Thailand's Political Crisis

Anybody knows the details regarding this issue?
I've seen most Thai daras posting political related stuff on IG but since I can't ready Thai, my best bet is CNN. Seems like Thailand is in turmoil right now. Anyone knows what happened? How this stuff began?

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
It's just like any other political issue. Fight for power etc.
They've had this situation before.
From what I gather, the different political parties are trying to overthrow one another.
Some people agree with the current gov. some doesn't, that sort of thing.

SokLaHote

sarNie Adult
I don't see anything on American news about it. I do see it on the BBC World News. I was curious too so I just Googled it.

Alice

sarNie Tombstone
thatsouthernasianchick said:
So, who got overthrown? I know Yinglak Shinawatra is the Prime Minister. Are they trying to overthrow her?
its the crisis between the RED shirt side is Yinglak and Yellow side is the KING the bad opposition leader who wanted to rule over Thailand by doing anything to dumped overthrow the current primeminister good people are the RED side they are close and friendly with Cambodia while the Yellow are haters they wanted everything from owner land and belongings 
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-11/un-court-awards-flashpoint-border-temple-area-to-cambodia/5084504
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/World-Court-rules-for-Thailand-and-Cambodia-to-ado-30219294.html

Alice said:
its the crisis between the RED shirt side is Yinglak and Yellow side is the KING the bad opposition leader who wanted to rule over Thailand by doing anything to dumped overthrow the current primeminister good people are the RED side they are close and friendly with Cambodia while the Yellow are haters they wanted everything from owner land and belongings 
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-11/un-court-awards-flashpoint-border-temple-area-to-cambodia/5084504
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/World-Court-rules-for-Thailand-and-Cambodia-to-ado-30219294.html
Oh, thanks for clarifying.

SonYukView4ever

♥OFFICIAL MARK PRIN STALKER♥
damn this makes me not want to go to Thailand anytime soon. Where is this happening??? In BKK or everywhere??? I hope no civilian dies.

DaisyDukes* said:
damn this makes me not want to go to Thailand anytime soon. Where is this happening??? In BKK or everywhere??? I hope no civilian dies.

The hub of the protests is in Bangkok, because those protesting are those who are on His Majesty's side -- the upper middle class and urban elite.  Yingluck's supporters have always been the rural and poor because the shinawat family have a history of giving handouts to them.  Last known, four people died but that was before yingluck gave in and agreed to have a democratic election in February; she'll only be the "caretaker" of the position until then.

Alice

sarNie Tombstone
DaisyDukes* said:
you know now Thailand has lost alot of tourist going for a holiday cos of this politics wars even their Airlines travellers has decrease also they use to be popular now they are under rated 
popular are Malaysian Airline and Singapore Airline 

Alice

sarNie Tombstone
nkaujhmoob527 said:
this is so crazy and confusing, so yingluck is red side?? i thought she would be for the king??

the royal is yellow i kNow, but then what about the gov't?? are they red or yellow??? suthep is red??
that Suthep man his the yellow, the good side are the red not the yellow those King's Protest side doing this to throw down YingLuck prime minister duty cos they hated Taksin the brother they 
backlash the two siblings kicking them out of Thailand since the RED's they are good friends with Cambodia which the Yellow shirt the King side they are haters its also include 
racism 

dertaajaf

sarNie Adult
visited thailand a couple weeks ago, well kinda terrified with the news since there were some people dead and also got annoyed since our family had to stay in a hotel far from downtown but from what I saw, the supporters for one of the party were being solicitous when they passed the street, I even photographed the event ;p

noydarny

sarNie Adult
Lol, it's confusing period. No one want to work together and all about who going to have the most power in the country. Not really about the people who live in the country.

mizbabeblugem

sarNie Egg
Hmm. I'm going to Thailand in a couple of days and I hope nothing goes wrong. My family is being paranoid right now. I've read that if I'm cautious of where I go and avoid large gatherings, I should be fine. Any other helpful hints?

So...now I have to do a research paper on this topic. I know the complicated stuff but I have one dumb question:
- Is the Thai government, that is the King's supporters, siding with Yinglak and Thaksin, or no?
As far as I know, Red Shirts are supportive of Yinglak and Thaksin, whereas the middle and upper class are not. That's what confuses with me. Who's with the King and who's not?