[SBS] To the Beautiful You (HANA KIMI)

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
OMG I didn't know Korean is also doing this drama too. I just found out the other days that Japan is remaking this drama and now Korean is also doing their version of this drama also.

http://www.facebook....miKoreanVersion

Link:
http://asianfanatics...%26%2344172%3B/

SM Entertainment to produce popular Japanese manga "Hana Kimi" Korean drama

SM Entertainment, who is responsible for high end celebrities such as TVXQ, BoA, SNSD, and Super Junior, have announced that they will be responsible for the production of an upcoming drama. On March 10th, an official from SM Entertainment said, "We will produce the 2011 drama 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' (For You in Full Blossom)."

Better known as "Hana Kimi" to fans, the manga sold approximately 17 million copies in Japan, and gained worldwide recognition. Actions by SM Entertainment has been undertaken to get the full-fledges rights to produce the drama.

The storyline of "Hana Kimi" uses the background story of an all male high school that is known for its hot looking male students. Mizuki (the lead female character) enters the all male high school disguised as a boy. The comic ran from 1996 to 2004 and had a explosive reactions from fans. In Japan, the manga sold 17 million copies and it was such a success that special editions of the manga have been released.

Taiwan, as well as Japan, have made a live drama adaptation of "Hana Kimi." The Taiwanese adaptation was released in 2006 and brought in the highest rating of the year. The Japanese adaptation was released in 2007 and brought in an average of 17.04% in viewers.

The Korean adaptation of "Hana Kimi" is scheduled for 16 episodes that will tell the stories of the students hopes and dreams. The storyline will involve a similar lively plot filled with teenage comedy with a cute twist. There will still be a strong storyline and will have a large cast of "hotties."

"Beautiful You (아름다운 그대에게/Areumdaun Geudaeyege)" has been planned to prepare its broadcast this summer. Who do you think will play the cast of male student "hotties?" Who will be the lucky girl who plays the lead?

Do you think that SM Entertainment artists will be involved in this production, similar to JYP Entertainment's "Dream High" drama?

Source: koreaboo.com

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
This will start airing August 15, 2012

I've always imagined Minho in the Korean version and I got my wish!! The reason why I always imagined him was because of one of our own member's fan fiction. She had him as lead and the story always reminded me of Hana Kimi. Yay! Waited for this forever and now I will be dedicated to watching a Korean drama again after a long hiatus...all for a good looking cast LOL!!

Minho will play the character Kang Tae Joon (aka Sano) and Sulli will play Goo Jae Hee (aka Mizuki), Lee Hyun Woo of "God of Study" will play as Cha Eun Kyul (aka Nakatsu). "L" from Infinite is also rumored to be casted. I don't remember if he is confirmed and a bunch of others :)

Let's enjoy and gush over this light romantic comedy together when it airs!!

Oh, the director of this drama is the same director for Boys Before Flowers, Witch Amusement, My Girl, and Delightful Girl Chun Hyang - So if those were your faves, I'm sure this will be just as excellent!!

Pictures of some of the cast members from facebook
https://www.facebook...193673104006013

Minho even got a "Sano" haircut, adorable

leemyis

Glamorous Diamond
^I don't think Infinite's L will be in this drama. All the cast are already confirmed and they already had artificial poster and teasers to the drama and L's not even in there.

It's okay L doesn't need to be in this drama.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
So I am addicted to this right now. Haha. I don't like the people who keep comparing it to the Japanese version. I don't get why people can't view it as it's own drama. A new thing. The Japanese one didn't follow the manga exactly either. And the comments keep reading the Japanese name.

I love how his dad's picture is Darth Vader when he get a phone call from him on his cell. Awesome. Haha.

I actually really like Kwang Hee's character. He kinda reminds me of Sung Kyu from Infinite now. And I'm so jelly of their dorm rooms!!! Oh and Dorm leaders are hot, especially dorm 2 :) And doctors are all cute. Doctor still looks good after all these years. So jealous of Eugene right now.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
Lol i never thought i will be wathing this but the music is so catching and im loving his drama so much!!!!

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
J-Min did a great job with the main soundtrack. Love that song!!

Glad they are somewhat following the manga :) Plus the scenes are so adorable. IDK what it is, but I love how cheesy everything is. Not too much of a headache and a light drama.

Anyone else think Hyun Woo was so cute in those glasses when he imagined his life in a gay marriage? And Yoo Geun as their baby!!

fun

Expired Sarnie
I'm one of those people who keeps comparing the manga, jodorama, n twdrama version. it can be helped that this is an adaption of the manga so it cannot stand alone as its own drama. I'm just watching it here and there since I have already invested time in all the previous version. let's just hope it does justice to the original source.

kialakornlover

sarNie Adult
OMG! I LOVE THE OST! F(X) and SNSD are doing such a great job! ESP TAEYEON!
I think the drama is funny, and great. I haven't been up to date due to so many thing. Such as school, Homework, and cheerleading. Trying to stick with a 3.8 or higher GPA!

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
whoaaaaaaaaaaa the last comment was in 2012^

After "That Winter the Wind Blows," I needed to get away from any tear jerker drama and I believe I chose the perfect drama to mend this broken heart hehehe
I have many great things to say about this drama;

I came across this drama a lot and never once gave it try because I'm not so much into the cross-dressing majiger. I remember during my Freshmen year of high school, my Chinese friend let me borrow the Chinese Ver. of Hana Kimi but I fail to watch it so I returned it back to her. On Sunday I was browsing Viki for a drama to watch and there it was "To The Beautiful You." I am not a fan of ShiNee or f(x) so I didn't even know Gu Jae Hee(Sulli) was a member of f(x) until further research. I only know MinHo since he's in ShiNee and my sister has their poster hanging inside our room....Every day I will always see that face of his hahaha MinHo is unattractive at first and there's just something about him that bugs me? But after spending nights staying up to watch his character as Tae Joon, I grew fond of him, especially after reading that he did all the jump stunts by himself. Woooow that is amazing. Since I read that his character is suppose to be somewhat icy and cold, I learn how to tolerate MH's acting even though he was stiff and expressionless. I really like how he's not typical super white like most KPOP singers and that his skin is a fair tan and realistic HAHA I love his dark skin tone. MinHo has this quiet aura that makes him an interesting person to try to read ehhe <3 I'll love to see more of him even though I refuse to watch The Medical Top Team...not my cup of tea. As for Sulli, she's a cutie. I like how in the drama she wasn't afraid to act ugly, or look ugly....well she's suppose to be a boy after all haha She carried out her character very well as a boy and her acting wasn't all that bad either. 

"TTBY" was an uplifting and refreshing drama to watch and I totally recommend it. It has a nice balance of comedy, romance and live-action. I watched the drama without looking at it's dramawiki which I'm glad I didnt, and to my pleasant surprise, WooBin was a special guest. Now now...I couldn't refrain myself from fangirling at the sight of his smile and hottness haha Whoaaaa he's even hotter since his character wasn't clinging after getting his answer that Jae Hee only liked him as a brother. Clingy guys are a no no haha

One character that I can relate to the most is the all "Mighty Eun Kyul." He reminds me a lot of myself in many ways....his character is very cheery, jolly, playful and understanding which I am also. lol He made me laugh throughout the whole drama with his comments and actions haha kwiyomi <3 I personally like his mushroom haircut the most because it defines his personality and after he got a haircut, his personality spurt to many directions. And he reminded so much of GDRAGON <3

I noticed that Kang Ha Nuel's character is similar to his character Hyo Shin from Heirs. I deeply feel sorry for those two because they are under so much pressure. How depressing. What I am happy about is that he eventually threw out the bad apples from the competition and anew himself with the upcoming competition. I'm so glad he and Tae Joon somehow found a friendship after working out together to prep for the comp. whoooooooooooooooooot....

Another thing I love about this drama is the ost. OMO, before the cliff hanger the ost's instrument would play and thats what got me going crazy because even when it was 3am, I still continue on with the next episode. TTBY has really good cliff hangers is what I wanted to say lol   

This drama sure did make me feel like I was a fatty because I ate fattening food while watching all the guys work their butts off ahah They were all breaking a swear and I'm sitting down gaining calories ahhaah Oh yhea And I am now a MINSUL shipper. MINHO AND SULLI FTW. eeeeeks MinHo use to see Sulli around their debuting days and when she was still in elementary school. cuteeeeee !!! So it was a bit awk between the two when they both started acting because he saw her as a sister ahhaha And during one of their kissing scenes, it took 15 takes. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh hehehe 

GOODBYE TTYB, IT WAS A GOOD RUN.......

dariey

sarNie Adult
fun said:
I'm one of those people who keeps comparing the manga, jodorama, n twdrama version. it can be helped that this is an adaption of the manga so it cannot stand alone as its own drama. I'm just watching it here and there since I have already invested time in all the previous version. let's just hope it does justice to the original source.

i'm so like you.when i see the original version i can't help to make comparison too.even people find jdorama version is unrealistic (is that the word lol) but i'm stick with it.to me even twdrama which look more natural one can't even beat the original version but their entire cast have amazing chemistry just like jdorama ver.still i applause kdrama ver for using high tech to make this drama.