Rachatayard (The Heir)- CH.11 11/26/14

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
thank you so much with the continuation thatsouthernasianchick, i like this ff very much.
bratty yaya landed on nadechs plate, how interesting. Hes all serious and gentleman, carrying her !, while shes a spoilt lady. Their banter will be so fun along the way. I look forward to find out how their love will develop. thank you.

keylargo said:
thank you so much with the continuation thatsouthernasianchick, i like this ff very much.
bratty yaya landed on nadechs plate, how interesting. Hes all serious and gentleman, carrying her !, while shes a spoilt lady. Their banter will be so fun along the way. I look forward to find out how their love will develop. thank you.
Yeah, I think you'll like this one a lot. It's light, not too dramatic, and will have a lot of sweet scenes between Nadech and Yaya. I hope you will love it. :D

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
thatsouthernasianchick said:
Yeah, I think you'll like this one a lot. It's light, not too dramatic, and will have a lot of sweet scenes between Nadech and Yaya. I hope you will love it. :D
i know i'll love it in fact also your other ffs too. thank you for your time, efforts and creativity, i enjoy your stories and style thatsoutherasianchick

Chapter Four

As they took each step and became closer to the town, Nadech seemed to walk slower and slower. He was beginning to feel sick, his face pale as a spirit and his eyes, droopy. Nadech finally stopped walking, while Urassaya was still perched comfortably on his back. He took a deep breath and exhaled out of exhaustion.
"Hey, hey, peuan, you alright?"
Toey grabbed Nadech's arm and examined his pale, sweaty face.
"I'm fine," Nadech gasped.
"Keep on walking then," Urassaya ordered.
"Nee khun, he's been carrying you for almost an hour already," said Toey. "You can get off and walk now."
"I didn't hear him complaining yet," Urassaya snapped.
"Nee!" Toey exclaimed. "He's a human, not a horse or cow. You can't just use him like that."
"Put me down," Urassaya said, finally.
Nadech put her down and suddenly became light-headed.
"Hey, unbelievable," said Urassaya. "You seem so strong yet you're so weak."
"Enough already," said Toey, losing patience with Urassaya. "It's all your fault. If we didn't stop to help you, P'Dech wouldn't be like this."
Beep! Beep!
The three of them turned around to see a small, red pickup truck brake abruptly next to them.
"Por Yai!" Toey exclaimed happily.
Nadech gave a weak smile. Urassaya's face lit up at the sight the roadside assistance.
"Khun Noo krub," said Loong Boon, exiting the passenger's side of the vehicle.
"What took so long, Loong Boon?" Urassaya asked.
"Sorry na krub," Loong Boon apologized. "I had to wait over an hour until Por Yai happened to come by."
"Glad to see you, Por Yai," said Nadech.
His lips were dry and his face, pale as ever. He was sweating from head to toe.
"Nadech, are you alright?" Por Yai asked him.
"I'm fine, krub," Nadech replied.
"It's because of this hi-so, girl!" Toey exclaimed. "P'Dech haven't had a drop of water the past two hours."
"Don't blame me," said Urassaya. "I've gone half a day without water plenty of times; I'm fine and still alive."
"You have?" asked Toey. "Was it in the scorching hot sun? Were you carrying anyone on your back for nearly an hour? And at the same time, did you walk over three hours nonstop?"
Urassaya was silent. She then made a face and apologized to Nadech.
"It's okay," he said in an almost whisper.
"Alright, Nadech, get in the truck," said Por Yai.
Toey helped Nadech into the front next to Por Yai and then joined Urassaya and Loong Boon in the backseat.
"You haven't two haven't told me yet why you left the village," said Por Yai, as they continued down the road. "Why are you going into town?"
"Yesterday,...
"Nadech, mai tong," said Por Yai. "Let Aie Toey explain."
Por Yai handed Nadech a bottle of water and told him to drink up. Nadech nodded and did as he was told while Toey explained their situation to Por Yai.
"Puthanate, Puthanate...
Por Yai thought for a moment and tried to remember where he had heard this name before. He had vague memories from twenty years ago but this name was significant.
"I can't think of it right now," he said finally.
"But I know this name," said Urassaya, after a moment of silence.
They had almost forgot she was in the car too because since they got in, she was silent the entire time.
Urassaya scratched her head and thought for a second.
"Khun Noo, krub, this Puthanate guy, do you reckon it's the same Mom Rachawong Puthanate Naresuan?" Loong Boon whispered into her ear. "It must be, right?"
"Chai si!" Urassaya exclaimed suddenly.
"Hey," said Toey, slightly surprised by her reaction. "Don't tell me you know him?"
"How can I not?" Urassaya snapped. "He's my to-be father-in-law? And, he's a good guy!"
Nadech turned around and exchanged looks with Toey, who seemed more shocked than Nadech. He then turned back around in his seat and rested his head on the headrest. They will resolve everything once they reach town.

"If that Por Yai doesn't agree, what will do, phor?"
Chaiyapol stuffed a forkful of green beans into his mouth and listened to his father's response. More than anything, he needed this resort construction to happen and to happen fast. Even though he was the sole heir to his family's business, he had to ensure his stability by gaining recognition and power.
"If we don't get an agreement, then we must come up with another plan," replied Mom Rachawong Puthanate. "No matter what, I know Por Yai will take this matter very seriously because I'm sure he wants progress of the village."
Chaiyapol smiled a half smile and put his fork down. After wiping his mouth with the dinner napkin, he excused himself to the restroom. On the way, loud chattering outside caught his attention.
"You can't go in! You can't go in!"
"Mee arai ah?" Chaiyapol asked the security.
His attention was shifted to his fiance, Urassaya.
"Rasa!" he exclaimed. "How did you get here?"
"P'Pol!" Urassaya ran up to him and explained her not so pitiful situation. In the the middle of her short story, she blamed Nadech and Toey for her journey difficulties, to which Toey took as offensive.
"You should blame yourself missy," said Toey. "If you weren't so hot-headed to chase after a man out here, you wouldn't be in this situation."
"Who are you to talk to my fiance like that, let alone stand in front of this hotel?" asked Chaiyapol, pointing a finger at Toey. "Even though this isn't a five star hotel, you still aren't suitable to even just stand in front of it. Judging by your looks and clothes, you're just a despicable villager! How dare you even talk to my fiance like that?!"
"P'Dech, I never knew before that Krungthep dogs bark loudly as this," said Toey, turning to Nadech. "Have you known that before?"
"THAT'S TOO MUCH!" Chaiyapol bellowed, angrily stepping forward as if he were about to punch Toey.
"Alright, that's enough," said Por Yai. "Let's not make a big deal out of this."
"Por Yai! You heard what he called us villagers!" Toey exclaimed, fuming with anger.
"Who are you to command me?" Chaiyapol asked Por Yai.
"What's going on?"
Soon enough, Mom Rachawong Puthanate appeared outside the lobby.
"Aow, Por Yai," he said, immediately taking notice of the headman of Barn Nam Tok village. "It has been about 20 years. How have you been?"
Finally, Por Yai recognized him, Mom Rachawong Puthanate, who visited the village about 20 something years ago for a volunteer project. The two smiled and shook hands.
"Aow, phor num."
Mom Rachawong Puthanate then noticed Nadech, who was still pale but feeling a little better.
"Thank you for bringing Por Yai to me."
Mom Rachawong Puthanate totally misunderstood. Nadech did not bring Por Yai to see him but Nadech didn't have the strength to explain. Instead, he just nodded and slightly smiled. This was more difficult than he had initially thought.

As Nadech had presumed, Por Yai would dissent the idea of moderning the village, much to Mom Rachawong Puthanate's disappointment. This seemed to fuel the fire within Chaiyapol, who stood there still and quiet, watching as his dreams flushed away before his eyes. No matter what, he will talk his father into the resort project.
"Is it that important to you?" Urassaya asked him, when they both walked out of the room.
She had followed the angry Chaiyapol out down to the lobby.
"Chai!" he angrily replied.
"I don't think it makes a difference at all," said Urassaya. "As long as we're together, it's all that matters."
"Nee Nong Rasa, I'm not all fun and games like you na," said Chaiyapol. "I was born into an aristocratic family and I must engage in business as my father does. Business is business; you wouldn't understand."
"I didn't mean it like that," said Urassaya.
"I don't care how you meant, but I mean what I mean," said Chaiyapol.
"Noo Rasa."
The two turned around to see the others join them in the lobby.
"Say goodbye to Por Yai and these two gentleman," Mom Rachawong Puthanate said to her. "You should also thank them for taking care of you."
Urassaya did as she was told and even apologized to Nadech.
"Mai bpen rai," he said.
She helplessly watch them walk out of the hotel and suddenly felt guilty inside.

Finally, they resolved the problem and returned to the village. Nadech was very glad they ran into Por Yai along the way because if they didn't, things could've been much worse. At the same time, he was also drained of all of his energy. More than anything, he was happy that their village will remain the same, the beautiful Barn Nam Tok that all of the villagers had adored for many generations with more to come.
Before they reached home, Nadech passed out in the truck, only to be greeted by his mother's warmth several hours later.
A smile formed on Mae Jieb's face for she was proud of her only son and the sweet young man that he grew to be. She whispered, "I love you" to him and blew out the lamp so he could sleep peacefully. It had indeed been a very long day.

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
such a gallant and likeable man i love nadechs character here not so urassaya atm, demanding. she may turn around to be the sweetest when yadech develop love. worst is chaiyapol already dislike him from his brief introduction. thank you thatsouthernasianchick.

keylargo said:
such a gallant and likeable man i love nadechs character here not so urassaya atm, demanding. she may turn around to be the sweetest when yadech develop love. worst is chaiyapol already dislike him from his brief introduction. thank you thatsouthernasianchick.
Lol. Yeah, Nadech is a sweetheart, but you must keep in mind that Urassaya is from a rich family so being bratty is normal. Haha.

Chapter Five

As usual, Mae Jieb awoke at the crack of dawn to do laundry, and then make breakfast for Nadech, who also rose early to assist his mother with the chores. Mae Jieb entered her son's tiny room and grabbed his basket of soiled clothes while he was still asleep. She smiled, kneeled down next to him, and ruffled his hair softly. It was then she noticed that Nadech was running a fever. After gently pressing her hands against both sides of his cheeks to make sure, she rolled him over and tried to wake him up.
"Nadech," she gently tapped him. "Nadech, are you alright, my son?"
He mumbled that he was fine and rolled back over to sleep.
"No, you're not," said Mae Jieb.
She got up and went to fetch a deep pan of cold water and a clean facial cloth. After cleaning him up a bit, she let him continue sleeping.
"I'm going to make you some porridge and then you have to take some medicine," she told him.
Nadech slowly nodded once.
It has been a while since Nadech had been sick. Ever since he was a baby, Nadech was always strong and perfectly healthy. Mae Jieb never had a hard time raising him and there wasn't once that he was this sick. Even though fevers are minor, Mae Jieb never remembered seeing her son so weak that he could not get up. Before, even when Nadech had a fever, he would be out and about and doing what he did daily.
"P'Dech! P'Dech!"
Mae Jieb looked out her porch to see Toey waving crazily outside.
"P'Dech!"
"Toey, what is it?" Mae Jieb went out to ask him. "Nadech is still sleeping; he doesn't feel well."
"Oh, really?" asked Toey.
"He wasn't feeling well since yesterday," said Mae Jieb. "And you know that."
"I can explain that to you later," said Toey. "Right now, there is something more serious."
"Arai?" asked Mae Jieb.
"The hi-so guy, Puthanate," Toey began. "He's here again, this time with his son and soon-to-be daughter-in-law!"
"What is he doing here again?" asked Mae Jieb. "I thought all matters were resolved yesterday."
"That is true," Toey replied. "But I don't know what he's doing here again either!"
"Does Por Yai know yet?" asked Mae Jieb.
Toey nodded and replied he had already told Por Yai before coming here.
"Well, then let Por Yai handle them then," said Mae Jieb. "I have to make Nadech some porridge and give him medicine."
"Krub," said Toey. "May I come in to see P'Dech?"
"Of course you can," Mae Jieb replied. "Come in."
Toey rushed into the house and into Nadech's room to see Nadech changing.
"Aow, I thought you were sleeping," said Toey.
"How could I with your loud voice?" Nadech asked him. "I've heard everything; I want to go see."
"Mai dai," said Mae Jieb, walking in. "You're still sick and haven't even had breakfast and medicine yet; I'm not letting you go anywhere."
"Mae, I'm fine," said Nadech. "I'm not a kid anymore."
"Even though you're not a kid anymore but you're my child and I must care for you," said Mae Jieb. "You did what you wanted to do yesterday and came back sick."
"Toh Mae Jieb," said Toey. "That's not P'Dech's fault. It was that hi-so girl!"
"What hi-so girl?" asked Mae Jieb.
"Nevermind him," said Nadech. "It's just a minor incident. Right now, I'm feeling fine. I'll be back in a bit, Mae."
He grabbed Toey's arm and the two rushed out of the house. Mae Jieb shook her head at her son's sudden disobedience, exhaled loudly, and went back inside to continue with her chores.

By the time they got to Por Yai's house, the hi-so people were already there, happily greeted by Por Yai, and surrounded by the villagers. Nadech advised Toey to stay and watch in the crowd first. Despite the incident yesterday, the look on Por Yai's face was welcoming. He spoke to the hi-so people as if they were his long lost friends. Chaiyapol's expression, however, was apparent that he was disgusted and ready to go. Nadech glanced at Urassaya, who was standing next to Chaiyapol.
"Mai roo ja maa tum mai," Toey mumbled. "Look at that guy's face; it clearly shows that he is disgusted with our village and doesn't want to be here."
Nadech was silent.
"And that little bratty girl," Toey added. "Trying to look all innocent. If it weren't for her yesterday, you wouldn't be sick."
"Aow na," said Nadech. "I don't mind it. Just let it be over."
Toey looked around and realized something.
"And where the heck is Lily?" he asked, looking past Por Yai's shoulders as if expecting to see Lily hidden behind her father's back.
"OW!" Toey yelped.
"Lily," Nadech. "Where did you come from all of a sudden?"
"I was looking for you," she replied.
"Is that how you get someone's attention?" Toey asked her, massaging the back of his head.
"Oh, no," Lily replied. "You were blocking my vision so I had to do something to get you out of my way."
Toey made a face at her and turned back around. Suddenly, he came up with an idea.
"Lily," he said. "You see that girl right there?"
Toey pointed at Urassaya and Lily nodded, "Why? What about her?"
"Well, P'Dech gave her a piggy-back ride yesterday," Toey replied, watching Lily's reaction.
Nadech wasn't paying any attention to them. His eyes were fixed on Por Yai and the hi-so guests. Toey nodded and watch Lily turn into the Hulk. She stomped away and Toey snorted at his to-be successful plan. It was all for fun.
Moments later, Por Yai invited the guests into his house. Toey and Nadech watched as Lily went up behind Urassaya and yanked her arm.
"Hey!" Nadech gasped.
The villagers dispersed already so no one noticed what was going on.
"Lily, yood!" Nadech yelled.
It was too late. He and Toey watched Lily slap Urassaya, who then fumed with anger and slapped Lily. Toey clapped his hands and laughed while Nadech tried to break them apart.
"How dare you mess with my Nadech?!" Lily exclaimed at Urassaya.
"Aie Toey, chuay see wa!" Nadech called to Toey.
"Because he wanted to help me!" Urassaya shouted. "I didn't ask him to do anything, I suggested and he agreed!"
"ARGHH!!!"
Nadech held Lily back as she threw punches and kicks at Urassaya.
"P'Dech, let me go!" Lily screamed at him.
Just then, she slipped out of his grip and it happened. It happened so fast that everyone was stunned. Nadech stood there and massaged his bloodied jaw where Urassaya had accidentally slapped him. Toey made a painful expression and looked at Urassaya, who had covered her mouth with her hands as if horrified.
"I'm...sorry," she said to Nadech.
"What's going on?!" a voice roared from the house.
Por Yai, Mom Rachawong Puthanate and his son, Chaiyapol, descended the stairs. Chaiyapol glared at Nadech and seized his fiance, Urassaya, by the arm.
"What happened, Nong Rasa?" he asked her, his eyes still fixed on Nadech.
"It's just an accident," Urassaya replied.
"What accident?!" Lily shouted. "You slapped Nadech so hard! And you slapped me too!"
"Lily," said Por Yai, turning to his daughter. "What happened?"
Lily made a face and ran away, leaving Nadech to reply, "It's like Khun Noo Urassaya said; it's just an accident."
"Chai krub," Toey agreed. "It's just a misunderstanding."
"What misunderstanding?" asked Chaiyapol. "You all clearly teamed up on my fiance!"
"Paw laew, P'Pol," said Urassaya. "If I say it's just a misunderstanding, it's just a misunderstanding."
"Alright, alright," said Por Yai. "Khun Noo krub, let it be that I apologize on the behalf of my daughter and these two young men. Please, Khun Puthanate, let me welcome you to my house again."
He then turned to Nadech and Toey and jerked his head in the direction of Lily.
"Tell her I said if she doesn't know how to respect the guests of our moo barn, I don't need her around," Por Yai added.
He then followed his guests up the stairs into his house once again. Toey turned to Nadech.
"You alright man?" he asked.
Nadech nodded and sighed.
"Sorry," said Toey.
"For what?" asked Nadech. "These two girls are fiercer than anything; I understand it's hard to stop them."
"Mai chai," said Toey. "I'm sorry for instigating."
"Instigating what?" asked Nadech, massaging his jaw. "I don't understand."
"Gaw...chun...I told Lily that you carried Khun Noo arai nan," Toey finally admitted.
"WHAT?!"
Toey smiled shyly and apologized again.
"I just wanted to prank both girls," he added. "I didn't know it would turn out like this."
Nadech sighed, "mai bpen rai. Just let it be over. Let's go find Lily."
Toey nodded and followed Nadech to the waterfall, where used to play when they were younger. They both knew that every time Lily was upset about something, she would go to there to relax and clear her mind.
"Lily!" Nadech called out to her when he spotted her sitting near the riverbank.
"Go away!" she yelled at him.
"Nee, if you're angry at someone, let that be me," said Toey. "Because I was the reason this happened."
"Mai kwarm wah ngai?" Lily asked, standing up.
"Gaw...I wanted to stage a play," said Toey.
Lily wiped her tears and walked up to them.
"So, did you really carry that girl, P'Dech?" she asked Nadech.
Nadech nodded and Lily threw a fit.
"I don't understand why you're so upset by it," said Nadech. "She's a young woman just like you. Let's say that it was you in that situation; I would've done the same for you because it is in a man's nature to take care of women."
"I hope that makes you feel better," said Toey. "We all grew up together so you should know Nadech's nature very well."
"Even if that's the case, you shouldn't have let that girl harass me like that," Lily argued.
"Lily, you were the one that attacked her first," said Nadech.
Lily glared at Toey, who smiled shyly again and backed away a few feet.
"Aow bpen wah, it's my fault," said Toey, not sounding serious and sincere at all.
"Come on, let's just all go home," said Nadech. "I'll walk you home."
"Chun duay," said Toey.
Lily slightly smiled and nodded, "Okay."
Just as they returned to Por Yai's house, the guests were leaving. Seeing that, Nadech and Toey thought it better to leave as well.
"Pee sohng kae nee na," Nadech said to Lily, who nodded and walked towards her home.
When Nadech and Toey were halfway home, they were stopped by the most unexpected of the guests, Urassaya.
"What are you doing?" Nadech asked her.
"Chai, aren't you all leaving?" Toey added.
Urassaya smiled and replied, "Por Yai invited us to have dinner at his house; I excused myself to the restroom."
"Aren't you a little far from the restroom?" asked Toey.
"I just wanted to come apologize to nai," she said to Nadech. "I didn't mean to...
"Don't worry," said Nadech, interrupting her. "It's a minor problem."
"Your...your jaw is swollen and bruised," said Urassaya. "Let me clean it for you."
"Hah?" Toey seemed slightly surprised.
"I feel bad," said Urassaya.
She took a small cloth out of her purse, asked Toey for some water from his canteen, and began to dab onto Nadech's jaw.
"Ow!" Nadech yelped. "Don't worry about it."
"I've got it," said Urassaya. "Just stay still."
Toey eyed them suspiciously and circled the two.
"I suddenly realized I have to go home," he said, leaving before Nadech could say anything.
"Hey!" Nadech called out. "Ow!"
"Stay still," said Urassaya. "I'm sorry again."
"Is that the only word you know how to say?" Nadech asked her.
When she was done, she handed Nadech the cloth.
"What?" asked Nadech.
"It has your blood on it," replied Urassaya. "What am I supposed to do with it? Keep it?"
"I'll take care of it for you," Nadech offered. He stuffed it into his bag and thanked her for cleaning the dried blood from his jaw, if it could be referred to as cleaning.
"I have to go now," she said. "P'Pol must be looking for me."
Nadech nodded and watched her walk away.
"Hey," said Toey, popping out of nowhere.
"Where'd you come from?" Nadech asked him.
"I'm the one that should be questioning you," Toey replied. "Since when did you and that miss poo dee get along so well?"
Nadech shrugged, "she probably feels guilty about what happened."
"Oh, I see," said Toey.
Nadech sighed and started to walk home with Toey at his side. Both were silent all the way home.

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
love nadech and his moms loving and warm relations, so peaceful. playful toey unknowingly caused catfight and poor nadech to receive the unintended slap. urassaya must be feeling so guilty! thank you thatsouthernasianchick for the update

keylargo said:
love nadech and his moms loving and warm relations, so peaceful. playful toey unknowingly caused catfight and poor nadech to receive the unintended slap. urassaya must be feeling so guilty! thank you thatsouthernasianchick for the update
You're welcome!
You might want to pick up where you left off earlier because I came back to finish off the rest of this chapter. I think you may like it. ;)

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
thatsouthernasianchick said:
You're welcome!
You might want to pick up where you left off earlier because I came back to finish off the rest of this chapter. I think you may like it. ;)
thank you thatsouthernasianchick i read the portion you posted later. just by mistake with the slap and feeling real bad urassaya suddenly has a change in manner, she's super sweet with cleaning nadechs wound. i see attraction and her wracking with guilt or she wouldn't have wandered to sort out nadech just to apologise and play nurse, very sweet indeed ! looking forward to read their development, thanks again.

Chapter Six

For the next few days after he returned to the city, Chaiyapol thought of nothing but Barn Nam Tok village. As he paced up and down his office thinking of a plan to seize the land there, he became angrier and angrier. Most of all, he was disappointed with his father. How could
such a powerful, aristocratic figure agree to some villagers? They had all the money; therefore, they could do whatever they wished.
There was a soft knock on his door and Chaiyapol jerked it open to see his mother, Namthip.
"Mae," he said, as if disappointed to see his mother.
"What's wrong with you?" Mom Rachawong Namthip asked her son. "You seem as if someone had pissed you off."
"Who else?" Chaiyapol sat down in his office chair. "I just don't understand Dad. Why does he have to agree to those villagers? It's not like they own that piece of land."
Mom Rachawong Namthip snorted and sat down in the chair across from her son.
"And it doesn't even seem to bother him," she said.
"What do you mean, Mom?" asked Chaiyapol.
"It means that your Dad isn't bothered by it all," his mother replied. "It's as if he went on vacation and came back content."
"Mae, can you talk him into it?" asked Chaiyapol. "Yung ngai, I must get that land."
"You don't have to worry about that." Mom Rachawong Namthip stood up. "You're the Naresuan's sole heir," she said. "Whatever you want, you will get it anyway."
"I already know that," said Chaiyapol. "But...
"But there's more to it," his mother interrupted. "Chai mai? Tell me what's bothering you."
"I hate that Nadech guy," Chaiyapol finally admitted. "He thinks he's the village hero or something, always butting into everything. I just want to kick him out of there."
As the mother-son pair continued with their conversation, Urassaya stood a few inches from the propped office door to listen. She didn't want to eavesdrop but she couldn't help it. She had intended to ask Chaiyapol where he wanted to go for dinner later, but had changed her mind as she didn't have the appetite anymore after overhearing such a conversation. Finally, she slipped away without them noticing and descended the elevators out to her car.

"Bpen arai ah gae?"
Urassaya had no idea how long she had been staring at her food, steak and vegetables. She had ordered her favorite American dish but didn't even touch it yet, whereas her best friend, Sara, was halfway into her plate. Sara had snapped her fingers to get Urassaya's attention, bringing her
back into reality.
"Bpen arai ah?" Sara repeated. "You've been sitting there frozen for a while now. Nee, to be honest with you, ever since you came back from Chiang Mai, you seem different."
"How?" Urassaya asked.
Before Sara could answer, Urassaya's cellphone rang loudly, interrupting their dinner. It was Chaiyapol. Urassaya silenced her phone and stuffed it back into her purse.
"Aow, why didn't you answer it?" asked Sara. "Are you guys fighting?"
Urassaya shook her head, "mai." She took a sip of her halfway melted vanilla milkshake and began to cut up her steak.
"I am your best friend," Sara began. "If I don't know you by now, how could I be labeled as your best friend?"
"I am thinking about continuing my studies," said Urassaya.
"Why?" asked Sara. "You are engaged to Mom Rachawong Chaiyapol Naresuan; you're about to be married to him. Why would you come up with the idea of continuing your studies now?"
"I feel like I should do something with my life and not just let the elders decide for me," Urassaya replied.
"You didn't answer my question," said Sara. "You two have been engaged for a year already."
"If our parents weren't friends, I probably would never agree to it," said Urassaya. "I gave P'Pol a chance; that's true, but I feel like I am not ready to settle down."
"You say this a year into your engagement?" asked Sara. "What happened in Chiang Mai? Something must've happened for you to change your mind."
Urassaya took a deep breath and exhaled.
"Aow bpen wah, I'm just not ready gaw la gun na," she said, as if concluding their conversation.
She knew that Sara knew her better than anyone else and she wasn't going to stop there without fulfilling her curiosities.
"Stop staring at me like that," said Urassaya, leaning back in her chair. "Fine, I want to give P'Pol more time."
"You don't trust him?" asked Sara.
"No, it's not that."
"What is it then?"
"What is this, an interrogation?"
"You still haven't answered my question."
Urassaya exhaled loudly again and finally confessed, "If we talk about status and family background, P'Pol is perfect. But, if we talk about personality, P'Pol isn't my type. Yes, I like him but I don't know if I love him."
"Kae nia na?" asked Sara, slightly surprised that it didn't seem so serious as she had thought. "Well then you don't have to worry because they say opposites attract. You'll probably fall in love with him along the way."
"Do you think so?" asked Urassaya.
"It's possible," Sara replied.
Maybe she was just thinking too much. Usually, she wasn't the type of person that contemplated on things like this; she would never let such things bother her, but maybe Sara was right. Things made a lot more sense now.

"Who said I was giving up?"
Mom Rachawong Puthanate joined his wife on the sofa in the living room and put his right arm around her shoulders. She shrugged as a response to his question.
"Who knows?" she added. "Our son has been pretty upset and disappointed of you."
"Chaiyapol is still young," said Puthanate. "The things that I am doing now are all for him. Even though I may seem calm about this new resort matter, it doesn't mean I'm not going to quit there."
"Well, why did you agree with those villagers to stay out of their home?" asked Namthip.
"When we do business, we must use our brains, not force or power," said Puthanate. "Chaiyapol is too young to understand this point, that's why he is hot-headed and does whatever he wants."
"You should talk to him," Namthip suggested.
"Mai," said Puthanate. "I still want to test him. If he wants to prove himself, he must do it himself, not depend on people for support. Right now, he's depending on me, on us, and we can't just let him have his way forever. I hope you understand."
He got up from the sofa and went up the stairs. It was getting late and Mom Rachawong Namthip was too tired to think of anything at the moment. For the past 18 years, she and her husband lived happily with no conflict or serious matters. She hoped that their lives will continue to be the same, if not, better. It was true that Chaiyapol is still young, but no matter what, he is her son and she will always support him.

Nadech finally finished securing the ties of the last crate of coconuts, which were all ready to be exported to nearby cities. Before he fell asleep earlier, Toey had mentioned exporting the coconuts to Bangkok, where larger fresh markets yielded greater income. Nadech had thought about it all day but he had never been to Bangkok before and he definitely wasn't sure if it was worth the trip considering the capital was about eight or nine hours away. Besides, it would probably be a hassle to travel all the way there with a truckload of fresh coconuts.
"Aie Toey."
Nadech shook his best friend awake.
"It's dark already?" Toey asked squinting a few times before a huge yawn.
He noticed that Nadech had already finished with the boxing and with the most unapologetic tone ever, apologized for falling asleep and not helping.
"Let's go," said Nadech.
The two got into Por Yai's truck and drove to the headman's house to drop off the vehicle and truckload. This was part of their Friday night routine after the end of their work day. Por Yai was not only the headman of the village, he also owns the small coconut land in the forest, where Nadech, Toey, and several other young men of the village works. Every Friday, Nadech and Toey are the only two left responsible for the task of transporting the coconuts to Por Yai's house, and then to sell to nearby cities and towns in the morning. The profit that they made from the coconut export was beneficiary for their village's schoolhouse and basic necessities for the village itself, such as purchasing renewable resources and water.

"We would make a better profit if these fresh coconuts were shipped to sell in Krungthep," Toey said to Por Yai the following morning.
Nadech had almost forgotten about Toey's recent idea.
"Hmm." Por Yai thought for a moment and joked that Toey was getting smarter.
"Toh! Por Yai!" Toey exclaimed. "I am being serious."
"I think that would be a good idea," said Nadech, closing the back of the truck after making sure everything was secured. "Krungthep is far from forests and farms, where most of life's necessities are produced. If we could transport and sell fresh coconuts in Krungthep, we'd sure make a heap in profits, benefiting not only our village but also our country's capital. There are many ways us humans use coconuts. We drink coconut juice from either fresh coconuts, or after it has been canned or bottled. We eat it's flesh. We use it for cooking, desserts, and so much
more. If we use coconut here, imagine the various ways many people use
it in Krungthep."
Por Yai slowly nodded his head and formed a smile.
"When you two come back, we'll talk about this some more," he said.
Nadech and Toey replied with a "krub" and got into the truck.

By the time they returned to the village, it was already dark. When Nadech got home, his mother was still waiting for him to have dinner. She had just cooked Nadech's favorite dishes and prepared them on their tiny bamboo table. Dinner was Nadech's favorite part of the day because that's when he got to spend the most time with his beloved mother. He watched as his mother scooped some rice onto his plate and blurted, "I love you, Mom."
This made Mae Jieb smile. "I love you too, son. Now, eat up."
Nadech smiled too and scooped some food and vegetables onto his mother's plate.
"Mom, are you disappointed that I can't do anything to make our life better?" he asked.
Mae Jieb's smile disappeared. "Why do you ask that all of a sudden?"
"I want your life to be better," Nadech replied.
"Nadech, my son, listen," she began. "As long as we're together, I am happy, so there is no need for my life to get better."
Nadech nearly cried. He put his plate down and scoot closer to hug his Mom. He put his head on her shoulder and whispered, "I love you the most."

When morning came, Nadech had already decided that he would go to Krungthep. He wanted to learn more about the fresh markets there so that he can carefully devise plans to make his village better. Exporting coconuts to Krungthep may be promising but it would require a lot of work and time and if they didn't plan carefully, they can't expect good results. Most of all, Nadech wanted to make his mother's life better.
"Two weeks?" Lily frowned. "Why so long?"
"Because we're going to work, not to sightsee," Toey replied.
"I want to go too," she said.
"Mai dai, Lily," said Por Yai. "You stay here."
"Chai," Nadech added. "I need you to help me take care of my Mom while I'm gone."
Lily gave in and agreed to take care of Mae Jieb. Besides, she was more than glad to do so even if Nadech hadn't asked.
"Dek dee," Toey teased her.
"Alright, off you two go now," said Por Yai. "Chohk dee na."
Nadech and Toey thanked Por Yai and said goodbye to Mae Jieb and the villagers. Finally, he and Toey were on the road to the capital.

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
yeah urassaya vocalised her uncertainty on chaiyapol to her bf. nadech has a chance, not now but definitely later on in the story, looking forward to that part ! i like that you use natural resources, coconut, for trading to improve the village, its cool. nadech is such a filial son. its good toey accompanies him to Krungthep. im looking forward to their adventure. thank you so much thatsouthernasianchick, love this ff alot.

Chapter Seven

There is a saying, "seeing is believing"; it is true. Nadech had never seen such extraordinary people, places, and things. Of course, the beauty of Bangkok could not compare to Barn Nam Tok village, but Nadech could not deny a whole new world also classified as beautiful. The magnificent skyscrapers, twisted highways, and superb shopping complexes with modern architecture were all new to both Nadech and Toey.
"Oho!" Toey gasped many, many times as they wandered the streets of Bangkok.
For a moment, Nadech had almost forgotten that they were on a quest for gasoline. The gas meter had dropped to completely empty without them noticing until they reached the capital, which was due to their lack of attention as they were both awestruck by the liveliness of the city whilst stuck in afternoon traffic.
"No wonder so many people want to live here," said Toey.
They had been walking for approximately ten minutes now, their car parked about twenty minutes away on the side of the road. Nadech looked around and tried to spot a gas station.
"Hey! What're you doing?!" Nadech found himself pointing at a male thief who had just snatched a young woman's purse. He chased after the crook on feet and tackled the suspect to the ground. 
"Hey, you alright?!" Toey panted as he came to a halt next to Nadech.
He kicked the purse-snatcher several times before grabbing the purse from him.
"What the hell are you two doing?!" shrieked a high-pitched voice. 
"Suay," said Toey, breathless when he turned around to see the beautiful woman. "Nee ja, your purse; we got it back for you."
She snatched the purse from him and shook her head.
"You two must be from out of town," she said, surveying them from head to toe.
"Chai ja," Toey replied while Nadech nodded.
A few more guys ran up to them and helped the purse-snatcher up off the ground.
"What the hell do you two think you're doing?!" one of them yelled.
"Chai!" the purse snatcher agreed as he massaged his ribcage where Toey had kicked him several times.
Nadech and Toey were dumbstruck; they could only stare at the woman.
"Now, we have to do another take," said one of the men. He was holding some papers in his right hand.
"Take arai ah?" asked Toey, scratching his head.
"We're filming a lakorn!" the woman exclaimed.
Nadech and Toey smiled shyly and apologized. They were then escorted to the filming crew, who were all situated about a block away.
"What's this?!" A man threw a fit before them but when he laid eyes on Nadech, he was suddenly calm. 
"Krai ah?" he asked the others.
"These two interrupted our filming," replied the young woman, who Nadech and Toey learned was the nang'ek as they were being escorted here.
"Nong Sara, go fix your makeup," the man said in a feminine attitude.
His eyes rolled back onto Nadech as Sara strolled away towards the filming tent, where there were about half a dozen or more people.
"Sara," Toey repeated. His eyes were fixed on her.
"Jae Jaew kha, we'll leave these two to you," said one of the men who ran onto the set after Nadech and Toey caused a havoc. "The rest of us, let's go prepare for another take."
"What's your name?" Jae Jaew asked Nadech.
"My name is Nadech krub," Nadech replied. "My friend and I are very sorry for ruining your filming. We didn't know...
"Mai bpen rai kha," said Jae Jaew, grabbing Nadech's left hand.
Nadech suddenly had the chills and tried to retract his arm.
"Do you, by any chance, want to be a dara?" Jae Jaew asked him.
This seemed to capture Toey's attention. "Arai na?"
"You too," said Jae Jaew, smiling at Toey. "How about you? What's your name?"
"Toey krub," Toey replied with a smile.
"The thing is, I see potential in you two," said Jae Jaew. "You both have the perfect height and build and...
"Sorry krub," said Nadech, interrupting. "We're here for business purposes, not seeking to be a dara."
"Aow," said Toey. "Give us a minute please, Jae."
He politely excused himself from the scene and dragged Nadech to a nearby corner of a building.
"Arai wah," said Nadech.
"This katoey just asked if we want to be a dara," said Toey. "Why'd you say no?"
"Because I don't want to," replied Nadech. "And don't forget what we're here for. We must not let Por Yai and Barn Nam Tok down."
"That's true," said Toey. 
"Barn Nam Tok village is depending on us right now," said Nadech. "Let's not forget what role we are playing in this real world, real situation, not take on a fake role to entertain people."
Toey nodded to show that he understood. Nadech was right. Their lives were already happy and carefree. It always had been.
"So what have decided ja?" asked Jae Jaew, approaching them. "Decided yet?"
"We decided we will decline the offer," replied Toey.
"Sorry na krub," Nadech politely added. "And also, we'd like to apologize again for causing a havoc earlier."
"Sorry na krub," said Toey.
Nadech steered Toey away before he could get a glimpse of Sara again.
"Diew kha!" they heared Jae Jaew call out.

"Hah?!"
Sara could already guess her best friend's reaction after she told her the story of what had happened earlier on the set of filming her lakorn.
"What dummies would disagree to an offer to be a dara?" Urassaya asked.
Sara shrugged and replied, "mai roo na si." She stopped before the latest selection of purse displays and picked up a brown handbag. "I think they're from out of town."
"How do you know that?" asked Urassaya, folding her arms.
"Their clothes and their speech," replied Sara. "They had a little Isaan accent."
"Really?" asked Urassaya.
Sara nodded and looked inside of the handbag. Then, she frowned and put it back on the display board. The two continued down near the cash registers, where a black leather handbag caught Sara's attention. Urassaya had suddenly thought of Barn Nam Tok, where the natives there had an Isaan tongue.
"Rasa!" Sara snapped at her best friend. Urassaya was lost in deep thought.
"Huh," she replied.
Sara put the purse down and stared blankly at her.
"What's wrong with you?" she asked. "Rasa, I know something is wrong with you. I don't think you told me everything last time we had dinner. Or, did you lie to me?"
"Chun bplao," said Urassaya, turning around.
"You're lying," said Sara. "You're not yourself."
"I am really stressed out about P'Pol, okay?" said Urassaya finally. "I didn't lie to you and I told you everything that I felt about him. I don't know how to explain it."
"It seems like you really don't like him," said Sara.
"No, I do like him but I just don't know if I love him," Urassaya clarified.
"Well, that means you don't love him if you say that," said Sara. "I am an actress and I've played these kind of roles before, so I know."
Urassaya sighed.
"Can we stop talking about this?" she asked. "I'm hungry. Let's go eat."
Sara rolled her eyes and followed her friend out of the store. They left the shopping mall and got into the car.
"I'll drive," said Urassaya, grabbing Sara's car keys. "Because if you drive, I'm afraid I'll starve to death before we get to the restaurant."
She got into the car leaving Sara staring suspiciously.
"Is she really hungry or what?"
Beep! Beep! Urassaya honked twice to get Sara's attention, who jumped and blinked wildly before getting into the passenger seat.
"Nee, you'd better drive safely," Sara warned her. "I don't want to die because your hunger!"
Urassaya drove out of the parking garage and came to an intersection, but before they could make their signaled left turn, they found themselves nearly face to face with an oncoming black Toyota Hilux.
"ARRGGHHH!!!"
Both colliding parties screamed at the top of their lungs.
"Yae laew," said Urassaya, looking up from the steering wheel.
Nadech and Toey both got out of the truck and walked towards them.
"Hey, these two!" Sara recognized them at once.
"Get out!" Toey exclaimed, pounding on Sara's window.
She opened the door and hit him on the face, knocking him backwards onto the cemented sidewalk.
"Oy!"
"Hey," Nadech rushed over to the passenger side to help his friend up.
"Nee khun!"
He then looked up and recognized the familiar face, Urassaya.
"Khun," Nadech stood up.
"So it is you," said Urassaya. "If you don't know the way, I suggest you not drive at all. This is Krungthep, not Barn Nam Tok."
"Rasa, you now them?" asked Sara.
"We've met this hi-so brat not too long ago!" Toey exclaimed, getting up on his feet.
"Nee khun, watch your mouth!" Urassaya pointed at Toey.
"Khun, you were the one at fault," said Nadech. "This time, you're totally at fault!"
"I am not!"
"You are!"
"I am not!"
"You are!"
"I am not! Not! Not! Not!"
"Rasa!" Sara had noticed how close Urassaya's face was to Nadech's, and pulled her friend away.
"Hey, P'Dech, you can't lose to this little brat!" Toey exclaimed.
"Enough!" Sara yelled. "Just take it that I apologize on my friend's behalf."
"That's fine," Nadech sighed. "You shouldn't have to do that since you weren't the driver, but since the driver can't be responsible for something minor like this, I have nothing else to say."
"Are you saying that I'm...
"Yae Rasa! Stop it!" Sara said through gritted teeth. "Let's not make this a huge deal so that it affects both of us. You don't want to make front page of the news, do you?"
"So, daras are like this," Toey began. "They don't take responsibility of what they do."
"Who said I'm not taking responsibility?" Sara shot back.
She flashed a few hundred thousand bahts before their eyes.
"Mai tong lauk," said Nadech. "All I want is a sincere apology from the driver."
"Nee khun, isn't that a little too much?" asked Urassaya.
"Oh that's right," said Nadech. "You're a hi-so woman. I forgot that hi-so people can do whatever they want because they have money."
Urassaya was suddenly struck by his strong words. She didn't mean it like that and never meant it to be like this either.
"I'm sorry," she said finally.
Nadech nodded once and thanked her for her sincerity, even though he wasn't sure how sincere she was of her apology.
"Come on, man," Nadech said to his buddy.
They both got back into the truck and drove off, continuing their way to find the temple that Por Yai had spoken of. They were told that once they reached Krungthep, they could find shelter at Wat Phra Kaew, where Por Yai's older brother had went into monkhood. Tired and hungry, Nadech wasn't going to let that hi-so woman ruin his pleasant mood, because nevertheless, he was happy. He was happy to be on a mission to help his village. Even if he was to be drained of all of his energy, Nadech was willing to contribute his all for Barn Nam Tok. He was very much looking forward to Bangkok and the new things in store for him to learn and grasp knowledge of.

keylargo

sarNie Oldmaid
they had opportunity to be famous but declined for love of their village, very noble gents, how focus nadech is. very interesting how they bumped to sara and urassaya. thank you for the update thatsouthernasianchick i look forward to further reads.

Chapter Eight
 ​

"Wah arai na?! Dad went to Barn Nam Tok?!"
Chaiyapol angrily threw a fit and sat down on the sofa. His mother, Namthip, tried to console him by explaining how it is a good thing.
"It's for business," she told him. "You already know what business so I don't have to tell you, but all I'm asking is for you to trust him."
"Trust him?" asked Chaiyapol, his voice slightly raised. "How can I trust him when he left without even telling me? I'm his son!"
"Lhook mae, your father entrusts you with the business here; otherwise, he wouldn't have left without you this time," she explained. "You must show him that your your capabilities and make him proud."
Chaiyapol sighed and got up from the sofa. "I'm tired. I'll go to bed now. I have work tomorrow morning."
He went up the stairs and shut the door behind him with a loud thud. Chaiyapol slumped onto the edge of his bed and threw his jacket aside. Why would his father go to Barn Nam Tok without him, not to mention, without even telling him? Does his father not trust him? He, Chaiyapol, is the sole heir to the family's wealth so there is no reason for his father to not trust him. They have money and if they wanted, they could get that land without any hassle.
"Those villagers," Chaiyapol said through gritted teeth. "It's all because of them!"
He must find a way to get rid of those people.

"Right here, nai."
Puthanate thanked Amorn, his driver, and told the guy to return to Krungthep because he had intended to stay at Barn Nam Tok for a while. At the moment, he wasn't for sure how long so sending Amorn back was reasonable. He told his driver not to worry about him because once business is settled, he will return to Bangkok. Amorn was unsure of whether that was a good idea or not because more than likely, he could easily guess that Chaiyapol would throw a fit at him.
"Go," said Puthanate. "Por Yai will take care of me."
Amorn thought for a moment and nodded. Puthanate watched him leave and then continued into the forest towards Barn Nam Tok village. He began to sweat after about just half an hour into his trip and sighed heavily at the long way ahead of him.
Puthanate stopped for a drink of water an hour later and found himself surrounded by the beauty of nature. He was standing before a breathtaking waterfall, awed by the atmosphere. A splashing sound made him pause and jump behind a bush near him. There was a moving object in the waters and after watching closely, Puthanate quickly turned away at the sight of a woman bathing. His heart pounded and he panted heavily as he tried to keep his eyes off of her. Slowly and quietly, Puthanate crept back. Crack!
"Khrai ah?!" the woman called out.
Puthanate had accidentally stepped on a dead tree branch behind him.
"Khrai?!" the woman called out again.
She was getting closer and closer to him. Puthanate got up slowly and was about to break into a run until he heard her yell, "Yood!"
He stopped and turned around slowly with both hands up, as if he were facing the police.
"Who are you?" the woman asked. "And why are you spying on me bathing?"
Puthanate could sense anger coming from the woman. He tried to find his words.
"Uh...I...uhm...I...
"You look familiar," she said. "Oh, I remember, you're the hi-so guy that wants to destroy our village."
"No, no, you're mistaken," Puthanate said automatically. "I have intentions to destroy your village."
"If not, then why are you here again?" she asked.
She looked around, picked up a large branch off of the ground, and started towards him.
"Tell me, what are you doing here?" she asked. "People who spy on others aren't good people to begin with."
"Mai na," said Puthanate, backing away. "I wasn't spying on you either. I was...on the way to the village but I stopped for a drink and rest but...
"You're a good storyteller," she interrupted.
"Please, listen to me," said Puthanate. "Put that branch down. I won't harm you."
"I don't believe you," she said, her voice slightly raised. "My son wasted a significant amount of time with you. In the end, you're still here trying to destroy our home."
"Your son," said Puthanate. "Who is your son?"
"Nadech," the woman replied.
"I understand," said Puthanate. "But, you're mistaken ma'am. I honestly have no intentions of destroying your home. What do you want me to do for you to believe me?"
"Get out of here," said Mae Jieb. "Get out of our village and stay away!"
"I'm afraid I can't do that," said Puthanate, walking towards her slowly. "Please, I need to speak to Por Yai. If I don't get to speak to Por Yai, then I'm not going anywhere."
"Then I don't believe that you have good intentions," said Mae Jieb, swinging the branch at him.
She tripped and fell into his arms, causing him to fall backwards. Their eyes met and it was at that moment that Puthanate realized how beautiful she was.
"I promise you that I am not here to destroy anything," he muttered to her.
She suddenly got up and straightened her posture. He got to his feet too and apologized.
"Please," he said. "I just want you to believe me."

Toey stretched his arms and smiled, admiring the brilliance of the afternoon sun. It was at this time of the day that the temple was most beautiful, the time when the sun's rays hit the golden rooftops of the monastery, displaying a blinding sight of radiant gold.
"If we are successful in renovating our village, we must also build a temple like this so our villagers can wai phra and meditate," said Toey.
Nadech smiled and agreed. He likes the idea.
"Let's go," he said. "There are a lot of places we have to go to today."
"Bpai," said Toey.
The two left the temple and walked down the street to the nearest market. First, they wanted to examine the way business was works in the city. If they were to improve their village, they must focus on food and trade as a top priority. Without it, they will not be able to live.
Nadech was brought up the most natural way and everything that he had experienced in life depended heavily on nature and outdoors. He wanted to combine his experiences with his knowledge to contribute to positive changes for their village.
"Oho," said Toey, when they arrived at the village. "There's so many people, so many vendors, and so many food items. Ja wai ler, P'Dech?"
"We just got here, let's not make any assumptions yet," Nadech replied. "Come on."
They continued down the open market and looked at the many various items for sale. Not only there was food, but there were also clothing vendors. Then, there was jewelry, and even flowers!
Finally, after a long day of walking, Toey dragged Nadech into an indoor, air-conditioned shopping mall. They were both sweaty and hot, but most of all, thirsty.
"Let's find something to drink," said Toey.
"Drinks in here must be very expensive," Nadech guessed.
"Toh, P'Dech, what do you expect?" asked Toey. "This is an indoors shopping mall; of course, everything is more expensive than outside. But right now, we shouldn't worry about that. We should just satisfy our thirst first."
Nadech nodded and pointed at a coffee kiosk. "There."
Toey followed him and the two then ordered two large iced coffees. Nadech hesitated on the price for a split second but paid the 195 baht for their drinks.
"I never knew you had so much money," said Toey, taking the drink from Nadech.
"I saved every satang and baht I made," said Nadech. "I gave it to my Mom but she didn't want it. She told me that I should save up for school in case I ever wanted to attend a university."
"Mae Jieb is a such a great thinker," said Toey. "You are very lucky to have a mother like her."
Nadech smiled, "She's your mother too and you're like my younger brother."
"Khob jai na phee."
The mall was a great place for shopping and hanging out; it was considered a city lifestyle. However, Nadech preferred his village over everything. He likes the peace and quiet of his home, where he can admire nature and the outdoors. The city is great but it is definitely not the place for him. Home is where his heart and soul is.
As they walked out of the mall, into the parking lot, Nadech suddenly caught a glimpse of Chaiyapol.
"Hey!" Toey gasped. He had noticed it too. "That's that Chaiyapol guy! But that's not that hi-so Urassaya girl! Who is that? Seems like they're lovers for sure!"
Nadech jerked Toey's arm and dragged him to keep walking.
"It's none of our business," he said to Toey.
"But he's cheating on her," Toey argued. 
"Look," said Nadech, turning to Toey. "You must promise not to mention any of this to Khun Noo Urassaya if we ever see her again, understood?"
Toey nodded.
"We don't know for sure how long we'll be here and we never know if will run into her again," Nadech began. "If we do, we must take precautions and not cause any trouble for anyone or ourselves."
"Krub, P'Dech," said Toey.
He promised to keep it a secret. At the same time, Nadech suddenly pitied Urassaya; however, there was nothing he could do and he didn't plan to instigate anything between the couple either. It wasn't even his business in the first place.

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
I like Yadech so I checked out your FF, and I'm glad I did!    I really like your story, writing style, character development, and the pace of the story.   Can't wait to read more.

Thank you so very much for sharing your time and efforts...really appreciate it!