[SBS] Smile, You

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed

In the story, Lee Min-jung is the daughter in a rich chaebol household, while Lee Chun-hee is her immature older brother. The SBS drama is Lee's first leading role, and features her in a riches-to-rags role; her sassy, rash character is dumped by fiance Lee Kyu-han after her rich family meets with ruin. It's only after her wedding ceremony with the son of an auto company president that everyone learns of her father's company collapsing, and the fiance's parents urge him to break it off. When her family meets with financial ruin, she's dumped by her former fiancé (Lee Kyu-han) until he decides he wants her back. Meanwhile, she and her family move in with their former chauffeur, played by Gourmet's veteran chef Choi Bool-am. The ex-chauffeur now runs an auto center with his son (Chun Ho-jin of Job Well Done), who is married to Song Ok-sook (Beethoven Virus's nervous cellist). The two families struggle to adjust to living together, making for lots of bickering but also warm family moments and laughs.​
* Title: 그대, 웃어요 / Geudae, Useoyo
* Also known as: Smile, You / Smile / Smile Honey
* Genre: Romance, comedy, family
* Episodes: 47
* Broadcast network: SBS
* Broadcast period: 2009-Sep-26 to 2010-Mar-07
* Air time: Saturday & Sunday 21:45
* See inserts: Smile, You OST

Cast:
Seo family

* Lee Min Jung as Seo Jung In
* Lee Chun Hee as Seo Sung Joon
* Choi Jung Yoon as Seo Jung Kyung
* Kang Suk Woo as Seo Jung Kil
* Heo Yoon Jung as Gong Joo Hee

Kang family

* Jung Kyung Ho as Kang Hyun Soo
* Choi Bool Am as Kang Man Bok
* Chun Ho Jin as Kang Sang Hoon
* Song Ok Sook as Baek Geum Ja

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
I started getting into this drama after coming across it on TV...and I have to say, it's much better than Boys Over Flowers and You're Beautiful...in my opinion. I think it's very underrated, and wanted to make sure everyone knows it's out there and worth watching...It's kind of like lakorn in a way, with the extremes some characters have, but it's really good...you'll love and hate a lot of people, but it's worth the drama.

It has a very sweet love story, it can be hilarious at times, or just plain sad...The chemistry between the main characters are great, and better than I've seen in the last two Korean dramas I've watched...and the female lead played the girl engaged to Go Jun Pyo in BOF, but her character is really good in this...you'll grow to love and feel for her.

It's currently airing, but up to 41 episodes are already subbed on viikii in the link above. It's said to end at 46.

Trust me, you will get hooked on it...my niece and I stayed up til morning to watch it, it was just that good, it was hard to stop.

Although, if you're an easy crier like me, prepare tissues, because there are a lot of moments that will make you cry.

Watch it!!!

fun

Expired Sarnie
Smile You, Loving You 1000 Times, Creating Destiny (all still currently airing are in the 50’s episode range) I swear Korean drama are getting longer and longer. Sometimes I wish they stuck to their 16 or 20 episode range lol… I am watching all three at the moment. Well slowly watching as I have priority before these three. I too believe that this is underrated. I know that Loving You 1000 Times is underrated oversea but in Korea, they are doing exceptionally well.

myx

sArNieZ
i luv smile you! at first i din't want to watch it cuz she look kinda crazy in the first episode. but a friend of mine recommended, so i watch it. after ep. 1 it gets better. the main characters have great chemistry. this is really a great drama. so sad that it's coming to an end. haraboji will finally get the surgery, and when he wakes up he's going to get amnesia. omg. i just can't wait to see the upcoming episode. only a couple more ep. before it ends.

IRukYou

sarNie Juvenile
THIS IS A RECOMMENDED DRAMA. It is absolutely HILARIOUS. In the most serious or touching scene, they are able to make something naturally funny out of it. Usually an 'unexpected' event or the worst case scenario. I don't want to give too much away, but here's an example, parent walking in when you are trying to get your groove on (*you probably won't get it, unless you saw the drama). You can only fall in love with this two couple because of the chemistry that is developed as the drama progress.

Also, I'm starting 'Stars falling from the Sky'. It's not too bad so far. It's cute, funny, and very emotionally driven.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Stars Falling From the Sky irks me but I like the drama. I just don't like how they portray some of the children. Sometimes a few of the kids do pisses me off lol anyways that was so out of topic.

Smile You, is hilarious too. If you like Smile You, watch Creating Destiny too.

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
I've only gotten to episode 31...not too many spoilers please!!!!
This is the one drama that I don't want to know spoilers for...and I usually want to know in everything else...but I like watching it and finding out things along the way. That's what I meant by addicting...lol

fun

Expired Sarnie
I'm resorting back to Smile You. Watching it the second time around makes me love this drama even more. Well I didn't exactly start at episode 1 ahahaha. I came across episode 10, and then I was like "what the hey" might as well watch it over lol

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
I'm resorting back to Smile You. Watching it the second time around makes me love this drama even more. Well I didn't exactly start at episode 1 ahahaha. I came across episode 10, and then I was like "what the hey" might as well watch it over lol
I started late too...LOL
But on TV, so I had to go back to watch it from the beginning
It's cute, isn't it?

fun

Expired Sarnie
It's relaxing lol There's no on air lakorn atm, so I'm going back to the previous K-drama. There's none I like atm either except for Secret Garden, and I'm checking here and there on Dream High, but not actively watching it.

I started late on this drama too. When I got caught up, I had to wait weekly for it. I should have just waited until it ended lol

dariey

sarNie Adult
1 of the best drama i ever watch.this is better than any popular drama in my opinion.i don't know how many time i rewatch this and everytime i watch haraboji scene my tears will forever fall.i like family scene more than romance and i love LMJ & JKH here.they really into their role.very recommend this to everyone.

fun

Expired Sarnie
This had a fair amount of love, friendship and family drama. I am still hoping that the two lead will reunite in another drama.