POJ RUAM a MOUA LEE film

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
I don't like the title. I find it offended, maybe, because I'm a woman. I know it's not pointing to any woman specifically, but still...
I have to skip this one again.

neena

sarNie Adult
wait...what's so strange about the title...i feel so stupid...i'm hmong and i dunno!!! but i like hmong movies...more then my mom! ahahah

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
Well, as a woman, being referred to as poj nrauj, poj ntsuam, poj nruam, maum aub, maum dev, etc... i find offended and not good names referring women as. If you are a woman, do you like someone calling you poj nruam? A lof of people look down on these kinds of women in real life. That's why I found the title offended. I just think all women should be respected. If the title is called something like "Tus Poj Niam Muaj Peev Xwm," I will watch. It's how I feel-- not my kind of movies.

I guess i just got tired of watching movies that make women look bad, stupid, and embarrassing to think that i'm a woman too.

pathfinder

sarNie Egg
I don't like the title. I find it offended, maybe, because I'm a woman. I know it's not pointing to any woman specifically, but still...
I have to skip this one again.

Well, as a woman, being referred to as poj nrauj, poj ntsuam, poj nruam, maum aub, maum dev, etc... i find offended and not good names referring women as. If you are a woman, do you like someone calling you poj nruam? A lof of people look down on these kinds of women in real life. That's why I found the title offended. I just think all women should be respected. If the title is called something like "Tus Poj Niam Muaj Peev Xwm," I will watch. It's how I feel-- not my kind of movies.

I guess i just got tired of watching movies that make women look bad, stupid, and embarrassing to think that i'm a woman too.

mmm0403, I'm surprised you let the title offended you already when you have not seen the movie or at least ask what the movie is about first. I'm sure I can't convince you to change your mind but I hope you keep an open mind first because once you've seen the movie, you might just understand why it's called, "POJ RUAM".

Trust me, this movie has nothing to do with making women look bad, stupid, or embarrassing.

ZAJ MOVIE NO TSIS YOG UA SAIB TSIS TAUS COV RUAM LOSSIS, "POJ RUAM" TIAMSIS UA TAWM KOM NEEG SAIB TAG LAWV SAIB TAUS COV RUAM.

I won't give away the meaning, moral, ending, etc. of the story. So, I hope all of you are mature enough not to let a movie title get you offended or upset. You got to watch it first.

Moua

azn_media

sarNie Egg
i read the synopsis on the website and i think that the title is great...if you know what the story is going to be about, you'd understand that it represents cov poj ruam.....i think it'd be great..i'm looking forward to it...

danger

sarNie Hatchling
I personally do not see the movie title any offensive at all. It could be, if you want it to be. I actually thought it was a great title because it's short and catchy, and that's a good thing. Like Moua Lee said, you got to be more open-minded to understand something. There's many Hmong movies out there with titles that can be referred to as being offensive, but it's you that determines if it is or not. So just be more open-minded and maybe we'll understand. Other then that, I can't wait to get me a copy of the movie.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
People...it's a FREAKING movie title! Get over it...never judge a book by it's cover, right???

Muas...I've admired all your previous work and I'm looking forward to this one too. Best of luck to you!

nothinghill

sarNie Egg
Hey everybody,

Check out an exclusive clip of my new movie "POJ RUAM". Click on the link below.

http://hmongfilms.com/content/view/41/37/

I welcome your comments. Thanks in advance for watching.
Moua Lee

Hi Moua,

It was great seeing you at University of Madison, Wisconsin during the showing of your movie "Kuv Leej Niam" for the movie night. Will you be showing anymore movie next summer at UWM?

Great work...keep it up...

pathfinder

sarNie Egg
Hi Moua,

It was great seeing you at University of Madison, Wisconsin during the showing of your movie "Kuv Leej Niam" for the movie night. Will you be showing anymore movie next summer at UWM?

Great work...keep it up...

Hey THANKS nothinghill, I had a good time at the U of Madison. It's good to have lots of positive feed back and questions from you guys. Well if Sinae and them contact me again I may show Poj Ruam next summer. If things work out and the UWM like my movie, I'll arrange for them to have it projected in HD and it will be almost like sitting in a regular theater complex. Anyways, I hope you tell your friends to come out whether I show "POJ RUAM" at the UWM or a local theater somewhere in MN and WI. THanks.

MOUA

MoonChild

sarNie Hatchling
I for one, really like the title. For once, it's different. I find it funny
how some people actually get offened by it without seeing the whole
movie first.

As for the clip, I'll reserve my judgment and wait for more first.

Mysty

sarNie Hatchling
First off, the bad points. That clip/trailer thing doesn't explain what the movie's going to be about.

Buttttt... hey, I need to give props to u on the whole high quality thing. It's the best quality I've ever seen so far EVER in a Hmong movie. And though the clip was short and gives off a 'What the heck just happened?' feeling, it does leave the viewer thinking 'Why did they shoot him?' & 'Why did they kidnap his wife?' ...

But it looks interesting.

pathfinder

sarNie Egg
First off, the bad points. That clip/trailer thing doesn't explain what the movie's going to be about.

the clip was short and gives off a 'What the heck just happened?' feeling, it does leave the viewer thinking 'Why did they shoot him?' & 'Why did they kidnap his wife?' ...

EXACTLY. The OBJECTIVE is to build up curiosity. Be patient, more clips and the trailer is coming.

lala209

sarNie Hatchling
that was short tease but it seem so interesting already... i can't wait for this one to come out. moua, please keep us updated ok. your work is great and keep it coiming. good luck!

bugsy

sarNie Adult
OKay so we didnt see any scary parts yet but DUDE, right after I finished the clip, the wind outside my window blew soo crazily and it made such scary noises. Gave me the creeps. lol. But yea, I love the cinematography ... did i spell that right? Hope to see more soon. :D Your work is getting better and better...not that we dont already love it. :)

*edit* Do you visit Universities on request or were you just at UW-Madison cause you wanted to show it there? That's so cool though. Great way of showing your films to the younger gens who may not watch Hmong movies or have stereotypes about them.

pathfinder

sarNie Egg
OKay so we didnt see any scary parts yet but DUDE, right after I finished the clip, the wind outside my window blew soo crazily and it made such scary noises. Gave me the creeps. lol. But yea, I love the cinematography ... did i spell that right? Hope to see more soon. :D Your work is getting better and better...not that we dont already love it. :)

*edit* Do you visit Universities on request or were you just at UW-Madison cause you wanted to show it there? That's so cool though. Great way of showing your films to the younger gens who may not watch Hmong movies or have stereotypes about them.
Hey bugsy. Thanks for your compliments. I appreciate it.

I visit Universities by requests. UW-Madison invited me there to speak and have a Q & A session after the showing of "Kuv Leej Niam". Mine was included in their annual summer "Asian film" showings. I was surprised when they called me and ask for permission to show the film and speak to the audience. I was also surprised at the positive responses from the Non-Hmong viewers as well as the young Hmong students.

I also got invited to the U of Minnesota in St. Paul three times to speak for the showings of Kuv Leej Niam in a Literature class taught by Mitch Ogden.

Believe me guys, better days will come. It will most likely not be me but a talented Hmong person somewhere someday soon will show up and take Hmong movies to a level where all of us can proudly proclaim that we do have what it takes to make GOOD films for ALL to enjoy. THIS, I PROMISE YOU. I just hope that one Hmong person is not ashame to proclaim who is and where he comes from.

I'll be REAL with all of you...I still got a long way to go and lots to improve but I'll always try to do better and move forward on each and every projects that I get the opportunity to make. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Moua

nothinghill

sarNie Egg
Hey bugsy. Thanks for your compliments. I appreciate it.

I visit Universities by requests. UW-Madison invited me there to speak and have a Q & A session after the showing of "Kuv Leej Niam". Mine was included in their annual summer "Asian film" showings. I was surprised when they called me and ask for permission to show the film and speak to the audience. I was also surprised at the positive responses from the Non-Hmong viewers as well as the young Hmong students.

I also got invited to the U of Minnesota in St. Paul three times to speak for the showings of Kuv Leej Niam in a Literature class taught by Mitch Ogden.

Believe me guys, better days will come. It will most likely not be me but a talented Hmong person somewhere someday soon will show up and take Hmong movies to a level where all of us can proudly proclaim that we do have what it takes to make GOOD films for ALL to enjoy. THIS, I PROMISE YOU. I just hope that one Hmong person is not ashame to proclaim who is and where he comes from.

I'll be REAL with all of you...I still got a long way to go and lots to improve but I'll always try to do better and move forward on each and every projects that I get the opportunity to make. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Moua

Moua,

I can't recall, but did you say at UW Madison, that you were going to have a movie that will be filmed in the US? Not only that, but how do you pick your characters?

HOpe to see you again next summer!....keep up the great work.....

sarahvang

sarNie Elites
ahhh moua lee i've been waiting for ever for your next film well not forever saw your latest film the comedy "NRAUG LAUS" one of the most hilarious and sad hmong movies i've seen!!!! it's awesome I laughed so hard i almost cired but yeah looking forward to your future films I'm your #1 fan!

onceagain

sarNie Hatchling
I'm looking forward to this movie. The clip didn't stand out too much for me but it was the synopis that grab my attention. After reading the synopis it seems like a very interesting movie with twist and mysteries.

So Moua can you tell us who's the main actor and actress?

Mov4u

sarNie Egg
MOUA,
From this clip, seem like it's going to be a good thriller/mystery movie. Hey MOUA have you ever thought about having a "Voice-Over" for your upcoming/future movie? I think if you can find someone who got a good voice to do a voice-over for your trailer, it would be great. I would really love to hear "voice-over" in a hmong movie trailer. :D