile leaves to the attack the screens

27-09-2005
Kampuchea Evening - If the crocodile is dangerous, the man is more still: it is on this idea that the new film of Mao Ayuth, realizer rests many full-length films in the Nineties and current Secretary of State to Information. First film produced by the company Ramsey Hang Meas, Nésat Krâpoe (literally, "Fishing with the crocodile") was born from the imagination from this realizer, director and scenario writer which took as a starting point a history that his/her father told him when it was six years old.
In 1948, under French protectorate, in Battambang, a father liberally nourished his son in only and single goal to use it one day like soft food to catch a crocodile. Mao Ayuth unrolled the wire of this murky story to build his scenario. "I told the history of the crocodile to friends, with the coffee, so that they give me councils", explains the realizer. Before writing the scenario, it also read a Khmer novel, Saturday evening, in which methods of capture of the crocodiles are reported. It also acknowledges to have taken as a starting point documentary animaliers. Turning lasted more than one year, Mao Ayuth, taken by his functions of Secretary of State, not being able to turn but the weekends.
To set up this film, the realizer was surrounded experienced people. Its assistant, Seng Sopheap, took in particular part in the realization of films of Norodom Sihanouk, and carried a care particular to the dialogues.

Mao Ayuth has also obtained the financial support of the company Ramsey Hang Meas, leader on the market of karaoké for twelve years, whose Fishing with the crocodile is the first cinematographic production. The company directed by Eng Chai Nguon imported material answering the international standards in order to be able to compete with the foreign productions. "I want that all the Kampuchean ones look at Khmer films, in order to save our cinema and to reduce the share of the foreign cinema", underlines In Nguon Wine storehouse, which hopes that the success of this first film will make it possible to finance others of them.

As regards actor, the production called upon Preap Sovath, high-speed motorboat number one of the song khmère, which plays there its first role with the cinema, and not any: that of the hero. The singer affirms much to have worked to look after his play and to contribute to the quality of film. "I recognize that it was not always easy, but the team of turning, and especially the director, encouraged me much and many councils brought to me. that thus did not pose large problems for me ", tells Preap Sovath.

Also appear in the casting a French, Pierre Olivieri, installed in Kampuchea since 1998. Mao Ayuth had spoken to him much about the his project and fishing story to the Crocodile to make a film of it. The realizer asked him to play the role of an inspector of province, at the time of French protectorate. "I am very satisfied to play in this film, underlines Pierre Olivieri. It is a very original work compared to others filmskhmers ". According to him, Nesat Krâpoe is able to compete with certain international productions, as well thanks to its technical qualities as with its contents.

Mao Ayuth hopes that its film will touch the public and will reconcile it with the Kampuchean cinema: "For me, monotony is the enemy one of the creator. I want to show that the Kampuchean ones are also qualified and can make different things ".

Ung Chamroeun

Sawina

sarNie Hatchling
ahahhah preap in a movie loosk interestinmg too i hope its as good.. ahhahah preap sovat acting ahhaah thats so funny im goign to give it a try.. thanks ahhaha so funny

Secrets

sarNie Hatchling
I can't wait to watch this! I really like Preap Sovath, I was hoping one day Hang Meas would make a movie and have him star in it, well what do you know!

Anyways, he looks nice and tone in the picture!

Twinky

sarNie Elites
Thanx bluemoon for sharing I can't to watch this I like Preab Sovat and that little boy I think they will both make a great actor

russe

sarNie Adult
I'm not sure, i just saw the preview and it looks like this is the first khmer movie that has under water scenes. what you guys think?

sarN

sarNie Granny
o no not the first !! lol i seen several before ! hahaha ! but o'man i want to see dis ! Preap Savth first movie cool!

ladytrosel

sarNie Egg
I thought the DVD for this movie was suppose to be out by Christmas, but I guess not. Anyone know when it'll come out? I sure wants to get a copy of it. :)

Nameless

N i n j a
It's called 'Near Sut Krabeur' aka The Crocodile. While I was in Cambodia, everyone was talking about it. The movie is actually being showed in Kampong Cham right now. Preap Sovath actually received an award for it and so did the movie itself. The dood is hecka popular there. My mom actually wanted to purchase the movie there, but it's not out yet because it's still showing. There was actually a cam version of it, and it was leaked but the cops found out and consficated it. lol.