Ratings for lakorns on air now

YoUa

One Of Kob Big Fan
lol where did you read this? Channel 3 and channel 7 air nationwide na, I dont know where you're getting info that only channel 7 can air nationwide.

Channel 3 lakorns attract a different audience than those of channel 7. Whereas Channel 3 attract mostly people in Bangkok, channel 7 usually attract audiences north and south of Thailand. But there are times, that channel 7 basically pulls in all the ratings, including ratings from Bangkok.

How can you say that channel 7 pulling in the ratings not considered a big deal?

Personally I care for the ratings, cause it says a lot, if the ratings are good, obviously the general public enjoys it, and chances are I would too. If a lakorn did poorly in ratings, it either says the leads couldnt pull it off, or the lakorn itself sucked. I usually watch lakorns based on how it was recieved by the public, some lakorns I dont bother watching, cause if the majority didnt like it, chances are, I wont.
Channel 3 can't air nationwide is for real...also some can't watch channel 3 so you have to buy UHF to connent to watch channel 3. Do you see some lakorn store have UHF but some don't have.

Here for example...this one have UHF

But this one don't have UHF

you want to know more then check it over here.
http://www2.thaitv3.com/board2005/viewforum.php?f=14

tinah

sarNie Coma
Thanx for clarifying Youa..no wonder when ch3 lakorn flop it flop so bad..lol..since some viewers have to buy UHF to connect to their lakorn..they wont bother watching it if the lakorn isnt good

natty

Chubs
It is "Lotus Pang Suankaew" in Chiang Mai. I really like it a lot cause it is connecting to the Mall

(it is beautiful mall that many thai students was there to enjoy shopping, eating at food courts. I love Papaya salad there. Yummm!)

And again, I'm sure no tv3 in this hotel...I'm not mistaken...don't know because I was there in year 2000.

http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/chiang_m...g_suankaew.html

lol well that was 6 years ago navy.. i'm positive they have it now.. but dont take my word for it. i was only there this summer.. so it could be just that hotel that have them..

kermint

sarNie Adult
lol where did you read this? Channel 3 and channel 7 air nationwide na, I dont know where you're getting info that only channel 7 can air nationwide.

Channel 3 lakorns attract a different audience than those of channel 7. Whereas Channel 3 attract mostly people in Bangkok, channel 7 usually attract audiences north and south of Thailand. But there are times, that channel 7 basically pulls in all the ratings, including ratings from Bangkok.

How can you say that channel 7 pulling in the ratings not considered a big deal?

Personally I care for the ratings, cause it says a lot, if the ratings are good, obviously the general public enjoys it, and chances are I would too. If a lakorn did poorly in ratings, it either says the leads couldnt pull it off, or the lakorn itself sucked. I usually watch lakorns based on how it was recieved by the public, some lakorns I dont bother watching, cause if the majority didnt like it, chances are, I wont.
ok. you asked where i read this. i think youa already give you the link so you should go check. you can go at channel 3 website and make a topic to ask, make sure what i said it's true or not. but you have to write Thai Not English. i knew this for long long long time ago when i was still Live in Thailand that Channel 3 didn't have nationwide.

samtly

Xtreme sarNie
i check with friend in thailand, from wat they told me is both channel is air nationwide but ch3 do not have recep as good as ch7. basically u can get ch7 everywhere but with ch3 at certain place the ch3 is not clear. even in chiang mai itself, some place is clear some is not.

Mai*

sarNie Elites
i check with friend in thailand, from wat they told me is both channel is air nationwide but ch3 do not have recep as good as ch7. basically u can get ch7 everywhere but with ch3 at certain place the ch3 is not clear. even in chiang mai itself, some place is clear some is not.
Thank you Samtly, basically it does air nationwide, but it depends on reception huh? I heard the same thing as you, that it airs nationwide. But I never realized the reception thing. Thank you for the confirmation.

If it's like some of you have suggested that channel 3 only airs in Bangkok and surrounding areas, there's no way an island like Phuket would get it. I'm not using examples of my own experience, but from what some members have already confirmed, it airs in both Phuket and Chiang Mai. Natty was just in Chiang Mai this year, 6 years ago was very different. I have a friend that teaches in Rayong and she's really east of Thailand, and she does channel surfing between 3 and 7 all the time.

natty

Chubs
thank you samtly.. lol for a minute i thought my hotel was high class or something to get ch 3 but others doesnt lol..

but anyways.. if that really is channel 3 main reason for why their rating sucks.. i wonder how come their magazines never use that as an excuse to battle with ch 7?

samtly

Xtreme sarNie
i think for ch3 maintaining a steady rating is good enough. overall for me i like most of the ch3 lakorn. as for ch7 have to said only the really popular one which is only one or two. so rating is just a competition between them. for us is still depend on individual if u like or not like the lakorn or most common who we support. some time if the lakorn is really not all that great if we support the actor in it than is ok

vallapa

sarNie Egg
Rating from Star Album (9/25 - 10/5 2006)

Ch7:
KKRKKR (Kwan & Oil) ends at 23 :yahoo:
KRGPB (Kob & Chakrit) starts at 10 :lol:
PRPR (Note, Win, Chompu) 10
Tawan Roong (Kade & May) ends at 16

Ch 3:
Yeur Marn 7
KTP (Tik & Cherry) 7
TTKS (Aum & Bua) 5
Narok Toa Sood Tai (Pongpat) 12

Ch 5:
RAHR (Bee & Mew) 4

ITV:
Ngern Park Pee (Johnny Alfonae) 7

p.s. I don't care much about rating however if the lakorn that I watch has a high rating, I am happy ^_^
I just post this since someone asks for the ratings ;)

BTW, for the TV Pool Vote last week, Kwan and KKRKKR was still #1 while Oil is #2 well Tik's fans are
so strong, he was #1 last week :lmao:

navy

sarNie Adult
Channel 3 can't air nationwide is for real...also some can't watch channel 3 so you have to buy UHF to connent to watch channel 3. Do you see some lakorn store have UHF but some don't have.
Thank you YoUa. No wonder at the hotel I stayed didn' t have tv3 while others have it

It might be the same in Phuket ...while the hotel I stayed had it, others may not have it.

YoUa

One Of Kob Big Fan
you might be rite...lol

Mai*

sarNie Elites
That's the lastest rating available Tinah, rating results are always 2 weeks or something like that behind. Unless it's reported from Siamdara, they seem to report faster than Stars Album. KRGPB's rating of 10 is actually not bad for the first week. It usually picks up after that.

tinah

sarNie Coma
oh the result for the first week of Oct is the latest?..i keep thinking its like polls..how they have it every week

samtly

Xtreme sarNie
i think there is no need to worry about rating. i reckon different poll will give different result. example would b tv poll would never let kob go to the top of the poll. (i know some people would b screaming now that poll are vote by thai people. but who know how the poll are conducted) anywhere good for oil and kwan lakorn for having so high rating but that does not mean everyone have to agree. you ask me ann and ken lakorn is much better both acting and storyline. that is just my opinion. no one should argue. just like when some one said oil and kwan lakron is great.

natty

Chubs
wait.. are we talking about ratings or are we talking about polls here? cus arent polls voted by the people but ratings are conducted by viewers?

natty

Chubs
ahhh i c..

so rating matters or dont matter? or does it matter only when the one you like is doing well?

personally i dont call either lakorn the greatest..

samtly

Xtreme sarNie
i mean it does not matter wat the rating is. as long as i like the lakorn. for ann and ken lakorn i like it the when watching the first epi and love until it end. it was not because of the rating that i watch the lakorn. as for oil and kwan lakron i start off liking it but by end stop watching.