SO WHO OWES WAT!

Okae buddies I have a MADD issue going on and I need your opinion... About a year ago my little cousin decided to move down to (STATE) with me and due to jealousy between my cousin and ex-roommate we split. My ex-rooommate is TOTALLY ANOTHER STORY WHICH I WONT GO THERE! Anyhow... When my little cousin and I left moved out on our own I was able to get a 2 bedroom aptment under my 2 job income and credit score. Since it was only a month since she moved in with me she had no job yet. So I paid for the aptment while she was in search of a job, supported her and went to school. After 4 months of living with me she up and left me. Because school was important to me I quit my part-time job and pick up school FULL TIME. During the 4 months she lived with me she made a 200$ PLUS 300$ payment. 200$ when she lived with me and 300$ after she left a month later... Our aptment was $645 a month. When she left the next few months I paid the 645$ on my own with no trouble then soon I lost my job because of MADD drama my ex-roommate had caused. After losing my job I begged my cousin who was now living with her parents doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but surf the damn NET 24/7 to help me pay OUR aptment. YES she was on the LEASE too... We both signed it! After many many days of getting absolutely no where I asked our other cousin. She was willing to lend me 300$ on behalf of my stupid cousin and said to me that she is glady to help me out because of what the little dumb SH*T did. 2 months later I finally got a NEW job and trying to pay for school I once again asked my stupid cousin who up and left to help me pay the aptment even thou she doesn’t live with me anymore. My reason... This is OUR aptment and she is signed on the LEASE as well... After a few weeks of back and forth and her lying to me I was able to get a measly 300$ from her. After that she posted on MYSPACE how immature I was and blah blah blah. Just smack talking about how and why and etc... I mean come on...
NOW my cousin who helped us with the 300$ needs her money back. Its already been a year too and she never asked for it back. She understood my point of view of struggling and school and etc... I mean she WILLING LENDED me 300$ and the little dumb SH*T says that I SHOULD be the one to pay back the 300$. My cousin who lend us the money was like you blame her and she blames you. So my question is...
WHO SHOULD PAY BACK THE COUSIN WHO LEND US THE 300$?
PAYMENTS MADE AS FOLLOWED:
DUMB SH*T - $800.00
NICE COUSIN - $300.00
ME - $7,100.00
My total comes out for the whole 12 month we signed out lease including deposit made. I mean I spent like over 500$ supporting my cousin NEEDS and WANTS. The 500$ is not included in my total of $7,100.00.
SO... WAT DO I NEED TO DO? Should me and my cousin split the 300$? I mean I am stuck with this 2 bedroom aptment for another year cause I was LIED to by my F*CK UP APTMENT landlord. YES I THREW A TANTRUM. THEY LOWERED MY RENT BUT STILL... I HAVE A 2 BEDROOM THAT I STILL STRUGGLE TO PAY FOR ATM. ANYWAISE... WAT TO DO... MY COUSIN SIGN OFF THE LEASE AFTER LEAVING ME FOR A TOTALLY OF 5 MONTHS. RIGHT NOW SHE WORKS OR SO I THINK; AND PARTIES PRETTY HARD AND ETC... SO CALL SUGAR DADDY... blah! OR SO I WAS TOLD BY THE ELDERS... BUT ANY OPINIONS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. SORRY SO DAMN LONG....

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Honestly I think your cousin is being immature about the whole situation and you can't really force someone like that to help out if they don't want too..
With your cousin that loaned you the 300 sounds like a right idea for your other cousin to pay her, but in reality you borrowed the money so it's up to you to pay her back. I'm not choosing sides, but if I were in your situation I would be the one who pay her because I asked to borrow it.

cecilia

Staff member
Honestly I think your cousin is being immature about the whole situation and you can't really force someone like that to help out if they don't want too..
With your cousin that loaned you the 300 sounds like a right idea for your other cousin to pay her, but in reality you borrowed the money so it's up to you to pay her back. I'm not choosing sides, but if I were in your situation I would be the one who pay her because I asked to borrow it.
Sadly life is not fair, i hate it when ppl do that to me. I agree with TINAH, that since you ask for it then it's best if you pay for it. I wish that mean cousin of your know her role and help it without asking. i think that since both of you are in this together then both are hold liable for the apartment lease. As for the past time she live with you, she didn't seem to pay the full amount of her bill, it would be fair to have her back-pay what she owes you from the start.

btw. your apartment cost so much ... can't you find another room mate, just to help with the apartment lease?

2morostar

sarNie Egg
I agree with the above answers but out of curiosity where does your cousin's parents come in? They are your uncle and aunty..shouldn't they at least teach their child to be more reponsible and especially when its come to treating your own relatives? If I were you, she should contribute to her share and since she doesn't .. Don't bother having her as a cousin anymore!! Good luck with your debt...try finding someone nice and responsible to live with youn next time :D

Lionheart

sarNie Egg
A COUPLE OF THINGS-

SHE (THE COUSIN THAT SCREWED YOU OVER) IS YOUR COUSIN. YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT KIND OF PERSON SHE WAS GOING TO BE.

IF YOU DID OR DID NOT KNOW, YET STILL WENT AHEAD AND SIGNED A LEASE WITH HER, THAT'S YOUR FAULT.

BOTTOM LINE IS, YOU BORROWED MONEY FROM SOMEONE WHO HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MESS. THAT SOMEONE HAPPENS TO BE ANOTHER FAMILY MEMBER. YOU PAY HER BACK AND DEAL WITH THE BITCH COUSIN ON SEPARATE TERMS. DON'T PULL THE NICE COUSIN INTO THE MESS ANYMORE.

I SAY DISOWN THAT MESSED UP HOOD RAT AND TAKE HER TO ONE OF THOSE SMALL CLAIMS COURT. SHE TOOK YOU ON A $10,000 (ALMOST) RIDE. YOU GOTTA DO SOMETHING TO TEACH HER A LESSON.

...AND DIDN'T YOU SAY YOU STILL HAVE ANOTHER YEAR LEFT??

DON'T FORGET...SMALL CLAIMS COURT. HAHA

Lionheart

sarNie Egg
ONE MORE THING, I HOPE YOU DIDN'T CONSENT FOR HER TO BE REMOVED FROM THE LEASE, 'CUZ IF YOU DID, YOU MIGHT HAVE SCREWED YOURSELF OVER SOME MORE.

AS LONG AS SHE IS STILL ON THE LEASE, YOU COULD TAKE LEGAL ACTIONS. AND IF SHE REMOVED HERSELF FROM THE LEASE WITHOUT LETTING YOU KNOW FIRST, EVEN BETTER FOR YOU. YOU COULD PROBABLY EVEN SUE THE LANDLORD, AS A MATTER OF FACT. IF HE OR SHE DID NOT INFORM YOU OF ANY CHANGES ON THE LEGAL DOCUMENTS, THAT'S THE SAME THING AS TAMPERING WITH POTENTIAL EVIDENCE (DOCUMENTS).

Muddie Murda

smile...
I agree with Lionheart. Your cousin totally bummed off of you and didn't care about you or what you did for her after she left. The cousin who lend you the money lend it with a kind heart and it was your choice to take it or not. She didn't GIVE it to you, she was lending it, and you know you had to pay back some day. I think putting it off for a year like she did was pretty nice of her. It's just time to pay back so just pay it back and then take the little bum cousin to court. She deserves to get her ass sued. And pleaseeee find a roommate. I'm sure someone in your school is looking for a place to stay as well. Put up some flyers.

I agree with the above answers but out of curiosity where does your cousin's parents come in? They are your uncle and aunty..shouldn't they at least teach their child to be more reponsible and especially when its come to treating your own relatives? If I were you, she should contribute to her share and since she doesn't .. Don't bother having her as a cousin anymore!! Good luck with your debt...try finding someone nice and responsible to live with youn next time :D
Oh please dont talk about them. They are just as F*cked up as she is. I went thru months and months of talking to them. Their only answer was... SHE DONT EVEN LIVE WITH YOU; WHY SHOULD SHE PAY YOU ANYWAISE? I was like WTF!!! Its our aptment and we are family. I dont know what to say anymore to them even thou they are family. I HAD my dad and mom talk to uncle and aunty and same answer. SHE DONT LIVE WITH YOU ANYMORE!!!

A COUPLE OF THINGS-

SHE (THE COUSIN THAT SCREWED YOU OVER) IS YOUR COUSIN. YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT KIND OF PERSON SHE WAS GOING TO BE.

IF YOU DID OR DID NOT KNOW, YET STILL WENT AHEAD AND SIGNED A LEASE WITH HER, THAT'S YOUR FAULT.

BOTTOM LINE IS, YOU BORROWED MONEY FROM SOMEONE WHO HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MESS. THAT SOMEONE HAPPENS TO BE ANOTHER FAMILY MEMBER. YOU PAY HER BACK AND DEAL WITH THE BITCH COUSIN ON SEPARATE TERMS. DON'T PULL THE NICE COUSIN INTO THE MESS ANYMORE.

I SAY DISOWN THAT MESSED UP HOOD RAT AND TAKE HER TO ONE OF THOSE SMALL CLAIMS COURT. SHE TOOK YOU ON A $10,000 (ALMOST) RIDE. YOU GOTTA DO SOMETHING TO TEACH HER A LESSON.

...AND DIDN'T YOU SAY YOU STILL HAVE ANOTHER YEAR LEFT??

DON'T FORGET...SMALL CLAIMS COURT. HAHA
Honestly I never really knew my little cousin. I mean every year that we went to visit them in MN she was the good girl who lisn to family very well. She never once fought back. I dont know where this attitude came from nor do I even know her anymore. From the 6 years tat we were close she did sound like a VERY RESPONSIBLE COUSIN... BUT not anymore.
The reason why I ADDED my cousin to the lease was because my last EX-ROMMIE F*cked me over too cause I didnt have her on the lease. I got kicked out because of her and who's credits were ruined. ME ME ME... In the end; I was the only one F'CKED OVER! She walked away leaving me a TRASHED up aptment. Think about it! WTF man!!! ARGH I JUST HATE ROOMMATES!!!
Small Claim COURT; I thought about it and because we were family and my dad's only got 2 sisters I didnt want to push it. BUTTA NOW; I THINK I AM GOING TO! I have to stand up NOW!!! As for the cousin who lend money to us; well its was supposed to be on behalf of my little cousin cause RENT was due and I needed the money ASAP! I was desparate or else I be sitting under the bridge by now! YES I GOT A YEAR LEFT AND ONCE ITS UP IMA F*CKEN LEAVE THAT SH*T HOLE CRAPPY *SS APTMENT!

I agree with Lionheart. Your cousin totally bummed off of you and didn't care about you or what you did for her after she left. The cousin who lend you the money lend it with a kind heart and it was your choice to take it or not. She didn't GIVE it to you, she was lending it, and you know you had to pay back some day. I think putting it off for a year like she did was pretty nice of her. It's just time to pay back so just pay it back and then take the little bum cousin to court. She deserves to get her ass sued. And pleaseeee find a roommate. I'm sure someone in your school is looking for a place to stay as well. Put up some flyers.
TOTALLY! I HELPED HER ALL THAT I COULD AND EVEN GAVE UP ALOT JUST FOR HER. What do I get in return? STRESS after STRESS!!! I thought about another roommate but I'ma so fed up. I dont think I can stand another roommate without killing them. I'll have to think about it.

Thanks BUDDIES!!! I really appreciate it! I talked to my cousin who lended me the money and I said that I will pay her when I can. Because I was the ONE WHO ASKED FOR THE LOAN! Goshers I feel like its never gonna end for me!!! ARGH!!!

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I'll be frank. Family or not I think you should've thought twice before moving in with anyone, especially family. Being family you should've known her well enough to decide for yourself if she'd be responsible enough to hold up her deal of the bargain. If you didn't know her well enough, well, you really shouldn't have gotten a place with her.

Technically, even if her name is on the lease, she no longer lives there so I don't know why she'd have to pay rent still. That doesn't even make sense. Unless she was the lease holder, the main person responsible for paying rent if anything happens.
It happens all the time, people move out so that they cut their costs, obviously she didn't want to fork over the money anymore so she bailed on you. Horrible as it is of her to do so, she really doesn't have to pay anything except rent that she owed you when she was living there.

You borrowed from your other cousin, you should be the one to pay it back.

As for the lease thing, well there's a reason why they have contracts. You gotta read before you sign, apartments are still businesses and like any business they're out to make money. It's your responsiblity to know what you're getting yourself into.

As for being stuck with a two bedroom apt and the rent that goes with it, just try to find a new roommate. You did say that you'll have the place for another year, that's plenty of time to find a new roommmate to help split the cost.

Sucks though. But you live and you learn. Now you know better.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
sublease the entire apt, and go find a one bedroom if u prefer to not have a roomate. otherwise, find a new roomate to take up the spot. and the rest from here, everybody has said already: 1) pay back the nice cousin, cuz she's not a part of the mess, 2) technicially ur punkass cousin should help u find a new roomate to replace herself before she bailed, because she's still legally binded to the lease, but looking to see how she is, u'd be best looking for another roomate urself or new tenants to take up on ur lease.

and yes, although, ur punkass cousin decided to bail, she is still LEGALLY BINDED TO that lease, so yes, she should pay up on legal terms even though she's not living there. that's always been policy. u can always threaten to find a tenant to replace your portion and resign as a sublease tenant, and your cousin would be stuck with her portion until she finds someone. the landlord can then take your cousin to court for her missing portion, since you are now covered with a new tenant as a replacement for your portion. that's another option too. ^_^

GOOD LUCK. if anything, POST on CRAIGSLIST.ORG as a start for ur tenant/roomate hunt.