RIP: Taiwanese actress Xu Weilun dies

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
Xu Weilun's passed away this weekend... not sure if everyone knows who she was, but she was a taiwanese actress that I really liked watching in taiwanese dramas. She was in a car accident and injured very heavily. The latest news I read is that she died from her injuries... so sad. She was only 28 years old and had so much potential and was so talented-- she spoke about three different languages and played the piano and harp very well, and also can play guitar, drums and erhu.

Alot of the other taiwanese stars came to be with her before she passed away: Rainie Yang, Ariel Lin, Joe Cheng, Cyndi Wang, Lee Wei. Other stars she worked on dramas with or were good friends with were also in contact: Mike He, Zhang Shao Wei, Jacky Wu, Energy's Ah Di, and others that I'm less familiary with (Shi Yi Nan, Lin Wei Jun, Yang Kuei, Ke Shu Chin, Xiao Gui...etc.)

If you're not familar with her works, she was in these dramas below. At the very bottom are also some pictures and articles.

Tai Yang De Nu Er (2007)
Double Jade Legend (2005)
Express Boy (2005)
Nine-Ball (2004)
Scent of Love (2004)
An Shi Ai Mei Hui (2004)
Tian Xia Wu Shuang (2003)
Love Storm (2003)
Secretly Loving You (2002)
True Love 18 (2002)
Meteor Garden I (2001) cameo

Actress Xu Weilun dies

BEIJING, Jan. 29 -- The death of Taiwan actress Xu Weilun was confirmed on Saturday night after she fell into a coma following a fatal car accident.

The 28-year-old actress was sitting in the front seat of a Mini Cooper when the car smashed into a protective fence on an expressway, then hit by a van from behind. Xu's assistant reportedly drove the car, but only sustained minor injuries.

Xu Weilun's head was seriously fractured and she fell into a deep coma after the accident. Xu died of hydrocephalus.

Xu's parents and many friends, including Ariel Lin Yichen, Zhao Shanwei and her ex-boyfriend Lee Wei, stayed at the hospital to accompany her.

The star, once nominated for a Golden Bell award for best supporting actress, was also known for her love affairs with ex-boyfriends Lee Wei and Vic Zhou Yumin.

(Source: CRIENGLISH.com)

CREDIT: yahoo taiwan+TVBS, yArrow@soompi
Xu Wei Lun gets in Accident
1709 Heart Beat Stopped, Unable to rescue her after 2 hours

Celebrity, Xu Wei Lun, got into an accident yesterday, and her condition did not improve at all. This afternoon 1709, her heart beat stopped, after 2 hours of rescuing, certified death at 1937.

The doctor said, because of the water-swell in the brain, all this while, her condition did not improve. At 1709, she had a cardiac arrest. After the doctors' rescue, they could not revive her, and she's certified dead at 1937.
Her family is handling the matters, and wil lsend her body back to Taipei tonight.

QUOTE(sushixohh @ Jan 28 2007, 06:52 AM)
coincidence or not?
in WeiLun's new drama, she plays a girl who has heart problems, and it was scheduled for her to film a surgery scene on the 28th, but who knew that she is actually in the hospital and going under surgery for real.
in the WeiLun's seat of the car, they found a magazine and it was opened to a page with the ad of a Japanese movie, "Death Note." it is suspected that WeiLun was flipping through the magazine and landed on that page when the accident happened because on that page of the magazine was blood; the other pages of the magazine did not have any blood stains.

translated by m1ss

Not Seeing Xu Wei Lun The Last Time; Lee Wei Breaks Down

Translated by: stephanieshieh
Source: Yahoo! News TW

Xu Wei Lun yesterday 7:37 rushing for promotions was seriously injured and couldn't be saved; ended a short 28 years of life. Her family and her close friends from the celebrity circle, including Ariel Lin, Zhang Shan Wei, Zhang Yu Fan, Xiao Gui all surrounded her bedside, with her until she passed away. But ex-boyfriend Lee Wei waited outside the hospital two days, really wanting to go inside but was denied. Yesterday night, after he found out the new of her passing away, he broke down.

In fact, yesterday before dawn, Xu Weilun's conditions had slightly progressed. Under friends and family's encouragement, her eyes shed a tear, indicating that even though her body could not move, but she could still react to outside stimulation, letting her friends and family to be optimistic. Unbelievably, after a few hours, Xu Wei Lun's conditions had a rapid sudden turn for the worse.

Shi Yi Nan hides in the bathroom until mood is more calm
Lee Wei and Xu Wei Lun dated for two years. Because of the breakup with Vic Chou Zai Zai, the two became friends. Lee Wei had passionate feelings towards her, once he knew that she was in a car accident, he immediately rushed to the Tai Zhong hospital, but he was denied going inside to see her, but he did not give up - kept asking Zhang Shan Wei and other friends, but he was still not allowed in. Not being able to see her for the last time became his biggest regret. Zai Zai yesterday morning sent flowers, but could not be reached yesterday night for a response.

Yesterday, "Sun Daughter" male lead Shi Yi Nan was in a hospital filming a car accident scene. He was laying on a cold surgery table, and all he could think of was Xu Wei Lun so much he couldn't continue acting. Before, he was really optimistic of Xu Wei Lun's conditions, but after he received the bad news, a thick face mask couldn't muffle his loud crying sounds. At the end, he rushed to a bathroom to calm down.

Mike He and Joe Zheng Cries So Much They Lose Voice
Ariel Lin rushed to Xu Wei Lun's side that night; and Zhang Shan Wei, Energy Ah Di, Zhang Yu Fan, Xiao Gui all showed up. She laid on the bed to talk to Xu Wei Lun, but Ariel still couldn't get her best friend back. As for Xu Wei Lun leaving them, everyone couldn't shed their moods, stayed in the hospital until dawn, then accompanied bringing her body back to Taipei.

The other good friends who couldn't be at her side, cried hysterically on the phone. Mike He's voice was really nasal, he only said: "I can't talk right now, sorry!" and hurriedly hung up the phone. Joe Zheng cried so much he lost his voice, the only sound heard on the phone was grabbing tissues. Cyndi Wang heard the news of almost-like-sisters, was so sad she sobbed at home; when her assistant was comforting her, Cyndi couldn't say anything, she just couldn't stop crying, praying that her friend left peacefully. Jacky Wu couldn't say anything when he heard, could only say something from his heart: "I will always remember her beauty."

Jay88

sarNie Egg
That's sad to hear. She's really pretty too. And I feel bad for her ex-boyfriend, he really wanted to go see her but was denied.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
:( oh my gosh!!! :lmao: she is so young & talanted.. why did she have to go so soon?

:( i guess it was time for her to go. may she rest in peace.. FAREWELL..

Mae

sarNie Adult
That's so sad...she's so young and still had her whole life ahead of her.....what a tragedy...and i wonder why Lee Wei was denied permission to go in...hmmm...it could have been a bad break up and her parents didn't allow him too, but he cared so much that he was there and waited outside..how sad...

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
that's sad...yesterday i was just reading an article about ariel, rainie and the other went to visit her at the hospital...and today reading this...rip....

Candy11

sarNie Egg
OMG! So sad man... Why gotta be her... That's sooo sad, sorry for those tawainese star...

Fearless

sarNie Adult
OMG I can't believe she died! It's so sad! She is such a great actress and I really liked her in "secretly loving you". It's so sad! = ( hope she rests in peace!

lido_kt

sarNie Hatchling
OMG why did she have to die? she was so young and talented not to say pretty too. aww R.I.P

sunisa

that is a very sad thing to hear...may she RIP!!I have never saw any of her drama,but i read that she is a talented actress.hope her family and close friends can endure their pain of losing love one. :( :(

vangsta_1989

sarNie Hatchling
OH MY GOD.... I WAS SO SHOCK WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT WEI LUN PASSED AWAY... I FELT SO SAD FOR HER... I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO HER NEW MOVIE... SHE'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE ACTRESSES... SHE IS SO YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL... NOW SHE IS GONE... ANYWAYS I AM STILL LOOKING FORWARD TO THE DRAMA THAT SHE IS CURRENTLY FILMING IT BUT DIDN'T FINISH IT CAUSE OF THIS... I STILL WANT TO SEE IT EVEN THOUGH SHE IS NOT FINISH WITH IT... EVEN THOUGH THE DIRECTOR CHOSE HER BEST FRIEND ARIEL TO PLAY HER PART... I STILL WANT TO SEE HER PART OF THE MOVIE.... RIP XU WEI LUN

Kat

sarNie Hatchling
aww..that's so sad. she was so pretty too.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
so sad.. her funeral was like a wedding.. red carpet and white roses.. so sad.. :lmao: her b/f must be so sad. her good-bye concert was so sad.. her friends were all there to say good bye.. so sad.. she was so talanted.. :lmao:

mRs.BiE

sarNie Juvenile
so sad!!! she's so beautiful!!! what movie was she currently filming??? ariel's playing her part???

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
so sad.. i don't know her but she's really pretty and cute.. wished she has stayed here longer.. i feel so sad for her fans :( RIP.