Quotes and Poems

tang071

sarNie Elites
share some of your favorite quotes and poems. what are your favorites quotes and why? they can be a favorite saying, from a song, the bible, book, prayer or even a poem. is it funny, meaningful, comforting, or sad?

mizterkevin

sarNie Juvenile
“We work in the dark, We do what we can, We give what we have, Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task, The rest is the madness of art.”
-Henry James

Reagan

sarNie Adult
"I've been thru enough to know better than to believe in the goodness of life do yourself a favour forget all possibilities of hope"

nah joking...

Saifah

bite me x___
My favorite qoute is:
"if your heart is the strongest muscle, why does it break so easily."

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member

"You Break You Buy, but to bad you can't buy my heart back for me............."

Secrets

sarNie Hatchling
My favorite:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that's why we call it the PRESENT."

Another one I like:

Justice - When you get what you deserve.

Mercy - When you don't get what you deserve.

Grace - When you get what you don't deserve.

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
"So long as we cling to things, we have to bleed for them. When we let them go, we will be left in peace." ~ a quote i got from Living Religions: Eastern Traditions by Mary Pat Fisher on Jainism...

another one...

"Everything that happens to you, you either need or deserve." ~ a hindu buddhist

pink mafia

sarNie Juvenile
these are 2 of my favorite poems...the first is a metaphysical poem by john donne called "a valedition forbidding mourning"...john donne describes what true love is...just read it...it's just so good...the second one is "if you were coming in the fall" by emily dickinson. It's about love, time, and separation.

"A Valediction Forbidding Mourning"

AS virtuous men pass mildly away,
And whisper to their souls to go,
Whilst some of their sad friends do say,
"Now his breath goes," and some say, "No."

So let us melt, and make no noise,
No tear-floods, nor sigh-tempests move ;
'Twere profanation of our joys
To tell the laity our love.

Moving of th' earth brings harms and fears ;
Men reckon what it did, and meant ;
But trepidation of the spheres,
Though greater far, is innocent.

Dull sublunary lovers' love
—Whose soul is sense—cannot admit
Of absence, 'cause it doth remove
The thing which elemented it.

But we by a love so much refined,
That ourselves know not what it is,
Inter-assurèd of the mind,
Care less, eyes, lips and hands to miss.

Our two souls therefore, which are one,
Though I must go, endure not yet
A breach, but an expansion,
Like gold to aery thinness beat.

If they be two, they are two so
As stiff twin compasses are two ;
Thy soul, the fix'd foot, makes no show
To move, but doth, if th' other do.

And though it in the centre sit,
Yet, when the other far doth roam,
It leans, and hearkens after it,
And grows erect, as that comes home.

Such wilt thou be to me, who must,
Like th' other foot, obliquely run ;
Thy firmness makes my circle just,
And makes me end where I begun

"If You Were Coming in the Fall"

If you were coming in the fall,
I'd brush the summer by
With half a smile and half a spurn,
As housewives do a fly.
If I could see you in a year,
I'd wind the months in balls,
And put them each in separate drawers,
Until their time befalls.

If only centuries delayed,
I'd count them on my hand,
Subtracting till my fingers dropped
Into Van Diemens land.

If certain, when this life was out,
That yours and mine should be,
I'd toss it yonder like a rind,
And taste eternity.

But now, all ignorant of the length
Of time's uncertain wing,
It goads me, like the goblin bee,
That will not state its sting

_sai

sarNie Juvenile
my fav quote atm:

"The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter" by anonymous

which reflects whats going on atm. i gotta do this 3500 research proposal.. which is very tedious and doesnt relate to my course! BUT it will not be bitter.. but BETTER! LOLZ!

ChenrukNote

Goddess
My favorite quotes are

"love is the closest thing we have to magic" and "love is like the wind, you can't see it, but you can feel it."
and I also like "if it doesn't kill you, it only makes you stronger"

menia

here are some of mine:

" True love does not come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." (Jason Jordan)

"The dream was always running ahead of me. To catch up, to live for a moment in unison with it, that was the miracel."(Anais Nin)

"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."( Albert Einstein)

"Marriage means leaving behind one's parents and becoming one with one's spouse. Two person leaving behind the past, and working together to carve out a new future." (korea drama "wedding")

"I know it's a cornball thing, but love is passion, obession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? I say fall head over heels. Find someone you love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back. Because the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey, and not fall deeply in love.., well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived...stay open. Who knows? Ligthing could strike.."(in the movie Meet Joe Black)

"Ten things to throw away when Break up"
1. Memory of Love
2. Expectation of getting back together
3. Conciet that you are the only one
4. Greed to stay friends.
5. Selfishness of being remembered
6. Hope of not meeting someone.
7. Obsessing for second chance
8. Regret of things you didn't do
9. Fate of loving
10. YOur heart

hansonie

sarNie Egg
"I know it's a cornball thing, but love is passion, obession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? I say fall head over heels. Find someone you love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back. Because the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey, and not fall deeply in love.., well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived...stay open. Who knows? Ligthing could strike.."(in the movie Meet Joe Black)
This is a favourite of mine and Meet Joe Black is one of my fave movies. :D