swine flu

buklaoboi360

sarNie Adult
i just herd about the flu last week and wondering where did it come from and how did it get too the u.s some states have allready been infected with swine!!

i really don't understand all the panic over this flu...did you know that last year alone, 35,000 individuals died from regular influenza, and there wasn't anything about it; all of a sudden, a few hundred individuals come down with swine flu, and few have died as a result of it, and everyone is in an uproar about it...gosh. i really don't care about it; i'm not in the least worried.

kulyia

RUK
theres no need to panic. Just remember to cook All raw meat until its cooked. And just remember to ceek with your family doc

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
blah... I seriously think I am getting sick... My throat has been itchy lately & I've been feeling sluggish & really tired lately.... :(

the high school next to the JC I go to is shut down for two weeks... so I'm kinda worried... I need to go get checked.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I think people are panicking for nothing.
I'll worry when the death tolls gets remotely close to the annual number of deaths for the regular flu.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
OMG LOL I just now found this.

Swine flu= Zombie flu

BBC

I'm so ready for this. B)

The zombie thing is a hoax by the way.

natty

Chubs
Well CDC now are saying that the flu can be transmitted from pork to human.

But anyways, I started to get sick last week but it wasn't as bad, a regular cold but I'm not allowed to take any medicine. But then I started to get really sick. I don't get the flu therefore I don't get the shot, plus I'm allergic to flu shot. It makes me really sick. But anyways, I started to get the chills, vomiting, headaches, body aches, and stomach pain. But still no fever and no diarrhea. Then the day after I got the fever and diarrhea. So I had to go see the dr because of my condition as well as where I work. (There's a lot of mexican tourist). Luckily the dr ruled out swine flu but I had a moderate - severe case of stomach flu. What a big scare to my husband. But still I can't take any medicine except mylanta.

So yeah sometime you just cant help but get scared. Like I never gotten the flu, the worst i get was just a cold but then all of a sudden i got all these symptoms as well as in the town next to me there's 16 confirmed cases.

And do you guys remember studying the Spanish flu? They considered it a very weak flu then it went away for the summer but only to come back and killed how many? Now i'm not saying all this to make you scared or panic since our medicine is way better then back then, but to just ask you to be careful.

smileD

sarNie Hatchling
Seriously...I think Swine flu is getting too much hype than it should. I got sick a few days ago, but I'm recovering now, but not sure if it was the flu or not. Well anyways, when I stayed home yesterday I got to watch an episode of the doctors, which was an episode concerning swine flu. The episode for me only confirm that swine flu isn't as big of a deal like everyone think it is.

Gosh I love the Doctors show. Too bad they only play it in the morning on weekdays. :p

noungning

Heartless
[...]
And do you guys remember studying the Spanish flu? They considered it a very weak flu then it went away for the summer but only to come back and killed how many? Now i'm not saying all this to make you scared or panic since our medicine is way better then back then, but to just ask you to be careful.
i agree with ya! ;)

there's so much hype... um no not really...

i think there are much more people trying to shift the seriousness of this situation into a more relaxed situation. i mean there are certain levels of precautions you should be taking because you are aware of a flu outbreak that is moving across the country so rapidly... sure it's not a cause for concern until you come down with the the symptoms and then you panic.

the reason why it was out in the media and getting so much air time is because everyone needs to know that THERE ARE infected people. so BE CAREFUL! there are many stubborn people that knows of the symptoms and thinks they have the flu, but just refuses to see the doctor nevermind get tested. people needs to start worrying... sure it's not a cause for a concern because only a couple of people have died in the US from this flu...

however, once the flu is tracked... once they get the controlled statistics of how long does it take for a person whom is infected to die... then everyone will start to crawl into a ball and get scared? that's a little naive isn't it?

i work in healthcare, i am one to get infected quite easily because i come to work in an atmosphere with 100000s of germs. there is just so much we can control and protect our bodies from. so knowing and being aware of ur surrounding is very important.

if it were just another typical flu, i think they wouldn't be this concerned. IMO, being able to practice caution prior to the incident is better than having to solve it when it's already happened ;)

additionally like Liberty said... people, like herself, will not panic until there is enough people that drops dead. i told my friend the exact same thing, the US will not panic and take this as a cause for concern until more people dies... which is rediculous...

just like why would they let someone they think might have the flu get tested to see if they are positive... and send em home??? why would u send someone u think is infected back and infect more people? moronic but i guess this is USA, the land to spread diseases. -_-

CTR

The Realist guy here period
More Headlines

http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/bal-te....0,4239104.story
http://www.lvrj.com/hottopics/swine_flu/43867522.html
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12226996?source=rss
http://health.mashget.com/2009/04/27/gilea...ne-flu-vaccine/
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles.../Swine-Flu.aspx

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/key_facts.htm
"Can people catch swine flu from eating pork?
No. Swine influenza viruses are not transmitted by food. You can not get swine influenza from eating pork or pork products. Eating properly handled and cooked pork and pork products is safe. Cooking pork to an internal temperature of 160°F kills the swine flu virus as it does other bacteria and viruses."

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles.../Swine-Flu.aspx
"This is NOT the First Swine Flu Panic

My guess is that you can expect to see a lot of panic over this issue in the near future. But the key is to remain calm -- this isn't the first time the public has been warned about swine flu. The last time was in 1976, right before I entered medical school and I remember it very clearly. It resulted in the massive swine flu vaccine campaign.

Do you happen to recall the result of this massive campaign?

Within a few months, claims totaling $1.3 billion had been filed by victims who had suffered paralysis from the vaccine. The vaccine was also blamed for 25 deaths.

However, several hundred people developed crippling Guillain-Barré Syndrome after they were injected with the swine flu vaccine. Even healthy 20-year-olds ended up as paraplegics.

And the swine flu pandemic itself? It never materialized."

Tamiflu and Relenza will treat symptoms of the H1N1 flu. This is way different than the Spanish Flu because our technology has improved and things are more coordinated. We have labs to take samples, we have "WHO" to monitor things, and we have medicine companies to come up with something to fight it.

Like with all viruses and germs, it will mutate and form new strains. However, if you body is able to fight it off then you will be immune to it. This is just nature's way of cleansing out the old and the weak. (No offense). Plus, we (USA) get to monitor what is going on in the Southern Hemisphere where winter is about to start to see how dangerous this flu can be.

Every time a new virus or bacteria comes into circulation, it targets everyone but only the strongest people will survive. Spanish flu did the same thing. The Black Death did the same thing.

Lastly, be mindful of it that it is there but don't let it run your life or panic about it. Use good common sense and good judgment like wasting your hands often, don't touch your nose or eyes, etc. Cook your meat until it is cook.