Quick question

Liberty

sarNie Adult
This has been driving me nuts for years. I've gone by my middle name since I was born but when people find out what my first name is they ask me what it means. I don't know what to tell them except that it has to do with the moon.

My brother's first name means moon light, he gets the easy one.

Does anyone know what Chantara means?
Pronunciation (the best way I can break it down): Jun (the word for moon, I already know that) - tah-rah

Big thanks to everyone/anyone that answers. :)

Funniest thing, I met a black girl that had a name very similar to mine. Her's is spelled a little different but it sounds very similar.

anan

sarNie Adult
This has been driving me nuts for years. I've gone by my middle name since I was born but when people find out what my first name is they ask me what it means. I don't know what to tell them except that it has to do with the moon.

My brother's first name means moon light, he gets the easy one.

Does anyone know what Chantara means?
Pronunciation (the best way I can break it down): Jun (the word for moon, I already know that) - tah-rah

Big thanks to everyone/anyone that answers. :)

Funniest thing, I met a black girl that had a name very similar to mine. Her's is spelled a little different but it sounds very similar.
Chandra (or whatever you write it) is the opposite name of "Surya"(which in Sanskrit means "The God of Sun"),
it means the Moon shines for girlz name ;)

Liberty

sarNie Adult
hm..cool.

Any other takers?

Chandra isn't quite the same pronunciation but I guess the language differences could be the reason.

But yeah, any Thais or Laotians who have other ideas?

ETA: Oooh I think I found it.
I just googled the name and it came up as a Thai restaurant name in Thailand. haha
Some where in the bio section they translated the name Chan "moon" and Tara "water". I didn't think there was another word for water in Thai.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
i think anan is on the right track with moon shine. if i had to translate, it would mean reflections of the moonlight (similar to moon shine) but with more meaning beyond the physical shine.

my middle name is soorinya...if anan is correct with the translation of surya...i'm "opposite" of u. lol

buklaoboi360

sarNie Adult
my full name is souriya just like the guy in kor kaya sith and gro pid 7 see :)