Subtitling tutorial!

preawXXsornram

sarNie Fansubber
Need help subbing please ... :D

I've never done subbing before, and it's my first try, trying to play around with it. Hopefully I can help sub something.
But I'm all confused, can someone help me please. I followed the steps Darvil said to do... and I managed to get one line sub to show up... but the following lines won't show up at all. Can someone tell me what I did wrong or show me again how to do it? Thank you in advance.
press INSERT. another line will come up

Mara Phang

sarNie Adult
Thanks Darvil!! I understand how you did everything. Sajenna taught me also. However, I was just wondering do you know how to convert the Subrip format into wmv so I could upload them on youtube using Windows Movie Maker?

kate666

sarNie Juvenile
Wow...just try the software. It's much easier than using Ulead (which always turn me down in the middle of subbing). It's very easy indeed.

Thank you!! I hope to try the software with my first-ever drama subbing project soon. XDD

amythao

sarNie Adult
It their any other subtitle software that is different from Subtitle Workshop? Because the software alway die on me half way when I try to sub.

Also, how do you put the subtitle and the video together?

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Thanks Darvil!! I understand how you did everything. Sajenna taught me also. However, I was just wondering do you know how to convert the Subrip format into wmv so I could upload them on youtube using Windows Movie Maker?
I subbed like 3 minutes of something...and it works fine for meeh...now i know how to sub and everything...how do you convert subrip format into wmv? i tried using convertxtodvd or whatever that program is but it doesn't support it or something.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
probably a stupid question, but what's hard sub and what's soft sub?

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
even though i dont sub i can tell u the difference.. ^_^..

hardsub is on the video.. meaning it's merged with the video..

softsub isnt on the video.. ^_^.. theres another program to open up the subs..

it's sumthin like that.. hope i helped.. ^_^..

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lol Ok Hardsubbed is when the subtitles are already in the video and you don't need to open any additional files, but softsubs are .srt .sub .idx files that open when you click "play subtitle if available" etc... I personally prefer softsubs because you can burn the video without it and you can turn them off but if you burn them a program like convertxdvd then it will auto encode it in for you

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
:eek: WOW it has been so long since I came in here. :lol:

what you could do is watch the movie on any media player, while watching, open notepad and type in everything being say in the notepad. Once you're done with that you could use subtitle workshop or my personal favorite subtitle ware "aegisub". Load your notepad and movie, and start timing. I just find that it save a lot more time this way. (at least for me)
I know it's like over 2 years now, but still I want to thank you for your reply. ^_^ lolz

press INSERT. another line will come up
Thank you, I finally figured out why it didn't work last time. I didn't entered the correct timestamp. :lol:

ok i need help. i got all the subbing part done and everything now how do i save it with the video file?
If you're still need help go read tutorial done by Thuynmt at Stars Subbing Team section.

OK I GOT A QUESTION/PROBLEM :D Although I can use WS4, but I still like this version better, and it was working fine until my computer caught some bugs few weeks ago. Therefore I was wondering if anyone have similar problem as me.
After I was done with timing and save my work and then exist/closes the program, but when I want to go back and load the subtitle to fix or continue where I left off, I can't seem to get the video to open properly. (I have to use/cut new video in order for it to work). The subtitle loaded, but the video doesn't show up. I can hear the sounds from the video, but the screen it's just blank/black on where the picture/video suppose to be showing.
So my question is, does anyone have the same problem or was it just me?
And lastly, does anyone know what cause it to be like that OR how I can fix it?
Thank you and hope someone can answer me. ;)

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
you need to reinstall it, i use to have the same problem and after reinstalling it, all is fine now. when you delete it, use ccleaner to be sure it not remains some little marks in the register.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
:angry: So mad and tired with this program, :wacko: I've been working on fixing, deleting, reinstalling, deleting, reinstalling, and repeat numerous time for the pass two days without success, but after many, many hours being frustrated I finally found the solution. :angry: I can finally get my work done now. ^_^

So if anyone else is having the same problem as me ... here is an easy fix ... credit and thanks to cgha.

If U use Klite Codec Pack,Pls disable auto load DirectVobSub..
Here's how to do it :

All Programs/KLite Codec Pack/Configuration/DirectVobSub/General/Loading/Do Not Load (scroll down button)/Apply/OK

Violla.....