Telenovela

sarN

sarNie Granny
who in here watch them ?? on the spanish channle ? i know ya can't speak the lang. nor understand wat they saying lol but love to watch them ???

ntelligent_mind

sarNie Hatchling
I tried Once...But that didnt work. <_< .I tried it because i was taking spanish at the time..i thought i knew it but i didnt so i gave up haha...its interesting though.. :lmao:

sarN

sarNie Granny
:p :p

i watch lots of them during high school when i was taking spanish class ! i like puttin the subtitle on so i see the spanish cap on tv dat way i can look up the word in the spanish/english dictionary :loool: ---- anywho i been watching dis soap call " Alborada " it shown on Univision .. anyone seen it ? The setting is in those Chistoper Columbus period

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
I watch them too...most of the girls are beautiful and I also watch the ones that are dubbed.

LOL...the dubbing always seems to be more dramatic than what the story turns out to be... :lmao:

This is a bit off topic, but, I've seen the Indian version of "I know what you did last summer"...there was killing, suspense, and everything but the dubbing makes it seem like I'm watching comedy :loool:

sarN

sarNie Granny
o yeah i watch the khmer dubb one tooo hahahaha it does sound dramatic and lots of repeating word prolly they dont' know wat word to use in khmer lol ... the one on CTN is call " La Prisionera " which is pretty good and i was surprise the N'k's mom was only 13 when she got rape and send to prison :shock: :shock:

Nameless

N i n j a
sarN said:
o yeah i watch the khmer dubb one tooo hahahaha it does sound dramatic and lots of repeating word prolly they dont' know wat word to use in khmer lol ... the one on CTN is call " La Prisionera " which is pretty good and i was surprise the N'k's mom was only 13 when she got rape and send to prison :shock: :shock:
[post="67585"][/post]​

lol sarN, when I was in srok Khmer, I saw the 'La Prisionera' dubbed in Khmer. I was like 'hell, they watch even spanish soaps' and it was weird because of the dubbing. My aunt was trying to explain the story and I was clueless.

sarN

sarNie Granny
yeah !! they do have spanish soap hahahahha ---> spanish to khmer ?.... who in cambodia speak spansih ?? if it were america soap or soemthing i would understand or the French folk lol but their soap is good the storyline have lots of twist and stuff . Well , they have too cuz spanish soap run for 4 to 6 months and have like 100 epsiodes or so till it end lol

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
LOL...I guess they just dubb according to what's happening in the episode...I dont know, but, yeah their vocabulary are somewhat limited alright ;) Their choice of words arent the greatest, but, LOL...it's rather entertaining I might say...Do they even have scripts to go by? Some of these Spanish series just makes you go "HUH"...

sarN

sarNie Granny
true true .. i hope they put Spanish soap in dvd wiht english sub one day and i know there a petetion for it but so far it not happing anytime soon !!

S

sunflower

OMGosh sarn.... there was this story i watched a long time ago it was called something 'esmeralda' or something like that.. but the guy was SUPER HOTTTT!! and the girl was really pretty.. i didn't have a clue what they were saying but it was pretty entertaining to watch :loool:

sero

sarNie Egg
yes, telenovela is great if you taken spanish class...
it like the american version of lakorn...

it has good story and if you like the theme it must see...
it always different actors and actress

dfemc

sarNie Adult
yeah the actors/actresses are ubbber hot (on the shallow scale), but the story line is spicy n hilarious... v. much like asian dramas in some ways except with the R scene, in other words, they reaally do kiss. lol!

sabrinajenn

sarNie Juvenile
I liked watching them back in HS. I remember talking to my hispanic friends about it to see if I was understanding the storyline. And I was! LOL I remember this one series, Preciosa. The lead girl was like lived w/ a circus and she had a limp. THen she met the lead guy who was like a doctor, I think. So she moved to the city to get an operation, and further on in the story the 2nd lead guy ends up liking her too. But he's really her half brother!

Anyways, I've noticed lately Target is selling Telenovelas w/ English subtitles. Wish they would have Preciosa, so I can finally watch it fully.

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
that makes me wat to watch thai lakorns...that would be cool!!! thai lakorn for a tv show? hehe...

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
I was watching them once but I didn't understand a thing but i think some of thei actresses that I've seen were very good looking lol

an la

sarNie Hatchling
sarN Posted Jan 15 2006, 03:52 AM
true true .. i hope they put Spanish soap in dvd wiht english sub one day and i know there a petetion for it but so far it not happing anytime soon !!
Thats funny Sarn, I was thinking about too. I even tried to look for sites that had translations, but no luck. I watch this one teeny bopper one called Rebelde on and off and a little of this other one, because the guy was really hot. I would seriously watch all of them if there were subtitles, especially the period dramas. The actors are so hot and the girls are pretty.

gs

Sexy Back
gracejen said:
I liked watching them back in HS. I remember talking to my hispanic friends about it to see if I was understanding the storyline. And I was! LOL I remember this one series, Preciosa. The lead girl was like lived w/ a circus and she had a limp. THen she met the lead guy who was like a doctor, I think. So she moved to the city to get an operation, and further on in the story the 2nd lead guy ends up liking her too. But he's really her half brother!

Anyways, I've noticed lately Target is selling Telenovelas w/ English subtitles. Wish they would have Preciosa, so I can finally watch it fully.
[post="75698"][/post]​

hey i remember watching that one too and i think they show it again like last yr bit not so sure