temple parties

donna

sarNie Adult
i was wondering...

in your state or country, is there a party thrown for new year? cuz where i live, they throw one for new years both american and laos and they also have a valentine's party too!

if they do throw one, do you go to them?
for me i used to go to them with my friends. that was before i was old enough to go out.

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
yeah in South Australia we have temple parties (to help raise funding for the temple etc) i go when i have too when my dad makes me. i personally hate going, always old guys trying to crack on to ya, grosses me out.

but yeah we do the same have one for new years then for lao new years.

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
For Lao New Year, the event would be held in a hall or hotel. I go to faun and sponsor one of the girls who would enter the Nang Sang Kan contest each year.

ketusd

sarNie Hatchling
in louisiana (broussard area) there is always a party because we are always trying to raise money for the temple.... there is always somehing goning on at our temple..non-stop and that's what i enjoy about my temple... the next BIG BIG BIG BIG party we are about to get ready for is lao new year!!! =)

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
Yeah we have those but i dont like going to it that much.... it's boring and true what Kit (2cute2care) said.....old guys cracking on yall....lmfao!!! girl it's cause u hott and they melting for u :wub: ....hehe anyways the only time i do go is either someone from the family enters into those Nang San Kan thingy or my students are dancing...... this year i get new groups of dancing students and it's going to be a blast hollaring at them....hahah j/k....... i just need to really go to socialize with my fellow lao peeps....me's been too anti lately, not cause i'm one but i have no choice....my parents are too wash!!! anyways anyone want to share some pictures??? i want to see!!! :ph34r: :yahoo: :blush:

vonni

sarNie Egg
yeah in South Australia we have temple parties (to help raise funding for the temple etc) i go when i have too when my dad makes me. i personally hate going, always old guys trying to crack on to ya, grosses me out.
but yeah we do the same have one for new years then for lao new years.
i didn't know there were laotians in south australia, are there many of them there.?

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
here in my city..actually we're three cities, we celebrate laos new years, but it's just like every other tak baht except we water the buddah statues. However, this year I think they're planning an actual Miss Laos New Year Pageant with a Nang Sangkane riding her animal. I believe 2008 is a rat. maybe? unless it's the peacock. i think it would be cool to do something like this here because i've seen it on tv and im so jealous of the other cities for having such events. we get nothing here, and doing this might connect our laos community more. i remember our new years used to be filled with cultural dances, but the kids that used to be brave to do those things all moved to Seattle or they grew up and don't care anymore. if it works out, i will be sure to add photos.