Should Hmong wear Hmong clothes to Hmong New Year?

anjos

I think that we all should wear hmong clothes to the new year....that's the hole point of having new year.....I know that our clothes is not that light but still it the new year..... and it come onces a year.....sooooo.....it good...... I love wear our traditional clothes....cuz...it let others know who I am and where I come from..... for me I think everyone should wear it....cuz...your are hmong even if some of ya...are bron in the us.....just keep the traditional going.....

SunStar

sarNie Elites
no one is always going to look extremely beautiful or handsome in hmong clothes... but it does feel very nice to wear it... makes you proud of yourself for having the guts to wear it...

my sisters used to hate wearing it b/c they thought it made them look fat... but recently... they've been dying to wear it b/c they are beginning to understand why our mom makes these clothes and the importance of it... so life is good now at our home... for now!

ceda_lee said:
I actually bought some new ones recently so I'm definitely gonna wear them this year!!!
[post="154778"][/post]​

Ha Ha, I am just like you, I have a white outfit like that girl off of Ntxawm Qaum Ntuj with Ntxoo Lauj and i wanna wear it!

poopympang

sarNie Hatchling
i think hmong people should wear their hmong traditional costumes because its basically what it is for.. i mean, you don't wear all gangster to a hmong new year.. that's just wrong.. and i bet many parents will be like this to their children:
, " you see those kids in gangster clothes! they're gangster! don't ever wear like them or be their friends... they'll beat you up.. you HEAR! if you become a gangster, ill kick you out of the house! "

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
i think we all should....i know hardly anyone wears it anymore though...but as for me...i wear them every year.....i know it can be embarassing to wear it but now that i think about it, we should be proud of who we are....i feel like an idoit for feeling embarrassed when wearing hmong clothes....cause it's a part of my culture and i shouldn't be embarrassed about who i am....

KUV YOG HMOOB, KUV HLUB HMOOB!!!

beamie said:
i think we all should....i know hardly anyone wears it anymore though...but as for me...i wear them every year.....i know it can be embarassing to wear it but now that i think about it, we should be proud of who we are....i feel like an idoit for feeling embarrassed when wearing hmong clothes....cause it's a part of my culture and i shouldn't be embarrassed about who i am....

KUV YOG HMOOB, KUV HLUB HMOOB!!!
[post="167099"][/post]​

w00t w00t! Girl, I so believe what you are saying. I mean, besides all the Traditional clothing...there's no more people doing the Traditional "Tossing Ball" Or "Pov PoB" no more... I went through some old Home Videos of everyone at the New Years and EVERYONE was pretty much wearing traditional clothing and was tossing ball...So please Hmong... Please get back in the Tradition...Do it for our Heritage...

minankumo

sarNie Adult
I think we should, but it depend on the mood.this year i dont think i'n gonna wear hmong, i'm wearing northern thai outfit with hair accessories. Every year i wear hmong n gotten tire. so decided to wear diferent.
If i dont wear hmong it doesnt mean i dont care about my culture or heritage i do. laike i say... its the mood i'm in.

YoUa

One Of Kob Big Fan
I’m too old to wear Hmong’s clothes to go to New Year but I’m love Hmong clothes.

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
I think i already posted here before but here it is again ahah :D

I think that hmong should wear hmong clothes for the new year because it only comes once every year and your parents (you...maybe) takes a lot of time to make those and you should wear them to represent your culture and besides I think that the hmong clothes are very beautiful i think that everyone s hould wear it it dont matter if you're old or young fat or skinny I think that you should wear it to represent who you are =)

^ wow that sound smart :)

lil_babe

sarNie Hatchling
of course we should...that's what we're having hmong new year for and parent still creating hmong clothes for. All this time we kept hmong culture and hmong clothes alive in generation to generation....imaging if no one wear hmong clothes to the new year...i think it would look awkward since at all generation wear hmong clothes to new year and suddenly a year no one wear hmong clothes. The point of having hmong new year is to represent HMONG....though i do think sometime hmong clothes is a pain in the neck...but at least wear it out for a day.