Expired Sarnie
Title: 이혼변호사는 연애 중 / Divorce Lawyer in Love
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 20 (To Be Confirmed)
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2015-April-18 to 2015-June-21
Air time: Saturdays & Sundays 20:45
Synopsis
A common word of wisdom goes that you should never burn any bridges because you never know what the future will hold.
Ko Cheok Hee (Jo Yeo Jung) is an unscrupulous divorce attorney who will do whatever it takes to get what she wants for her clients. Her office manager, So Jung Woo (Yun Woo Jin) doesn’t hold back his opinions and criticizes everything that Cheok Hee does wrong, and the two constantly bicker and collide. Ultimately, the two can’t stand each other and Jung Woo leaves his job and ends up going to law school and also becomes a divorce attorney. Years later, Cheok Hee gets her legal license suspended because of professional misconduct. When she runs into Jeong Woo, she goes to work for his law office as his office manager. With the tables now turned, can Jung Woo survive the abuse she gets from her new boss?

Cast
Jo Yeo Jung as Ko Cheok Hee
Yun Woo Jin as So Jung Woo
Shim Hyung Tak as Bong Min Gyu
Wang Ji Won as Jo Soo Ah

cecilia

Staff member
I love this drama .. simply because I adore Woo Jin from Marriage, Not Dating. He's so adult like in this one but I like :wub:

fun

Expired Sarnie
So is it worth a shot? I was contemplating whether I should watch this or not. I have so many dramas on my plate right now and I don't feel like quitting half way (that's why my list of incomplete drama just keeps on growing). I need a drama that I won't stop half way. 

I enjoyed Marriage Not Dating too even though I didn't like Han Groo. 

cecilia

Staff member
I think it's worth a shot ... They did not have a good start and so it'll be interesting to see how they'll reconcile especially when she's so head strong with her logic and he's like so strong but confuses at the same time (he's unusable to tame her at all lol)

fun

Expired Sarnie
I just finish the first two episode. I am on the fence. 

Unfortunately these two nut racks are in the wrong profession LOL So Jung Woo should have became a marriage counselor and Go Cheok Hee should have been a private detective. 

But out of the two, GCH is a lot more professional. She may have crossed some boundaries and may look like she is out for only profit but she was earnest in her representation of her clients. She believed in her clients and she did what she needed to do help them (as a reminder, SJW is supposed to be a lawyer and it is a lawyer job). SJW on the other hand is a bigot who tells his women clients to bear the situations they are in because he did not want to destroy their lives and ignores the fact that their lives are already a mess because of their husbands? And he condescendingly told two grown women to go back and list what they like about their husbands, as if they don't have a right to leave unhappy situations. Then when she actually goes to help them get evidence, he acts like she is committing a crime. What's so wrong in looking for evidence? Isn't that what you're supposed to do as a lawyer?

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I don't know why I started this one when I'm currently watching a gazillion dramas too lol. I must say that I am on the fence-ish too with Fun.

I want to like the characters but... Something is throwing me off.. So I can't enjoy them as much. I like the cast though, even though the one I know are the older veteran actors and Woo Jin lol. When I see Woo Jin, I'm reminded of the Japanese actor Daito Shunsuke :) :) :)

So far it's comical, but I might be annoyed of the main girl's character. She still acts like she's the boss when she clearly is not... Sure they switched roles now but it looked like nothing changed still. And there is still that misunderstanding from the two. Hopefully it'll get cleared soon, because I wouldn't want it to drag on.

fun

Expired Sarnie
aikoden said:
I don't know why I started this one when I'm currently watching a gazillion dramas too lol. I must say that I am on the fence-ish too with Fun.

I want to like the characters but... Something is throwing me off.. So I can't enjoy them as much. I like the cast though, even though the one I know are the older veteran actors and Woo Jin lol. When I see Woo Jin, I'm reminded of the Japanese actor Daito Shunsuke :) :) :)

So far it's comical, but I might be annoyed of the main girl's character. She still acts like she's the boss when she clearly is not... Sure they switched roles now but it looked like nothing changed still. And there is still that misunderstanding from the two. Hopefully it'll get cleared soon, because I wouldn't want it to drag on.
I find the female more likable than the male lol Like I stated she may have a rugged personality but she knows her job. She may use the wrong method at times but at least she is helping her clients. What happens if one of the female client is really getting abused by her husband, is SJW gonna tell her to go home and write about all the things she used to love about her husband? I know in Korea you need a legit reason to divorce because it seems like irreconcilable differences is invalid to use against a divorce case.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Episode 3 was good. A lot better than the first two episode. I don't know why people are hating on Cheok Hee. I don't like the actress or her acting but her character is not worthy to hate. I actually like her and it seems like our male lead is starting to understand her. 

But the subbing is so slow!!! Still waiting for episode 4 with English sub. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
I check every hour since Sunday. I wonder why it is so slow. They usually have kdrama subbed at the end of the day.

cecilia

Staff member
All the fans who did not like her boycotted it lol

I don't like how she's constantly with Chucky .. a bit weird lol

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
fun said:
I check every hour since Sunday. I wonder why it is so slow. They usually have kdrama subbed at the end of the day.

That's what I was thinking.. usually kdrama subs are fast.

I haven't watched the latest eps yet since I have a ton assignments to complete and are due!! ahhhhhh.

She has a lot of haters Ceci?  Anyways, I give her props for being able to film with Chucky.. <--- 555... ugghhhh. eek.

fun

Expired Sarnie
People just don't like her character's attitude. That's all.

And I think it has something to do with her hair LOL let me specify... her bangs. They totally distracted me the entire time. Why do Korean like that kind of hairstyle? Wae wae wae!!!

cecilia

Staff member
The bang bothers me too ... I like straight or edgy ends lol

I just dont' like chucky .. she's quite a psycho for carrying it and patting it like that.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Chuckie doesnt bother me lol

Anyway don't tell me she was the one who saved him in the subway. It is just too obvious but anywho that will even out and make him less guilty when he turns down the other female who paid his college tuition.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I think it is safe to say I am totally sucked into this drama. Sure the lead gal is not played by someone I like but the story so far is smooth sailing. 

I can't pick who I love more. Min Gyu or Jung Woo. Dilemma. But if Min Gyu does not act up, girl is saying bye bye. 

Episode spoiler: 
The kiss came sooner than I thought. But it was such a delight. So I think it is pretty obvious from here on out that the girl who saved Jung Woo is no other than Cheok Hee. And seems like in the next episode preview she will be his heroine once again. 

cecilia

Staff member
I love today episode ... love Jung Woo <3 Seems like he remember her at the train station. 

BTW, the ost is GREAT too, especially love the ending song to today episode.

Reactions: fun

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Watched the first episode just now and I'm sort of hooked already. I feel bad for that man in the first case though. Poor guy was set up. Looking forward to watching the rest. - Her bangs are hideous. lol

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I find it hilarious how I started on this drama first but... I'm watching the mainland drama "Divorce Lawyers" instead LOL.

Will get back to this one soon.