The Anime/Manga Thread

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
I LOVELOVE Hao's Castle<3. I just got into anime movie/dramas this year! LOl. That's my favorite along w/ Grave of the fireflies & AIR! I haven't finished watching AIR yet though but it's such a sweet cute drama! LOVE IT.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
im finally back to watching anime again... after a year n a half..

lol.. all because of naruto and bleach again.. i remember i stopped because i was tired of waiting each week but argh since im caught up imma have to wait again.. but i got spare time to watch new ones hehe..

im so happy there is gonna be more of inuyasha!!!!

jeeja

Miss SMILES :D
I love Full Moon, I forgot the whole title though. This manga was cute, it is kinda a little kid book, but I love it. Any recommendation for good manga?

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
full moon wo sagashite ^_^.. i agree it was a kute one.

have you seen ouran high school host club? i remember when it first came out.. i was so addicted ^_^

Romeo

sarNie Egg
I recommend Skip Beat.​

The story of Skip Beat! is about Kyoko Mogami, a wistful yet cheery sixteen year-old girl who loves her childhood friend, Shotaro, but is cruelly betrayed and thus seeks revenge against him. She used to spend a lot of time at Shotaro's parents' inn and learned a lot about housekeeping, hostelry, and other stereotypically correct feminine jobs (sewing, cooking, serving tea traditionally, etc.). Shotaro, not wishing to take over his parents' inn, becomes bored of living in Kyoto and decides to move to Tokyo to pursue a career in music. Sho, as he is called by his fans, asks Kyoko to leave high school in Kyoto Prefecture and her life behind to help him. Upon arrival in Tokyo, Kyoko lives an unreasonably frugal life, spending nothing on herself and doing whatever she can for Sho, who is ranked seventh in the top twenty most popular entertainers of Japan. It appears that Shotaro never helps with the cost of food, apartment, or necessary products. However, one day as she brings him his lunch at a company building, she overhears Sho complaining about her to his manager, saying that she is a boring and plain girl that he'd like to be rid of, proceeding to sweet-talk and flirt with his manager, whereas he hadn't even put his arm around Kyoko in her life. Unlike other heroines in the same situation, Kyoko doesn't shed many tears when she learns that Sho thinks she's only good for housekeeping. Instead, her "Pandora's box" opens and she vows vengeance on Shotaro. Enraged, Kyoko attempts to attack Sho, but is instantly carried off by security. Sho mockingly tells her that if she wants revenge, she had better become a bigger star than him. And so Kyoko, vowing revenge, changed her appearance and started to enter the entertainment business. Little did she know that her journey will not go as smooth as she thought. Skip Beat follows Kyoko's journey to climb the showbiz ladder as she meets interesting people along the way, all in the hopes of revenge and finding herself in the end.

Watch here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Skip_Be...Beat!/media

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
i just finished watching skip beat.. wahhh.. i cant wait for the next season.. i hope there is one T_T.. i so have to catch up on the reading..

rite now im currently watchin saiunkoku monogatari.. i remember watching it when it first came out.. but then i 4got about it since i stopped watchin anime.. but here i am back again lol... it took me forever to remember it lol..

im also watching ayashi no ceres.. i super love yuu watase ever since fushigi yugi.. i love her manga/animes ^_^..

hmmm.. it's so hard for me to watch animes these days since i can't find a good story.. arhg.. that's wat i hate about myself lol..

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
aiyah..... so i finally caught up with the manga on skip beat!! darn.. im gonna have to keep waiting!! eek.. i love skip beat!! i really hope there will be a second season soon.. eek!!

oh yea.. and i caught up with the final episodes for inuyasha.. sigh i was a bit dissapointed since there wasn't much sesshomaru in there darn! lol.. and wow.. i wouldn't have thought that would be how it'll end.. i still have to watch the last episode.. sigh.. everything is coming to an end T_T <-- even though i read the ending for inuyasha already lol..

hmm i havent been keeping up with bleach lately.. im not sure why.. im barely on like ep 115? somewhere along there.. but at least i wont have to keep on waiting until i finally catch up..

let's see.. of course im updated on naruto.. but it seems to be draggin a bit lately.. hmm.. but oh well i still love it! XD

.. ahhh and i happened to watch the first episode of kaichou wa maid-sama .. eeek im addicted already.. i shall start reading the manga now.. i guess it was just turned to anime hehe....

and i know that bride of the water god is a korean manhwa but oh man.. it's confusing but interesting at the same time.. but darn like usual.. im going to have to wait for the scans and updates.. sigh...

want any other recommendations? i got LOTS! since im back to anime/manga again hehe..

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
i am so addicted to kaichou wa maid sama!!! USUI TAKUMI IS SO FREAKEN CUTE & SEXY!!! I JUST TOTALLY LOVE HIS CHARACTER AHAHA XD..

i've been readin some mangas here n there.. i'm currently addicted to some korean manhwas.. such as Idol Shopping & Goong(I've decided to read it to see wat the drama changed...) ..

i've been readin so many right now that i can't even name them.. hehe..

edit.. i'm also watching kimi ni todoke ...

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
ok.. so i just happened to read a one shot by one of my favorite mangaka Nakamura Yoshiki called DRAMATIC LOVE ALBUM..

oh my golly gee!!.. i super love skip beat.. & to stumble on DRAMATIC LOVE ALBUM.. it gave me such a different vibe.. *cough* anyways.. i super love that one shot.. darn i wish it could've been longer... i super loved it!! i love the way how the mangaka draws.. seriously!!

*cough* the ending to that one shot is a plus-ish hehe.. lol..

now i'm expecting a lot of stuff for skip beat.. esp for ren & kyoko.. ehehhe.. but i don't know if any of the guys will be that daring like the guy in DRAMATIC LOVE ALBUM.. oh gee.. im still excited from the manga lol...... darn..

ANYWAYS.. IT'S A SHORT ONE SHOT THAT IS DEFINITELY WORTH READING....

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
im finally back into an anime phase again-ish hehe..

im currently addicted to hikaru no go.. im also watching full metal alchemist again-ish but i keep losing my place argh.. so im starting that over as well... ahahaha.. erm.. im also watching kimi no todoke a bit... it seems slow-ish but i'll try to continue it..

argh!!! so much mangas are being licensed noooo... it's so hard to find my fav mangas now.. T_T.. gotta keep searching to find the rests.. argh...

`HuNnY`

sarNie Hatchling
any good reccomendations? any genre. Ive seen alot of the listed, and i just finished pandora hearts last month, it was such a good anime! the story and twist, and characters were cute, just loved gil and alice, and break, such funny characters. and its alice in wonderland concept was pretty cool.

myx

sArNieZ
hana kimi, skip beat, magic touch, tail of the moon, legend, ultra maniac, initial d, pig bride