Question about Khmer visa

jennisa

sarNie Hatchling
Hi, guys

My family plan to travel to Cambodia next year. But my mom only has green card. Right now she apply for re-permit entry but it may take a while. Let say, if she just want to travel with only green card and get a khmer visa when she get to Cambodia. Will this be possible? Will she able to come back to U.S with just green card and khmer visa?

If anyone know the answer please help out, thanks.

lilo

sarNie Juvenile
hmm...what is a khmer visa? well the last time my parent went to cambodia they just made a passport and that allow them to go and come back.

If your mum have the green card then there is no problem for her to come back in united state .... and about the khmer visa , i can say that this is not necessary because the only thing that you need to entry in cambodia is money..like i know there are a lot of people who travel in asia like vietnam and Cambodia , only with their driver license....

jennisa

sarNie Hatchling
I heard it somewhere, that if you don't have re-entry permit you can use khmer passport along with your green card to travel back to U.S. But I wasn't sure. I just wondering if anyone have experince or no anybody that can do that. What I know was that re-entry permit is use only if you stay outside u.s for more than 6 month or 1 year. But if you visit cambodia for 2-3 weeks, you may not need re-entry permit but khmer passport may be work out. But this information is not accurate that why I wonder if anybody have ever experience or know anybody with this situation.

_Pleasure

sarNie Egg
well me and my mom are gonna be going to cambodia also next year and she has the same problem..but instead of using just the green card to go there she's gonna need the khmer visa also i believe to come back or was it vise versa.. and yes jenn u only need re-entry if u stay outside over 6month - 1 year and if its only 2-3 weeks she only need just her visa/greencard...i hope im remember things correctly..this wastold to my by the guys thats the post office when i went to go make my passport... hope it helped out a lil..but if u find out some more info please let me know ^^

none3

sarNie Hatchling
Jenni, to be on the safe side, I'd have the re-entry permit along with the khmer visa which you can get in Cambodia when your mom leaves to Cambodia. Since post 9/11, the department of Homeland Security has been very tough on people who are no "American citizens." If your momma has submitted her paper work for the re-entry permit, did it should come in about 4-6 months--I'd say plan your trip after the summer of 08'. good luck!!! :p

jennisa

sarNie Hatchling
well me and my mom are gonna be going to cambodia also next year and she has the same problem..but instead of using just the green card to go there she's gonna need the khmer visa also i believe to come back or was it vise versa.. and yes jenn u only need re-entry if u stay outside over 6month - 1 year and if its only 2-3 weeks she only need just her visa/greencard...i hope im remember things correctly..this wastold to my by the guys thats the post office when i went to go make my passport... hope it helped out a lil..but if u find out some more info please let me know ^^
Same thing here, if you know more info let me know. This is will be my first time going to Cambodia since I been to state. I already have my passport except my mom.

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
to be safe you need a re-entry permit since you are a residence of the us ...but you can leave the the u.s without one but getting back in you will have an issue, as long as your parents are still citizens of cambodia you can obtain a cambodian visa which takes about 2 weeks to get when you apply for one in cambodia and the cost is about $200.00 for 2 weeks rush. So to answer your question yes you can

jennisa

sarNie Hatchling
Yeah, recently I did do lots of research about it. It states that you can travel outside of U.S as long as you have green card along with passport of your country citizenship. The problem is I wasn't sure if my mom will able to obtain a khmer passport when she get to Cambodia. WE never been to Cambodia since we came to U.S from Refugee camp in Thailand. Re-entry permit will require for people who does not have a passport from their country. Re-entry permit is require if you stay outside of U.S for more than 6 months. Also I heard that if you don't have a re-permit entry, you can get some kind of document at the U.S embassy. But I wasn't sure if this will work out. WE may have to wait for a fews months if it still not come, we may have to find some way. thanks guys