spicy forum

cecilia

Staff member
Same here Cecilia. I've just been reading comments, and I just get taken aback, and now, because people who don't respect the wishes of others, innocent members, like me, who haven't done anything wrong can't even log into the board.

It just goes to show that something that one person sees as nothing, someone else sees as a big problem. I mean, I too forget to credit sometimes, and most of the time I catch myself, and I post a new comment stating that I did.

Like some have mentioned before, it's not that hard to type "Credit to _____ at Spicy." Just take the 2 seconds out of your life to type that, plaing and simple.
i agree, i admit, i forget to credit sometime, but a particular post in here make me lost it ..
i didn't know that this issue going to hurt me this much ..

it hurt so bad - i don't know what to say .. but cry so hard .. hoping this memory get erase ..
i didn't know that issue like this can hurt the friendship and love one have for another ..
i didn't know that it can be this torturing or regretful :lmao:
i just didn't expect to get this hurtful ..
or to have something like this pour out
it hurt so BAD .. :lmao: :lmao:

-ceci :lmao:

sarN

sarNie Granny
thank you ja, i've tried but it just didn't go away :lmao:
i guess i'll spam it here too ... :lol:

*hugs* .....remerber girl , the damage is already done
so u can't change it but what you can do is goes to that friend and reconcile . True friend will forgive and forgave . Nothing is serious unless you and ur friend make it serious.

cecilia

Staff member
thank you sarN, you're the best .. the problem is solved. maybe ceci is on her reckless and emotional moods again ..
i take things for grant but i do appreciate everyone's online work ethics.

cecilia

Staff member
^awe, i love you to tina :wub: .. thank you for your long explanation .. i've tried to play neutral too .. but i do really appreciate everyone's work and contribution ..
if i dislike something or think i wont' become active, i wouldn't bother joining either ... but again, THANKS to the profound ONLINE world that help shape me and the ppl around me.

sarN

sarNie Granny
umm comparing it to soompi eh? ;) Soompi has rules and members follow and those moderator are actually working and they're enforcing the rules.
:lol: so true !! im a soompi member ..for years too. SW have rule but not enforce ..well, my mod try but it still continue lmao...after awhile ..." rule is meant to be broken " ...one thing for sure , SW have the coolest bunch of unloader and contributors that make Buddie Media and Achieve section possible . O' i love the JLR 'sister and SB' s sister ...

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
^awe, i love you to tina :wub: .. thank you for your long explanation .. i've tried to play neutral too .. but i do really appreciate everyone's work and contribution ..
if i dislike something or think i wont' become active, i wouldn't bother joining either ... but again, THANKS to the profound ONLINE world that help shape me and the ppl around me.

yanno it girl; neutral is the best way to go; im think i gotta go to bed soon or my hubby wake up by hearing the keyboard lols;

neena

sarNie Adult
i'm so lost, spicy forum?...i think i've been there like once or twice...they closed now?...ha...i like sarnworld better anyways, reading the post at spicy, some have sharp tongues.

fun

Expired Sarnie
ceci don't worry you still have us SARNIES.

I am hurt too but I am not hurt because spicy did that, I am hurt because I have been going nuts since I haven't logged on there to read some fan fics and funny post. Yes, I still have others forums but just like sarnies each forum is unique in their own ways.

And I don't blame them. Those words are nothing to be. Those who are butt hurting about it are those who has done it. And I forget to credit sometimes, but I hardly take others work and post it up. I just read and that is it.

Yuna

sarNie Juvenile
oh..so that's meaning that even thought some of us haven't done anything wrong but we still can't log in too.. I really want to go there..Cause i really love them News and Inform about Lakorns. Is there anyway that we can go back again.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Sorry, I still stand by what i called them earlier "sarcastic bitches". If they shall open up again i will hot link all their stuff just to piss them off and get the forum off-line again and again. I will join as many time as possible just to screw their forum over with mis-crediting each piece by spicy. Wish me luck yall. kisses :D
That is wrong of you to do that. If you don't like it let it be.

Are you serious? This is kinda childish.
Spicy forums didn't play a big part in the blow up the JLR thread here in sarnworld.
I give mad props to Sunny, but she translated one or two summaries.
1)It was Twinky spoilers. Twinky spent countless hours translating spoilers for us. It was more than 30, 000 words and 10 pages of text!
2.)It was Cecilia and her artwork and her continuously posting of JLR related pictures.
3.)It was Grudgeprincess and her insanely long list.
4.)It was the crazy JLR fangirls who made JLR fan MV and shared it with everyone.
5.)IT was the fanatical fans at Sarnworld that woke up early to watch it live and moved the page up by 10 pages a day.
6.)It was Sarn and her sense of humor
7.)IT was StarryXing and her JLR bears. --->>pic here.
8.)It was the photoshop gifted individuals who shared their banners and JLR artwork
9.) It was PEACHES who provided immediate uploads for JLR episodes. By an hour or 30 minutes or 2 hrs after the episode ended, our girl Peaches would have the files uploaded to sendspace or MU.

Don't even....-roll eyes-

Stop complaining. I translate stuff too. I get plagiarized everyday and I don't whine about it. I don't even care.

Take for example:
I recently went to Sarnworld Wiki and found that someone copied one of my summaries on a post without crediting me. It was word for word my translation. It was pretty darn obvious that the person copy and paste my summary.I didn't give a WHO. I feel as though I'm here to dispense info and provide translation for people's enjoyment. I have the resources to do something and I do it.

Why do you even need to be credit for? I'm grateful when someone credit my work but when they don't, I understand. This is the net. People are careless. It's hard to regulate. You have to recognize the flaw and work with it.

It's not really a big deal. I don't feel the need to be recognize.
I think if you hate that people are plagiarizing you, I think you need stop translating all together because people will always plagiarize.

--Lyn

Hopefully my tone is positive but if I come off as a douche bag then so be it.
I totally understand you. I don't mind people taking my works and not crediting, well I don't have much, just about two to three summaries that I wrote but not a biggy.

Okay after posting I went to read the rest. OMG! I am having such a great time reading all the comments. This is way better than debating competition I have ever been too. Name calling is bad, but when joking I wouldn't care, but that was a bit too far
"scarcastic bitches"

Muddie Murda

smile...
lynda, :D I seriously love you hehehehe

All work is done for fun. My ideas/writings are taken but like Lynda, I just feel happy and honored even when they don't credit me. Heck, one or two of my ideas that I started are floating around the internet. I don't mind because hey, if you want to take my idea and think you can do better at it then go for it. Cecelia and her sister's words for one of my idea still stuck on me to this day. :D

And on the plagiarizing stuff, hmm, there's still controversy going on whether "translated" stuff is plagiarism or not. But I don't want to get all into that stuff. It bores me enough at school. :D

lol Kay ETA and Spicy work the same way when it comes to product. That's why you understand ]
Actually ETA was quite bad at crediting. Even when the person who provided the information was their very own staff member, the staff didn't acknowledge the person. Just wanted to point that out. :D

umm comparing it to soompi eh? Soompi has rules and members follow and those moderator are actually working and they're enforcing the rules. Members over there don't encourage stealing. I have been with Soompi for 8 years and people over there complain when their work are taken without crediting too. Oh it's just not Spicy but everywhere, Japanese forums, Korean forums and Chinese forums Some forum even write the the phrase "Don't Post This Anywhere" like a banner in every new starting thread.
"those moderators are actually working and they're enforcing the rules."
My bad. Tee-hee I give the other mods horrible reputation but for you to say that like some of the mods here don't do crap, that's just not right. Some of the mods work hard behind the scene.

Some Soompi members, mods, and rules are quite pathetic though ^_^. Some of the members there are such mod-wannabe's that it pisses me off. Probably a reason why I'm not so active anymore :D. Sure, ONE person can reply and go "Wrong section" but do 50 other people have to post and reply the same thing? "There's already a thread on p'Big on soompi somewhere." Oh gee thanks :rolleyes: . DBSK, Paris Hilton, Angelina Jolie, etc has hundreds of thread but p'Big is only entitled to one. (Just an example.)

About stealing? Oh please. You don't even know they're stealing because they don't know they're stealing. I seriously think Soompi members should shut up about stealing, esp in the art section. There was a point made on another forum "Tainted Illusion" or something. Someone took soompiers' artwork (mines included) and told others to credit her for finding them. :p Then Soompiers came and bashed her like crazy and everyone else who used the artworks and credited the wrong person. Someone then said that the soompiers uses brushes/textures/fonts/etc. without crediting. And a soompier defended other soompiers by saying, "we don't have room in our sig or thread to credit for brushes/textures/etc." BS! :D If they're so strict on protecting some "artwork" they threw together with someone else's texture, brush, fonts, and photographs, I don't know why they won't do the same themselves. (Though lately, some had been crediting everything they've used. :D However, "Soompi Stock Photo Thread" for credit is sad.) This is just those who are strict on their crediting.

Blah blah blah. Just my ran-over-by-train-cent.

fun

Expired Sarnie
lynda, :D I seriously love you hehehehe

All work is done for fun. My ideas/writings are taken but like Lynda, I just feel happy and honored even when they don't credit me. Heck, one or two of my ideas that I started are floating around the internet. I don't mind because hey, if you want to take my idea and think you can do better at it then go for it. Cecelia and her sister's words for one of my idea still stuck on me to this day. :D

And on the plagiarizing stuff, hmm, there's still controversy going on whether "translated" stuff is plagiarism or not. But I don't want to get all into that stuff. It bores me enough at school.
LMAO... I love your post. IT BORES ME ENOUGH AT SCHOOL. I really hate that word plagiarizing.

Babyt

sarNie Elites
wow..well spicy have their rules as well as sw, people should respect what they want because they work hard to provide informations to us....i love both forums....gosh, now i can't even log on to spicy...hopefully, they will open it to the innocent ones soon...

katia

sarNie Hatchling
wow..well spicy have their rules as well as sw, people should respect what they want because they work hard to provide informations to us....i love both forums....gosh, now i can't even log on to spicy...hopefully, they will open it to the innocent ones soon...
I have to agree with that

Kay

sarNie Egg
The thing about ETA back then, work wasn't always given proper credit, I admit, but when it came to managing the Official celebs' websites, that's what we took into account. Looking back then and now, things have really changed a lot in the web.

What Mai was trying to say was she understands how I feel when it comes to managing a forum. It's not easy.

I've also been a member of Soompi for years, and they work really hard and they're on a whole different level in my opinion. Each and every forum has their set of rules, as long as people go by it, there really wouldn't be a problem...but there will always be someone to break the rules.

Muddie Murda

smile...
The thing about ETA back then, work wasn't always given proper credit, I admit, but when it came to managing the Official celebs' websites, that's what we took into account. Looking back then and now, things have really changed a lot in the web.

What Mai was trying to say was she understands how I feel when it comes to managing a forum. It's not easy.

I've also been a member of Soompi for years, and they work really hard and they're on a whole different level in my opinion. Each and every forum has their set of rules, as long as people go by it, there really wouldn't be a problem...but there will always be someone to break the rules.
I think Mai's point was that ETA had stuff that was passed around without credit to ETA. My point was that ETA didn't credit properly themselves.
Sure, back then crediting wasn't as serious as it is today. So I'm just saying some ETA staff probably don't understand the situation as well as Mai thinks.