temple in cambodia

rakcharm

sarNie Juvenile
so what's the scoop between thai and khmer about thai claiming that a temple in cambodia is their? i don't get it about the thais claiming this and that their's like angkorwat now this. i mean those temples are in cambodia so it should be understood that it's khmer. you can tell by the artwork too. anyway i don't know much so can't conclude anything. heard that both countries haven't settled on anything yet. if so all i have to say is khmer shouldn't give in. if it's our then it belongs to us not them.

Sawina

sarNie Hatchling
welli heard that khmer wants the united nation to figure it out and help them or something my dad's been listenin to the radio about it and stuff but now he wants to seee it now... i would liek to know more on whats going on too.. sorry i couldnt help you much but i wanted know if anyone whoever comes by this thread know any website that you can watch khmer tv stream for free to help all of us understand whats going on. thank you

akinoyume

sarNie Hatchling
in 1962, hrm norodom sihanouk took it to the world court, which they ruled that preah vihear is cambodia's. and recently, cambodia wanted to list preah vihear in the world heritage under cambodia. thailand refused to let that happen, so that's how this issue erupted again. on july 7 of this yr, unesco granted ownership to cambodia. and still the thais refused to accept this. i believe it's the thai communists who are making this a huge issue. even other thai locals protested against them. like sawina said, cambodia is asking the united nations to help them resolve this bc the asean aren't gonna do anything.

solin

sarNie Adult
i believe it's the thai communists who are making this a huge issue. even other thai locals protested against them. like sawina said, cambodia is asking the united nations to help them resolve this bc the asean aren't gonna do anything.
Yes only a part of thai protest...but I don't think there is not something really big 'cause this temple is khmer by international laws and I don't think thai govement is stupid enough to do something against international instances.

My father follow the problem and he have a very political and logic opinion :
To him, this trouble involes actual (past) elections betwwen the first minister and the opposition party : he say that Hun Sen is not foreign to the problem and want to close all possible escape to Thailand for his opponents.
And as you can see, now that elections are over and that he won : everything begin to be stable and return slowly to normal.

yak

sarNie Adult
well hun sen always gets his way.. but if it wasnt for him.. those temples wont be khmer's temple.. because from what i heard, the thais wants the preah vihear and some other temples.. but from what i think, how are they going to claim something and it aint theirs.. also, if u look into the thai arts and khmer, their not the same.. so, im just saying that they should just leave the khmer alone.. cause what else they want from them.. so, if im wrong about what im saying.. pls they take it to the head.. lol.. im just saying from what i heard and read...