{SBS} The Legend of the Blue Sea

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart

• Drama: The Legend of The Blue Sea (literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Pooreun Badaui Junsul
  • Hangul: 푸른 바다의 전설
  • Director: Jin Hyeok
  • Writer: Park Ji-Eun
  • Network: SBS
  • Episodes: 20
  • Release Date: November 16, 2016 - January 19, 2017
  • Runtime: Wed. & Thu. 22:00
  • Language: Korean
Plot
The last mermaid on Earth meets a genius swindler. The mermaid tries to adjust life on land.

Notes
  1. "The Legend of The Blue Sea" takes over the Wednesday & Thursday 22:00 time slot previously occupied by "Jealousy Incarnate" and will be followed by "Saimdang, Light's Diary" January, 2017.
  2. Screenplay is motivated by a mermaid story in story collection "Eou yadam" by Joseon scholar Yu Mong-In. Story revolves around county magistrate Kim Dam-Ryung who released mermaids into the ocean.The mermaids were caught by fisherman.
  3. Drama series will be the last acting role for actor Lee Min-Ho before he enters into the military for approximately 2 years. Drama series is also the first acting role for actress Gianna Jun since she gave birth to her first child.
  4. Filming began August 19, 2016 at Goesan, North Chungcheong Province, South Korea.
  5. Filming moves to the island of Palau in late August, 2016 and filming will also take place in Spain in September, 2016.
  6. First script reading took place October 8, 2016 in Sangam, Seoul, South Korea. The first script reading lasted for 3 hours and covered the first 4 episodes.

http://asianwiki.com/The_Legend_of_the_Blue_Sea

cecilia

Staff member
Episode one was good so far ... I was so glad to see him come back for her.
Look forward to the next episode .. the ost so far from Lyn is good -- remind me of Love from Star <3

Last edited:

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
I looooooove JJH, but no matter how great she is, I just can't bring myself to like LMH. It’s pretty good so far, but I’m not feeling the hype that most viewers feel.

cecilia

Staff member
I'm not a fan of LMH but that scene where he came back to find her in the rain --- that was simply beautiful/romantic. I end up falling for him from there on lol

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart
I love LMH but never finished watching his dramas other than "Personal Taste"
I really love this so far! :icon12::icon12:

cecilia

Staff member
I love LMH but never finished watching his dramas other than "Personal Taste"
I really love this so far! :icon12::icon12:
I finished 'FAITH' and liked him there :p

I'm watching this mainly for JJH ... and relike him again. For me, he's like the Thai version of Ken Theeradeth. There are some good lakorn I like of Ken and there are some I can't stand so I didn't finished it -- same for LMH lol

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart
I finished 'FAITH' and liked him there :p

I'm watching this mainly for JJH ... and relike him again. For me, he's like the Thai version of Ken Theeradeth. There are some good lakorn I like of Ken and there are some I can't stand so I didn't finished it -- same for LMH lol
I understand lol something like "The Heirs" is just overrated, but OSTs are pretty good. HAHA BTW I like the first episode of FAITH. :risas3: