Smooth Operator (CH 44 : END)

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
My dear Noy, thank you so much for this great update!! We missed you too!! I'm glad Nadech finally understood his feelings for Yaya!! Wow, I really felt Yaya's sadness when she said goodbye to Nadech! :teary: On the other hand, I also felt Nadech's sense of loss and confusion. Good luck on your test and :goodnite:

Oh, someone sneak in and posted an update! :clap: Thank you naka..... I was pretty good at stalking this thread but I was re-watching DJA last night. hahaha
Great update na.... NOW Nadech knows his feelings for Yaya! Let's see how he is going to win her heart! : )

Miss spazzing with you na.... but we know you are busy.... we'll just keep stalking these posts and come if you can take a break!

Tinie

sarNie Egg
Oh how I miss Mr Smoth Operator!! Noy ja, Are u going to post new chapter anytime soon? **puppy-eye face**

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
Noy ja, I miss you...INSPIRATION for you. Photos from P'Jaew today:

P'Jaew finds ways to make-up for no kisses in lakorns. This may be the reason for matching bracelets...

Credit P'Jaew Twitter | Barry.Ya

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Hey ladies! :kiss: sorry it's been a hectic week for me, trying to catch up with homework & reading! Plus I had a wedding to attend to yesterday. I'm not sure when I'll able to update but hopefully soon! :kiss:

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
No worries na ja Noy! Just miss spazzing with you! There are so many cute and romantic BTS pictures of TNKK. The anticipation for this lakorn has reached an all time high for me! Looking forward for your next update when you have the time! :kiss: Have a great week!

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
I'm still alive ladies! I miss you all muchos! :kiss: School has kept me busy like no tomorrow >.< I hope I can update soon cause i really miss writing this FF!

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
LOL Sorry Kiki! He's so sexy.. *drool* his smile is to die for! :D Anyways I was watching Boys Over Flowers & I'm back to writing the next chapter for Smooth Operator! :D Hopefully I can finish in time tonight.

oh, you made my night!!!! ok...... will camp out here for your update na.... i need something spicy Noy....... Love all the FF with sweet and emotional things but this gal needs her spice. LOL.....

Glad to see you back here na... missed you a ton!

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
CHAPTER 22

Yaya's derriere sinks comfortably on the stool. She burries her head onto her hand, slowly sipping on her glass of red wine. Her head's spiraling slowly and her body's feeling at ease -- numb all over just like how she want it. They're playing Mariah Carey - We Belong Together in the background. The crowd chit chat loudly but she zones all the loud noise out of her mind. Never in a million year did she think she would be that woman who turns to liquor for comfort. It wasn't just isn't in her nature to turn to liquor for problem but lately, she's lost all sense of who she really is.

The past month has been rough for her. Nothing has been going on her way. First, it was the cheating incident with Chin. Then there was the promtion she's been hoping and praying for which she didn't get. All her dreams of wanting to be a editor-in-chief went out the window. She's devastated. Heart shattered to bits and pieces. To make matters worse, just earlier today she bumped into Chin and Cammy-- like adding salk to her already open wound. She thought she was over him but seeing him stirred up feelings once more. Her heart felt it was breaking all over again. She felt anger and sadness mixed in one. And the look Cammy gave her. She wanted to tear her eyes out but Yaya just isn't the fighting type. All she could do was let go. Although she wish she could suppress the feelings she still have for Chin. Wished he was merely a stranger she can disengage.

Yaya finishes the last few drops of the wine. She stares at the wine glass, feeling sorry for herself. There's no one to turn to in these desparate times. No one to turn to for comfort. So the next best thing to comfort her is alcohol. Hopefully it will be kind to her fragile heart. She couldn't take anymore pain.

"Excuse me, Miss?" a man interrupts Yaya's thought, "Care for some company?"

Yaya glances over her shoulder to a perverted man smirking at her. "No thank you. I want to be alone." she tells him sternly,

"Ahh come on..." he caresses her arm, "You look like you can use a man's company..." he winks at her.

"Do not touch me--" she flinches, demanding him, "Please get away from me. I told you I don't want any company--"

Then in a flash, he grabs by the arm, "You like it rough then baby doll--" he moves in closer to, trying to kiss her.

"Hey!"

Yaya felt the man being pried from her. Nadech to the rescue.

"The woman said no-- no means no!"

The man smirks, "And who are you to tell me what to do...?"

"I'm just a man who doesn't like seeing another man take advantage of a helpless woman--" He turns to Yaya, who's shaken up by it. "Come on Yaya--" he grabs her by the hand, pulling her out of the mess.

Once outside, Yaya finds the strength to break free from his grip. "Stop-- Wait Nadech!" She snatches her purse from him. Her head begins to throb once more, "What are you doing here Nadech!?" she tries her hardest to focus on what just happen, "What do you want from me!?" She screams, finally able to get him into focus.

"What am I doing here?" He smirks, looking around him to find the answer, "I think I just saved your life from a perverted bastard! How about that?" he shrugs, "What are you doing here Yaya? Why are you drinking her by yourself? Look at the state you're in? You're drunk..." he throws his hands in the air in disappointment, "If I hadn't been there a second ago, you would have been in some serious trouble..." his tone of voice changes, sounding sympathic, "Those guys in there could have taken advantage of you..."

She chuckles, walking closer to him, "I'm not drunk!" she blurts out, "And Why do you care...?" she's inches from his face, "Remember what you told me Nadech...?" She smirks "No man will ever love me..." she swallows hard, feeling the tears slowly welling up, "Maybe you should of have let that man take advantage of me..." she chuckles, "At least I'll be worthy to somebody just for one night..." She stares him with cold eyes, "If Chin won't love me.. no one will..." She clinches her fist, feeling a nasty after taste in her mouth.

Her words hits him hard in the chest. He swallows hard, staring into the depths of her souls. He could see the hurt and anger. She's broken into bits and pieces and there's no way to mend her heart. He clinches his jaw but doesn't utter a word.

"Now-- would you excuse me..." she pushes him out of the way, "I'm gonna go home..." she digs through her purse for her keys.

"Are you out of your mind!?" he grabs her arms forcefully, "You can't drive home!" snatching the keys from her.

"Nadech!" she shouts, doing a little dance as she tries to get her keys. "Give me... my keys!"

"You are buzzed You can't drive home!" he pushes her away, "If you get into a car accident and you'll kill yourself!"

"Maybe that's exactly I want!" she screeches at the top of her lung before collapsing to the ground. Unable to fight back the tears any long, "Why can't I just end my life right now!? Get it over with!" She cries her broke heart out.

Nadech's heart stops beating instantaneously unpon seeing her crying. He's never seen her in this kind of state before. He clinches tightly to her keys, unsure what to do.

"I have nothing left Nadech..." she sulks in pity, "Nothing...." she wipes her tears, "Nobody wants a broken down woman like me! I'm not good for anything! I can't do anything right! I might as well end my life right now so I can get this over with...!"

He could feel a lump stuck in his throat, seeing how broken and hurt she is. Suddenly he's reminded him of the time when Davika left. He was miserable months. His heart beats faster and faster upon seeing her miserable and heart broken. He had the urge to comfort her. Hug and hold her tightly.
Without thinking, he kneels down, and lifts her head up gently "Please stop crying Yaya..." he wipes her tears away. "I don't like it when you cry..." he gives her a half smirk.

Yaya's pulls back a little, taken back by his demeanor but she doesn't fight him. Something in his tone of voice makes him seem sincere and gineuine.

"Everything will be just fine Yaya..." he smiles at her comfortingly, "You might think you have nothing but I'll assure you that you have more than you think." he kisses her gently on the forehead.

Yaya wipes her nose as a strange feeling takes over. She's reminded of that night she went to see if after she found out about Chin. The way he acted towards her was something she never saw before. Sweet and gentle. Kind and loving. The warm and fuzzy feeling is slowly taking over her.

"Come on..." Nadech breaks the silence, "Let's get out of the cold..." he smiles helping her up, "I'll take you for a drive-- it'll help clear your mind." He opens the car door for her.

Yay reminds quiet, complying and listening to everything he says. She fasten her seatbelt and waits patiently in the car. She's feeling strange about this whole situation. She hasn't seen him in a little over a month. How did he find her here tonight? Why is he still helping her? She thought for sure he would stop calling after she told him she didn't need his help anymore. Her mind spins with question. Curious to know why he's back in her life when she told him she was done. Did he want something from her? The harder she thought, the sleepier she got. Not to mention she's still feeling the slight effects of the wine. She yawns and rest her head back.

Nadech glances over his shoulder to see Yaya's passed out. He smiles to himself. His heart's still racing fast. Thankful that he made it just in time to help Yaya or else she would have been in trouble. What made him go to that lounge out the rest? He wasn't sure. Something inside told him he needed to be there that night. Glad he went or else he would have regreted if anything bad happen to Yaya.

"If Chin won't love you... I'll love you Yaya...." He utters to himself, driving slower than usual tonight-- aimlessly driving wherever the road takes him. He wanted the drive to last with Yaya, even though she's sound asleep. Just being next to her made him feel something he hasn't felt in so long. Whatever it is, he sure did miss it.

He inhales deeply, getting the sweet aroma of her perfume, missing the way her sweet scent lingers in the air. He glances out the driver's window to get a glimpse of the moon. It's brighter than usual tonight. Suddenly an idea appears into his mind. He knew exactly where to take her. His smile grows bigger as he continues driving.

An hour and some minutes later he arrives at their destination-- an old lighthouse. He's smiling from ear to ear, like a little kid on Christmas. It's been ages since he came here. He glances over at Yaya, who's still asleep. Not wanting to wake her, he carefully gets out of the car. Soon as he shut the door carefully, Yaya flinches. She realizes the car is on park and Nadech was nowhere in sight. Frantic, she gets out of the car and searches for him, suddenly her buzz was gone.

"Nadech!" She shouts, searching for him in the darkness with only the moon to guide her.

"Hey, you're up--" He walks towards her.

She sigh out loud, "Where did you go?" she breaths heavily, feeling her heart beat faster. She quickly observe her surrounds, "Where are we...?" She noticed all the stars shining brightly in the dark sky. It's beautiful than ever. She's never seen it this bright before.

"We're at my parent's old lighthouse..." he points to it.

"Your parent's lighthouse?" she glances over her shoulder surprised by it, "Why are we here?"

"Well, I thought if I take you back to your apartment, you'll do the same thing you always do so I figured I'll bring you to a place that helps clear my mind." He smiles at her, "You wanna go up?" He ask.

"Uh..." she looked at it, thinking it's rather creeper than beautiful. "I don't know...." she's hesistant, "It doesn't look too safe..." she swallows hard.

"Nonsense..." he chuckles, "I've been here plenty of times before and at night-- that's the best part anyways-- at night." He smiles, "Just trust me." he grabs her by the hand and leads the way. Yaya doesn't pull back.

He unlocks the door to the lighthouse and lights two candles for them. Yaya looks up above her and notice the huge old spiral stairway. She's in awe. Stunned by the beauty of it. She's never been in a lighthouse before.

"Come on... let's go up... it's better up there..." He smiles, taking her by the hand.

Yaya smiles at him and lets him guide the way. The walk up was long and dreadful. "We're almost here..." they finally made it to the top of the lighthouse. Nadech light up more candles so they can see better. Although the full moon was bright enough.

"Wow..." Yaya's eyes widen in amazement. She's strucked by the beauty. The moon and stars shine brightly above her. The sound of the waves crashing against the rocks soothe her broken heart. For the first time in a while, she's feeling calm and at ease as she lean on the rail, looking out into the darkness. She love the mystery that lurks behind the darkness.

"This use to be my little getaway..." he walks next to her, "It was a place I use to come and clear my mind."

"I can see why..." she looks at him, "This is a beautiful view..." she smiles, "It makes you feel closer to the stars and the moon... Look at the sky-- I've never seen so many stars..." she inhales deeper, "And the air..." she closes her eyes, "The air smells so fresh over here..." she chuckles, stretching out her arms.

"Would you like to see the moon and stars more closely?" He ask curiously.

Her face lid up, "I would love to--" she smiles.

"Come..." he grabs her by the hand, going in a circular path around the roof top.

Yaya spots the telescope immediately. She's all smile. "You have a telescope?" She ask.

He nods his head, and take a peak at it. He adjust the telescope. "Come look Yaya." he tells her. She makes way over to him, carefully taking a peak.

"Oh wow..." She's blown away by it. She's always wanted to see stars up close and personal.

"Chin took me star gazing before..." she utters, eyes still fixed on the telescop, "But it was nothing like this..." she looks at Nadech, "It doesn't even compare..." she chuckles, "I'm... I'm just in shocked right now..." she looks up at the stars, "can you believe that ever little speck is a star...?" she points at the sky, "Millions.... trillions... of stars in space...." she inhales deeply. "It's amazing..." she leans on the rail and turns to Nadech, "Thanks for bringing me here..." she smiles at him. "It really did clear my mind..."

"I'm glad you like it." he smiles, "There's one more level." he points up, "You can lie down and gaze up at the stars."

"Really?" her face lid up like a kid in the candy store, "Can we go up there?" she ask politely.

"Let's go..." he grins, "Let me grab some blankets first."

"You have blankets here?" She ask curiously.

"Yes we do. This is still a house you know..." he chuckles. He returns shortly with a couple of blankets, "Don't worry these are clean. We have maintenance come every two days to clean everything."

She takes the blankets from him.

"Now, we can go..." He grabs her by the hand and leads her to the upper deck.

"Oh... my ...." her eyes lit up. Although the distance from the lower deck and upper deck wasn't big, the view was much better up here, "Now this is the definition of star gazing..." she smirks, eyes still fixated on the stars above her head.

"Let me lay out the blanket for us." he takes it from and her sets it up neatly on the deck, "Here you are...." he smiles at her.

Yaya takes a seat, knees pressed against her chest, eyes gazing out in front of her. The sound of the ocean calms her mind and ease the pain.

They sat in silence for a brief moment, just dazed in the beautiful night.

"When I was a child, parents would always bring me up here. It was always a little getaway for us. I'd have so much fun here-- staying up all night, staring out at my telescope, star gazing, waiting for shooting stars..." he inhales deeply, "I sure do miss those times..." he utters.

"Why'd you stop coming?" she ask.

"Well..." he looks up the sky, " After my father died, my mom was devastated and she didn't wanna come here cause it made her miss him too much..."

"Oh... I'm sorry..." she utters.

"I still come here occassionally but it isn't the same as when I come with my parents. It feels different... It still ease my mind and calm my nerves but it just isn't the same without my dad..."

"How did he die?" she ask boldly.

He pause, "Car accident..." he lowers his head, "10 years ago..." he utters softly

"I'm sorry about it..." she comforts him gently.

"No need to be... it wasn't your fault..." He smiles at her.

"Do you miss your dad?" she ask him.

"Always... but I know he's in a better place and he's looking out after me and my mother..." he inhales the fresh air. It's been a while since he talked about his father.

"I miss my parents too..." she utters softly, "You're lucky you have your mother..." she nudges him, "You should spend as much time with her as possible. You never know what can happen to the ones you love... they're here one day and gone the next..." she exhales, thinking about her parents. Suddenly getting emotional, "Cherish the moments you have with your mother or else you'll live in regret-- and not just your mother-- Cherish the moments with the ones you love in general..." she smiles at him.

Her words were heartfelt, hitting him hard in the chest. All he could do was smile at her, swallowing the invisible lump in his throat. Unable to speak all of the sudden. They both sat in silence. Although they're sitting in silence, looking in different direction, somehow they're in sync with one another. Words weren't needed at a time like this.

Suddenly Nadech felt something hard him on the arm. It's Yaya. She's fallen asleep. He carefully wrap his arm around her, being extra careful not to wake her. Slowly, he lays her down on the blanket. After he settled her down, he laid next to her. His head rest on the arm as he continue to stare up at the night sky. Then instantly, a warmth sweeps over his body, an arm reaches for his chest. He glances down, realizing it's Yaya reaching for him.

A smile sweeps over his face. The warm fuzzy feeling intensify his heart as he wraps his arm around her. Warming her up and keeping her close by.

"Cherish the moments with the ones you love...." her words repeats in his mind, smiling to himself, "I'll cherish this moment forever.... " he kisses her forehead, wishing time would stop this very moment so he could cherish it forever.

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
Awesome update, Noy!! :thumbsup: Thank you so much na ja!! :kiss: :kiss: Feels like forever since the last update!! I didn't know how much I miss Mr. Smooth Operator until now!!! Awww...he could be so sweet by trying to cheer her up and shared with her one of his very personal and cherished place!! This is really one of those sweet and special moment!! He really opened up to her too!!

What a sweet sweet update!!! Thank you naka. It was def. worth the wait. I was sure they were going to "kiss" under the stars like on her list but I am glad you are taking it slowly....... perfect ka!

ImmaSingaholic

sarNie Adult
Oh Noy!! I'm so happy to see a new chapter up! This is awesome update! I love this... it's so romantic na... :) I can't wait to see more sweetness from them.. thank you for the wonderful update :)

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
Welcome back hon! AWH! this is sweet chapter! I'm liking that he's taking everything slowly with her. I look forward to more of their scenes! Thank you na!