Thai Beauty Standards

Eve Taylor

sarNie Egg
Hi
Which Thai Actress do you think is the most beautiful woman according to Thai beauty standards ?
And which one the most beautiful Mixed ?
For me:
I think Kim Kimberly is the most beautiful woman there she has fair skin big eyes , small shoulders and not so tall ,also i think she is the best looking Mixed actress she only has a big weird long face.
For yaya she has big bones and she is tall with dark skin and she looks plain without makeup also she can be overweight if she doesn't take care coz she looks exactly like her mother
What about you?

kpopwarehouse

purple hibiscus
most people look plain without makeup. i personally like pooklook's face. nychaa is also really pretty imo.
for the mixed ones, i cant pick one so i'll say yaya, davika, patricia and kimberley ( the only down side is that the mixed ones tend to show signs of aging faster)

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Most beautiful full Thai daras:
Now Tisanart
Maeya Nonthawan
Baifern
Aom Phiyada
Vill wanarot
Mookda
Gookgik Kochakorn
Baifern Anchasa
Aff Taksoarn
Gypsy Keerati

Most beautiful mixed ones :
Patricia Good
Matt Peeranee
Sammy
Mai Davika

Last edited:

siraphun

sarNie Hatchling
there's only one Thai beauty standard and that's if you're mixed white you meet their standards lol. that's why Thai women would even get with an old white man for a "beautiful" baby. that's disgusting to me but it rocks their boat so whatever.

Amethyst

sarNie Egg
I can see some claws coming out after I post this but hahaha oh well.

Today's standards are about being light skinned, model skinny and preferably mixed. That doesn't just apply to Thailand though because the same could be said for many other countries which is unfortunate. It's a reality that seriously needs to be challenged. Kim used to get a lot of shit about being fat. Now, I find Kim farrr from being attractive whether it's physically or mentally but it made me cringe whenever her co-stars or hosts would poke fun at her weight because she is not overweight by any means. Even when producers told her to loose a few pounds for a lakorn, it didn't make that much of a difference because she's naturally big boned. No matter how what she does, she's naturally going to look thick. Yes, she's a public figure and her image is part of her career so Kim has to work her way into meeting the norms of Thai beauty. As someone who doesn't even care for her, I could even feel the exhaustion of always trying to fit in, meet all these demands when she should be embracing her uniqueness. She's a good example of how ridiculous and overly obsessive the Thai's are about looks.

With that said, I don't care about Thai standards. Obviously most people would look plain without makeup which is why I think what is beneath all of that is what matters. My idea of beauty extends beyond physical appearances because if your personality is shit, then it will surface and show through your facial expressions and body language and... that ain't a pretty sight. Sometimes, there are people who aren't the most attractive looking but when they exude self-love, self-respect and confidence in themselves, it shows which makes that much more appealing. If they have some personality that differentiates them from others, that's a plus.

For example, I think Mai is probably one of the most striking looking half-caste actresses but her arrogance, hollier than thou attitude is a major turn off for me. She's the epitome of the whole Thai industry itself; the fakeness, hypocrisy, and egotism that majority of people have. Besides her pretty face, I honestly don't see any depth or substance which is why I only like her modelling work but could careless about her acting. On the other hand, someone like Yaya is gorgeous, not as defined as Mai IMHO but has the right personality, good work ethics and communication skills that makes her attractive. If I spotted both Mai and Yaya on the street, Mai is the one who would stop me in my tracks but Yaya is the one who would intrigue me to google her and find out more about her.

So to finally anwer your question as to who are the actresses that I think are most beautiful, I would say for mixed actresses I'd pick Yaya, Patricia and Sara. For non-mixed actresses, Now, Prang, Yoghourt and Fah are the prettiest of the bunch.

Last edited:

kpopwarehouse

purple hibiscus

Today's standards are about being light skinned, model skinny and preferably mixed. That doesn't just apply to Thailand though because the same could be said for many other countries which is unfortunate. It's a reality that seriously needs to be challenged. Kim used to get a lot of shit about being fat. Now, I find Kim farrr from being attractive whether it's physically or mentally but it made me cringe whenever her co-stars or hosts would poke fun at her weight because she is not overweight by any means. Even when producers told her to loose a few pounds for a lakorn, it didn't make that much of a difference because she's naturally big boned. No matter how what she does, she's naturally going to look thick. Yes, she's a public figure and her image is part of her career so Kim has to work her way into meeting the norms of Thai beauty. As someone who doesn't even care for her, I could even feel the exhaustion of always trying to fit in, meet all these demands when she should be embracing her uniqueness. She's a good example of how ridiculous and overly obsessive the Thai's are about looks.

With that said, I don't care about Thai standards. Obviously most people would look plain without makeup which is why I think what is beneath all of that is what matters. My idea of beauty extends beyond physical appearances because if your personality is shit, then it will surface and show through your facial expressions and body language and... that ain't a pretty sight. Sometimes, there are people who aren't the most attractive looking but when they exude self-love, self-respect and confidence in themselves, it shows which makes that much more appealing. If they have some personality that differentiates them from others, that's a plus.

For example, I think Mai is probably one of the most striking looking half-caste actresses but her arrogance, hollier than thou attitude is a major turn off for me. She's the epitome of the whole Thai industry itself; the fakeness, hypocrisy, and egotism that majority of people have. Besides her pretty face, I honestly don't see any depth or substance which is why I only like her modelling work but could careless about her acting. On the other hand, someone like Yaya is gorgeous, not as defined as Mai IMHO but has the right personality, good work ethics and communication skills that makes her attractive. If I spotted both Mai and Yaya on the street, Mai is the one who would stop me in my tracks but Yaya is the one who would intrigue me to google her and find out more about her.

So to finally anwer your question as to who are the actresses that I think are most beautiful, I would say for mixed actresses I'd pick Yaya, Patricia and Sara. For non-mixed actresses, Now, Prang, Yoghourt and Fah are the prettiest of the bunch.

the annoying part is that kim was never fat to begin with. the pressure to be stick thin must be exhausting for her. yoghourt is pretty.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart

im not a fan of kimmy either but i feel quite sad for kimmy. i could never imagine being called "fat" by people all the time. shes not even fat just big boned

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
personally the 4 actresses that i believe are very beautiful these days are:
1. Taew Natapohn. She is just so gorgeous and womenly! she has a great body and personality as well!

2. Mai Davikah.
she is seriously beautiful! like omg i can stare at her for hours! her face is so striking and i can see her hitting it big in the modeling world.

3. Mint Chalida.
she just has a very fresh face to me! i love how she looks with out makeup and with makeup. she has a huge versatile look that ch3 seems to downplay sadly

4. Chippy Sirin
a lot of people dont seem to find her attractive but i think shes beautiful and cute! most people are thrown off by her nose but i think over time ive gotten used to it and now i think it matches her face! shes kind of the opposite of thai beauty standards: darker skin, bigger nose, not stick skinny. however most thai people still seem to like her.

Last edited:

sugar12

sarNie Hatchling
Thai beauty standards stress me out, to be honest, and it's such a controversial topic too. I may be the only one who sees this and correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like Thai people are very quick to be patriotic and preaching about being thai but they never really embrace having dark skin or thai features at all.....for example, I get really annoyed when Great gets joked about his dark skin, just give him a break, what ever skin color he has, it's fine. They focus a lot on embracing european features which is fine but it's just sad how actors try to modify themselves to fit into society's "rules".

And the weight stuff gets me heated too, I don't think Kim was even "fat" in the first place when she tried to enter into the industry, :( one comment about actor's weight can really affect how they view themselves. I also feel like a lot of actors and actresses internalize this insecurity and judgement from the industry and it just makes them go a bit crazy but nevertheless I still applaud their determination and how their hard work got them to where they are today.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Thai beauty standards stress me out, to be honest, and it's such a controversial topic too. I may be the only one who sees this and correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like Thai people are very quick to be patriotic and preaching about being thai but they never really embrace having dark skin or thai features at all.....for example, I get really annoyed when Great gets joked about his dark skin, just give him a break, what ever skin color he has, it's fine. They focus a lot on embracing european features which is fine but it's just sad how actors try to modify themselves to fit into society's "rules".

And the weight stuff gets me heated too, I don't think Kim was even "fat" in the first place when she tried to enter into the industry, :( one comment about actor's weight can really affect how they view themselves. I also feel like a lot of actors and actresses internalize this insecurity and judgement from the industry and it just makes them go a bit crazy but nevertheless I still applaud their determination and how their hard work got them to where they are today.
dont even get me started on the Great issue!!!! i absolutely hate how they always bring up the fact that he has darker skin! like wth he is a million times more attractive than you ever will be inside and out. it drives me nuts! and he always laughs it off but im sure it gets to him on the inside :BangHead:

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Maybe because of that a beauty like Maeya Nonthawan had to marry an old white guy and go MIA from the industry. Yikes

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Tall Dark and handsome

Ppl are on men's weight as well

I see it on here as well. I feel they look better with their healthy weight.

Not just MC....but ppl in general are always criticizing ppl ...weight...skin...ect...

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Tall Dark and handsome

Ppl are on men's weight as well

I see it on here as well. I feel they look better with their healthy weight.

Not just MC....but ppl in general are always criticizing ppl ...weight...skin...ect...
same! i like when men have some meat on their bones! they don't all have to be super muscular

Eve Taylor

sarNie Egg
there's only one Thai beauty standard and that's if you're mixed white you meet their standards lol. that's why Thai women would even get with an old white man for a "beautiful" baby. that's disgusting to me but it rocks their boat so whatever.
True

Eve Taylor

sarNie Egg

I think in showbiz the looks is the asset ,lets compare between Thai Daras and Korean actresses for example , I wouldnt care about the personality of any actress if she is making a great eye catching couple with the actor
Thats why Lakorn is so special coz its full of cliche and nonsense plot still the OTP are the lakorn which mean "Beauty Features Factors" .

Eve Taylor

sarNie Egg

Yeah Kim is not fat at all but her legs are big or fat like middle aged woman , Yaya on the other hand has a wide actually very wide pelvis and big thighs and they are both models , what pisses me off is that Thai ppl love farang physical traits and also hate the mentality of them so the mixed has the beauty of the foreigners and the Thai social norm, still the mixed really are aging fast ,I mean who would believe that Jee (Yaya) is not in her thirties.

Last edited:

sarNie Adult
I don't know the deal with the big cheeks Thai celebs are into getting that aren't trendy in other Asian countries. I find them to be a big turn off and can't get myself to watch whoever gets them.

NongS

sarNie Hatchling
This thread was meant to generate controversy. :p
I agree completely about the dark skin and the weight, it annoys me too! And whoever said Yaya is dark- wow your scale is skewed. She seems to me what we call wheat-coloured, and maybes likes going out in the sun and tanning European-style. This chemical white shade that Koreans and the Chinese aspire to isn't the only standard of beauty and often it's out of a bottle. I don't remember any of the 4HJKK girls being so pale when they debuted.

And about the weight, I don't even know if I can comment. It's not that attractive in India to be skinny, but the Thai seem to be mocking our shows lately :p but none of these girls is actually big. Kim's face only looks big because her body is smaller, when she's curvier it's quite proportional.
It's funny but I think the same personality traits that make people like Yaya make me like her less. She comes off as a little too sheltered and childish, not someone who's very independent or original. Her looks aren't striking or distinctive, although she has a fragile and delicate face.
Kim has got bold looks, which are more difficult to pull off but she knows how to style herself and her eyes and smile and versatility make her gorgeous in a classic way because she seems both sweet and strong .
May I add I really appreciate full Thai beauty, Prang and Namtarn, Maeya and even Toey Jarinporn because she's so lively and little.

Edit: really sorry for an essay