QUESTION about hair

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Mine costed meeh 40 i believe...I bought it at Sally's Beauty Salon a good few years ago...Jibere or however you spell it...it works really good...so when mah friend bought her 100 dollar something striaghtner at the mall I passed. I would like one...but mine works fine.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lol Rawr; mines is wayyyyyy in curlyness and frizziness

Before (Had a full Horrible View But Accidentaly Delete It!

After ^__^ With my 30 dollar straightener and some biosilk ^_^ LOL Yes I know I have white hair;

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Oh tina... your hair's not that bad! I envy those who have curly/wavy hair! My hair is naturally straight so whenever i do my hair, curling it & stuff, it takes me forever! & my curls don't even stay in tact! <_<

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
Mine costed meeh 40 i believe...I bought it at Sally's Beauty Salon a good few years ago...Jibere or however you spell it...it works really good...so when mah friend bought her 100 dollar something striaghtner at the mall I passed. I would like one...but mine works fine.

lol babeelailai i was a sucker for these type of stuff...i walked by that straightener stall and this girl ask me if i wanna curl my hair..i was doing my last min christmas shopping..lol

so im like wth...so i gave her my 15 mins or less..the girl curled my hair pretty fast with that lil straightener..i was impress...and i bought one..$108 plus tax i think!..

i still have it til now...i think its been 2 yrs since.. :)

ps that straightener at sharper image ..that cost bout $50 and you can exchange it when you buy the warranty for it..last not even half the time this lil ceramic did... just an fyi..and it get used everyday...if i dont use it my sister does. somehow it became hers??? ...lol im not greedy for sharing stuff like this though..

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Hey Hey Hey i passed...don't try to sucker meeh in now...lolz...hearing you tell your story makes meeh want one now...lolz...I just love how you can curl your hair with the straightener. It comes out really nice too...!

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
Hey Hey Hey i passed...don't try to sucker meeh in now...lolz...hearing you tell your story makes meeh want one now...lolz...I just love how you can curl your hair with the straightener. It comes out really nice too...!

you dont have to feel obligated to get one..just go and check it for yourself...ask questions & watch how she does your hair..and stuff..and see if you really like it!..

i forgot the name of that straightener..but mine says..my styler on it..lol whatever the actual name brand is...

noungning

Heartless
hey my 2 pennies... about straighteners too

i was a nut, i bought many curling irons in the past. i had all sizes, i had the regular type where u can plug into the wall ... had about 10 different types (all went into the gar-barge when we moved). and i also had the kind where they're rollers heated up and put on your head for some time and then u remove em... because like some, i have straight straight fine hair. i try to find the perfect curling iron, but yeah, there are some goods, some bads, and a lot of money spent hahah.

when i hold my hair a certain way it will create bums and loops if i leave it in one form for a while. so when i'd go out, i tend to straighten my straight hair lol... so i do have a flat iron.

i've tried a couple, and trust me, i'm too cheap to buy anything more than $40 for hair so i try to shop around. the first one sucked, conair hahaha... sheesh it just looked nice... but it wasn't hot enough, so it didn't really do its job.

then i tried the revlon. i bought it as a gift actually for my sister, so 2 in 1, it's a gift for her but i get to use it too :p the revlon has 25 settings for temp. and it has a heat turbo thing to heat it up in like less than a min. and i'm impatient so this was the bang for the buck hahaha. it is black with gold plates, i think it's ceramic... not 100% sure.

the heat settings rock because it gets HOT and fast, so i just turn it on and boom, ready to straighten it. and it comes out nice everytime. my sister's hair is wavy and thick... and she used it every single day to straighten it. no one can tell her hair is ever wavy. but we both take a long time because we both have massive amount of hair.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
hey my 2 pennies... about straighteners too

i was a nut, i bought many curling irons in the past. i had all sizes, i had the regular type where u can plug into the wall ... had about 10 different types (all went into the gar-barge when we moved). and i also had the kind where they're rollers heated up and put on your head for some time and then u remove em... because like some, i have straight straight fine hair. i try to find the perfect curling iron, but yeah, there are some goods, some bads, and a lot of money spent hahah.

when i hold my hair a certain way it will create bums and loops if i leave it in one form for a while. so when i'd go out, i tend to straighten my straight hair lol... so i do have a flat iron.

i've tried a couple, and trust me, i'm too cheap to buy anything more than $40 for hair so i try to shop around. the first one sucked, conair hahaha... sheesh it just looked nice... but it wasn't hot enough, so it didn't really do its job.

then i tried the revlon. i bought it as a gift actually for my sister, so 2 in 1, it's a gift for her but i get to use it too :p the revlon has 25 settings for temp. and it has a heat turbo thing to heat it up in like less than a min. and i'm impatient so this was the bang for the buck hahaha. it is black with gold plates, i think it's ceramic... not 100% sure.

the heat settings rock because it gets HOT and fast, so i just turn it on and boom, ready to straighten it. and it comes out nice everytime. my sister's hair is wavy and thick... and she used it every single day to straighten it. no one can tell her hair is ever wavy. but we both take a long time because we both have massive amount of hair.
LMAO ...omg ning..conair does sucks..speaking of tossing out old products..i just toss the old vidal sassoon..i think this was made in the late 1980?? hair dryer was so old skool ...it was quite funky looking too....yep im a sucker too..for buying the cheap kinds..that doesnt even heat up good ..even turned to the max..20-25 whatever the number may be wth..

i have them revlons' brand too..that doesnt work for my thick hair neither.. oh wait i lied..i think i just curled my hair with a revlon curler last night lmao... its the grey in color...or something i gotta see the brand on it again to make sure... :p

well anyhow..some work and most doesnt..*esp those $7.99 kind at target lol ...thats all i wanted to say..

noungning

Heartless
haha well the revlon i bought was $30 at walmart lmfao!! it was the last one and on sale hahaha. um yeah that's the one that worked for us. but the rest sucked. curling irons yeah that's like another story lol

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
you dont have to feel obligated to get one..just go and check it for yourself...ask questions & watch how she does your hair..and stuff..and see if you really like it!..

i forgot the name of that straightener..but mine says..my styler on it..lol whatever the actual name brand is...
No girly...i know what straightner your talking about...i've seen it for myself on my hair...it's great i know...i want one...but oh well...it's too expensive for my pocket. Im jealous you got one. Why don't you send it over and we'll share! hahaha jk

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
haha well the revlon i bought was $30 at walmart lmfao!! it was the last one and on sale hahaha. um yeah that's the one that worked for us. but the rest sucked. curling irons yeah that's like another story lol
Are these things your buying ceremic? if not then heck yeah it will burn your hair...i have never bought a curling iron or straightner from anywhere other then sally's beauty salon..i dn't trust the ones at the regular stores...hehehe

Quarter

Tell me about it.
lolz....yeah the 100 hair straightners at the mall do work really well...it will maybe cut you half the time in straightning your hair.

Yeah seriously...take a picture of your hair...i want to see!
two sarnies want to see your crappy hair. SHOW IT NOW! haha kidding

My hair straightener only costed me 30 bucks and it works just like the one I bought for 180 bucks... >.< don't get rip off "oh it's expensive it must work well." there are some cheap ones that are made from the same products >.< arg reminds me of my stupid friend who spent over 200 on a straightner I was like dude .. is that even possible?! and yes.. it was .. unfortunately for her it lasted her for 5 months lol
i bought mine at walmart for 50 bucks <_< .and it's only OK.

Lol Rawr; mines is wayyyyyy in curlyness and frizziness

Before (Had a full Horrible View But Accidentaly Delete It!

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn93/thaiallstars/Hair/Ew.png

[size=3][b]After ^__^ With my 30 dollar straightener and some biosilk ^_^ LOL Yes I know I have white hair;[/b][/size]

[img]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn93/thaiallstars/Hair/Straight1.png
[img]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn93/thaiallstars/Hair/Straight2.png[/quote]

your after look :wub: i'm jello!

[quote="amikrazie, post: 483815"]lol babeelailai i was a sucker for these type of stuff...i walked by that straightener stall and this girl ask me if i wanna curl my hair..i was doing my last min christmas shopping..lol

so im like wth...so i gave her my 15 mins or less..the girl curled my hair pretty fast with that lil straightener..i was impress...and i bought one..$108 plus tax i think!..

i still have it til now...i think its been 2 yrs since.. :)

ps that straightener at sharper image ..that cost bout $50 and you can exchange it when you buy the warranty for it..last not even half the time this lil ceramic did... just an fyi..and it get used everyday...if i dont use it my sister does. somehow it became hers??? ...lol im not greedy for sharing stuff like this though..[/quote]

omg i should have bought one when that girl tried it on me years ago! i was such a in a hurry so i passed. now i can't find that stall =[ . the only thing i see is lotions! I DONT FREAKING NEED LOTION! STOP IT!

[quote="noungning, post: 483866"]hey my 2 pennies... about straighteners too

then i tried the revlon. i bought it as a gift actually for my sister, so 2 in 1, it's a gift for her but i get to use it too :P the revlon has 25 settings for temp. and it has a heat turbo thing to heat it up in like less than a min. and i'm impatient so this was the bang for the buck hahaha. it is black with gold plates, i think it's ceramic... not 100% sure.

the heat settings rock because it gets HOT and fast, so i just turn it on and boom, ready to straighten it. and it comes out nice everytime. my sister's hair is wavy and thick... and she used it every single day to straighten it. no one can tell her hair is ever wavy. but we both take a long time because we both have massive amount of hair.[/quote]

crazy ass. in my whole life i only had TWO hair straightener! my first one was 10 bucks now i have that crappy 50 dollar one. ARG! so hard to find a good hair straightener!

--

anyway, showing my hair. (i refused to show my face, just because =])

the normal ugly look :(
[img]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/632/p9040047lo8.jpg

the after. i like it much better, but it's not enough for me to love! takes forever just to make my hair look like THAT. ARG

Thanks natty! =] haha saved me some research!
hmm take a picture of your crappy hair. I dont believe till i see =p
I was thinking about a sedu hair straightener?! I heard it's "da bomb".
well, my opinion is that when it comes to something as important as haircare and your appearance, NEVER SKIMP ON IT! lol...i've tried a range of blow dryers, products, and flat irons, from the $30 flat irons to the $290 flat irons...the only thing i have to say is: the expensive ones are priced the way they are because they work (for me anyways and i'm not about to change it! lol)...i love the T3 one i have ($180-$230 depending on the one you prefer) and it lasts long too...

so the flat iron brands i recommend:

- T3 (tourmaline)
- ghs ($200 +)

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
My hair is super poofy and curly!!!!!

But I use a straightener.

Like my hair is so straight but when I go outside it turns ugly :(
So I bring my straightener to school and straighten it in the bathroom in the morning haha :lol:

I would share pictures but my hair is hidious!! IT LIKE AFRO!! NO LIE HAHA. haha. I have a few cause my friends wanted to see but I covered up my face haha.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lol Penny I love your before hair?! Whats wrong with it?! omg; LOL you loser.. it looks awesome that way o_O LOL kayla you should use some anti-frizz serum's they make it so your hair could stand wind and rain lmao I know it works for me lol.. and penny it depends on which kind you buy! Ceramic one with adjustable heat!

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
nice hair guys..

As for me, I usually sport the bed head. I just wake up and don't brush my hair. I like it that way. :D

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
Lol Penny I love your before hair?! Whats wrong with it?! omg; LOL you loser.. it looks awesome that way o_O LOL kayla you should use some anti-frizz serum's they make it so your hair could stand wind and rain lmao I know it works for me lol.. and penny it depends on which kind you buy! Ceramic one with adjustable heat!
I actually do. I use conditioner and some frizz creme but my hair still gets messed up!!

Cee

sarNie Hatchling
my hair is getting on my nerves because after a shower it gets really puffy and i have to spend 30-1hour with the straightener plus adding all these expensive products (that i can't afford anymore).

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO i'm thinking about getting an anti-curl (?). It's around $200 +. You guys think it's worth it? you think the chemical is toooooo dangerous? i know it's going to damage my hair for sure, but i don't care anymore.

i just want to wake up everyday to straight hair.

some of my buddies said go for it, but some said i'm stupid to even think about it :(
have you tried the steam straightner? its should work much faster than spending
30 to an hour working..theres one by Maxiglides which used the steam tech cost about like $80 bucks online...or if you want some shampooing and condition product then there something called Wen. looks pretty decent. it doesnt dry out your hair when after using shamp+cond. i havent try it but maybe when i get some money haha thought i give yea some info though

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
LMFAO...bed head eh lome...shoot if im in a hurry....shower..tied it to a bun and out the door i go..but if i have some time..i will straighten it..i dont have anyone to impress anyways..and lazyness plays a huge role too!!! :lol: