Thai lakorn with super obsessed pek

kulyia

RUK
Tam Hua Jai Pai Sood Lah *Willy and *Mew (I cant really remember but i remember he captured her and forced her to marry him.. In my mind he was obsessive lol)

Dome Torng *Saranyu and *Nampeung

And this other lakorn from the 90s similar to Tam Hua Jai Pai Sood Lah. The pra'ek is the leader of this place *it looked like a cabin village/plaza lol* and he captured nang'ek*from the city* to be his prisoner. Pra'ek and his people are always dressed in black lol. i never finished this movie but he was damn obsessed with her lol

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Tam Hua Jai Pai Sood Lah *Willy and *Mew (I cant really remember but i remember he captured her and forced her to marry him.. In my mind he was obsessive lol)

Dome Torng *Saranyu and *Nampeung

And this other lakorn from the 90s similar to Tam Hua Jai Pai Sood Lah. The pra'ek is the leader of this place *it looked like a cabin village/plaza lol* and he captured nang'ek*from the city* to be his prisoner. Pra'ek and his people are always dressed in black lol. i never finished this movie but he was damn obsessed with her lol
I believe you must be talking about this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0W833MoreE

One of my favorites. Still waiting for a remake.

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
I haven't watched GRGR yet since I'm waiting for all of it to air, but it looks sooo good. For those who are watching it, how's the p'ek's obsession level for his n'ek? Does the lakorn mix his aggression and vulnerability perfectly so that it's obvious he really loves her like in JLR and SB? Hope it doesn't pull a "he has to marry evil girl out of duty" or "leave the n'ek for her own good" kind of plotline at the end. I hope he never lets her go and would want to be with her no matter what.

By the way, tho it's not Thai, you guys should watch the new Kdrama, "Flower Boy Ramyun Shop," cause it's got a really obsessed male lead. What's esp. hilarious is the fact that he's completely oblivious to what he's "feeling" -he equates his obsessive/lovesick state to an "illness" caused by the h. His personality's kind of warped in that he's very stuck-up/self-centered with NO sense of right or wrong. I love that his personality doesn't change after falling for the h, only he's determined to stick around the h as much as possible in order to "cure" himself of said "ailment." I've seen about 8 episodes and am waiting for the rest to air before continuing. The first 2 episodes are sort of disjointed and meh (tho the leads have a lot of chemistry), but then it suddenly gets so good/addicting -so hang in there. I also find the h so adorable and started really liking her after the first 2 weird episodes -she was totally not what I expected in a good way. Check it out if you want to watch a really good drama featuring a snob H (my favorite) obsessing over the h. Here's a really cute short mv:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSzx5BUVm5Q

Anyways, can't wait to watch GRGR and am so happy that it's living up to all the hype, tho I was never in doubt of Barry's acting prowess. It's so wonderful that such a good-looking actor is also super talented at acting.
Thanks, I'll check this out after GRGR is done. I think that's so funny that he calls it an 'ailment' lol.
As for your question, I have an answer muahahaha!

Hui, I assure you, if there is anything you will not be disappointed about, it's the p'ek. The level of his love is portrayed so perfectly by Nadech that it can't even be called an obsession--it's just pure, deep, unceasing love; which makes him pursue and never give up. I would say that the lakorn mixed his level of agression and vulnerability so well that never will you question his love for n'ek. Not once does he do anything to even imply that he TRIED to change his love, because even when he begins the "Evil Game" out of revenge/'hate' everything he does to hurt n'ek inevitably hurts HIM a 100x more and it's very VERY evident in his facial expressions. He tries to get back at her, yet he breaks down when she says he hates him; he tries to push her buttons by getting involved with her sister, but he so clearly has no interest in her sister(!); he tries to make innuendos about how he's 'done more than this and that with her before' but it all comes out as if he treasured every single moment. Ah, Charles/Saichon is definitely at the top of my p'ek list.

Iono, I've heard that some people think he's being stupid with his revenge...but he's a lot smarter than some of the other p'ek, I mean, he DID try to peacefully make her fall for him again when he finally found her. and he has so much more PRETENSE for being aggressive towards n'ek, unlike in JLR and SB where, to me, the p'ek in those two previous lakorn didn't really have the...right, per se, to hurt n'ek. Not that Charles has the right, but it just makes so much more sense to me to feel that magnitude of emotions towards someone that would make him want to hurt her and yet the only real reason he wants to hurt her is so he has an excuse to STAY WITH HER. holy gosh, unless you are a heartless person, you will sympathize with this p'ek more than hate him.

Everything he does involves n'ek and when he begins to realize that he shouldn't be 'playing the game' he becomes the gentlest thing you could imagine. Like, imagine Harit's gentleness, and multiply that by 100...all within ONE SCENE (ep17-ep18). It truly makes all the difference that he was in love with n'ek from the start too, but that doesn't mean that it was a bland revenge, it made everything more intense (because his undeniable love was pitted against his pain at her supposed betrayal), and also it made his realization that he can't hurt her all the much sweeter. And he's never once been unfaithful to her too, even after 3 years apart and then finding her as a nearly completely different person!

And no, thank goodness, even though n'rai is psycho as heck, p'ek will not have to marry him, at least not out of duty, but more to protect n'ek, and they don't actually even get married at all. And, double thank goodness, yet another good thing about this p'ek--he does not let n'ek go. ever. I seriously did not expect to like the city scenes where Charles became all aggressive, but I so so did lol and that's because, once again, through all the misunderstandings and bitterness, his love was made even more apparent.
wow Here was my Charles spiel for the day lol. This is my honest opinion though and I know others might not feel the same way. There are minor setbacks in the lakorn that I can't even recall at the moment because the p'ek made up for all of them 555

cikna

sarNie Adult
Thanks, I'll check this out after GRGR is done. I think that's so funny that he calls it an 'ailment' lol.
As for your question, I have an answer muahahaha!

Hui, I assure you, if there is anything you will not be disappointed about, it's the p'ek. The level of his love is portrayed so perfectly by Nadech that it can't even be called an obsession--it's just pure, deep, unceasing love; which makes him pursue and never give up. I would say that the lakorn mixed his level of agression and vulnerability so well that never will you question his love for n'ek. Not once does he do anything to even imply that he TRIED to change his love, because even when he begins the "Evil Game" out of revenge/'hate' everything he does to hurt n'ek inevitably hurts HIM a 100x more and it's very VERY evident in his facial expressions. He tries to get back at her, yet he breaks down when she says he hates him; he tries to push her buttons by getting involved with her sister, but he so clearly has no interest in her sister(!); he tries to make innuendos about how he's 'done more than this and that with her before' but it all comes out as if he treasured every single moment. Ah, Charles/Saichon is definitely at the top of my p'ek list.

Iono, I've heard that some people think he's being stupid with his revenge...but he's a lot smarter than some of the other p'ek, I mean, he DID try to peacefully make her fall for him again when he finally found her. and he has so much more PRETENSE for being aggressive towards n'ek, unlike in JLR and SB where, to me, the p'ek in those two previous lakorn didn't really have the...right, per se, to hurt n'ek. Not that Charles has the right, but it just makes so much more sense to me to feel that magnitude of emotions towards someone that would make him want to hurt her and yet the only real reason he wants to hurt her is so he has an excuse to STAY WITH HER. holy gosh, unless you are a heartless person, you will sympathize with this p'ek more than hate him.

Everything he does involves n'ek and when he begins to realize that he shouldn't be 'playing the game' he becomes the gentlest thing you could imagine. Like, imagine Harit's gentleness, and multiply that by 100...all within ONE SCENE (ep17-ep18). It truly makes all the difference that he was in love with n'ek from the start too, but that doesn't mean that it was a bland revenge, it made everything more intense (because his undeniable love was pitted against his pain at her supposed betrayal), and also it made his realization that he can't hurt her all the much sweeter. And he's never once been unfaithful to her too, even after 3 years apart and then finding her as a nearly completely different person!

And no, thank goodness, even though n'rai is psycho as heck, p'ek will not have to marry him, at least not out of duty, but more to protect n'ek, and they don't actually even get married at all. And, double thank goodness, yet another good thing about this p'ek--he does not let n'ek go. ever. I seriously did not expect to like the city scenes where Charles became all aggressive, but I so so did lol and that's because, once again, through all the misunderstandings and bitterness, his love was made even more apparent.
wow Here was my Charles spiel for the day lol. This is my honest opinion though and I know others might not feel the same way. There are minor setbacks in the lakorn that I can't even recall at the moment because the p'ek made up for all of them 555
i always admire the way you express your thoughts about GRGR and yadech. you summarise everything so well and accurately. looking forward for more of your "analysis" :thumbsup:

hui4163

sarNie Egg
Wow jjinxx, thanks so much for such a heartfelt analysis!!! I'm very tolerant of jerky alpha p'eks as long as they're true/faithful to the n'ek and you can really tell how much they love the h, providing plenty of vulnerability amongst all the aggression. So happy to hear Charles/Saichon isn't stupid and so "willing" eventually to marry someone he doesn't love like in a lot of other lakorns featuring "almost marriages" that just really drives me nuts -it's like without a gunshot ending, the "marriage" would actually even take place. It even happened in "Tomorrow I'll still love you," with that super obsessed p'ek (loved the lakorn, but hated that almost marriage part). Please tell me this p'ek doesn't agree to an "actual" marriage for real, even if it is to protect the n'ek. If it's fake and he knows it, then I'll be fine.

kulyia

RUK
I believe you must be talking about this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0W833MoreE

One of my favorites. Still waiting for a remake.

Yes yes!! Oh wow i thought ill never see it ever again! My older sisters enjoyed the movie . And i never realized that nang ek was nusaba. Shame on me o_O

sarahvang

sarNie Elites
Game Rai Game Rak starring Nadech & Yaya.
[Seriously this is one of the best thaidramas i've watched in a while, acting wise and all the lakorn is put together very well & im a picky person. Acting is superb!!/size]

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
Hui, hm, I don't know about him being serious about the wedding or not, since that episode will air this weekend...But I would still have to say that his obvious disgust with n'rai makes up for the momentary agreement to marry her because...like, it wasn't even disgust up until this point, it was borderline APATHY; her existence just didn't matter to him lol. Plus, you will have to simply watch the end of ep.18 when n'rai gives him an ultimatum: marry her, or he'll never see n'ek again--- he CRIES and boy are those tears like arrows straight into the hearts of the audience. The level of pain in his stoic tears just blow me away, it's like he finally understood what he might lose and yet he was willing to do it anyway because n'ek is THAT precious to him and he would rather lose her from his life AGAIN, rather than make her lose HER life, which is probably still not what you wanted to see lol but you have to remember that the amnesiac n'ek hasn't even really shown that she loves/remembers him, and yet he is willing to do all this, being obsessive and eventually giving in to his better side all for her.
seriously, we don't even have an ounce of fear that the wedding will be successful, so you might as well take it as if he was bluffing to n'rai from the start. P'ek DID propose to n'rai just to get back at n'ek but with absolutely no intentions of carrying through with it (That's why I find it silly that some viewers are hating on Charles for all his suggestions of having two wives--like, come on, are you guys as gullible as Prae/n'rai lol), but the idea of a forced wedding by n'rai barely lasts an episode.

@Cikna, thank you! When it comes to the lakorn that really catch hold of my heart, I spare no energy or words; everything simply HAS to be said lol

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
555, jinnxxy! you pretty much said everything that i wanted to express. saichon/charles is definitely one super obsessed p'ek but it's only because he's faithful and crazy for his one and only love of his life, fah < 3

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Wow!!! Jjinxx...once again, I admire your impressive talent putting thoughts into such meaningful words. You have described Saichon/Charles so perfectly! I am simply amazed.

xingtze

sarNie Hatchling
@Hui,thanks for introducing Flower Boy.Din even think of watching the drama until u mentioned.Its really funny and enjoyable.Male lead is not as obsessed as most thai lakorn but he is obsessed in his own ways.Epi 12 to me is the peak for their romance.Thanks ya.
Did u watch C-drama "Sealed With A kiss"...that is another obsessed male lead which im so crazy for him right now (had all his pictures on my wallpaper right now)Nvr knew i can be that addicted toward an actor.lol....For those who can understand chinese,i recommend "Sealed With A Kiss",actor can really act+he is damn handsome in that drama...but the actress..just ignore her if u cant take it.ha

u00htg2

sarNie Hatchling
Jjinxx, hear, hear!! :rockon: :dance3: :dance1: Here we go for praises of Charles/Saichon again! You describe him perfectly and why we love him soooooo much. Woot, woot!!

u00htg2

sarNie Hatchling
Fah Pieng Dien with Aom Piyada and Captain is awesome! I love, love that lakorn too! I wish they would re-make it with Yadech, it's perfect for them. The p'ek is obsessed and absolutely in love with n'ek from the beginning but is such a bad boy. . . he's spoiled rotten and rich. But he made himself into a better person so that he could be worthy of n'ek's love! (Don't worry, Charles/Saichon, you're still #1 in my heart! :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxtdkKOlD0Q

u00htg2

sarNie Hatchling
Yes, Tm Hua Jai Pai Sood Fah is great! Still waiting for a remake of this!

u00htg2

sarNie Hatchling
I haven't watched GRGR yet since I'm waiting for all of it to air, but it looks sooo good. For those who are watching it, how's the p'ek's obsession level for his n'ek? Does the lakorn mix his aggression and vulnerability perfectly so that it's obvious he really loves her like in JLR and SB? Hope it doesn't pull a "he has to marry evil girl out of duty" or "leave the n'ek for her own good" kind of plotline at the end. I hope he never lets her go and would want to be with her no matter what.

By the way, tho it's not Thai, you guys should watch the new Kdrama, "Flower Boy Ramyun Shop," cause it's got a really obsessed male lead. What's esp. hilarious is the fact that he's completely oblivious to what he's "feeling" -he equates his obsessive/lovesick state to an "illness" caused by the h. His personality's kind of warped in that he's very stuck-up/self-centered with NO sense of right or wrong. I love that his personality doesn't change after falling for the h, only he's determined to stick around the h as much as possible in order to "cure" himself of said "ailment." I've seen about 8 episodes and am waiting for the rest to air before continuing. The first 2 episodes are sort of disjointed and meh (tho the leads have a lot of chemistry), but then it suddenly gets so good/addicting -so hang in there. I also find the h so adorable and started really liking her after the first 2 weird episodes -she was totally not what I expected in a good way. Check it out if you want to watch a really good drama featuring a snob H (my favorite) obsessing over the h. Here's a really cute short mv:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSzx5BUVm5Q

Anyways, can't wait to watch GRGR and am so happy that it's living up to all the hype, tho I was never in doubt of Barry's acting prowess. It's so wonderful that such a good-looking actor is also super talented at acting.
Oooooh, thanks for the rec! Will definitely watch it when it's done airing.

hui4163

sarNie Egg
@Hui,thanks for introducing Flower Boy.Din even think of watching the drama until u mentioned.Its really funny and enjoyable.Male lead is not as obsessed as most thai lakorn but he is obsessed in his own ways.Epi 12 to me is the peak for their romance.Thanks ya.
Did u watch C-drama "Sealed With A kiss"...that is another obsessed male lead which im so crazy for him right now (had all his pictures on my wallpaper right now)Nvr knew i can be that addicted toward an actor.lol....For those who can understand chinese,i recommend "Sealed With A Kiss",actor can really act+he is damn handsome in that drama...but the actress..just ignore her if u cant take it.ha
No problem, glad you're enjoying it! It's a Korean rom-com, so the feel is totally different from a slap/kiss over the top lakorn. But to me, the male in there is just as obsessed in accordance with the drama's atmosphere, which is more comedic. It really wouldn't work if the male gave off the signature slap/kiss "obsessive" level, as the entire drama's mood would change. What I love most is that the main guy, being such an arrogant, egotistical brat, falls so hard for the girl while still managing to stay in character -love every one of the actor's expressions (he's so awesome). A lesser actor wouldn't be able to pull off half of what he does.

And yes, I have seen some of "Sealed with a Kiss," and am amazed by what a phenomenal actor Hawick Lau is -what charisma and the way he expresses himself so well just by his eye expressions (I'm still so awed). But, tho he's very obsessed, I still found his character too restrained when it comes to his feelings -wish he would show more vulnerability towards the girl. Also, I absolutely cannot stand the actress!! Besides looking retarded in most scenes, her inferior acting chops is made too apparent when compared to her brilliant costar. The director shouldn't have casted 2 leads with such vast differences in acting prowess if he can't make it work with direction techniques -it certainly distracted me from fully becoming engrossed when I see one so blatantly outshining the other in EVERY scene they have together. The director should have done more to hide her inadequacies, so she'd have better harmony with him.

smiley1705

sarNie Egg
that's why i love Nadech so much!! He portrayed an obsessive and deeply in love p'ek so well in Duang Jai Akkanee and Game rai Game Ruk.

I love Saichon/charles in GRGR, my ideal p'ek..unwavering love for his n'ek, very volatile, might be mean to other people but a softie to his n'ek.......

However, in the upcoming lakorn Torannee Nee Khong Krai, he doesn't seem to be portraying that kinda character right?? Ugh..bummer....