Summer solstice

85sNm_wDd84

sarNie Egg
Chapter 7: interest payment

Worry for her safety butler passin, ask “miss donut, are you, ok?” donut, look back & timidly nodded her head as she reply “I’m fine. I know him. You can go back in I’ll be in shortly.” donut, didn’t want to bother butler passin, or anyone else in the Danuwong household with her problem. Once Butler passin, return into the house leaving donut, with her visitor. She turn her attention back to her unwelcome guest & ask “what do you want from me, now?” the man, sneer at her showing his yellow teeth as he reply “well, your father, told me you were here so, I’ve come to take you home.” Donut’s eye widen as she heard him speak & reflected upon his use of the word home. By all estimation she regards his home as her living nightmare. She had already spent 3 long years at his card room working off her father’s gambling debt & was sure that the contract only calls for a 3 year period of servitude. recalling that fact donut, said in an impassion voice “I’ve already work off my father’s debt you can’t make me go with you.” looking sternly at her the man, took out a wrinkle piece of paper & handed it over before saying “take a good look at this it’s your father’s new contract with me. I think he has to be the world’s worst gambler. But luckily, for him he has such a useful, daughter.” with that said the man, grab her arm & begin to drag her away. Donut, resist insisting that she would rather die than go with him. not wanting to create a scene the man, stop dead in his track & said “if you don’t want to come with me then repay your father’s debt.” donut, look bewilder & realize that even though he had given her this option there was no, way she could repay a debt as large as 20 million baht. Laughing at her exasperated expression the man, said “you obviously can’t pay so, let’s go.” donut, eagerly protest “I can’t my father, has already sold me to the Danuwong family.” reaching out once again for her arm he insist “I’ve been watching you for the past couple of days it doesn’t look like you work here. Looks like your part of the family, right? If that’s the case get them to pay the debt for you & you won’t have to come with me.” with little other option at her disposal donut, reply “ok, I’ll ask them for the money. But I need a few days to ask for such a large sum.” happy with the new arrangement the man, nodded in agreement & warn “don’t try anything funny & since you won’t be able to come up with the money for a couple days you should at least pay the interest, right? Bring 1 million baht over to the card room tomorrow for the interest payment or else I’LL be back.” shaking with fear donut, could only muster enough energy to nod her head in acknowledgement of his demand. She watches as he left the premises & slowly, made her way back to her room. In the safety of her bedroom donut’s knee gave way as she collapse to the floor. with her back against the door she hug both of her knee towards her body & bury her head into her hand trying to stifle her sob. Tear gush down her cheek as she recall all of the abuse she had endure from the sinister man, & his equally heinous, wife. The scar from the cigarette burn & lashing hadn’t yet, fade & yet, she was now, face with the probability that more were to be added. She got up from the floor, made her way to her dresser & pull out the velvet box which contains grandmother danuwong’s gift. She whisper softly “I’m very sorry, I really, have no, other option.” holding the velvet box tightly donut, crawl into bed, cover herself entirely with the blanket & sob softly. She knew that sleep wouldn’t come to her tonight. Since it was Saturday Dan, decided to sleep in & skip breakfast. When he finally, woke up he found that it was already 1 in the afternoon. Hungry, he made his way downstairs & requests a light lunch from the kitchen. His lunch was prepared as he ate it, quickly. He walks around the house to see where everyone was & was surprise when he didn’t see his grandparent. It dawn on him that his grandparent were probably out with their friend at the golf course. He then wonder where donut, was if no, one else was around. He figures that the bookworm was probably in her room studying. Having nothing, better to do he decided that he would go pester her. He knocks on her door & awaited a response which wasn’t forthcoming. Puzzle, he wonder where she could be if she wasn’t in her room. Seeing his young master’s confuse expression butler passin, approach him in the hallway & said “miss donut, went into town to pay a visit to her aunt. She won’t be back for another hour or, so.” Dan nodded his head in acknowledgement of the information & said “ah, I see. I was just looking for her since she has some of the history note that I need.” butler passin, was surprise by his young master’s statement & ask “young master, you’ll be studying on a Saturday?” aware of his own poor excuse Dan, simply nodded his head & waived for butler passin, to go about his business. Bored at home Dan, call for the driver to take him into town. He wanted to stop by the comic book store. Even though, the comic book store was a bit out of the way & in a rather unappealing part of town it was the only store that had the majority of comic that he likes. As Dan’s car made its way down the narrow street a sight suddenly, caught his attention. He abruptly calls for the driver to stop the car. Sitting in the park car Dan, watch as donut; exit one of the local pawn shops on the street. She held a white envelope in her hand & seems to have a very distraught expression on her face. He watches as she headed towards a bus stop & boards a westbound bus. When the bus was finally, out of sight Dan, exit the car & ask the driver to wait for him. He made his way across the street, enter the seedy pawn shop & rung the bell at the counter. A frail looking man, appear from the backroom & ask what he could do for, Dan. dan, look around & wonder to himself “why would donut, be in a place like this?” he turn his attention to the man, & ask “there was a girl, in here a short while ago did she perhaps pawn something?” the old man, look quizzically at dan, but answer “yes, there was a young girl, that pawn a necklace. She just left if you want to catch her.” shock by the old man’s response Dan; demand to see the pawn merchandise. When the man, brought out the necklace Dan’s anger increase upon recognizing that it was the necklace his grandmother, had given Donut, the night before. Back at the Danuwong house donut, quickly pack up her belonging only taking the item which she had brought along with her when she first arrives. She reassure herself that after she made the interest payment for her father’s debt she would run away so, that the man, would never find her. If she wasn’t there she was sure that the man wouldn’t be able to bother the Danuwong family either. Before she could finish packing she was startled by Dan, who suddenly, burst into her room. Looking at him, donut saw the harshest expression that she had ever seen on his face. He slams the door behind him & stares intently at her. before she could inquire about his intrusion Dan, angrily ask “so, where’s the money?” taken aback by the question donut, stood up from her position on the floor & ask warily “what?” Dan, ask her once again with the same heated tone “where’s the money you got from pawning my grandmother’s gift to you?!” donut, was shock by his question & quickly, averted her eye. Making his way towards her, Dan grabs the white envelope he had seen earlier in her hand & asks “this is it, right? You pawn the necklace, got the money & are now, packing to run away? Are you some kind of swindler? How could you do this to them? My family has been nothing, but kind to you.” donut, couldn’t muster up the courage to respond to his barrage of question & simply lower her head as tear stain her bedroom floor. Upset with her silence Dan demanded for an explanation. Seeing that his anger was increasing donut, choke back her tear & slowly, reply “I can’t tell you what’s going on but please, trust me that I didn’t mean to swindle or cheat your family. The money is a matter of life & death to me. Please, give it back & I’ll be sure to repay your kindness when I’m able to do, so>” Dan, had never been so, angry in all his life he couldn’t believe that she was actually, asking for him to return the money. He held the envelope up so, that it was in her clear line of vision & proceed to tear up its content. Horrified, donut rush over only in time to gather the torn bill from the ground. Dan said angrily “I’d rather tear this money up than have it fall into your hand.” donut, couldn’t utter a single word as she saw the prospect of her escape vanish into thin air. Sobbing, she got up from the floor & rush out the door. Dan stood stun at his own action & didn’t know how to proceed. Witnessing Donut, rush from her room in tear butler passin; quickly enter her bedroom to find his young master, standing alone in a daze. Butler passin asks “what happen?” Dan was silent & didn’t know how to respond. He too, was unsure about what had just occurred. despite, the fact that he hadn’t receive an answer to his first question butler passin, continue to ask “does this have anything to do with that stranger that came to visit miss donut, last night?” upon hearing the question Dan, quickly look up & ask “what stranger?” butler passin, describe the scene that unfolded the previous night & said that he thought miss donut’s reaction to her visitor wasn’t normal. Butler passin also explains that the man’s appearance couple with donut’s reaction causes him to have the man, follow. He noted that the man, had return to a card room on the east side of town. Dan, recall donut’s word about a life & death situation & realize that there was a chance that he had misunderstood the situation & acted too, rashly. he ask butler passin, for the address of the card room & request that the butler not tell his family member about what was going on until he figure it out himself. Dan, reason that if this was a situation that donut, didn’t want other to know about then alerting his family would only go against her wishes. Butler passin agreed to keep the secret & gave his young master, the address of the man, in question. Dan, look out the window & wonder if this was where donut, was now, rushing off to.

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
omg...so good...i wanna read the next chap already...lol...
curious of what will happen next that dan ran after her...

85sNm_wDd84

sarNie Egg
Chapter 8: eternally grateful

Although, butler passin, promise to keep donut’s secret he insist upon going along with Dan, because he fear for his safety. Butler passin, told the family’s driver that his service were no, longer needed since he would be driving the young master, around for the day. Happy to have the rest of the day off the driver thank the butler & quickly, left. Meanwhile, Dan calls his family member to explain that he & donut, would be touring a local park as a requirement for one of their course project. Before heading out for the card room Dan, remember that he had torn up the pawn shop money & went to donut’s room to retrieve the envelope. He looks at the torn bill on the floor & estimates that there had to be at least 1 million baht strewn about. He then went to his room to grab the same denomination just in case it was needed. Despite, not knowing whether, donut would really, show up at the card room Dan, was determine to figure out what was going on. Butler passin, parks the car at a far corner across the street from the card room. After a short while butler passin, pointed towards a man, who walk from the front door & said “that’s the man, that came to the house last night.” Dan, look at the man’s haggard expression & could see that he had been drinking heavily. Worry, Dan thought to himself ‘is this person creating donut’s entire problem?’ Dan & butler passin, carefully look around in search of, donut. Several hours had pass & night was beginning to fall. Butler passin said to Dan, “Young master, you haven’t had anything to eat or drink all day should I go & get you something?” still looking out the window for sign of donut, Dan nodded his head before answering “yes, that would be good. Also, remember to get yourself something you haven’t eaten either.” butler passin, reply “yes, young master. I’ll be right back. please, don’t do anything until I return.” shortly after butler passin, had left Dan’s fatigued eye jet wide open as he saw donut, walking towards the card room. Eager to be by her side he opens the car door & headed in her direction. Dan, look on with growing concern as he saw the man, from earlier that morning drag donut, away by her arm to a side ally next to the card room. Dan, pick up his speed to follow the pair. feeling the searing pain from the man’s tight grasp donut, pull her arm away & exclaim “let go of me!” when they were safely out of plain sight the man, let go of her arm, turn to her & ask “where’s my money?” donut, averted her eye, breathed out a sigh & reply “I don’t have the money something happen to it.” anger by her answer he raise his hand as though to hit her before saying “you dare to come here without any money.” with little concern he slap her across her face with his large course hand sending her sprawling to the ground. Falling to the ground donut, could feel the gravel dig into her hand as she use them to cushion her fall. Before the man, could do any further damage he heard a young boy’s voice screaming for him to stop. Looking up he saw Dan, rushing towards his direction & reach into his lapel as though to draw out a weapon. The man, watch tentatively at the young boy, who made his way to donut’s side. Helping her up from the ground Dan, look at her as she stares at him with astonishment. Dan could see that the man’s slap had slightly split open donut’s lips. Seeing the blood trickle down her chin Dan, carefully wipe away the blood. Turning his attention back to the man, in the alleyway Dan, said in a heated tone “what do you think you’re doing?!” anger by the young boy’s tone the man, respond “she’s my servant so; I can do anything I want. what’s it to you?” upset to hear donut, spoken about in those term Dan, quickly respond “she’s a part of the Danuwong household she’s not now, or ever going to be your servant.” donut, was shock by Dan’s emotional exclamation & saw that the man, was becoming angrier at his insolence. She grabs a hold of Dan’s arm tightly & tugs at him with the hope of drawing him back. Dan, look over at her worry face & simply nodded as a mean to reassure her that he had everything under control. Turning back to the man, Dan pull out an envelope, held it up & asks “is this what you want? There’s 1 million baht in here. Is that what she owes you?” the man, look at the envelope & then back to the young boy, grabbing it from Dan’s hand & reply “you think this is all she owes me? let me give you the whole picture.” holding up the envelope the man, clarify “this here is only the interest payment, her father, borrow 20 million baht from my card room last week & has sign a contract to have her handed over to me.” Dan, was truly awe stricken by the man’s word & shook his head with distaste thinking how horrible donut’s father, was to sell his only daughter, for a mere 20 million baht. Even so, Dan was relieved that the issue could be resolve simply with the use of money. He said confidently “if it’s only 20 million baht I can take care of that myself. I’m not going to let you take her anywhere.” satisfy with Dan’s statement the man, said “well, bring me the money tomorrow & I’ll give you back the contract then you can do whatever, you want with her.” speechless, donut held on tighter to Dan’s arm as he continue to speak to the, man. Dan resolutely said “I’ll have someone bring you the money tomorrow so, have those so, call contract ready.” the man, agreed & made his way back to the card room. Focusing his attention back on donut, Dan carefully looks her over & notice that not only was her lips split but that both of her hands were bloodied from the fall. he ask her worriedly “are you, ok?” not waiting for a response he continue to say “we need to get you home to bandage your wounds.” donut, didn’t respond, look down on the ground & stood still. Seeing her reaction to his statement Dan, hesitantly said “I’m very, sorry. I shouldn’t have blown up at you even before knowing the whole story. Please, I’m very worry about you let’s go home.” the sincerity of his words & tone touch her deeply causing tear to gush out of her eye uncontrollably. Seeing her sobbing Dan, quickly ask “are you in a lot of pain? Should we go to the hospital instead?” donut, shook her head & said in between burst of sob “I’m so, sorry for everything.” Dan was relieved that her crying was due to remorse rather than pain. He usher her towards the car holding onto her tightly helping her as she timidly walk with him. He opens the door & helps her into the backseat before taking his place by her side. He looks around to see if butler passin was returning & was happy to see him heading towards them. Butler passin saw that both, Dan & donut were in the car & rush towards the pair. He enter the car & ask in a concern tone “are you both, ok?” before realizing that donut, clearly wasn’t, ok. Dan, respond “she’s hurt. Take us home, quickly.” without another word butler passin, speed home. On the way back home Dan, explain what had occur to butler passin, knowing that he could confide in his loyal attendant. Hearing the story from Dan, butler passin, ask whether, it would be a good idea to just give the man, the money without letting his parents know what was going on. Dan, explain that he had enough money to take care of the situation & ask butler passin, if he would deliver it tomorrow. butler passin, consented to the request but said that they should include a stipulation to let the man, know that all future contract he might enter into with her father, would result in a police visit. Dan, agreed & the matter was thus, settle. Although, the matter primarily concerns her, donut wasn’t given a chance to interject. She, herself didn’t know how she could interpose into the conversation. she thought worriedly to herself ‘how’ll I ever repay him for this?’ seeing the discomfort on her face Dan, ask again “are you, ok?” she nodded her head to indicate that she was fine, but still couldn’t bring herself to look him in the eye. When they finally, got home Dan, help Donut, up the stair & usher her towards his bedroom. He instructed butler passin, to bring the first aid kit so, that he could tend to her wounds. Butler passin, quickly did as he was instructed & came back with the first aid kit, he offer to help take care of donut’s wounds. Not needing the help Dan, simply ask him “can you get us something to eat & drink? I can take care of her. oh, & just let the adult know that were going to be eating in our room because, were tired & will be going straight to bed afterwards.” butler passin, excuse himself & went to complete his young master’s order. Left alone in his room with donut, Dan look over her wounds & begin to apply the antiseptic & alcohol to cleanse the wounds on her hand. she involuntarily pull away from him as the sting of the alcohol set in. not letting go of her, he gently pull her hand back towards him to apply the bandage. Focusing on her wounds he said “I know, it hurts but I need to apply this or your wound might become infected.” she didn’t respond & only look at him as he work. She hadn’t seen this side of him before & was eternally grateful for his kindness. Dan, look up from time to time as he dress her wounds to make sure he wasn’t applying too, much pressure while he wrap her hand. When he was finally, satisfy with the dressing of the wound he turn his attention to her lips. Rifling through the first aid kit he pulls out a cotton swab & pour a white liquid onto it before cupping her face with his left hand & gently cleaning off the dry blood from the side of her mouth. he then proceed to apply a soothing cream on the cut holding up the tube he said to donut, “you need to apply this every day or else that cut isn’t going to heal very well.” by the time Dan, had finish tending to her wounds butler passin, return with their food & drink. Butler passin clear Dan’s table & invited the two over to eat. He reassures Dan, that the adult were fine, with the explanation he had given & wouldn’t be up to disturb them. Dan, help donut, over to the table & thank, butler passin, for everything. Butler passin excuses himself & left the room. Dan & donut ate in silence looking at one another from time to time not sure what should be said. The day had been certainly been a whirlwind of emotion.

85sNm_wDd84

sarNie Egg
Chapter 9: I.O.U

The next morning, Dan call for butler passin, & handed him a bank note. The bank note listed a withdrawal of 20 million baht from his personal bank account. Dan, said in a serious tone “don’t tell the adult about this I don’t want donut, to become sorrier, than she already is.” butler passin, promise that he wouldn’t reveal the situation to Dan’s family member but ask with a concern tone “young master, won’t your grandfather & father, question why half of your personal bank account is missing?” Dan, didn’t want to think too, far in advance & said “I’ll deal with that when they find out.” butler passin, didn’t want to add to Dan’s worry & left to withdraw & deliver the money to donut’s debtor. Contemplating the situation further butler passin, thought that keeping this secret wouldn’t help either his, young master or miss donut. with his mind made up butler passin, quietly said “I’m sorry, young master, but this isn’t a situation that I can keep from the master of the household.” after he had deliver the money & retrieve the contract from donut’s debtor butler passin, return home & request a formal meeting with the elder, Mr. Danuwong. During the meeting butler passin, describe the event of the previous two days & stress that Dan, was only hiding the truth due to his concern for, donut. Shock by the revelation Dan’s grandfather, said “I think it would be best to keep this amongst ourselves I agree with Dan, that donut, will be very distraught if everyone knew of her current situation.” butler passin, agreed & promise he would do as he was told. Dan’s grandfather, was comforted by the fact that his grandson, had acted so, kindly towards, donut. Dan’s grandfather, thought about the situation in depth & finally, decided that he would need to discuss donut’s circumstances directly with her parents. He pull out his contact list & call, donut’s father. on the telephone Dan’s grandfather, ask “is this, Mr. punlerdwongsakul?” the man, on the other line confirm that he was indeed Mr. punlerdwongsakul, & ask what he could do for the elder, Mr. danuwong. Dan’s grandfather, reply “I want to ask if you would accept 50 million baht in return for your willingness to give up your legal guardianship of, donut.” upon hearing the request donut’s father, excitedly accept the offer & ask when they could complete the transaction. Dan’s grandfather, reply that he would have his lawyer draft the paperwork to transfer legal guardianship from donut’s parent to his wife, & himself. As a parting statement Dan’s grandfather, said “after this transaction i hope that we’ll no, longer hear from you.” donut’s father, happily reply “of course. From here on out we’ll leave donut, in your hand. We’ll not bother her anymore.” satisfy with the exchange Dan’s grandfather, bid farewell to the detestable mr. punlerdwongsakul, & proceed to contact his lawyer. Pacing around his bedroom Dan, wonder if donut, was awake & want to check up on her condition. However, on second thought he felt that it would be better to let her rest & decide to leave her alone. He noted to himself that if she needs him she knew where he was. Still tired from yesterday’s event Dan, went back to sleep. A few hours had pass & the bright glare of the sun was now, shining through his window causing him to awaken. He looks over at his desk clock & saw that it was already twenty past noon. Getting out of bed dan, went to his private bathroom, brush his teeth, took a long hot shower & change into a new set of clothes. Making his way towards his bedroom door dan, stop when he saw a small envelope sitting on the floor near the slit underneath his doorway. He picks up the envelope & read aloud “to: p’dan. From: manasanan donut punlerdwongsakul.” a faint smile appear on Dan’s face as he read the cover. He proceeds to carefully open the envelope & took out its content. To his surprise he saw that he now, held in his hand an I.O.U note. The note was complete with donut’s signature & a drawing of what he could only guess was her fingerprint. he read the content of the note which read: “I, manasanan donut punlerdwongsakul, promise to repay p’dan, the total sum of 20 million baht within 10 years.” at the bottom of the I.0.U. note was yet, another drawing of a little cartoon donut, holding up a victory (v) sign with her two finger. amaze by her quirkiness he comment “your so childish. I never expect you to pay me back.” he put the I.O.U. note back into the envelope & place it on his desk saying “I guess we’re now, close enough for you to call me, p’dan.” he smile as he complete the statement & headed downstairs. Coming downstairs Dan, saw that the family was now, gather in the main dining room. He greeted everyone formally while his father, instantly comment on how Dan, shouldn’t sleep away the weekend. dan, force a smile & reply “yes, father.” before taking his seat between his, mother & donut. he looks over at donut, to see if the cut on her lips had healed any since he last saw her. he thought to himself ‘of course, it hasn’t heal she was just hit last night.’ Dan’s thought were interrupted when his grandmother, ask “donut, how did you get that cut on your lips & what happen to your hand?” donut, look up startled by the question & couldn’t provide a response. Seeing her fumbling dan, quickly reply “she fell yesterday when we were at the park. you can’t tell but she’s really, a major klutz.” donut, was relieve that dan, was able to provide such a plausible reason for her wounds but it was also amaze that he still manage to insult her in the process. Dan’s grandmother, then said “oh, i see, donut, you should be more careful. be sure to keep the wounds clean so, they don’t get infected.” donut, nodded her head & reply “yes, Dan’s grandmother, I’ll be sure to do, so.” changing the subject Dan’s grandfather, suddenly ask “donut, what would you say if my wife & i, took over as your legal guardian?” surprise by the question donut, stare blankly at, Dan’s grandfather. Seeing her uncertain expression Dan’s grandfather, continue “i talk to your father, earlier this morning & he & your mother, are willing to have us become your legal guardian. This would make it much easier for us to handle your school & living situation.” donut, was overcome by emotion of joy as she realize that if Mr. & Mrs. Danuwong, were to become her legal guardian her father, could no, longer sell or indenture her to anyone else. dan, also realize that all of donut’s problem would be solve if his grandparent were to become her legal guardian & smile widely at such a beneficial prospect. Donut, stood up from her seat, bows deeply & said “i would be honor if you were my guardian. I feel as though i must have done something very well in my previous life to have met your family.” everyone at the table expresses their happiness to have her truly become a part of their family. When lunch had concluded Dan, motion for donut, to follow him. She follows closely behind him & soon found herself with him in the gazebo on the back lawn. Dan, sat down on the gazebo’s bench & patted the seat next to him to indicate that she should sit down. Nervously, donut took the seat by his side & asks “did you want to talk to me about something?” he looks over at her trying his best to feign disinterest & casually ask “so, how’re your wounds? Have the bandage been replace?” she inform him that butler passin, had already replace the bandage earlier that morning. He nodded his head in acknowledgement of the information & said “so, you say you’re going to be able to repay me 20 million baht in 10 years, right? what if you can’t?” donut, look onto the floor & thought carefully before replying “i haven’t really, thought about that.” donut’s response prompted Dan, to reply “ah, i see so, that i.o.u. note is just for appearances you really, haven’t given serious thought to it, right?” anxiously, she exclaim “Dan, it really, isn’t just for appearances i do fully intend on repaying you!” dan, shot a sly look over at her & said “so, now it’s dan, & not, p’dan. I’m only your pee chai, on paper?” embarrass by his forward question donut, ask shyly “do you really, want me to call you, p’dan?” taken aback by her tone as she ask the question Dan, respond dismissively “you call me whatever, you want. Just remember, to repay your debt or else you’ll really, be in for it.” donut, smile at his brash attitude & said “i promise p’dan, to repay my debt.” at a loss for words dan, look straight ahead & comment on how the weather was very nice. donut, turn her attention towards the direction he was staring & said “of course, it’s a very nice weather the sun is the closest to the earth, today.” puzzle by her comment dan, tilt his head & ask “what’re you talking about?” donut, pointed towards the horizon & clarify “today, is the summer solstice it’s the day when the sun is closest to the earth. I’ll always remember that on this summer solstice I was lucky enough to become a part of the warmest family in all of Bangkok.” dan, look over at her smiling face & thought to himself that it was her smile that was the warmest he had ever seen. With a sense of peace the two sat in silence enjoying the warmth of the summer day.

85sNm_wDd84

sarNie Egg
Chapter 10: part-time job

Given her eventful weekend donut, was thankful to be back in school with little else to worry about besides her study. She & Dan had arrived at school earlier than usual because, he had an appointment with the school academic advisor. Waiting for the first bell to ring donut, flip through her history book & look over some of the section she had previously highlight “no, wonder you get such good mark on your exam.” said a familiar voice that cause donut, to startled. Donut, look up to see AA’s smiling face as he approaches her. He took his seat at the desk to her left & drops his shoulder bag onto the desk. Seeing that she was looking at him, AA purposes ran his hand through his wet hair & flash his winning smile at her. with a haughty air aa, ask “don’t you think my hair looks better this way?” donut, made a slight chuckle at his comment & ask “does that really, work on other, girls?” he shrugged his shoulder & said “I don’t know, as you can see I’m not too, concern with other girls, at the moment.” donut, had gotten use to his flirtatious overtures & concluded that his behavior was his way of being playful with her. AA, was typically not concern with anyone except, himself so, it took him a little while to notice that there was a cut on the side of donut’s mouth. Curious as to the cause of the cut he narrows his eye suspiciously & asks “you have a cut on your lips. Don’t tell me Dan, is the cause of that?” alarm donut; quickly reply “what’re you talking about? I fell & bit my lips causing this cut.” aa, said jokingly “well, it’s a relief that Dan’s not the culprit or else my heart with break into a million pieces.” donut, roll her eye at him & wonder if he ever got tired of constantly having to come up with such lame line to flirt with, girls. before long her thought turn to more concrete matter as she ask aa, earnestly “I heard that your parents have several Thai restaurant around town, right?” aa, nodded his head to confirm that his family did indeed own multiple Thai restaurant & ask “why, did you want to go out for some Thai food later, after school?” donut, shook her head & reply “no, I want to ask you if you need a waitress or cashier at any of those restaurant. I’ve done that before you know.” aa, wonder why she would want to work if she was staying at Dan’s house & ask “why do you need a job?” not wanting to tell him the real reason she want to get a job donut, reply “I don’t want to feel like such a free-loader at Dan’s house & want to earn some money for myself so, I wouldn’t burden them any further.” aa, nodded & came to the conclusion that because, donut didn’t come from a wealthy family her work ethics were different than those of the other student at the school which he conceded even included himself. Without another word AA, took out his phone, dial a number & waited for the other line to pick up. when he heard the person on the other line say “hello.” he reply “this is aa, I want to tell uncle, that I just hired a new part-time waitress for his restaurant.” the person on the other line said “ok, master aa, I’ll let your uncle, know. Please, bring that person by the restaurant, today.” aa, hung up the phone without saying goodbye & turn his attention back to donut, & said “there done.” donut, was surprise by what he had just done & said “just like that? Your hiring me just like that?” AA, smile & reply “of course, as you can probably tell I’m very efficient. I always go full steam ahead when I have my target in sight.” donut, was grateful to aa, for his help & thought to herself that she would be able to pay Dan, back with the wage she earn from her job. realizing that she was being rude she quickly, turn her attention back to aa, & said “thank you, so much for this.” seeing her sweet smile aa, slung his arm around her shoulder & said “your welcome just remember, to pay me back for this soon.” before donut, had a chance to remove aa’s arm from her shoulder Dan, walk into the classroom. Upon seeing the scene Dan’s eye widen as he made his way towards the pair. Before he reach them he saw that donut, had made a move to remove AA’s arm. even though, aa’s advance were clearly unwelcome by donut, the mere sight of the scene made Dan, uncomfortable enough to prompt him to ask “well, don’t you two look chummy?” aa, look up & saw Dan’s sour expression & reply “do you think, so? I think we look very cute as well.” not registering Dan’s sour facial expression donut, stood up quickly, & ask “p’aa, your back?” AA, didn’t give Dan, a chance to respond before he exclaim “what, he’s already been promoted to, pee chai? What about me?” Donut, casually reply “Dan, is the only person that I’ll recognize as, pee chai.” hearing her final statement Dan’s anger seem to dissipate as his facial expression return to its normal gruff but not angry expression. Undeterred by donut’s comment AA, reply “fine, call him pee chai, but remember to call me, honey.” Under his breath Dan, muttered “you have got to be kidding me.” not wanting to further encourage Aa, donut decided that she wouldn’t respond to his comment & turn her attention back to her textbook. AA, smile as he figures he had gotten the upper hand in that exchange. When the final bell rang Dan, pack up his material & motion for donut, to follow him into the hallway. Walking with AA, by her side she made her way to where Dan, stood. Dan, was surprise that AA, was walking out with her but still said “let’s go home.” when she within earshot. Donut, reply “I can’t go home now, I’m going with AA, to his uncle’s Thai restaurant.” shock by her response Dan, ask “you guys, are going where?” donut, explain “aa, got me a job at his uncle’s restaurant & want to take me there to meet my new employer.” Confuse, Dan ask “what job? Why do you need a job?” donut, didn’t want to explain herself & said resolutely “I just feel like working.” hearing her response Dan, finally realize that she want to earn money because, of that stupid i.o.u. note she had given him. Scoffing at the idea he angrily said “are you crazy? You can’t work. Do you want everyone to think that my family doesn’t provide for you & so, you’re being force to make a living?” donut, had fail to realize the impact of her action & lower her head not knowing what to say. Dan, looks over to AA, & said in a calmer voice “sorry, for the trouble but you’ll just have to call your uncle, & tell him that she’s not going to take that job. You understand, right?” AA, nodded his head & reply “yes, I understand. I should have thought of that before talking to my, uncle. It’ll be fine; I’ll just call him & let him know it was a mistake.” Donut, turns to AA, & apologizes to him & asks that her apologies be relay to his uncle, as well. Not wanting to linger any longer Dan, bid AA, goodbye & told donut, that they would need to leave, now. Feeling bad about her action donut, obediently follow close behind Dan, & only look back to wave goodbye to, AA. When they were in the family car Dan, turn to donut, & said “if you really, want to work that badly I’ll be sure to figure out some work for you when we get home.” confuse & worry by his comment donut, averted her eye & pretended that she hadn’t heard him.

85sNm_wDd84

sarNie Egg
Chapter 11: tight embrace

When they got home Dan, motion for donut, to follow him up the stair. She braces herself for the worst observing that the right side of his mouth was bent upward displaying a lopsided sneer while his eye begin to narrow as they focus intently on her. She could not help but compare the situation to that of a lion eyeing its prey & begin to let her imagination get the better of her. She started to picture a series of very unlikely scenarios including: 1) a scene of her struggling with sweat gushing down her forehead as she carry him on her back. All the while with him exclaiming loudly “can’t you move any faster? We’ll be late for school if you don’t pick up the pace!” or 2) a scene of herself with a horrify expression as she watch him hold up his boxer-brief demanding, “hand wash these, now.” or worse yet, 3) a scene of him puckering up his lips demanding that she give him a kiss. Startled by her last thought she shook her head, blush & wonder to herself where that came from. Seeing that donut, had not follow him upstairs Dan, loudly call down “are you coming?” without another second to lose Donut, rush up the stair & follow behind him as he enter his bedroom. Not turning around to face her, Dan said “close the door.” donut’s eye jet to the left then to the right before doing as she had been instructed. With the door close she turns back around to face him startled to see that, he was now, staring at her with a slight pout on his mouth. She smile weakly not knowing what his next move was going to be. Seeing the tentative expression on her face Dan, did his best to suppress his sudden urge to smile. clearing his throat he ask pointedly “so, you say you want to work, right?” recalling that she had earlier express her desire to work donut, reluctantly nodded her head to confirm that he was correct. Upon receiving her affirmation Dan, said “ok, good to know. I think I have just the job for you.” without explaining himself, he motion for her to follow him into his private bathroom. Once in the bathroom doorway she saw that Dan now held up a dingy looking toothbrush in his hand. he then proceed to say “every day I want you to come in here after school & clean my bathroom using this.” she look at him with a confuse expression & ask “you want me to clean this bathroom with that toothbrush?” without batting an eyelash he reply “did I stutter?” she look around the bathroom which was already gleaming bright & completely clean & wonder what it was he expect her to clean. unable to figure out the answer to her own question donut, said “this bathroom is already spotless what is it that I’m suppose to clean?” Dan looks around the bathroom & replies “it might look clean but if you look close enough you’ll see that it’s very dirty.” donut, sighs to herself & thought that Dan’s cleanliness obsession was really, a sickness. Not wanting to argue with him, donut conceded to his wish & said, “Ok, I’ll come in here every day to clean the bathroom. Was that all?” Dan, shook his head & said “of course not. I’ll expect you in my room everyday cleaning every nook, cranny & corner.” unable to sensor her word before they came out of her mouth she blurted out “you just want me in here so, you can find weird ways to torture me.” realizing what she had just uttered donut, clasp her mouth tightly with both hand & stare wide-eye at Dan, wondering what he would do next. To her surprise Dan, simply smile, sat down on his bed & said, “You’re absolutely, right. I’ll teach you to go around doing things just as you like.” resign to her fate donut, simply respond “ok, I’ll be in here cleaning everyday then.” with their daily routine set Dan & donut, were both surprise to find that several month had pass by rather uneventfully. Donut, recall that it was only a month ago that all of the legal paperwork had been complete for Dan’s grandfather & grandmother, to take over as her legal guardian. Sitting in her bedroom donut, finish her homework assignment for the week & look over at the calendar on her desk. She soon realizes that her birthday was quickly, approaching. She wonders if there was any way for her to politely hint to Dan’s grandparent that she did not want the formal party that they had been discussing over the past couple of days. She was still very uncomfortable with the idea of having everyone there focusing their attention on her. She decided that she would talk to Dan’s grandmother, privately about the matter to see if the party planning could be stop. Donut, stood up, stretch & yawn tiredly as she looks over towards the alarm on her dresser. She saw that it was already 6:00 pm & realize that she was already late in reporting to her after school job. Quickly, she made her way to Dan’s bedroom & knock on the door. She heard him call out for her to enter & walk into the bedroom. Donut saw that Dan was sprawl out on his bed watching television & said to him “room service.” in a half-joking tone. Not looking over at her, he replies, “You’re late. What kind of service is that?” she smile at his response & noted that he was always able to find something to complain about. Without responding to his rhetorical question, she went to work tiding up his already clean room. As she stacks some of the paper on his desk, she saw that he receive only a 60% on their last history exam. Seeing the score she said to herself “if you would study once in a while you could do better.” unbeknownst to her, Dan was watching her as she clean & had overheard her comment. he sat up on his bed & ask “what’s that suppose to mean?” realizing that he heard her comment donut, try to backpedal as quickly, as possible & reply “I just meant you’re so, smart so, if you study I’m sure you would do really, well in school.” he was offended by her compliment veil criticism & said “that topic is completely unnecessary so, there’s no, need for me to put any effort into learning it.” seeing his agitation donut, reply “your right, it’s very unnecessary.” sensing that she was only humoring him, Dan continue “learning history is completely unnecessary because, without it I’ll still be able to go on with my life, get marry & be successful.” donut, didn’t respond to his comment which cause Dan, to smirk & declare to himself that he had gotten the final word in that exchange. Dan’s false sense of victory only cause him to be more shock when he heard her reply “well, let’s just hope the poor girl, who marries you is ok, with having a know-it-all lazy husband, who only learn the things he like.” furious, Dan sprung up from his bed & said “manasanan donut punlerdwongsakul, you.” seeing his bright red face donut, quickly said “all done here. I’ll be going, now.” as she rush out of the room. Left alone Dan, was speechless & wonder if she really, thought of him as a know-it-all lazy type of person. Shutting off the television Dan, went to his desk, pull out a textbook & said in a determine tone “I’ll show you what type of person worrawech Dan danuwong, really is.” as he begin to furiously highlight passage in the text. Early the next morning, Dan, donut, AA & their group of friends stood near the east gate waiting for the first bell to ring. Donut, listen as the boy, talk excitedly about the new video game that was just release that week. She looks over to a small group of girls, who were pointing at her group of guy, friend & wonder why the girl, at the school did not seem to befriend her. The lack of friendliness from her own gender left her with no, other option but to hang out with Dan, & his friend. Even though, the guys were very nice & friendly donut, still could not get use to being the only girl, in a big group of, boys. Deep in thought donut, did not realize that there was a person calling out her name from a short distance away. Hearing her name being call Dan, look over towards the guy, that was making his way over to where donut, stood. Dan, nudge her with his elbow & said, “Hey, that guy, over there is calling your name.” donut, look over to where Dan, was pointing as her eye open wide as a broad smile begin to appear on her face. Not explaining whom the stranger was donut, started to walk towards the guy, leaving Dan, & his friend behind. Dan, watch quizzically wondering who could cause donut, to behave in such a manner. Dan’s confusion quickly, turns to agitation upon seeing donut & the strange guy, meet each other in a tight embrace. Witnessing the scene AA blurted out “what the heck! Who’s that, guy?” Dan, ask himself the same question & was resolve to find out the answer. Without another word both, he & AA, begin to make their way over to the overly affectionate pair.

jeeja

Miss SMILES :D
Show how am not liking AA. >_<

off topic: hehe, I like the siggie. Give back so much memorizes when I used to be crazy for PP. :D

85sNm_wDd84

sarNie Egg
Chapter 12: the other pee chai

Dan, stood directly behind donut, looking at her as she continue to embrace her friend & ask “manasanan donut punlerdwongsakul, aren’t you going to introduce us to your friend?” finally, aware of the presence of other people donut, back away from her friend & turn around to see that both, Dan & aa, were staring intensely at her. realizing how strange the scene might have appear to the guys, she quickly, said “this is kawee beam tanjararak, he & I, use to live next to each other when we were younger.” turning back towards beam, she then said “this is, worrawech Dan danuwong & aa punyapon dejsong.” as the rest of the group made their way over donut, proceed to introduce everyone to, beam. beam, politely greeted everyone & said “it’s very nice to meet you. I’m new here so, I hope that you’ll help me out.” Dan, reply coldly “looks like your already helping yourself to everything this school has to offer.” while he proceed to glare at, donut. donut, was confused by Dan’s sudden moodiness & concludes that it was due to the fact that he didn’t like to meet new people. Turning her attention back to beam, donut ask “how have you been?” beam, was about to answer the question but suddenly, stop himself mid-sentence. Turning towards Dan, & his friend beam, politely said “I apologize but I haven’t seen donut, for a very long time & would like to steal her away for a couple of minute.” with that said beam, grab a hold of donut’s hand & led her away. Unable to speak Dan, simply scoff & turn to walk towards his first class. Seeing that his friend was leaving aa, follow close behind. When he caught up to Dan, aa observes that he wasn’t in a good mood. But upon second thought he noted that Dan, was rarely if ever in a good mood. To lighten the tense atmosphere Aa, teasingly said “so, I guess there’s a new pee chai, in town.” Dan, stop dead in his track, look over at his friend & ask “what did you say?” seeing Dan's reaction aa, laugh & reply “I said you aren’t her only pee chai, now. But really, where did this p’beam, suddenly come from?” in no, mood to humor his friend Dan, said “who cares where he came from & who cares if I’m not her only, pee chai.” aa, reply mischievously “you care.” to which Dan, quickly respond “your nuts.” as he walk away. On the other side of campus donut, sat with beam, on a bench which stood at the base of a tall oak tree. donut, look at beam’s age face & noted how much he had mature since they last saw one another. She remembers crying bucket of tear the day she told him that she was moving away. donut, recall that her tear were partly because, she knew she was being sold into servitude & partly because, she was being separated from her only friend. Since donut’s father, had routinely made enemy with all the people in their neighborhood, the neighborhood children regularly pick on her at every possible occasion. But the bullying stop the very first day that beam, had move into the neighborhood. He had witness several of the neighborhood children shoving her around & harassing her & came to her rescue without any hesitation. From that day forward the two were inseparable & had formed a very close bond. beam, was in every sense of the word her, pee chai. Wondering why he was present at her school she ask “p’beam, you’re enroll at this school, too?” beam, smile & reply “yeah, my parents enroll me last week. You must be wondering how a poor person like me could afford to go to a school like this, right.” donut, shyly nodded her head knowing that tuition at the school was very expensive. beam, explain by saying “well, a year after you move away my parents receive a word from a lawyer in America that my father’s uncle, had pass away. The lawyer told my parents that my father’s uncle, had left a large sum of money to our family & that we were to be flown out to America so, that they could carry out the will. When we got to America we found out that my father’s uncle, was the president of one of the largest hotel chain in Thailand.” donut, listen intently amaze at the story that was being told & said “wow, it’s just like in the series. You’re like a real life Thai drama hero.” beam, laugh at her description of himself & jokingly agreed. He continues with his story saying “my family was living in America for the last two year working out the detail with the hotel management & their lawyer. Since my father, doesn’t know anything about running a hotel he agreed with the board decision to buy out the share that his uncle had left him. so, here we’re richer than we ever thought possible.” stun by all she had just heard donut, comment that she didn’t know what to say to him & wonder aloud “should I start calling you beam, now?” he shook his head, flash an adorable smile at her & said “you know, you can call me whatever, you want. I didn’t even say a single word when you use to call me monkey head.” as he finish his statement donut, reach out her hand, cup his face with her thumb & index finger moving it from side to side before saying “looks like you’ve grown into your monkey head. I think I’ll just call you p’beam, from now on.” curious as to why donut, was attending the school beam, ask her the same question she had pose to him a short while ago. She diligently told him of her own circumstances & beam as she mention the kindness of Dan's family. donut, omitted the part of the story where her father, had re-sold her to the owner of the card room as it wasn’t something she want other to know about. Upon hearing donut’s story beam, ask “worrawech Dan danuwong, he’s the guy, with that stone cold look on his face, right?” donut, smile at beam’s description of Dan, & reply “yes, that’s right. p’dan, looks very mean but I think it would be very hard to find someone as nice as him.” donut’s response cause beam’s smile to slowly, disappear as he thought to himself ‘she’s living with that guy, & is comfortable enough to call him, pee chai?’ seeing that his expression had change Donut, ask “are you, ok?” beam’s smile re-appear as he reply “I’m fine, just getting nervous since school’s almost starting.” unable to continue their conversation as the first bell rang donut, ask what beam’s schedule was like & noted that they only share two classes together. She asks him to meet her on the east lawn since her & her friend usually, ate lunch there. He promises that he would meet her there & the two said their goodbye before heading off to their respective class. donut, reach the classroom just in time. If she had been only one minute late she would have been penalized by the teacher. Out of breath she took her seat behind Dan, & smile weakly at aa, who was now, staring at her. The teacher begin his lesson & by the middle of class instructed that the student break up into groups of three to complete a group assignment. As was usual donut, Dan & aa, form a group & begin working on the assignment. It wasn’t long before their discussion of the assignment question turn into a discussion regarding, beam. aa, prodded donut, for answer to get at the root of her relationship with, beam. aa, ask bluntly “so, is he like your first love or something?” startled by the question donut, quickly respond “of course not. He’s like a brother, to me.” Dan’s furrow brow loosen up as he heard her response & continue to listen as aa, joke “you seem to have so, many brother, right, Dan?” Dan, roll his eye & didn’t respond to the question. Dan, simply said gruffly “stop talking about this nonsense we need to get back to work on this assignment.” aa, chuckle & reply “& since when were you such a studious person.” not waiting for Dan, to respond aa, turn back to donut, & look over her face which cause her to become self-conscious. when aa, had complete his examination of her feature he said “with a face like that I can see how the bees are always swarming around you.” Dan, made a quick “aish” sound before replying “yeah, with a face like that the bees are all swarming so, they can get their chance to sting her.” offended by the comment donut, reply “if I’m so, unattractive who ask you to look. don’t look at me anymore.” angry, she move her desk away from those of Dan & aa’s & look straight ahead as she begin to ignore them. Aa, look at his friend & said “wow, you’re really, good at pushing her button.” Dan, look over at her angry expression, shrugged his shoulder & reply “she should be use to it by, now.” once the lunch bell rang donut, walk out of the class ahead of, Dan & aa. The two met up with their group of friends & follow her as she headed to the east lawn. When they arrive they saw that donut & beam, were already seated on one of the bench table underneath the main awning. Dan, took the seat across from donut, & watch as she chatted happily with, beam. aa, sat down beside Dan, & begin to eavesdrop on donut & beam’s conversation. Not wanting to be left out of the conversation Aa, interject from time to time to ask question. The three talk happily as they left Dan, to feel as though he was the odd man, out. Ignoring his growing agitation Dan, began to shove food into his mouth. Before he could continue he heard donut, exclaim loudly “don’t eat that!” startled by her loud exclamation he drop his spoon & look up. He watches as she pulls his lunch plate towards her & smile to himself while he watch her pick out the peanut from his lunch. beam & aa, look on with confuse expression on their face before Aa, ask “what’re you doing?” donut, look up from her task & reply “Dan, can’t eat these peanut. we had them in a dinner dish a couple of nights ago & he had a very bad stomachache for the rest of the day.” aa, finally understood what had cause young master danuwong cold exterior to suddenly, warm with a slight smile & thought to himself ‘& you say you don’t care.’ watching as donut, continue to look through Dan's lunch beam, frown & wonder whether, donut had already given her heart to someone else when he had waited five long year to give his heart to her.

85sNm_wDd84

sarNie Egg
Chapter 13: prickly worrawech Dan danuwong

with yet, another week of school behind him, Dan look forward to a relaxing weekend & was shock when he found himself waking up so, early on a Saturday morning. Recently, he had been studying very diligently & found that in doing so, he had earn much higher mark on his practice exam. After the next exam session he would be able to show that conceit donut, that he too, could get good mark if he wants. Although, the extra studying & lack of time to play video game bother him, Dan felt proud of his result & hope that his parent would be happy as well. He felt a slight draft in his bedroom & wonder if it was raining. Dan, look outside his window & was surprise to see that it was pouring. Standing by the window he shivers as a light draft crept through the windowpane. The cold sensation made him wonder whether, donut’s room was warm enough. He went into his closet, rummaged around before finally, finding the electric blanket that he had stashed away. he reason to himself that he should bring her the blanket because, if she was warm she would avoid getting sick which would mean he would be spare the trouble of having to hear her whine all day. With that settle he made his way towards her bedroom & knock on the door. He didn’t hear a response & knock once again but was still met with silence. He look at his watch & saw that it was only 5:30 am so, he was sure that she should still be in her room at that early hour. Worry, he open her bedroom door & tentatively look in. by the light of the hallway he could make out her small frame tossing & turning in bed. Sensing that something wasn’t right he enter her bedroom & walk to the side of her bed. Reaching her bedside he bent down to take a closer look at her & saw beads of sweat streaming down her forehead. He observes that even while she slept a fearful expression overtook her face. He could tell that she was in the midst of a very bad nightmare & didn’t want to startle her by waking her up. He heard her repeat the word “please, don’t.” over & over again. Before he could decide what he should do to help her, donut’s eye jet wide open & she unconsciously grab a hold of him, hugging him close to her body. Shock by her sudden action his body stiffen but soon relax upon hearing her soft sob. Clearly, she was in need of comfort so, he draped his arm around her shoulder & pull her in for a tighter embrace. Dan, didn’t speak as she continue to cry on his chest. In between burst of sob she said “I was back there again. Even though, I’m here right now, every night I dream that I’m back in that cold shed at that horrible card room.” Dan couldn’t imagine what type of turmoil she had experience over the past couple of year & his heartache to know that he couldn’t do anything to erase her pain. wanting to reassure her that she was safe he said “I know, that it’s hard to forget the past but just remember, that when were together nothing, bad can ever happen to you.” comforted by his kind words donut, hug him tighter & realize that she had never felt so, safe in all her life. feeling her heartbeat speed up she suddenly, became embarrass by their closeness, averted her eye & quickly, let go of him as she back away. Dan, look at her with a worry expression. He sense that something wasn’t quite right with her behavior & ask “are you ok, now?” donut, nodded her head but didn’t vocally respond. Dan, figure that she was probably self-conscious of her past & embarrass that she had let him see her cry. He wants to ease her sense of embarrassment by changing the subject & handed her the electric blanket he had brought. Looking around her room he said “your room is really, cold so, use this. It might help you sleep better.” donut took the blanket & thanks him for the nice gesture. He stood still not knowing what he should say next & watch as she lay back down & covers herself with his blanket. Worry that she would be too, scare to go back to sleep he ask “do you want me to stay here until you fall asleep?” before fully contemplating her answer donut, nodded her head indicating that he should stay. With that signal he grabs a chair & set it by her bed & took a seat. It dawn on her what she had just consented to & she felt the quickening of her heartbeat once again. Seeing him sit uncomfortably in the chair donut, ask in a concern tone “aren’t you cold?” Dan didn’t want her to worry & reply that he wasn’t cold. She could tell that he was lying since she saw the bottom of his jaw line quiver. Feeling bad for asking him to stay she timidly ask “would you mind sitting here on my bed next to me until I fall asleep?” Dan’s eye scan the room & wonder if it would be appropriate to do so, but finally, thought it would be for the best since her room was much colder than he had anticipated. He nodded his head in agreement & cautiously made his way onto her bed. Donut, handed him the electric blanket that he had just given to her & said “here, you can use this until I fall asleep.” he thank her for the blanket & proceed to cover himself. He watches her as she sank deeper into her cover & shut her eye. Dan, wonder to himself what could be done to help her with these reoccurring nightmare. Within twenty minute he saw that she had fallen back to sleep & made his way off of her bed. He took the electric blanket & covers her carefully before leaving the room. When he returns to his bedroom he was still worry about her condition. He felt that if she continues to constantly have that type of reoccurring nightmare her health & well-being would be severely damage. Unable to go back to sleep he went downstairs & headed towards butler passin’s living quarter. Butler passin was surprise to see his young master, up so, early & ask if anything was the matter. Dan, ask butler passin, if he knew what someone could do if they kept having nightmare. butler passin, thought for a short while & said “I know, someone who has this problem & she said that having something like a security blanket or an item that makes her feel safe to hug throughout the night usually, help.” Dan thought to himself ‘well, I can’t very well stay in her room every night so, she can hug me as she sleep.’ seeing that Dan, was deep in thought butler passin, ask tentatively “are you having trouble sleeping?” Dan shook his head & said “a friend of mine has this problem.” to which butler passin, reply “must be a very special friend to have you so, concern.” Dan, look at his butler & reply “yeah, I guess she’s kind of special. Anyhow, thank you, for the information.” with that Dan, left to go back to his bedroom. Sitting back on his bed Dan, contemplated the idea of a security blanket & look around his bedroom to see if he had anything like that. when his eye finally, set on a small stuff porcupine plushy doll sitting atop his shelf he nodded his head & said “she can use that in place of me.” he grab the stuff porcupine which he had won at a fair a few year ago & went to his desk to jot down a message on an index card. The next morning, donut awakens & felt very tired since she didn’t have the most restful sleep. She recalls the earlier event between herself & Dan, & involuntarily blushes as she smile. getting out of bed she notice that there was a small stuff animal near the door & walk over to see what it was. Her slight smile quickly, became a wide grin as she saw a very cute porcupine starring at her with its wide eye. She picks up the toy & the index card next to it & read to herself “everyone says I’m very prickly so, if you have any more nightmares & I’m not around hug Dan Jr. & you’ll be safe.”

jeeja

Miss SMILES :D
“everyone says I’m very prickly so, if you have any more nightmares & I’m not around hug Dan Jr. & you’ll be safe.”
He is so sweet! :D

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
lol...nice...i luv it...

off topic: i like your signature page...watched that movie like the 5th time now...lol...XD

85sNm_wDd84

sarNie Egg
Chapter 14: amusement park
donut, place the index card in the top drawer of her desk & held up Dan jr. with both hands as she said “your just like him prickly, on the outside but soft & warm on the inside.” as she place Dan jr. on her bed she began to worry that her inability to forget her past would become a source of burden for, Dan. for the sake of them both, she was determine to let go of her painful past & only focus on living her life in a positive & grateful manner. Feeling uplifted donut, made her way downstairs & saw that the entire family was already assemble in the dining room. She bow & made her formal greeting to the adult before taking her seat next to, Dan. Before she was able to thank, Dan for his gift the adult begin to ask her question regarding her idea for her birthday party. Seeing that they were excited about throwing the party donut, decided that it would be impolite to refuse the offer. She smile & reply “I really, don’t have any idea. I’ll be happy with anything.” Dan’s grandmother, smile & said “16 is a very special age for any young girl, so we’ll do our best to put together a great party.” agreeing with her mother-in-law’s comment Dan’s mother, added “yes, that’s absolutely, true 16 is a wonderful age. The party will give you a chance to meet some of our extended family as well.” joining in the conversation Dan’s grandfather, said “but this isn’t a party for us adult we should be sure, to invite her friends as well. Donut, is there anyone from school who you would like to invite?” donut, thought for a short while, before answering “I really, don’t have anyone outside of Dan’s group of friends so, maybe we could just invite them.” thinking for another second, she excitedly, remember “oh, yeah. I would also like to invite p’beam, as well.” Dan’s grandfather, ask with an interested tone “beam? Who’s that?” donut, smile & happily reply “he’s my best friend from my old neighborhood. he just move here & is now, attending school with us.” Dan’s grandfather, smile & said “of course, you should invite him.” donut, smile happily & said “thank you, I’ll ask him when I get to school on, Monday.” seeing her excitement as she talk Dan, became agitated & said to himself “jeez, your already this happy just mentioning that, guy.” Dan’s grandmother, was a bit surprise that donut, didn’t have any female friends & ask “you really, don’t have any girl, friends from school?” embarrass, donut slightly, shook her head to indicate that she indeed, didn’t have any girl, friends at the school. Dan’s grandfather, could see her uneasiness & said “those girls, probably aren’t making friends with her because, they’re jealous of our donut’s beauty.” donut’s happiness from receiving such a nice compliment quickly, disappear as she overheard Dan, scoff & mutter under his breath “yeah, right.” she found herself becoming more upset by the fact that he apparently, thought very little of her. She recalls that this was the second time, in the span of two day, that he had indirectly, called her unattractive. Before breakfast concluded butler passin came into the dining room & announce that donut, had a visitor at the front door. seeing that donut, Dan & Dan’s grandfather, were becoming concern from his announcement butler passin, quickly continue “he’s a young boy, by the name of, beam.” upon hearing the clarification Dan’s grandfather, breathed a sigh of relief while his grandson’s expression change from that of concern to annoyance. Without excusing herself from the table donut, rush out towards the front door. Dan’s grandmother, laugh & comment “must be quite a boy, to make donut, forget her manner like that.” everyone but Dan, laugh at the comment. When donut, reach the front door she saw beam, standing there with a broad smile on his face. Surprise that he was there she ask “how’d you find me?” beam, reply “I have my way.” she motion for him to come in & pull him towards the dining room area. With her hand still on his arm she greeted everyone & said “I want to introduce everyone to, beam kawee tanjararak. He’s the friend I was telling you about, earlier.” beam, politely bow & said “it’s very nice to meet you. I’m sorry, to have come unannounced disrupting your breakfast.” Dan, muttered “oh, so, you do know your being disruptive?” his mother, nudge him as she overheard his comment & said under her breath “don’t be rude.” Dan’s grandfather, reassure beam, that there was no, interruption of their meal since it had already concluded. Excusing themselves from the group donut & beam, walk out of the dining room & didn’t notice that Dan, had follow them out. When they arrive in the main sitting area donut, ask beam, “what’re you doing here?” beam, respond that he had come to take her to the amusement park. looking out the window donut, said “but it’s wet outside how can we go to the amusement park?” he smile at her & ask “have you forgotten about that indoor amusement park near the south side of town?” she thought for a short while, & finally, recall that there was such a place. beam’s face beam as he ask “do you remember, what I promise, you on your last birthday when we were together?” donut, nodded her head to confirm that she did remember, & reply “you promise that when were older & you had save up enough money that you would take me there for my birthday.” beam, was happy that she remember, & said “since your real birthday is on a school day, I thought, I’d take you, today.” donut, smile & reply “ok, that sounds great. I just need to ask for permission before we go.” donut, ask beam, to wait for her while she went to ask for permission. With that she headed out of the main sitting area & bump into Dan, who was standing in the hall just outside of the room. startled, she ask “what’re you doing here?” Dan, didn’t respond to her question & simply said “so, your planning on going to the amusement park?” upon hearing his question she ask “were you spying on us?” even though, he had been Dan, was the last person to admit it & answer “no, I was walking by & you & your guest were speaking so, loudly that I merely overheard it.” not wanting to keep beam, waiting donut, reply “yes, were going to the amusement park. Why?” trying to sound nonchalant he replies “no, reason just thought you’d be polite enough to ask me to come along.” donut was surprise by his response & asks “you want to go, too?” he said casually, “yeah, why not? I don’t have anything else plan for the, day.” although, she was still somewhat, angry with him for his early, comment she realize that she was happy at the thought of him coming along & said “ok. Let’s go ask if we can go.” with a slight smirk Dan, nodded his head in agreement & the two walk back together to ask for permission. With permission granted Dan & donut, return to the main sitting area together. Donut, said as she enter the room “let’s go.” beam’s happy expression quickly, became sour as he saw Dan, standing beside, donut. Seeing his expression Donut, said “oh, I’m sorry, I forgot to ask you if it was ok, if Dan, came along, too?” beam, force a smile & said “of course, it’s ok. The more the merrier.” at that comment Dan, said “if that’s the case we should ask if AA wants to go along as well. He really, likes that kind of place.” donut, agree happily & watch as Dan, went off to call, AA. When AA, finally arrive at the house the four headed out towards the indoor amusement park. Since she was the smallest person donut, was sandwich between, Dan & beam, in the backseat of the car while aa, sat in the front next to the, driver. AA, look back at the three & observe that donut’s smile starkly contrasted with Dan & beam’s sour expression. AA, slightly chuckle & said to himself “manasanan donut punlerdwongsakul, you really, don’t know what you’re getting yourself into.” when they arrive at the venue donut’s eyes grew wide as she took in the sight & sound of the amusement park. She smiles widely, as she saw the cute stuff animal hanging in every booth & was becoming hungry at the sight of all the delicious looking food. Dan & beam, both took out their wallet to pay for the admission & look sternly, at one another. Seeing the scene AA, quickly handed the park attendant some money & grab the admission ticket. Donut, watch the scene wondering to herself why Dan & beam, didn’t seem to get along very well. Again, she concluded that it was because; Dan didn’t get along well with most people. Once, inside AA, pull Dan, back letting beam & donut, walk off together in front & ask “are you really, going through with this?” Dan, look at the various ride, sigh & said “I think, I’ll be, fine. I should have gotten over my motion sickness by now, right.” AA, look at his friend & shook his head “it’s not the flu. You don’t get over motion sickness.” Dan, said in a haughty tone “I’ll be, fine. Don’t worry, about it.” With that Dan, pick up his pace to catch up to, donut & beam. AA, watch his friend & said “that dolt seriously, like her.”