[Taiwan] The Way We Were

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am use to seeing Ruby in Mainland Chinese drama and it is weird watching her in Taiwanese drama.

I am only watching this because it has In a Good Way feel. I swear ever since Reply 1997, there has been a number of dramas that goes back in time especially taking place in the 90s. I grew up in the 90s so it is something that I personally enjoy watching. I do feel that the writer took some of IAGW ideas by incorporating real events into the story.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Is this any good Fun? I love Ruby. I want to get back into Taiwanese dramas but none of my favorites have any new dramas out. I'm just as picky with my Taiwanese dramas as I am with my Thai lakorns. The leads have to be attractive and the plot has to be interesting.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I have only read the synopsis and watched the trailer. It has only aired 4 episode and the Taiwanese likes to torture people by releasing only 1 episode a week. I am waiting at least until it reaches 10 episode.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Yeah, I just read the synopsis. The one night stand got me interested. Then I read the rest and it doesn't seem like my kind of genre. I tend to like comedies the most when it comes to Taiwanese dramas with a mix of drama. That's why I like Rainie Yang. Her dramas are light and funny. Mars was the only mystery/drama that I gave a try. I liked it, but it was too dark for my taste.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I miss Rainie Yang. She does have an upcoming drama, just need an air date.

You should try In a Good Way. Theres a lot of fluff and heart although the romance is churn very slow. I wish I can relive the 90s. It also takes place during that era.

fun

Expired Sarnie
[SIZE=12pt]I feel cheated. 16 summers were more like 3 summers. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I went in thinking this would be a summer themed drama but summer only existed in the first episode. And then it felt like summer never came again. This was compared to In a Good Way but boy was it polar opposite of each other. The only similarity they share was starting their story in the mid90s.  In a Good Way is about defining freedom. The Way We Were is about chances that were missed and taking responsibility for your decisions. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Major spoilers. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]
This has left a big whole in my heart. 
[/SIZE]Jia Ni and Wei De had so much chemistry and I wanted them to be together. [SIZE=12pt]For 16 years, the two of them had so many missed opportunities to be together. And when they finally got together, it was short lived. He died from cancer.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I wish Ruby did more Taiwanese dramas. I like her much more and her acting is not masked by dubbers. China censorship is strict and limits her creative and craft. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I love the track Romantic Attacks. Probably my favorite song but the soundtrack can use a little help. It really didn’t match the tone of this drama. Some parts were choppy but then again I was watching the PTS version which was cut but I was told that they didn’t cut much; they just took some parts out. Tiffany’s character was a surprise, she’s a lesbian!!! You would have never guessed that if you watched the cut version. Now you don’t see that in often in East Asian dramas. Too bad Viki licensed the cut version instead. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]This was a great drama overall. Really resonate with you. It really sucks to be grown adults. If only I could stop time and live through 16-24 forever.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I can finally cross this out from my list.[/SIZE]