Shamanism & Christianism

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
ummm. im going to have to correct you all, because shamanism isn't really a term that used for when it comes to hmong religion. although we have shamans and have gotten used to the term "shamanism," it does not exist and isn't a real word.

the correct term for what we hmong we actually practice is "Animism."

but yes, please do carry on this conversation. i just wanted to inform you all so that you all will know later on when someone corrects you.
I've already said that.

And Shamanism does exist and is a term meaning:
–noun
1. the animistic religion of northern Asia, embracing a belief in powerful spirits that can be influenced only by shamans.
2. any similar religion.

Animism is the religion. Shamanism is the belief & practices of Animism.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
When i said "hearing" it was a general sample. That doesn't mean i agree with it or not.
And about my sickness, the shaman once stated that I am going to be one. LMAO! That is an interpretation. Why would I care? Does it matter? Everything is depending on how you think. My belief helps me strong this is why I stick with god. Like i said interpretation is fake but can be harmful if you fall for it. =) i didnt fall so im happy of what i am now.
i am respecting my family's religion, i never say on such a thing.
I am safe because I have chosen a better path. If I haven't known about god, i would've become worse or a shaman already LMAO! see? Thanks to god for giving me option.
Haha. Yeah yeah, next time. keep your opinions to yourself if you ain't got no respect.

Go back and read what you posted. Just because you don't believe in Shamansim, doesn't mean you have to go against it.

To point you out:

--- "so its all interpretation, shaman cant be real when it comes to healing!" - FOR YOUR INFORMATION, IT'S SPIRITUAL HEALING. SHAMAN'S CANNOT HEAL ANY SICKNESS. IF IT'S GOT SOMETHING TO DO WITH YOUR SPIRIT, SURE. A GOOD EXAMPLE, IF YOU HAVE CANCER. A SHAMAN CANNOT HEAL THAT. LOL IT'S YOUR BODY THAT IS MAKING YOU SICK, NOT YOUR SPIRIT. SO NO, SHAMAN CAN HELP.

"It's harder you have to do more things to heal your wounds. hahah! and you knew it! You got to use money and shit..go find pigs and chickens and dogs to replace your sin." - OF COURSE IT'S HARDER TO HEAL YOUR WOUND IF YOU BELIEVE IN SHAMANISM. LOL THINK ABOUT IT, NOTHING IS FREE IN THIS WORLD ANYWAYS. LOL IT'S LIKE WORLD-TRADING. GOOD EXAMPLE: YOUR AT THE GROCERY STORE AND WANT TO PURCHASE A BAG OF RICE. YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT AND THEN YOU WILL BE ALLOW TO TAKE IT HOME. OTHERWISE IT WILL BE STEALING. - SHAMANISM WORKS THE SAME WAY. (**YOU GIVE THE ANCESTORS THE PIG/CHICKEN/COW & YOU GET WELL.**)

"That sucks because you still have to use money, you see? But for god, he don't need that. He only need your faith in your heart,"
ONCE AGAIN, NOTHING IS FREE IN THIS WORLD. LOL BY THE WAY, PEOPLE WHO GOES TO CHURCH, PAYS TO GO TO CHURCH TOO. LOL SO, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT? LOL

I HATE TO ADMIT BUT I AGREED, GOD ONLY NEED YOUR FAITH. BUT WHEN YOU PRAY && ASK FOR SOMETHING. LIKE MONEY. DO YOU GET IT RIGHT AWAY FROM GOD? NO, YOU DON'T. YOU, YOURSELF HAVE TO WORK TOWARDS IT. IT'S YOUR COMPANY, WHERE YOU WORK THAT PAYS YOU & GIVES YOU WHAT YOU HAVE. SO WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT, ITS NOT GOD THAT HAS FAITH IN YOU, IT'S YOU WHO HAS FAITH IN YOURSELF. :)

"why do we need to believe in shaman/demons? When they are the worse?? They ruin your life and everything. This seem like depending yes but we need to see that they are evils in our eyes." FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME, IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN SHAMANISM. YOU DON'T HAVE TO. LOL

HOW DO YOU KNOW IT RUINS YOUR LIFE? LMAO!!! I HAVE BEEN BELIEVING IN SHAMANISM FOR THE LAST TWO DECADES AND I AM STILL BREATHING, LIVING FINE ON EARTH.

HOW DO YOU KNOW SHAMAN'S/DEMONS ARE EVIL?? DID YOU DO SOMETHING BAD TO THEM, FOR THEM TO HURT YOU? LOL

WHERE ARE YOU GETTING ALL THESE INFORMATION? if it's just because you don't believe in Shamanism then keep praying and tell God because this will never come to a end. :)

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
I've already said that.

And Shamanism does exist and is a term meaning:
–noun
1. the animistic religion of northern Asia, embracing a belief in powerful spirits that can be influenced only by shamans.
2. any similar religion.

Animism is the religion. Shamanism is the belief & practices of Animism.
oops. sorry. mustve overlooked it when i was skimming. but yes, it does exist, but it's not the correct term when using it in terms of religion. for example, "shamanism and christianism (which should be christianity)"

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
YM_gurl...OMG!! Thank you! If I analyze all that, some people are gonna be pissed off about what I would say.

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
YM_gurl- FOR YOUR INFORMATION, IT'S SPIRITUAL HEALING. SHAMAN'S CANNOT HEAL ANY SICKNESS. IF IT'S GOT SOMETHING TO DO WITH YOUR SPIRIT, SURE. A GOOD EXAMPLE, IF YOU HAVE CANCER. A SHAMAN CANNOT HEAL THAT. LOL IT'S YOUR BODY THAT IS MAKING YOU SICK, NOT YOUR SPIRIT. SO NO, SHAMAN CAN HELP.
There are types of sickness that can be healed. But mostly likely it depends on the person's charm. Some Shaman can heal cancer people based on what I saw on my previous life (it has to do with voo-doo or whatever you call it & so on more to it you just dont know) I believe it works spiritually. Moreover, I can not judge that a shaman is magically powerful all the time because some sickness can not be heal. Not 99% by the flesh can only be cure. Some are even worse and got better. So it doesn't matter if your sickness come from all above that because in the end, its either you to choose to give up on shamanism or die in god whichever suits your belief. And I chose to die in god (that doesn't mean that i die physically, but die spiritually) I suffered and cried out to him and with all that, he had cured my sickness and I am very thankful to him. Each day I feel great. =)
:Your examples hasn't proved to me anything, yet you're only making assumptions about it or much more like relativism? I'm not sure what you're really trying to tell me whether it is false or true cause I can tell you more about other real experiences. You seemed lost by my statement.

YM_gurl- OF COURSE IT'S HARDER TO HEAL YOUR WOUND IF YOU BELIEVE IN SHAMANISM. LOL THINK ABOUT IT, NOTHING IS FREE IN THIS WORLD ANYWAYS. LOL IT'S LIKE WORLD-TRADING. GOOD EXAMPLE: YOUR AT THE GROCERY STORE AND WANT TO PURCHASE A BAG OF RICE. YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT AND THEN YOU WILL BE ALLOW TO TAKE IT HOME. OTHERWISE IT WILL BE STEALING. - SHAMANISM WORKS THE SAME WAY.
Absolutely! This is why I said I chose god over shaman. So that I don't have to do all those hard working to go heal the wounds. =)

YM_gurl- ONCE AGAIN, NOTHING IS FREE IN THIS WORLD. LOL BY THE WAY, PEOPLE WHO GOES TO CHURCH, PAYS TO GO TO CHURCH TOO. LOL SO, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT? LOL
Not all christian go to church. I might be considering one of them that would listen and socialize with other believers through the net. That's another way to do it too. AND it's free! Therefore, you can not judge me if I still need to go to church to become a christian. =)

YM_gurl- I HATE TO ADMIT BUT I AGREED, GOD ONLY NEED YOUR FAITH. BUT WHEN YOU PRAY && ASK FOR SOMETHING. LIKE MONEY. DO YOU GET IT RIGHT AWAY FROM GOD? NO, YOU DON'T. YOU, YOURSELF HAVE TO WORK TOWARDS IT. IT'S YOUR COMPANY, WHERE YOU WORK THAT PAYS YOU & GIVES YOU WHAT YOU HAVE. SO WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT, ITS NOT GOD THAT HAS FAITH IN YOU, IT'S YOU WHO HAS FAITH IN YOURSELF.
ROFL! You're giving me laughter. You seemed to not understand the expectation in god. Who would ask "God, please land me money on my bed by tomorrow morning when I wake up?" hahah! Okay, is it funny? of course because your example is just as funny as this too.
God doesn't expect to give out something that would intimidate you right ahead. Think about this, isn't it scary if you ask god or spirit to turn on the water on the bathtub or turn on the light? This is something that doesn't exist to god but for demons or spirit, maybe? ooo goodluck to you then.
Well of course you have to work your ass off to go do it alone in order to get that money. Let me tell you, some people do think about god and pray to him all the time to fulfill what they need while some don't. Maybe some have higher faith than others. Some faith aren't the same. Some may have tougher time than other. For example, someone is extremely thinking of winning that lottery pot while other is thinking of to become rich without any hope or stress. You see? With this, I hope you understand what I mean.

YM_gurl- FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME, IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN SHAMANISM. YOU DON'T HAVE TO. LOL
I didn't believe the part when the shaman interpret about your sickness (thaum yus mob es xav tuag lawm xwb). Sometimes they could turn your way into something else. I was offended when the shaman said "koj tus ntxhais yuav ua neeb". I thought that maybe I'm going to stick with it forever. Luckily I was stressless on that. Because at the same time I was thinking of god too. I've come to realize that god has a way out and gives more hope. I don't see if a shaman could ever give you a route to where it could make you comfortably happy. (And again yes these are my opinions only.) Back to the question, I believed in everything that shaman has or work for but not when it comes to what i just told you above.

YM_gurl- HOW DO YOU KNOW IT RUINS YOUR LIFE? LMAO!!! I HAVE BEEN BELIEVING IN SHAMANISM FOR THE LAST TWO DECADES AND I AM STILL BREATHING, LIVING FINE ON EARTH.
LOl good for you but sorry im not talking about that. You're stating wrong according to what's beneath that topic.

YM_gurl- HOW DO YOU KNOW SHAMAN'S/DEMONS ARE EVIL?? DID YOU DO SOMETHING BAD TO THEM, FOR THEM TO HURT YOU? LOL
They play tricks on human. They betrayed god. They sent sickness to humans. And sometimes for no reason..ETC..forgot

YM_gurl- WHERE ARE YOU GETTING ALL THESE INFORMATION? if it's just because you don't believe in Shamanism then keep praying and tell God because this will never come to a end.
Oh, all these information are from my head (my knowledge) and some are from my experience (reality) and some are from few believers that I met online. (strong believer) Some I heard it from people to people and radio as well.
So it's all mixing.. im not sure what got into me too. xxxxDDDD
and yes this can go on and on..never ends..

princess87

sarNie Egg
How is it rude when im just stating about my experience?? i see nothing wrong with it.
I still respect Shaman yes but my belief is somewhere else. =)
i didn't said i know very well about this and i did request for more details =) but this topic is getting offended lol ..not to you but maybe to other. i unno

Yes, there's nothing wrong with stating your experience. But when you make crude remarks like you did, it's rude. Examples:

"omg and you know what is the worse ever about a shaman?"

"I could careless for what the shaman has told me..i wont fall into that stupid thing."

"So my question is, why do we need to believe in shaman/demons? When they are the worse?? They ruin your life and everything."

Also, it seems like you're implying that shamans are demons/demon worshippers. YOU KNOW that that is very insulting towards people who believe in shamanism. All I'm saying to you is that there is a better way to say things. And the way you wrote about it is very offensive, just look at the replies.

You could just simply state that you prefer christianity because it's more believable to you than shamanism. You didn't have to rant on about how stupid and ridiculous you think Shamanism is.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with stating your experience. But when you make crude remarks like you did, it's rude. Examples:

"omg and you know what is the worse ever about a shaman?"

"I could careless for what the shaman has told me..i wont fall into that stupid thing."

"So my question is, why do we need to believe in shaman/demons? When they are the worse?? They ruin your life and everything."

Also, it seems like you're implying that shamans are demons/demon worshippers. YOU KNOW that that is very insulting towards people who believe in shamanism. All I'm saying to you is that there is a better way to say things. And the way you wrote about it is very offensive, just look at the replies.

You could just simply state that you prefer christianity because it's more believable to you than shamanism. You didn't have to rant on about how stupid and ridiculous you think Shamanism is.
well said, Princess87..hopefully NkaujHmoob would realize why so many people were offended by her comments..

its apparent that she doesn't care for the shaminism way of doing things..and thats fine but when you start dissing it, people who believe in it will be offended

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Nkaujhmoob08: Wow! You can remember your previous life? That’s awesome!

Spiritual healing has nothing to do with voo-doo. There are idiots out there that use black-magic (bad khaws koob) to get people sick. YES, there are bad shamans too. Like in every religion, there are the good and the bad.

Whoever taught you or whoever got your information from is TOTALLY off!

kaab nis

sarNie Hatchling
I think these arguments between which is better "Shamanism or Christianism" is stupid. In my honest opinion I think that we all believe in the same thing. they just come in different shapes and form. It gives nobody any right to say that their religion/belief is the right/better choice and that those who believes otherwise are doom for unhappiness or something. It makes youself look naive and plain stupid.

Religion to me is a phycalogical thing that either helps/don't help a person cope with the situation that they are in. I've heard similar stories about families who were christians falling ill and when their prayers to GOD did not help they converted to Shamanism and then got better vice versa for those who believe in shamanism who converts to Christians. It's only a matter of what your mind thinks.

I come from a family who believes in Shamanism but I respect those who are Christians. So some people should just learn how to respect others.

@NkaujHmoob08 next time reread ur whole post before posting it if you don't want to offend others.

peace out yo!

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
LMAO! okay, im immature and don't know what im saying so if you're offended thats up to you. because i didn't plan to hurt anybody as well. i dont know what've gotten to me. i was excited when i posted this thread but now it seems stupid so leave it alone if you are hurt by me just ignore this post. =)

okay one more time,
Sure, i can point back to myself from what I've have been stating..

"Omg and you know what is the worse ever about a shaman?"
"shaman cant be real when it comes to healing! This is like..omg..wth it seems fake and i used to believe in whatever they tell my parents about it"
"So my question is, why do we need to believe in shaman/demons? When they are the worse?? They ruin your life and everything. This seem like depending yes but we need to see that they are evils in our eyes."
And i didn't know that this would ever HURT you so much, ALrite relax and just forget it. These aren't real, it just words. why get all piss off? And I got offended like a thousand times and Im still fine. :D

Well, let me explain again, whatever you see on my post either if its insulting you or not because that was the way how you judge my post, notmy post judge you. :D so with all this, i can't help if you are HURT!! Because again, I didn't mean to get people offended by this. It was just my way of expressing them, so if you get me wrong already i could careless. That's up to you.

AND YES THANKS FOR CONFIRMING THAT IM LIKE 854848848941948948989 TIMES IMMATURE. OF COURSE YES IM IMMATURE WHEN IT COMES TO TYPING. IM SORRY IF MY TYPING CAN'T BE LIKE YOURS. FOR THOSE THAT CALLED ME IMMATURE, PLEASE REALIZE THAT YOU'VE BEEN INSULTING ME TOO. YOU'RE SAYING THAT MY TYPING ISN'T HIGH ENOUGH TO POST UP A STUPID THREAD BEFORE ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN ACROSS THIS. ...

ONe last time, when i used those slang words like OMG!! SHITT!!! OH!! STUPID!!!...
its not like im screaming or cursing anything.
It was actually suppose goes like a whisper in a nice way (more like shocking). =) (THE WHOLE TIME)

pangnerlicious

sarNie Adult
@Nkaujhmoob08

somewhat from the beginning, you are somewhat wrong..
Shamanism is not demon people..we don't go by demon..
we believe in our ancestor..demon can go into anyone
at anytime..Shaman is not fake..you have to believe it..
cause if you don't, how is it gonna happen to you?..lol..

pangnerlicious

sarNie Adult
Haha. Yeah yeah, next time. keep your opinions to yourself if you ain't got no respect.

Go back and read what you posted. Just because you don't believe in Shamansim, doesn't mean you have to go against it.

To point you out:

--- "so its all interpretation, shaman cant be real when it comes to healing!" - FOR YOUR INFORMATION, IT'S SPIRITUAL HEALING. SHAMAN'S CANNOT HEAL ANY SICKNESS. IF IT'S GOT SOMETHING TO DO WITH YOUR SPIRIT, SURE. A GOOD EXAMPLE, IF YOU HAVE CANCER. A SHAMAN CANNOT HEAL THAT. LOL IT'S YOUR BODY THAT IS MAKING YOU SICK, NOT YOUR SPIRIT. SO NO, SHAMAN CAN HELP.

"It's harder you have to do more things to heal your wounds. hahah! and you knew it! You got to use money and shit..go find pigs and chickens and dogs to replace your sin." - OF COURSE IT'S HARDER TO HEAL YOUR WOUND IF YOU BELIEVE IN SHAMANISM. LOL THINK ABOUT IT, NOTHING IS FREE IN THIS WORLD ANYWAYS. LOL IT'S LIKE WORLD-TRADING. GOOD EXAMPLE: YOUR AT THE GROCERY STORE AND WANT TO PURCHASE A BAG OF RICE. YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT AND THEN YOU WILL BE ALLOW TO TAKE IT HOME. OTHERWISE IT WILL BE STEALING. - SHAMANISM WORKS THE SAME WAY. (**YOU GIVE THE ANCESTORS THE PIG/CHICKEN/COW & YOU GET WELL.**)

"That sucks because you still have to use money, you see? But for god, he don't need that. He only need your faith in your heart,"
ONCE AGAIN, NOTHING IS FREE IN THIS WORLD. LOL BY THE WAY, PEOPLE WHO GOES TO CHURCH, PAYS TO GO TO CHURCH TOO. LOL SO, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT? LOL

I HATE TO ADMIT BUT I AGREED, GOD ONLY NEED YOUR FAITH. BUT WHEN YOU PRAY && ASK FOR SOMETHING. LIKE MONEY. DO YOU GET IT RIGHT AWAY FROM GOD? NO, YOU DON'T. YOU, YOURSELF HAVE TO WORK TOWARDS IT. IT'S YOUR COMPANY, WHERE YOU WORK THAT PAYS YOU & GIVES YOU WHAT YOU HAVE. SO WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT, ITS NOT GOD THAT HAS FAITH IN YOU, IT'S YOU WHO HAS FAITH IN YOURSELF. :)

"why do we need to believe in shaman/demons? When they are the worse?? They ruin your life and everything. This seem like depending yes but we need to see that they are evils in our eyes." FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME, IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN SHAMANISM. YOU DON'T HAVE TO. LOL

HOW DO YOU KNOW IT RUINS YOUR LIFE? LMAO!!! I HAVE BEEN BELIEVING IN SHAMANISM FOR THE LAST TWO DECADES AND I AM STILL BREATHING, LIVING FINE ON EARTH.

HOW DO YOU KNOW SHAMAN'S/DEMONS ARE EVIL?? DID YOU DO SOMETHING BAD TO THEM, FOR THEM TO HURT YOU? LOL

WHERE ARE YOU GETTING ALL THESE INFORMATION? if it's just because you don't believe in Shamanism then keep praying and tell God because this will never come to a end. :)

YM_gurl : you rock!..lol..love all you say here..haha..lol..love shaman too..lol..=]..your a drama queen!!..=]..im proud..

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
@Nkaujhmoob08

somewhat from the beginning, you are somewhat wrong..
Shamanism is not demon people..we don't go by demon..
we believe in our ancestor..demon can go into anyone
at anytime..Shaman is not fake..you have to believe it..
cause if you don't, how is it gonna happen to you?..lol..

Puuahh! Did i really said Shaman---are--DEMON?? Geesh. (point it out then, where is it?) well you're mistaken yourself.
I know that I put (shaman/demon) yes but those are options. not like im saying they are commonly the same! LMAO! And I just heard that shaman and demon are bother. thats all. Nothin more. (that doesn't mean I could be right, true or wrong, false because im just stating what I've heard so don't judge)
anywase, you are behind..please go read what I replied it after YM GURl's post (on #25) because you are missing out the things i've said to her before you start dragging in confusion. Thanks.

Theist23

sarNie Egg
Among all the world religion, there are more powerful case for Christianity. They are up for peer reviews. Shamanism is not popular enough to go into mainstream because the lacking of evidence. Hmoob kev ntseeg only Hmoob paub xwb. LOL!

pangnerlicious

sarNie Adult
Puuahh! Did i really said Shaman---are--DEMON?? Geesh. (point it out then, where is it?) well you're mistaken yourself.
I know that I put (shaman/demon) yes but those are options. not like im saying they are commonly the same! LMAO! And I just heard that shaman and demon are bother. thats all. Nothin more. (that doesn't mean I could be right, true or wrong, false because im just stating what I've heard so don't judge)
anywase, you are behind..please go read what I replied it after YM GURl's post (on #25) because you are missing out the things i've said to her before you start dragging in confusion. Thanks.
seems like your trying to go hard on me..you did say that shaman people are like demons..
and there not good to believe in..and they doesnt help at all..but i dont see anything wrong with that..
and i already wat you guys were all talking about..thats why i made this statement..FYI

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
sigh... i had to enter this topic because i had to speak out.. & yes i knew shamanism is not the correct term & that the term is animism..

Anyways when i was younger, my family & i believed in animism ourselves. The only person in my family that still believe that is my father & the other half of my relatives, while me, my mother,siblings, & the other half of relatives are Christians.

I never ever once thought of comparing the two religions because i respected them both since I was each of them.

Even though I'm now a Christian, I still respect those who believes in animism & other religions. I actually find religions to be fascinating, but I won't think one is more superior than the other. I know many people have their own opinions of what is right or what is wrong and what to believe.

I still help my father out when he does the "new year" related stuff ..etc.. & attend my relatives' jingle bells ceremonies..

Even though I'm Christian, I still want to at least learn my old religion & know what to do since many people these days don't even bother to care. I don't want to forget my heritage.

I'm happy that I was converted to be a Christian, I don't ever regret it.

Now that I'm Christian, I see other people in a different light. I learn to forgive others, even though it may be hard at times since I have a bad temper problem when I'm really pissed. NO ONE IS PERFECT!!!

& ceda_lee <-- I found what you stated in the first post quite offending.. Because that is what I believe in and you just go saying that Jesus was sent to correct God's F'ED error.... I BELIEVE THAT GOD SENT HIS BELOVED SON DOWN TO EARTH TO REOPEN THE GATE TO HEAVEN!!! I know that you were offended BUT, you didn't need to go offend more people.. but I understand that you got carried away with your own strong beliefs.. just like how i went off just now..

... sigh... this is just like starting a war.. luckilly this is cooling down..

ONCE AGAIN NO ONE IS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE WILL NEVER EVER BE A SILENCE FOR RELIGIONS SINCE MANY PEOPLE ARE RELIGIOUS, ETC.. THERE WILL NEVER BE PEACE UNTIL THE WORLD ENDS!!!!!

NOW LET'S JUST LISTEN TO THIS SONG... - WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS..

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
@ Aikoden...and I get a lecture from you huh? Why didn't you say anything to your Christian sister nkaujhmoob08 who openly insulted many of us first? Makes me wonder if you're secretly cheering her on. Just wondering...I stand firm by this statement I'm about to make. I have not yet met a Hmong Christian who is understanding about my religion. However, I do believe there are many good, true Christians out there.

I am just so confused about what's true & what's not. My sister's in laws come to my parents' place & refused to eat our ua neeb food. They said the food is contaminated because demons have been touching them. They didn't let my sister bow at my grandpa's funeral & it caused a big scene. My Christian brother in law, his Christian friends & relatives told my brothers & boyfriend that they couldn't help them slaughter the pigs because it's against Christianity, against God. BUT, when the food was ready, they ate like pigs. At Thankgiving dinner, we bowed our heads & prayed. Then they told us we have to convert because look at them...all americanized, have good jobs & pretty houses.

& nkaujhmoob08, no she does not sound more mature just cause she sounds educated. Even educated people can say stupid things...even me.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
ceda_lee - I apologize to you for not writing to nkaujhmoob08.. because i truly believed what she wrote was definitely WRONG TOO!!! AND I AM NOT.. I REPEAT NOT! CHEERING HER ON!!!

Like I said before, I RESPECT you guys because I once believe in ANIMISM myself. Most of my friends at school believe in Animism & I believe in Christianity yet we never had any problems with our religions.

nkaujhmoob08 - I am Christian myself yet I found your comments very rude to the others. And that is coming from your very own words. If you were Christian, I would be very ashame of you for dissing the others since you do believe in Animism yourself.. If I still believed in Animism, I would be pissed at you too!

I'm not saying Christianity is right or Animism is the way to go.. I'm not saying one is more superior than the other. Everything has their own good & bad/right & wrong things. It's up to yourself what you want to believe in. Like I stated earlier, everyone has their own beliefs & opinions. I grew up knowing both religions & I respect them two deeply!

and ceda_lee, about Christians not eating the "ua neeg" food.. I have to tell you that I don't believe in that.. Since in my views.. (I'm not saying other Christians because I have my own perspective & every Christians are DIFFERENT..) I believe that you can eat the "ua neeg" food because I believe that everything belongs to God.(That's my very own perspective of God.. etc..) I'm still just like you I still help my parents, relatives etc.. kill the food to eat(I don't actually kill the food but just help out.. since i'm actually scared killing the animals.. >_<). I also hope that you will see a true understanding Hmong Christian one day..

I have to say that even though I am Christian, I am ASHAMED of other Christians! Many are just way too overboard, cocky, religious, etc..

I would just like to say that Every Christian is different. I have my own view & perspective of God. And I'm happy to be in his light.

I APOLOGIZE TO ALL OF YOU WHO'VE I'VE HURT THROUGH MY WORDS, I AM DEEPLY SORRY.

I am ashamed of myself for being rude to you all.. Sorry.

I once again apologize to you all.. I never meant to be rude in the first place.. But like I stated earlier, no one is perfect.. and I am one of those unperfect people.

I just want to tell you all that just keep believing in whatever you believe. Always keep your faith strong. I acknowledge you all for sticking up for your religion. Just like how I did for my beliefs. I once again deeply apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.