spicy forum

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Question. Why is the thread on spicy forum closed? Come on.
I wasn’t going to respond to anything involved, but now that the topic is closed, the idea that opinions should be suppressed simply b/c they offend some people is bothering me even more. This is might be uncalled for, but heck, it’s intellectually tempting so I’ll go at it anyway.

Okay, I don't know what's the deal here with spicy or/and sarnworld, or whatever it is because I still consider myself very new here. Whatever it is, frankly I don't care.

I think it is a great thing that many ppl want spicy to come back. It must mean that spicy administrators did a god job running the forum and thereby the forum became a special place in some people’s internet world.

But I can't stand it when I witness "the tyranny of the majority" suppressing the opinions of a minority. (Following from the closed thread) Just because one person decides not to conform with the larger group, doesn't make his or her opinions less valid. What happened to freedom of speech? This is a discussion forum. If we decide not to look at everyone’s opinions equally objectively, how can we get or come close to getting an accurate perspective of what the heck is really going on here. Who knows, there might be people who agree with (following from the closed thread) iheartvi’s opinions but are afraid to express them b/c it seems publicly futile given that there are so many ppl already disagreeing with him/her.

I’ve been to spicy before. Like butterfly123 said, they speak the truth and they pride themselves of it. So if anything, I think iheartvi’s choice to express his/her opinion by calling them bitches is exactly the kind of truthful and blunt response they’d rather take. I may be wrong and we may all be basing our opinions on different things… Like for instance, I’m not even addressing the plagiarism/creditability issue. And of course, if this whole offence is about iheartvi’s choice of words, yeah the word bitch is harsh, but how is the word butthead used by ceda-lee any better. Sure, some may come back and argue why there’s a difference btw the two words… but my point is… words such a bitch, buthead, idiots,.. all have too broad of a meaning.. some ppl use them everyday without thinking how it might offend others and others may be more polite…but when it all comes down to it, it depends on the individuality of the person using those words and the significance of the words arousing different degrees of reaction from different people. My point. Sometimes the truth hurts, but it’s exactly the kinds of pain we have to endure to get to it—the truth I mean. (basing my argument on Mill’s On Liberty). And by that, I mean, what is really at issue here... that people can’t accept the fact that there are those who disagree…my point is just that iheartvi’s rude expression is frankly another step towards getting to another certain truth…for instance…why exactly has spicy gone offline? Is it plagiarism issue or is it more than that? Or why have they not even bothered to come to sarnworld and address the concerns of those who oh so care and miss them so much? … Whatever the answer, my point is that all opinions, minor or major, positive or negative, are details that needs to be considered equally valid. Opinions are the building blocks for an accurate consensus. It is one thing to disagree, but to suppress is another. ( mean come on, everyone in that thread was practicing conformity. Is that really productive? Sometimes, being productive means disagreeing. You can’t just close the thread or end the conservation..That’s not how issues are resolved)

My whole response is probably unnecessary b/c I’m really indifferent to the main issue at point regarding spicy forum. But like I said, it pisses me off to see the “tyranny of the majority� at work. You guys can disagree with people, but trying to convince that person not to express his/her opinions is flat out rejecting any considerations for objectivity. You want the truth, you have to hear everyone out to come to the most accurate conclusion. Just let it ALL out, be it nice or rude.

But maybe I’m being too rational by not taking in to account the more emotional aspects of the argument. Like KhoOnxNouxWanxJai mentioned about (from the closed thread) sarnworld and spicy being sisters and if spicy disconnected from sarnworld, sarnworld would be dead? Well to that, it would be unreasonable for them to justify their disconnections simply because of one stupid (yeah I just insulted the person I’m supposedly defending) and rude response wouldn’t it. To “punish� the whole group because of one member.

It may be impossible for everyone to agree b/c like I said, the bases of everyone’s argument and opinions are always different—that’s why conflicts are so hard to resolve—b/c priorities are also different. For me for instance… I just hate any suppression of ideas and thoughts…

Nothing personal. I’d just rather play the devil’s advocate and this, I find, intellectually stimulating. Perhaps, reopen the thread and not keep things under the current? Freedom of speech and freedom of the press people.

g2g
*Whew* That was long, but I agree. I started a thread at spicy called "Annoying people in Spicy Forum" something like that...simply cause I was annoyed with all the disagreements. After awhile, everybody kept telling me I'm dramatic and I was hating...after a while, Natty told me to shut up...LOL!!! I still love Spicy :dude:. I guess some people use profanity cause that's just how speak on a daily basis. Ok, I don't know where I'm going with this. Let's just say, ditto! to your comment.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
lol yeah sarN hahahaha I couldn't be active during Jumleuy Ruk time because you know how that goes im a married girl my husband wake up to see me drooling over Harit he might be mad LOL that i stay up all night to watch a lakorn and spam about it hahahaha;

-oh gotta go get dinner ready for the hubby be back a few or a little laters; LOL
Off topic...hey, the last time I chatted with you, you weren't married? What??? I'm totally being nosy right now. LOL

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
*Whew* That was long, but I agree. I started a thread at spicy called "Annoying people in Spicy Forum" something like that...simply cause I was annoyed with all the disagreements. After awhile, everybody kept telling me I'm dramatic and I was hating...after a while, Natty told me to shut up...LOL!!! I still love Spicy :dude:. I guess some people use profanity cause that's just how speak on a daily basis. Ok, I don't know where I'm going with this. Let's just say, ditto! to your comment.
huh? :huh: But sure. ^_^

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
the thread was closed? Had no idea it was ;)

Spicy isn't going to close anytime soon.. I think they are cutting the fat and getting leaner before opening up again. Anyway regardless of what anyone feels about reusing information, credit should be given if that information is taken. EVEN if one rewrites it or take portions, credit must always be given. Think of it like open source programs on the internet. Even if someone rewrite the software, they will give credit to the original individual.

I am personally fond of the girls on spicy. They are like the naughty lil sisters that I've never had. They have a different style of running things and it might be a little too jagged for some people ;)

Also nobody should worry about SW or any other sites connected to me to go down anytime soon. Although alot of people have sites up as hobbies, networking is a career for me so I will always make sure they're up. I just might not be very active anymore ;)
LOL...you always give a good laugh.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
I was greatly disturbed when this topic was closed because of a rude comment.
I've NEVER been a fan of censorship and I was hoping not to see it here.
Thanks for reopening this thread!

The girls at spicy forums need to chill if they are mad that people are not crediting their work..
You can't really regulate whether people credit you or not. You shouldn't be angry because they don't.
We're here to enjoy ourselves and not take things seriously.
I translate, screen cap, look for thai gossip and magazine covers too for my blog. I don't care if anyone takes my work and puts it somewhere else without crediting my work. IF they credit my work, that's nice. IF not, that's okay too.

I'm here to provide information for discussion. If people get lakorn information, I have more people to talk to about lakorns. ^-^

I hope they are not talking about Sarnies taking their work without crediting because I alway see "Credit: spicy forums" everywhere.

I'm an uploader too, I'm actually glad that people will steal my uploaded stuff to their blog or forum because it means more rewards points. If someone downloads my upload, I get rewards point that can be used for a free membership to Megaupload. --OH YEA!

I translate thai lyrics too. When I see someone using them, I smile. When you're listening to music do you really care who translated them. It's really about the love of the music and wanting people to understand your point of view.

---I'm not fan of Spicy forums but that's my personal reason. I would never say that I would like them to close down. If you don't like a forum, you should stop going. No need to bash. Everything will work its course.

the thread was closed? Had no idea it was ;)

Spicy isn't going to close anytime soon.. I think they are cutting the fat and getting leaner before opening up again. Anyway regardless of what anyone feels about reusing information, credit should be given if that information is taken. EVEN if one rewrites it or take portions, credit must always be given. Think of it like open source programs on the internet. Even if someone rewrite the software, they will give credit to the original individual.

I am personally fond of the girls on spicy. They are like the naughty lil sisters that I've never had. They have a different style of running things and it might be a little too jagged for some people ;)

Also nobody should worry about SW or any other sites connected to me to go down anytime soon. Although alot of people have sites up as hobbies, networking is a career for me so I will always make sure they're up. I just might not be very active anymore ;)

That's very nice of you :) . Unfortunately, not a lot people are like that.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
the spicy girls are just over reacting. i've been a member of sarnworld from almost the beginning and everyone here is cool and we've had our share of "issues" (i should know, huh Sarn?) but this board has never gone offline because of them. sarnworld has really thrived and grown over the years because of the openness and tolerance for member's opinion unlike spicy where the forum has many restrictions and the members/admin are a close knit group that aren't too welcoming of others. i'm sorry but spicy is 2nd rate compared to sarnworld!
LOL. SARNWORLD (SARN) IS MY INTERNET GODDESS!!!.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
lol i love how we are so important.. lol..
LOL. I still love how you girls brag about yourselves. Makes things that much more exciting. It's like the #1 strategy if you're trying to piss off those that don't like you.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
LOL. I still love how you girls brag about yourselves. Makes things that much more exciting. It's like the #1 strategy if you're trying to piss off those that don't like you.

It's a defense mechanism. Without it, they're vulnerable. :)

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Oh, everyone is mentioning Mai, Natty, and Sunny, well, I miss all of them as well as Noiki and Shampoo too! :spin:

I'm not offended by Spicy's reason of absence since I am sure that I am not one those who stole without appreciating and crediting properly so life moves on for me but dude, I really miss them! -_-

sulad

sarNie Adult
Take your time gals.
I'll just be waiting.
But about the admin being harsh.
You can't just judge the cover until you the read the book.
Personally I'm not that close to the gals, but as for I know they are sweethearts.
I would totally love to get to know them even well, I have been with Spicy eversince they open and they have these issue all the time.
But they give the members so many chances.
So don't be going around saying this and that when you don't even really know the story.
Have alot to say, but I perfer to leave no further comments about it.
:D

Phew

sarNie Fansubber
Ok whoever claim this to be a friendly forum sure doesn't check so it lives up to it :mellow: thanks for the name calling, never once have I re-call any of our admins, staffs or mod call a member out with profanity words, but you know, non of this is hurting us right now, we know how we are so whatevers :p :p

But now since this has been brought up, I've been quiet for so long because I just let it slide, I've seen my own material posted right here @ SW by members without crediting me back... I know its posted by someone I actually interact with myself as well but if you are to say we're over reacting than blah go ahead because all works should get credit, small or big, that's what we are all taught at school.
Quite funny, you know the JLR thread? the thread people brag about to be so organized, and is the most organized thread in SW? Well I'll say thanks to ME, being apart of making it organized without knowing my summary is right there on the first page.. taken whenever I did not know but found out not long ago.. ahuh -_-

The one people keep on thinking you can get the same infor you get from Spicy at SW? well yes because about half of the infor is originally from Spicy anyways :rolleyes: as if most of you who are speaking against us now never been to Spicy .. yes you've been there, often and browse Spicy to know how we are and what infor we have to share. You will continue to still go to Spicy even if you hate it :rolleyes: