The Contract: Chapter 04

TubbyTinker

You're Average Person :)

Summary:
To save her parents' home, impulsive yet sensitive photographer, Aline Rattanawech, goes money hunting, suggested by her friend to hook up with a rich man. But she never planned on running into a man who once broke her heart. Millionaire and former player, Shane Boonyarath doesn't believe in commitments and long lasting relationship but in order to inherit his family's company, he needs to have a wife and needs one fast. When he discovers Aline, his childhood friend/enemy is in need of money, he offers her a proposal. A marriage only in name, avoiding any sexual involvements, it was strictly business. Or at least they thought it would be that way.

--------------------------------------------------------

~~Inspired by Two Spirits' Love~~​

TubbyTinker

Chapter 01
 ​
Aline laid flat in her living room floor and stared up to the ceiling, stressing. She needed money or else her parents’ would have to end up selling their home. Her home in Thailand, the place where she grew up.  Being a part time photographer, the wage wasn’t going to cut it either.

“Aline, are you home?” Becky, her roommate, called out after walking through the door with some grocery bags.

“I’m right here.”

Becky walked towards the living room after seeing Aline’s hand raised up in the air. “What are you doing laying there?”

“I need a man.”

Becky took the grocery bags over to the kitchen and placed them on the counter, “Now you want to date? Why the change of heart?”

Aline sighed and got up and walked over to the kitchen, “I need a rich man, like fast. My mom called the other night and said we’re gonna lose the house by the end of the month if my dad doesn’t pay back the loan he took.”

“Why did you dad took out a loan?”

“To pay for my college tuition here. So all those five years I thought the money he’s been sending was from his job, it was actually loans he borrowed from his boss. If I had known sooner that it wasn’t his money but someone else’s, I wouldn’t have gone to college.”

“So you want to marry a rich man so he can pay for your dad’s debt?”

Aline nodded, “Not technically marry the guy but I need some money. My job isn’t gonna help much either. Know any guy with cash? God I sound like a gold digger.”

Becky took a sip of her red wine, “I’m actually gonna go out to have a few drinks with some of my co-workers later. Wanna come?”

“No thanks”, Aline said getting up from the chair, “I have to finish packing. I’m leaving for Thailand tomorrow evening.”

“Thailand? I thought you swore you were never going back?”

“I did but I have to go negotiate this whole loan thing with my dad’s boss. Maybe she’ll postpone the deadline until another month or so.”

Becky nodded slowly, “Hey, are Thai guys hot like those actors in those soap operas you’ve been watching on the internet?”

“I don’t know.”

“What about that one guy, forgot his name, you had a crush on him in junior high.”

Aline tensed up. She knew who Becky was referring to.

Becky threw her hands in the air, “My bad. Didn’t think you still have a grudge over him. Just out of curiosity though, ever since that day, have you seen him since? Like you know, try looking him up on Facebook and stuff?”

Aline kept silence and looked sideways, rubbing the back of her neck. Becky’s eyes beamed. She knew her friend too well to encode those nonverbal communication of rubbing the neck and staying silent.

“You did look him up didn’t you?!”

“Nooooo…”

Aline avoided her friend’s stare and walked towards her bedroom. Becky followed close behind.

“You’re lying, you did look him up. Why would you look him up anyways if you claim to hate him so much for breaking your heart and embarrassing you in front of the school?”

Aline paused and turned to look at her friend, “Okay, in my defense I only looked him up to see if he was still that jerk I knew back in middle school.”

“So is he?”

Aline crossed her arms and sat on the edge of her bed, “He’s a successful business man now, who’s soon to take over his family’s mega corporation after his dad retires.”

“So he’s rich?”

Aline nodded and looked at her friend. Becky had on a mischievous smile.

“Oh no. I know that smile and I know what you’re thinking Becky.”

“What? He’s rich and you need money. You know what you should do when you go back to Thailand? Look for him, seduce him, and get him to fall for you. Marry him, divorce his ass later but make sure you get a prenup. Then reveal who you really are. Oh sweet revenge!"

“Becky you’re being ridiculous! Maybe I’m showing you too much of Thai lakorns. First of all, I was only joking about finding a rich man. And second, if I were to actually seduce him, it wouldn’t work. He didn’t like me then, he wouldn’t like me now.”

“You don’t know that. You’re not the same person you were ten years ago.”

Aline ignored her friend and began packing. Seduce Shane? Aline couldn’t possibly picture her doing that to Shane or any guy for that matter. When it comes to relationship and being intimate, Aline would be the last in line. As she was folding her clothes, she remembers her last date she had with a guy from college. They just go back from a date and he was leaning towards her to give her a kiss but she stumbled and fell on her butt. He felt like such an idiot after that.

“Okay maybe you don’t have to seduce him but didn’t you say your parents knew his family? I mean you were friends with his sister right?”

Aline stopped to open her laptop and went on Facebook and looked through her list of friends.

“What are you doing?” Becky asked.

“You just gave me an idea.”

“So you’re gonna ask him for help?

Aline shook her head as she clicked on the name Amina Boonyarath to message. “Nope but I know who might.”

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Beautiful cover na Thip!!  ChadaOh feels are strong~~~~  Plot sounds interesting too.

TubbyTinker

Chapter 02

Boonyarath's Corporation was going to be Shane, if, and only if he gets married. That was a big problem for Shane because he didn't believe in long lasting love, marriage, and a family. It made no sense to him. Working hard to accomplish a goal was what he believed in. Creating buildings that were strong but yet beautiful. That feeling of an accomplishment when the final piece was done. That's what he craved for.

Shane turned on the treadmill and began jogging and doing his morning routine. He adjusted the speed as his thoughts became to swirled. He understood his father's intentions but he thought it was ironic how his father was the one preaching about marriage and family. Shane's parents divorced when he was really young and unlike his sister who was too young to remember anything, Shane witnessed everything. The constant fights and the arguments about money and emotions was just too chaotic. His father, Arthit, was too focused on the company that he didn't have time for his wife. And when his father couldn't provide the needs she wanted, she got it from some place else. And eventually left the family. 

When his Shane's father had first told Shane he was resigning as CEO and  passing the company down to him, Shane was thrilled. He had so many new ideas to push the company forward, until last week when his father told him the news. In order to inherit Boonyarath's Corporation full shares, he had to get married. The marriage must at least last a full year to any woman of his choice. A prenuptial agreement is allowed. If Shane refuses to follow his father's wishes, he was to only get 50 percent of the company's shares and the balance will be split among the board members.

"You've got to be kidding me." Shane told his father after hearing the not so great news. "I practically worked my ass off to prove to you that I am capable of managing this company and obviously you agree or else you wouldn't give me this proposition. But why do I have to get married first? What does that have to do with this?"

"Shane, there's a reason why I'm resigning. I'm getting old and sooner or later I'm gonna die. And before I die, not only do I want to see you be successful in your career but also your personal life. Believe it or not, you're the only one I'm concern about because your sister is already got her life straight and planned out already.

Shane rolled his eyes hearing his father mentioning about his sister, Amina. Although Shane was successful and actually followed in his father's footstep and going into business while his sister made it clear she wanted nothing to do with the family's business, his father is always comparing his personal life to hers.

"Look, I don't even know why you're upset about me wanting you to get married. I'm not telling you to get married by tomorrow. Aren't you and Jan dating anyways?"

​Shane gave an unsure shrug, "We're not dating...now."

"So you guys broke up."

Shane nodded.

​"Gee, I wonder why.." Arthit said sarcastically.

"Dad..."

"What? It's obvious the girl was in love with you and wanted more out of the relationship but you couldn't give her that. Shane, you cannot let what happened to your mother and I define how your relationship will be like."

"That's not the only reason..."

"What else is the reason then?"

"It's just--"

"Knock knock" A young woman peaked through the door, with a smile on her face. A smile Arthit had always admired. "Am I interrupting?"

"Oh Mina, no no, come on in sweetie." Arthit gestured his daughter to come in. "What brings you here?"

"Well, P'Shane and I are going to have lunch, hopefully you didn't forget?"  She eyed her brother.

"Of course not."

"Dad do you want to join us?"

"I would love to but I have to go over some papers before our next meeting next week. You two go ahead."

"Okay then."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Shane looked over his menu and saw that his sister was acting  a bit strange. Since he was younger, he and Amina share a close relationship since his father was always working so he became like her second dad. He knew her inside and out and her fiance' actually had to ask Shane for Amina's hand in marriage.

"What's with that look on your face?" Shane finally asked.

Amina looked up from her menu, "What look?"

"That look when you know something but refuse to tell me."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You sure?"

Amina nodded, "I'm sure..."

"Okay...."

Shane continued to look through the menu and while he did, Amina was hesitating whether to tell her brother that Aline was in town. Aline, Shane, and Amina were childhood friends who lived few houses down from each other. Shane and Amina would always go over to hang out at Aline's house after school until their father would come home from work.

"Actually....there is something I want to tell you but I'm not sure if it's gonna be good news or bad news to you."

Shane closed his menu and set his focused on his sister, "Well why don't you tell me and I'll decide for myself if it's good news or bad news. Hopefully it's not good news and bad news because I already got enough of that from dad earlier."

"Why what happened?"

"Dad decided he's going to give me his shares to the company which means I'll have full control."

"Oh my god! That's awesome!"

"Yeah but there's a catch..."

"What's that?"

"I have to get married first."

"What?!"

"I know!"

Amina shook her head to the idea of her brother getting married. She knew her brother was not the commitment type and was a straight up player. Or former one as he claimed.

"So when did he say you actually have to get married?"

"Oh there's no date. I mean I can get married in 10 years if I wanted but the thing is, the longer I put this marriage on hold, the longer it'll take for me to become CEO. And you know how much I want and is committed to this job. I can push the business to a whole new level. And God forbid if anything was to happen to dad, I still can't get the full share because he already made a statement in his will stating I have to get married first."

"Wow...seems like dad really wants you to settle down. He probably got tired of seeing you with different women every family occasion. So what's your plan?"

Shane shrugged, "I have no idea."

"I might have a suggestion. It kinda has to do with what I wanted to tell you earlier too."

"What?"

"Remember Aline?"

"Aline?....Your friend who confessed her love for me?"

"Yeah...which by the way was so mean what you did to her!"

"Hey! I didn't like her in that way and she took me by surprise. But what about her? Why did you mention her?"

"She's in town because her parents owe a big chunk of money and she asked me this morning if I can lend her some."

"And what did you say?"

"I wanted to help her but all of my savings went to preparing my wedding and I couldn't borrow money from the company either. So I was wondering if you can lend her a few."

Shane leaned back against the chair and crossed his arms, "And why would I do that?"

Amina leaned forward and gave a smirk, "Because she's going to be your wife."

"Come again."

"It's a brilliant idea isn't it? I was thinking if you want to get dad's shares of the company, marry Aline. You told him that you and P'Jan broke up right?"

"I did but he's gonna wonder when and where Aline and I met because didn't she move to New York?"

Amina sighed in frustration, "P'Shane, there's a thing called long distance relationship now where you can talk via Skype,  Facetime, Facebook, whatever! You can make something up to tell dad."

"So what you're saying is hire Aline as a decoy to be my wife for a year and get a divorce just so I can be CEO of Boonyarath's Corporation."

Amina nodded in excitement.

"That's a stupid idea."

"Well fine then. I thought it would be a good idea since you didn't have to do much introducing since you both knew each other. She's someone you can trust."

A young man walked towards the table with a notepad and pen in his hand, "Are you guys ready to order?"

"Yes/No." Amina and Shane said in unison.

"So is that a yes or no?" the guy asked.

Shane turned to look at the waiter, "We'll let you know when we are."

The boy nodded before walking away.

"What did she say about this idea of yours?"

" I haven't told her yet. I was hoping you'd be okay with the idea first then tell her later but--."

"How much is the debt?"

Amina shrugged, "She didn't tell the exact price but I know that her photography job isn't enough."

"She's a photographer?"

"Yep and she's also gonna shoot my pre-wedding this Saturday. Do you want to meet her? She's changed so much since the last time you saw her." Amina looked around for the waiter to order their food and as Amina was ordering, Shane sat there rethinking of what Amina told him earlier. It this plan was to happen, Aline can be indeed be trusted. She wasn't a complete stranger and he had so much gratitude for her parents for taking care of him and Amina when they were younger as well. If there was anything he can do to help, he would.

"So....where is this photo shoot going to happen at?"

sarN

sarNie Granny
What! I haven't read it yet but dang , I was gone a while and Tubby write fiction now lolll ^^^ will see what in ur mind in a minute then

sarN

sarNie Granny
So good so far^^ does this mean you will write a rated r scene ? Can't wait !

TubbyTinker

sarN said:
So good so far^^ does this mean you will write a rated r scene ? Can't wait !

well lol I dont know about that bc I've never written any Rated R scenes hahaha but we'll see how story goes

lakornsrok

sarNie Adult
OMGGG!!! I am loving it soo far Thip!! Gahhhh I just want them to be together already heheh yay it seems like Shane going to go with the deal ahhh Shane what a hot name for Mario!! And I just wanted to check Mint's character name is Aline so pronounced (Aleen) or just what it is a line?? Can't wait for more though Thip!! Keep them coming girl this keeping me sane heheh  :woot2:

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
UHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MORE PLEASE....

AHHHH HEHE I'm all getting butterflies here because I can visualize everything in my head !!!

Lyly_isthebest

sarNie Adult
Yes!!!! Finally my obsession can continue <3
Keep up the good work author !
I believe u can feed my obsession with upcoming sweet scenes ;)

TubbyTinker

Chapter 03

Aline glanced around Ko Chang, satisfied with the setup for Amina and her fiancé pre-wedding photoshoot. Amina had told Aline that her and her fiancé, Kawin, had met here on the island and where he had proposed to her. Aline wanted to recreate that atmosphere again and use it as their theme for the pre-wedding shoot.

Photography was always Amina’s passion in life, to capture that right moment and display it to have people guess the emotions and story behind the portrait. And when they guessed wrong, she would be thrilled to correct them and go on and on about the emotions.
Aline waved as she saw Amina & Kawin stepped out of the van and headed towards her.

“The setup looks amazing Aline!” Amina smiled excitedly and gave her friend an embrace.

“Thanks. When you emailed me of the details where you guys met and went on for your first date, where he proposed, I wanted to recreate that moment here again.”

Amina took Kawin’s hand, “Aline, this is my fiancé Kawin. Win this is Aline, my childhood friend I’ve told you about.”

Aline and Kawin both exchanged handshakes, “It’s nice to meet you Khun Aline.”

“You too but please, call me just Aline. Adding the word ‘khun’ to it seems awkward somehow.”

Kawin chuckled lightly, “Okay, Aline. Thank you for shooting us. We’ve looked through you portfolio and you have some amazing work.”

“Thank you. Well hair and makeup is under that booth over there. Why don’t you guys go get ready? I’m going to go do some test on the lighting down by the beach. ”

Aline glanced at her friend who’s gaze was wandering elsewhere.

“Mina, what are you looking at?”

Amina quickly looked back at her friend, “Nothing. I was just looking around.”

Amina hadn’t told her friend yet that Shane was visiting the set—visiting her.

“Well you better go get ready. I want to take 2 of the 3 sets before sun goes down today.”

Amina nodded and hurried to catch up with Kawin.
-----------------------------------------------------
Shane had watched Aline from the palm tree as she was testing her lens. He was surprise to see how much she had grown over the years and how matured she looked. No more of the bubbly little girl with a skinny pony tail and braces. Now it was long luscious hair flowing beneath her shoulders. A smile he thought would change any bad day into a good day. He decided to go along with his sister’s idea and hire Aline as his decoy wife for a year. Although he lost contact with her over the years but she was still Amina’s childhood friend so she could be trusted.

Shane took a deep long breath before marching over to where Aline was taking shots of little kids building sand castles.

“Haven’t seen you in a while.”

Aline paused at the sound of the voice. It had a sense of familiarity but she couldn’t quite recognize it. She slowly turned around and for a second couldn’t believe what was in front of her. Or who. Shane Boonyarath, the guy who she professed her love to as a teenage girl was standing right in front of her. Those dark brown eyes, pale white skin, and a tint of rosy lips, were still a part of his features she adored.

“Shane…” she whispered under her breath.

“Well at least you still remember my name.”

“Even if I wanted to, I couldn’t forget” Aline thought to herself, rolling her eyes.

“Mina told me you were going to be her photographer so I figured I’d stop by to see how you are.”

Aline stood there silent, switching weight on her foot against the sand.

“So how are you?” Shane gave her a neutral smile like he would give to any of his clients on their first encounter.

“Fine. You?”

“Good.”

They studied each other for a few moments and the silence started to become awkward. She tucked pieces of her hair behind her ear, something Aline did when she became nervous. “How’s your dad doing?” she asked, breaking the silence.

“He’s well. I bet he’ll be happy to see you if he knew you were in town.”

“Yeah, I’ll try to find time to pay him a visit soon.”

“How long will you be in town anyways?”

“Uh…probably 2 weeks the most. I have to take care of some things for my parents.”

“About the loan he took?”

“How did y--- Amina told you of course?”

“I can help, you know.”

“Thank you but no thanks.”

Aline started to turn around and walked away. Shane followed behind.

“Why not? You asked to borrow money from Mina but you wouldn’t take my offer? I respect your parents like they are my own. I want to help. Ae…”

Aline quickly turned around, “I prefer you call me by my official name, Aline. We’re not close anymore for you to call me by Ae.”

“Sorry…”

“Look, The reason why I asked Amina was because we’re friends.”

“What am I?”

Aline shrugged, “Thank you for your generosity but this is a family matter. I don’t want to owe you back any money.”

“You don’t have to pay me back with money.”

Aline narrowed her eyes. “What do you mean?”

“You know well that there’s nothing a person would do without getting something in return. I help you, you’ll help me. I think it’s fair.”

“And what can a woman like me do for a man like you?”

Shane slowly took a few steps forward that his face was inches away from Aline. “Become my wife. Marry me.”

Aline found herself mesmerized by his deep soulful dark brown eyes and the words that slipped out of his mouth. She always pictured marrying Shane Boonyarath as a little girl. He was all she ever wanted. She imagined her wedding to be grand somewhere out in nature. Flower petals spread across the aisle as she walks arm in arm with her father. Exchanging vows and saying their I Dos. That sentimental kiss….

“So? What do you say?”

Shane’s question immediately brushed away her imaginative thought. She then realized how close he was to her face and gently pushed him away. “No! You can’t do this. Why are you doing this?”

“Because I need a wife. The sooner, the better. My dad will give his shares to me if I get married. I need that share, I want it.”

“So basically you want to marry me because of business purposes?”

“Yeah, pretty much. Look, it’ll only be for a year. You can even get a prenup if you want.”

Aline shook her head in disbelief, “You know what Shane, I thought puberty would at least change your jerk ways but it seems like it didn’t.”

“Call me whatever you want but—“

Sawan, a PR assistant interrupted them. “Khun Aline, the bride and groom are ready for their shoot.”

“Okay, I’m coming.” Aline turned her focus back on Shane.

“At least think about it, please. I really need the position.”

“Need or want? There’s a difference.”

Shane rolled his eyes. He hated when people corrected his intentions. “Want. I want the position as CEO. And I want you to be my wife.”
“Look, I need to get to work. Can we talk about this later?”

A grin crept at the corner of Shane’s mouth, “I’ll take that as a maybe yes, you’ll marry me.”

Aline opened her mouth to say something but decided not to. She just shook her head and headed back to set. Shane gave a little smile and followed behind.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It was past 6p.m. and Aline had finished taking the last set of photos, right before the sun went down. As she was saying goodbye to Amina and Kawin, she spotted Shane sitting waiting for her in his car. He gestured his head for her to come towards him.

“You’re not gonna give up are you?” Aline asked when she reached his car.

Shane shook his head and opened the door, “Get in.”

Aline got in and turned to look at Shane, trying to read his expression.

“What?”

“Can I ask you something?”

Shane nodded, “Sure.”

“Why me? Why did you ask me to marry you instead of someone else? Aren’t you dating someone?”

“I was but we broke up.”

“Why?”

“Uh none of your business.” Shane snapped.

“Gosh sorry.”

“It’s because I know I can trust you. If you decide to marry me, I know you’re only doing this for money and nothing else. While if I ask some random woman or even my ex, they’ll want more from me.”

“Like what?”

Shane kept his eyes ahead, feeling tensed at the word he was about to say. “Commitment. That’s what all the women want. And since this is strictly for business purposes, I’d like to have a no strings attached relationship. I thought you’re the best candidate for that.”

“Um, thanks?”

Shane switched his focus to Aline, “You’re not attracted to me so you wouldn’t want to have sex with me. Unless……you still have that crush on me?

For a moment, heat flushed over her face of embarrassment. Her eyes shifter away from his eyes to his lips. Aline flashed back to when her and Shane shared their first kiss. She was sixteen at the time. The touch of his mouth on hers, making her weak. His soft touch on her bare shoulders.
She shook off that memory and focused on the present. “You wish.”

“Why don’t I believe that?”

She knew that was slightly a lie. Even though he was a jerk when they were kids and still is, she couldn’t help but still find him attractive. Aline hated that.

“I’ll tell you what. I’ll take the deal just to prove to you, I’m not attracted to you and that even if you were to strip naked in front of me, I won’t have the urge to want to have sex with you.”

“Alright. I guess we’ll have to see. But are you saying I can strip in front of you?"

“Do whatever. I'm not gonna have sex with you."

"Alright, we'll see."

"I guess so."

--------------------------------

@pajai: I pronounce it as Alin (the "e" is silent)

lakornsrok

sarNie Adult
ohh gosh Thip!!! Another cliff hanger hehe why did I blush when their face soo close to each other goosssh Shane is a real jerk but he soo hot too. omggg ahah I see some skinship later on heheh especially bed scenes!! ahhhh can't wait for the next one!! Loving it so far Thip!! I love how it's moving soo fast woohoo soon they going to be in bed hahah  :woot: