[SBS] My Girlfriend is a Gumiho

cecilia

Staff member
Anyone watch this yet? I air every Wednesday and Thursday -- first two episode aired already -- what do y'all think?

I watched it and man, i LOVE it .. i love MINAH and watch it for both her and SeungiGi -- however, i find the p'ek rai to be super ANIMATE CUTE too.

If you haven't, i recommend it na .. it's really funny and cute ^^

Subtitle: English
Viiki: http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/MyGirlfriend#

Vanndii

sarNie Adult
Anyone watch this yet? I air every Wednesday and Thursday -- first two episode aired already -- what do y'all think?

I watched it and man, i LOVE it .. i love MINAH and watch it for both her and SeungiGi -- however, i find the p'ek rai to be super ANIMATE CUTE too.

If you haven't, i recommend it na .. it's really funny and cute ^^

Subtitle: English
Viiki: http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/MyGirlfriend#

Lee seung gi is good, but it is shin min ah who is A-ma-zing.

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
I stayed up to watch all 6 episodes back to back.
I really really like it.
I watched for Seung Gi, but his character's selfishness bothers me a little.
Then there's that sneaky vet, I'm still trying to figure out what his motive is...I mean, what does he want with Mi Ho? Does he want her to die or watch Dae Woong die? He is pretty handsome, and really sweet and caring to Mi Ho, but he definitely has ulterior motives, and it kills me to not know what they are.
I like that Dae Woong is slowly falling for Mi Ho, but he's stupid to like that noona of his, she is one biatch, seriously...she gets on my nerves, and I can't watch scenes with her in it.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Watch Baker King, Kim Tak Goo. I am in love with that drama like the rest of Korea. I guess Korea are going nam nao in their drama too now ahahaha. It has a 1940 feel to it but hell it takes place in the modern days.

Anyways I so went off topic but that drama is embedded into my head. I can't just not bring it up ahahaha. Anyways this love this drama too. But I think it is Shin Min Ah who is really the star of the drama and I super duper love LSG!!!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
lol.. i happened to watch this drama with my sister.. it's pretty good..
but im leaning more toward the other guy ... ahhhh...

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
^Me too!!!!
I feel like he's one of those tortured souls...Granted, he does have his alterior motives with helping Mi Ho become human, but he has always been sweet and kind to her...and he's oh-so-freakin' hot!!! With that smooth skin and plump red lips...I just found out he was in Pasta! LOL
I only like Dae Woong when he's being sweet to Mi Ho, but I respect the Dr more because at least he was in love with a gumiho...he was just hurt that she chose a human over him, but at least he wasn't afraid to love her, like Dae Woong is...and if I had to choose, since I like Mi Ho, I'd prefer her with a man who could truly love her, not one who constantly hurts her...But I'm totally addicted to this drama!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
ROSE IS JUST TOO CUTE & GOODLOOKING FOR ME.. LOL.. i still can't believe that he's ROSE from TRAX.. aigoo.. call me a fool indeed.. anyways.. it seems like LSG is finally starting to like SMA more.. he's getting jealous too lol.. and eek.. she's becoming more human now too.. im not sure if i should be happy hmmm..

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
ROSE IS JUST TOO CUTE & GOODLOOKING FOR ME.. LOL.. i still can't believe that he's ROSE from TRAX.. aigoo.. call me a fool indeed.. anyways.. it seems like LSG is finally starting to like SMA more.. he's getting jealous too lol.. and eek.. she's becoming more human now too.. im not sure if i should be happy hmmm..
I keep getting confused cuz you keep calling Minwoo, Rose, LOL.

I do agree that Dae Woong is definitely liking Mi Ho, but fighting his feelings because she's not human. But honestly, she is better for him than any human girl in his life. Because she would sacrifice her life to be with him, I wish he wasn't so childish. I wish he'd grow up already. I was so glad the grandpa liked Mi Ho, cuz at least someone would be on her side, but then that stupid noona chick ruined that by lying...she doesn't even know the situation. Like Dae Woong is the kind of man to do something like that for a woman...not where he's at. She has no idea how selfish he can be...but then I so want him to be with Mi Ho.

I'm not excited to see Mi Ho be human, because I know she would do what the mermaid did, because she feels so strongly for Dae Woong...I just want DW to realize his feelings before it's too late. That stupid doctor, it's lucky he's so hot!

cecilia

Staff member
^ahaha. So, i did the same thing .. i hate how everything's twist the way the he made it to be but man, his hotness ease off my anger -- i'm actually leaning toward him as well b/c of his love for her -- however, it seems a bit selfish of him for not telling the end story to miho about what will happen after 100 days T_T

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ lmao sorry ladies..

it's just that i cant believe that no min woo is ROSE (the former drummer) for TRAX back then.. lol.. ahaha.. my bad..

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
^ahaha. So, i did the same thing .. i hate how everything's twist the way the he made it to be but man, his hotness ease off my anger -- i'm actually leaning toward him as well b/c of his love for her -- however, it seems a bit selfish of him for not telling the end story to miho about what will happen after 100 days T_T
I cry too much in this drama, but I love it still. I saw a preview of ep 10, and it seems the handsome doctor wants to take Mi Ho away to Japan after she becomes human...so it seems that he won't tell her that Dae Woong dies without her bead...he wants her all to himself!

Love is selfish when it comes to him, after all, he did kill the woman he loved because she couldn't kill the human she loved. I only give him props for letting himself love a gumiho and being okay with it, but I hate that he's being sneaky and shady.

He's too hot to hate man...usually evil guys are hot...but he has to be the hottest bad guy ever...if only it wasn't Seung Gi, I'd totally root for him and Mi Ho to be together...

cecilia

Staff member
why .. why? i wanna go and choke that evil girl!

i hope Doctor DJ rush in time to help save Miho!

So, i'm cheering for both guys LOL

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
I heard there are lots of cute and sweet scenes between Mi Ho and Dong Joo...I mean, he is hot and better to Mi Ho than Dae Woong is...but I still want her with DW, maybe it's because I know that's who she loves, and I want her to be with who she loves. Even though DJ could take better care of her...and he's so friggin hot!!!

That stupid evil Hye-In bothers me...it's bad enough MH might die or DW will, but I hate that dumb ho-bag is making things worse.

It seems that DW has lost his feelings for her, and she knows it, that's why she's trying so hard to get MH to stay away from DW...I wish this was a lakorn, so someone could just slap her already...but then again, there's really no one rooting for MH and DW to be together...the grandpa was, but was tricked into hating MH...I want him to like MH again, then everything will be okay.

iluvjin

sarNie Adult
This drama is so cute! I love SMA as Miho! She is just to adorable! And LSG is cute! I wasn't a big fan but I just love him in this drama! I can't wait to see next weeks episode!

I really hate the second lead. How annoying can she get. When DW was paying attention to her she didn't care but when he didn't pay attention to her she wanted him back. He wasn't even hers to begin with. She is such a loser.

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
I really hate the second lead. How annoying can she get. When DW was paying attention to her she didn't care but when he didn't pay attention to her she wanted him back. He wasn't even hers to begin with. She is such a loser.
I agree, Hye In seems really desperate...I haven't watched episode 10 yet, but I read the caps for it, and I'm waiting to watch it when it's closer to episode 11's air date, cuz I can't wait that long to watch episode 11...I saw the end of 10, and Mi Ho falling...I have a feeling Dong Joo catches her just before she hits the ground...I just want to see how Dae Woong will react to seeing Mi Ho's condition.

But Hye In is a big fat b****, she's a typical n'rai man...practically trying to kill the girl, but for what? Dae Woong isn't even interested her, now she just seems desperate for him. I hate women like that.

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
Episode 11 has got to be the sweetest and cutest episode ever!!!
I'm glad Dae Woong finally admitted to Mi Ho that he likes her, and I'm glad Mi Ho finally told him the truth about her becoming a human.
And that kiss...was the best!

I'm gonna rewatch that last part over and over and over, it was really sweet the way they kissed. She asks what "girlfriend" means, and he pulls her in to kiss her...but we all know happy times won't last forever...but I still enjoyed it.

Dong Joo looked hot when he was being protective over Mi Ho with Hye In...the part where he put his hand on the wall to block Hye In after she had kissed Dae Woong, that was so hot...and then when he treatened her. I was all giddy cuz of how hot he looked, but then I did not like it when he was trying to separate Dae Woong and Mi Ho, wanting Mi Ho all to himself.

I get that he loves Mi Ho, or he sees that she's his second chance at love with the gumiho, but he had his chance, and like the past, this gumiho loves a human...what is he gonna do, kill her again?

cecilia

Staff member
^it's hard to be in the doctor's shoe -- i like his protective side -- i feel sad for his one side love story but still hopeful for him to be with Miho as well.

I'm torn between -- can't root for any of the men --

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
I’m not one for the details, I prefer you get a little snippet, and then go watch the show yourself…so if my summary bothers you, I’m sorry. I feel that, even though I like spoilers myself, just knowing the gist of what’s going to happen is good enough.

They sure know how to follow a good episode, with an even greater one. This time, Dae Woong returns the ring to Mi Ho, but officially as his girlfriend. Dae Woong reaches for another kiss, but the bead has a bad reaction. Mi Ho says that the bead is angry about what happened earlier, and it’s acting up because Dae Woong is “thinking of mating on a full-blown scale” LOL. As much as he tries to deny it, the bead tells all. She tells him to just bear with the pain and try kissing her again, but he’s in too much pain. But it is really cute to watch the two attempt to kiss. They go inside the loft and Mi Ho starts writing out her life plan of things to do after 100 days and it includes, one: mating with Dae Woong, two: get married to Dae Woong, three: have kids with Dae Woong, one every year…and all that is supposed to happen in the course of a year. I love that all her plans involve Dae Woong, who is freaked out by it and pointing out that he is only 21. He tells her that they have to go see his grandpa the next day, and points out that her life plans are practically the same as his grandpa’s plans for him.

A mysterious young boy shows up late in the game, and turns out to be a goblin, who is has a hunger for Mi Ho’s bead. Stalker Dong Joo totally witnessed Dae Woong’s declaration to Mi Ho and realizes there is no possible way Mi Ho could leave Dae Woong now, so he decides to give up and leave himself. This is when I start believing he’s pretty cool, no longer standing in the way of the couple, and going off to live on an island. Mi Ho tells him that she won’t be able to visit him because she’s afraid of the water, which he doesn’t understand, since foxes are supposed to be afraid of fire. But she nonchalantly points out that she was made out of fire, which peaked an interest in that mysterious head of his. He runs into the goblin and questioned it about why it was following Mi Ho’s bead, and it revealed to him that it smelled of goblin fire. Dong Joo starts connecting his dots to realize that not only does Mi Ho have a similar face to his first love, but that she is also made of what his love used to be. He regrets helping Mi Ho become human, because it has put him in the same position he was in, all those years ago.

Dae Woong takes Mi Ho to his grandfather’s for dinner and she uses the things she learned in the past 500 years to impress her in-law as well as Dae Woong. Mi Ho looks through Dae Woong’s old albums to see the life he led in the past 20 years and envies that he’s been able to do so much with his life. Dae Woong is surprised, since she is over 500 years old, so she would probably have a more interesting life than he does. But she points out that he has spent 20 years living his life, while she spent all her years merely existing in hers.

This is something even humans go through, and I love that they point this out in this drama. In previous episodes, it was discussed how this show is about acceptance: accepting someone for who they are, no matter how different they can be. But now, it’s about truly living the life that was given to you.

Mi Ho was explaining to Dae Woong that the things in her life plan were things she constantly heard people praying and wishing for in the temple…their dreams and deepest desires…maybe not the mating part LOL. She told him the things that seemed normal or unimportant to everyone else were significant to her. Which made Dae Woong realize how true it was for her. So he decides to help give her actual memories, which led to their first picture together, that he got developed to put into an album for her.

Dong Joo is off to see Mi Ho, after finding out her real identity…Okay, it was bad enough with him lingering around trying to “help” Mi Ho when he thought she looked like his lover. But now that they’re practically the same gumiho, he’s never going anywhere…which he tells Mi Ho himself, vowing to always protect her. Guilty much? Maybe if you didn’t kill her to begin with, you wouldn’t be living with so much guilt you dummy.

Dae Woong finds out he has to go to China for 2 months to continue filming in China, and hesitates to go because of Mi Ho, but she encourages him even though she’s clearly upset about it. She’s sorry that she can’t be a normal girlfriend, and that he has to worry about her so much. To cheer her up, Dae Woong tells her the 9 best things about having a gumiho as a girlfriend. One of which is that he really really really really really really really really likes her.

While Dae Woong is away, Dong Joo tells Mi Ho about the goblin after Dae Woong and convinces her to leave with him until he can get rid of the goblin. Mi Ho only agreed because Dae Woong was safe in China. At the same moment, Dae Woong came back briefly to surprise Mi Ho, always denying that he doesn’t miss her.

The goblin sniffs Dae Woong out and ends up knocking him out. He wonders how to remove the bead right when Dae Woong wakes up. The goblin points out that it’s better off that he have the bead, since it could kill Dae Woong. At the same time, Dong Joo is driving Mi Ho out of town when his supernatural sword reacts and he rushes to find the goblin. He only injures it and the goblin makes a run for it, while Dae Woong takes the time to ask him about what the goblin meant about his death and the bead. Meanwhile, Mi Ho is outside and has caught the goblin, and misunderstanding that Mi Ho is evil, he spills the truth about the bead to Mi Ho. She yells at him for following her, and he yells at her for trying to take a human life and explains to her how Dae Woong could die after the bead is removed from him. He also tells her that Dong Joo knows that as well. In the action school, Dong Joo tells Dae Woong that if he betrays Mi Ho and doesn’t return the bead to her after 100 days, then she will die, so he has to protect it well until that time. Dong Joo is pretty shady to use Dae Woong’s feelings for Mi Ho to lie to him like that. But our boy firmly tells Dong Joo that even if he didn’t mention it, Dae Woong would have done so anyways.

Mi Ho is worried about Dae Woong’s safety, so she starts to cry…therefore, it starts to rain. She cries and tries to figure out what she can do. Dae Woong goes back to the loft, but Mi Ho obviously isn’t there…he sees Mi Ho’s life plan glued on that basket thing she sleeps on, and decides to add his name and a heart to the page, to read Dae Woong & Mi Ho’s life plan. Adorable, right? Meanwhile, Mi Ho has gone to see Dong Joo. I noticed that after both men have grown to know how innocent and honest Mi Ho is, that even when she’s keeping things from them, they don’t notice, because they’ve gotten used to her so much that they don’t think she’d ever lie, or even know how to. Well, she knows the truth, and you can tell she’s upset, but Dong Joo isn’t seeing it. I guess at this moment, she wants to know what lengths Dong Joo will go for her, and finds out that he will do anything to get the bead back for Mi Ho, whether or not Dae Woong agreed to it. He also points out happily that he told Dae Woong what would happen if she doesn’t get it back, so they don’t need to worry about Mi Ho’s willingness. It only reassures Mi Ho that 1: Dong Joo is willing to let Dae Woong die, and 2: Dae Woong will give Mi Ho the bead to save her life. She realizes that she only has one option, and she thinks about it as she’s eyeing Dong Joo’s supernatural dagger and asking if that can really harm her. She goes back home and Dae Woong brings up the fact that she kept the part about her death from him, at first thinking that she didn’t trust him, but later realizing she does, that’s why she didn’t need to tell him. He tells her that they need to stay together and that he will protect her, and she vows to do the same…she’s crying, I’m crying…it’s just a really sweet moment. Because they’re on completely two different pages, both trying to save each other’s lives but not having the ability to without risking their own.

I find that interesting, one is a human with just a fox bead inside of him, while another is a gumiho that is slowly dying. They have about the same power in them, yet so willing to protect the person they love. Only 3 episodes left!!!

And for those of you in America, it is now airing on your local SBS station on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Episode 2 just passed. I will be re-watching this as it is airing. This has to be one of my favorite Korean dramas since Smile, You. So much for Smile, You or whatever else is out there, this is my drama for this year.