Stolen

cikna

sarNie Adult
This is my first time dabbling in fanfiction writing. Hopefully I can finish writing this. Hahahaha!!! :lol: . I'm totally new to this fanfiction writing, so, pls ignore any abnormality you find in the story :blush: . Anyways, when the idea came about, the ONLY two people I thought of as the characters in story was Matt Peeranee and Kik Danai. Weird rite?? :wacko: Here goes:

STOLEN

Prologue:

People speak of love at first sight...Does it really exist? Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. What about loving a person for who she or he really is? Accepting both of her or his strengths and faults, how many can really do that? But one thing for sure, when you find that person, that one person who you just can't forget or you can't really justify why you fall for her or him, well, that means your heart has been STOLEN....

cikna

sarNie Adult
Part I

She knew her life would be difficult but she never thought it would be almost impossible to swallow harsh words people threw at her. A juvenile delinquent like her was perceived as a bad person, a product of a bad gene. She has lost count how many times she cried and how many times her heart was hurt by what the person she loved the most, the person whom she cherished more than her own life, betrayed her and given up on her. Her heart and her soul were shattered into million pieces. Being betrayed was more tormenting than being taunted as evil and a murderer….

6 years later………

So many things had changed for Sara. She would never thought she would become the person she was today if it was not for that dark tragedy. Though it was the most daunting and sorrowful event of her life, at least one good thing had come out of it. She had now become a stronger person, physically, emotionally and spiritually. She had faced the worst kind of experience. Now, she felt she can do anything, regardless of what others say about her. And she was not alone. Her mother was her driving force.

After being released from the juvenile jail 3 years ago, Sara had been working hard day and night to get a better life for her and her mother. She worked at a small coffee shop from morning till evening. Then, after work, she came home and helped her mother to prepare desserts to be sold at a nearby night market. At night, she goes to classes offered by a local university, trying very hard to get a degree. It was the end of first semester. Sara knew it would be challenging but she had made up her mind not to let her dark past haunt her anymore. She was grateful that her counselor from the juvenile jail, Ms Prissana helped her to get back on own two feet. Ms Prissana guided and helped Sara when she was a juvenile delinquent at the jail, encouraging her to stay strong, to be independent and continue her high school studies even though she under jail arrest. She even introduced Sara to Mr Somchai, her cousin who owned a small coffee shop. Mr Somchai was one of the few people who knew about Sara’s past. But he was as kind as his cousin. He was a firm believer in second chances. Sara could never forget the kindness both Ms Prissana and Mr Somchai had done for her.

One day, after finishing her shift at the coffee shop, Sara was in a hurry to go home. On her way out of the shop, she accidently bumped into someone. She quickly apologized.
“Sorry! It was an accident. Are you ok?”

That person she bumped into was Pat, a doctor working at nearby private hospital. Pat looked up and saw whom he thought was the most beautiful person he had ever laid eyes on. She had no make up one but her facial features were hard to forget. She has a pair of the most exquisite eyes he had ever seen. It was greenish brown. She was fair and she had the most reddish, well defined lips. He couldn’t stop but stare at her.

“I’m..I’m fine. Thanks”. Pat scolded himself silently for being too obviously silly in front of that young woman. On the other hand, Sara felt a bit awkward being stared like that and all of sudden, a strange feeling came rushing. She could feel her cheeks burning red.

“Erm,..well if that is the case, I think we’re all good…” said Sara while putting both of her thumbs up. Pat couldn’t help but grin and he managed not to laugh in front of the poor young woman who began to get more uneasy. “Yes. No worries.” Both of them just stand there, looking at each other’s face, as if time had frozen. Then, Pat acted first. “Let me get the door for you. You were on your way out, right?”

“Right. Thanks.” Then, Sara left. As she walked out of the coffee shop, she began smiling thinking about the nice guy she bumped into just now, unaware he was also thinking about her.

At home, Thip couldn’t stop wondering why her daughter acted so differently, smiling and gazing into thin air like a dork. She wanted to ask but later decided not to. It was good she was smiling a lot, and smiling happily. It had been too long Sara looked this happy. She deserved to be happy. What happened 6 years ago was never Sara’s fault.

Sarah was unsure of this emotion she had been having since he bumped into that guy. Is this what some people call love at first sight? It felt good but then the moment she thought of her dark past, her smile faded away. Her heart had been hurt severely before. Betrayed and condemned to a point she didn’t want to live anymore. But her mother kept her alive. And she promised herself to guard her heart, protect it from being trusting and loving towards others except to a few people only whom she felt she could confide in.

Many men had made advances towards her but she has never even given a thought of starting a relationship with anyone. What mattered the most to her were her mother and their future. The rest did not count. Sara was struggling inside; she felt a connection with the guy she bumped into at the coffee shop, as if a strange power drawn to him but her mind kept reminding her about trusting and maybe loving others may not be right for her. After a while, she decided to listen to her mind.

Pat couldn’t stop thinking about the girl he met at the coffee shop. He wanted to know more about her. The next day, he went there before his afternoon shift started. He saw her, at the counter, writing something. She looked focused and calm. He walked towards her and tried to start a conversation with her.
“Hi! Remember me?”

Sara was taken aback by his words. She stopped listing the things that Mr Somchai asked her to get for the shop. At first she didn’t know what to say but she knew she had to say something. She had to. It was better to put a stop to something that should never begin at all. She decided to remain casual and treated that guy as one of the many customers of the shop.

cikna

sarNie Adult
Part II

“Yes. Can I get you anything, sir?”
“ Just black coffee.”

Sara immediately turned to the coffee maker to get the guy his coffee. As she was doing that, Pat asked her for name. Sara just kept quiet, pretending she couldn’t hear him. Pat thought Sara couldn’t hear him. So, he waited for her to finish making his coffee.
“Here you, sir. That would be $2.50.
“Em, here you go. By the way, may I know your name?”
“Sara. Anything else?”

Pat didn’t know what else to say. Then, someone tapped his shoulder from behind. Another customer was waiting to make his order. Pat stepped aside. But he was not ready to move away from the counter yet.
“What time do you finish work?”
Sara didn’t want to embarrass him by not replying his question but at the same time she wanted him to leave. So, she a gave a “safe” answer.
“I’m not sure. I got a lot of work to do. Excuse me, I have customers to attend to’.
Pat felt a bit frustrated but at least he knew her name. Sara. A pretty name for lovely lady. He smiled at himself.

For days, Pat kept coming to the coffee shop and Sara kept giving him the cold shoulder. He wondered why she kept her distance. Finally, he decided to confront her after she finished work. In matter of days, he learnt many things about Sara. Thanks to Pailin, another worker at the coffee shop. Her real name was Apsara Johnston, a Eurasian. She lived with her mother in a small flat. She was a part time student, doing a degree in communication arts. She didn’t have many friends even though she was said to be kind and thoughtful. Pat could sense that Sara was very independent and strong-willed person. He was even more attracted to her.

Sara just finished her shift and as usual, was on her way back home. As she was waiting for the bus stop, suddenly stand beside her.
“Are you waiting for the bus?’
She didn’t answer. He tried again. “Excuse me, are you waiting for the bus?” She still kept quiet. Pat asked again, “Sara, are you waiting for the bus?” Sara decided to reply, cynically.
“No, I’m waiting for the plane….It’s obvious isn’t it? This is a bus stop”
Pat couldn’t contain himself. He laughed out loud. “This girl is funny too”, he said to himself.
“Ok, ok. I don’t mean to be an annoyance but I just wonder why are you being cold to me?”
“I don’t have the heart to get to know you. As simple as that.”
“Why?”
“I just told you the reason. I don’t want to. Now, can you please, stop talking to me?”

“Sara, my name is Prasit but you can call me Pat. I work at New Century Hospital.”
Sara couldn’t be bothered. When the bus came, she immediately got into the bus, leaving Pat dumbfounded. But Pat was not going to give up. He got into the bus too and luckily for him, The seat next to Sara empty. Sara was shocked that Pat came on the bus and sat beside her.
“What are you doing?”
“Catching a ride with the bus, of course! What, you think I’m gonna wait for a plane to come and pick me up?

Sara’s eyes opened wide and looked at him. She couldn’t believe that he was teasing her with her own cynical statement she gave him just now. She was beginning to get upset.
“Do you take pleasure in mocking other people?” she said.
It was not his intention to mock her. All he wanted was to get her attention. And finally, he did.
“No, no. I’m not mocking you, Sara. I just want us to have a casual conversation. You know, like friends chitchatting, making fun of one another. I’m sorry if I have offended you.” Sara just kept quiet. She thought, maybe if she gives him the silent treatment, he would eventually give up. But Pat was not going to take it easy. The more she distanced herself from him, the more he wanted to get close to her. For the remaining duration of the journey, both of them kept quiet.

When Sara reached her destination, she got off the bus and went away. Pat felt a bit of frustration but at least now he knew where she lives. He stopped at the next bus stop and called his friend to come and picked him up. He began thinking what else he can do so that Sara would not be this cold towards him.

Sara had become more unsure each day whether to listen to her logical mind or to give in to what her heart wanted. As much as she was afraid to trust someone new, it was so hard to ignore the burning needs she had inside to love and be loved by someone other than her mother. It took her more than 6 years to mend her broken heart, her pride and her mind to become independent and strong-willed as she was now. But that strength she had was beginning to crumble ever since she met Prasit. The more she distanced herself, the more she was eager to get to know him.

cikna

sarNie Adult
Ohh interesting.
Please continue:)
hi! i'm actually surprise that someone actually reads my story. kahkahkah!!! nice knowing actually do. ok. just a quick update. nov and december is not really good months for me.... <_< . but i'll try my best to finish it.

Part III

After a while, Sara realized that it was time to go home. These couple of days she couldn’t focus well in work and studies. She hated herself for that. She said goodbye to people at the coffee shop and began walking out of the shop. She was lost in her thoughts not realizing as she was crossing the road, there was van speeding towards her. The driver was talking on the phone, not really paying attention to Sara who was in the middle of the road. Then driver saw Sara, he immediately hit the break, knowing it might be too late to do so. Sara suddenly felt something hard pushed her aside and fell on her. She fell in the middle of the road and looked up. It was Pat. At first she couldn’t figure out what had happened, and then finally understood what was going on.

“Sara, are you ok? Sara?”
“Yes….”

More people surrounded them in the middle of the road. The van driver kept on apologizing to Sara, explaining to her that he was on his way to the hospital because his wife was in labour. Sara was not hurt but Pat suffered a minor cut on his left elbow.

“It’s ok. I was also to blame, crossing the road carelessly. It’s fine. Really.” Sara replied to the van driver. She realized she was also at fault for not being focused and more careful on the road. She also felt guilty that Pat had to sustain a minor injury because of her.

“Let me see that cut”
It was really a small cut and for a healthy man like Pat, the pain was merely felt. Instead, he felt happy when Sara showed her concern to him.
“It’s just small cut. Nothing serious.”
“Still, you are bleeding. Let’s go to the clinic so your wound can be treated”

“It’s ok, Sara. Like I said, it’s just a small cut. I got my first aid in my car. If you don’t mind, can you walk with me to the car?” He didn’t want to be an opportunist but this was the break he was waiting for. Finally, Sara was showing signs of warmth towards him. Sara agreed and held Pat’s hand. They started walking towards Pat’s car.
Sara took out the first aid and did what she could to treat the wound. Pat was right, it was nothing serious. But the guilt she felt was overwhelming. Pat risked his life to save hers. Pat could read what Sara was feeling. He didn’t want her to feel that way. He wanted to comfort her. “Sara, don’t feel bad. What I did was spontaneous. It could be anyone in your place just now. I wanted to help, regardless who it was. I’m glad that you are not hurt.”

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
i like this...though i have imagine different actors in this story...lol...keep writing...it's great so far...i'm also thinking of posting up a story too since i got like a ton of ideas...lol...i'll like to read more...thanks...

cikna

sarNie Adult
Actually, there is something unexpected to happen. I've mentally constructed the flow of this story in my head, right till the end. but what is in mind takes hard work to translate into writing.... :lol: . anyways, i'll try to update as much as i can. but perhaps in a week or two. :blush:

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
do continue this cikna. i like it, i want to know what really happened 6 years ago. heehee i can imagine Matt and Kik~i think it would be cute if they did a lakorn together.