Thanksgiving Dinner Thread

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
no thanksgiving in france. but tomorrow, i'll eat:
salmon, salade (vegetable), strawsberry cake, pepsi, ice cream lemon, french ham, cheese and more :lol:
i'm joking, i'm on diet for christmas :lmao:

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
my sisters, me, and a bunch of friends are going to spend our thanksgiving and the rest of the weekend at the cabin in north georgia.

we all are bringing a dish.

My sisters and I are taking the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans and corn.

Everyone else is taking mac & cheese, potato salad, desserts, dressing, etc....

will post pictures in the pictures of your meal thread when i get back.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
yes jane, post picture, i want to :drool:

darvil

sarNie Adult
My family always go to an expensive local place to eat. Its really traditional thanksgiving food and is too expensive for my taste. But since I'm not paying for it, I'm not going to complain. Would much prefer to go eat Chinese although ham+gravy is excellent. I have to say though, the environment sucks. There's only really old people at that place. I'm talking 50+ people since only retirees with money go eat there. Too damn old fashion for me.

Then after food I'm off to work.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
urmm why u dissing on seniors ... o_O when u aren't to far from them? LOL rawr.. i finally got cooking a few hours ago lmao. and waiting to start the sides soon so photos will be avail ^__^ later woOt woOt only a few dishes this year since im still settling into the new place cant find my cooking utensils lol

I'M BACK IN SO CAL! i'm ecstatic to see all my family again...and my bf is with me and having dinner with my family this year...so it's good...:)

so this evening we're having:

- mashed potatoes w/ gravy
- baked potatoes w/ sour cream
- roasted chicken
- honey baked ham
- garlic bread
- corn
- salad
- pumpkin pie w/ whipped cream
- dutch apple pie w/ whipped cream
- wine
- cidar

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
Omg, it was embarrassing kind of. Rice is like the main food for Hmongs.
So yeah. When we had our feast at my house, we didn't expect a lot of
people to come so we didn't prepare enough rice. So my mom made me
starve while everyone ate. I was going partying afterwards anyway so I
was over-excited and ended not eating till the next day at work.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Ugh I was so tired I totally forgot to take pictures! suxors! LOL But we over cooked dude.. I barely cleaned our fridge of leftovers today because I was so busy friday and saturday but we had..

2 Turkey's
Macaroni & Cheese
Dinner Rolls
Mashed Potato's (4 Different Kinds) - Plain Mashed Potato's, Rosemary & Basil Leave Flavored Mashed Potato's, Mashed Potato's Mixed with Corn, Onion's, & Stuffing, Sour Cream & Garlic Flavored Mashed Potato's

Stuffing (2 Different Types) - Stuffing With Mushroom's, Celery, and Some Herb's,/ Stuffing with Mushroom's and Corn

Corn

Potato Scallops (2 Different Kinds) - Regular Cheddar Potato Scallops, Potato Scallops with Ground Beef & Cheddar

Green Bean Casserole
Broccoli & Cheese W/ Ground Beef
Brown & White Gravy
Rice (Regular Asian Rice & Spanish Rice)
Tamale's
Lard Narh
Yum Seafood

Edit: I Forgot the Garlic Roast Chicken

Desert:

Chocolate Pudding
Pumpkin Pie
Boston Cream Pie
Tres Leches Cake (Milk Cake)
Ice Cream

Yes my family was being fat this Thanksgiving the sad thing is I was tired to death because I cooked almost everything.. I was running back and forth around the kitchen like a chicken with it's head chopped off.... luckily I had some help from Tim near the end ... We over cooked horribly ... but it was worth it .. LOL because we ate til like 3 am hahah cause we stayed up watching movies also and got hungry every now and then and we wanted to show my sister's boyfriend (He's hispanic) a good thanksgiving with our family ..... explains some of the mexican dishe's.. hahah it was a pretty good week ...... he's like tim's new friend now even though he's 17 and tim is like 22 .. for a kid his age very mature and generous ...

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Tina.. your menue sounds so delicious. POst up some pics. I'm so in the mood to drool, but sick of looking at celebrities, I'd rather drool over food. :D

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Girl I totally forgot to take pictures as you can tell the menu was long as heck of course I was so tired by the end of cooking :loool: the funny thing is after we all ate and stuff I wanted to cry because I remembered creating this thread and looking at the food on the table I was like NOOOOOOOOO! my foot was all hurting the hubby had to massage my foot.. he was like deng woman your ankle's are swollen as heck what the heck you packing on you lmao. I was like is that a fat joke? lmao. he was like no.. well yes.. all that food u ate .. and i ate of course our ankle' be swole.. I was like ghetto arse lol ... but im was so sad i didn't get to take my pictures TT.TT cause the entire time I was cooking it was the only thing I was thinking about doing "like i cant wait till this all gets done so I could take the pictures.." but when it was done I was thinking "YES FINALLY I AM SO FREAKING HUNGRY!" and Boom there goes the photos :loool: Next time I won't over cook ugh. I was expecting more people but some family members canceled at the last minute because they couldn't make it into town due to inability to buy plane tickets on time darned procrastinator.. and the dumb stuff is they called us that same morning of thanksgiving, "oh i can't make it because I couldn't buy a ticket" I was like what the freak?! lol all that food I planned to cook.. I was like oh well im cook it anyways because i spent money buying it and im gonna put it to use .. (not occuring in my mind that I could have saved some of the ingredients to make dishe's another day lol) sighhhhh!

Sorry just had to vent that out a bit lol

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
aww.. don't worry about it then Tina.. lol.. you know what? I forgot to take a pic of my feast until my plate was half empty. Seems like you made your family happy though with all the cooking and stuff.

Sreymao

sarNie Adult
We have Thanksgiving @ my bro's lots of food diiferent kind too. My oldest sis on law is Viet so some viet food my husband mom made some filipino food for me to bring over I made some also its was the BEst to bad I can't get drunk hehe... but the BEst part was all the us gals, me, my sister in law and some friends are were watching KOMFeak(Khmer dubbed gotta do a lil' translation for my viet sis)) while all the guys getting drunk and playin cards hehe... we were soo hook we all stayed up and finish it in 2 nights lolz... everybody is havin crush Cee :p