Poems & Quotes

cecilia

Staff member
You're a fine writer ... Really wish you all the best and that you'll get to where you want with your career path. These poems/songs are just so beautiful. You're too kind with your thought process. I especially like that you always put meaning behind your poem and not just rhyming it well. Keep up the positiveness :)

Reactions: CTR

CTR

The Realist guy here period
Inspired by Stevie Hoang.  My lyrics are mix mashed with his.  Just wanted to have fun and be goofy with this one. But serious at the same time.  Florida Georgia Line Cruise beat to it.     

I’ve been lookin for a girl like you
I’ve been lookin for, for a shawty like you
For a shawty like you (4x)

Yeah, it felt like yesterday
First, when I saw you.  Was it June or was it late May?
You were different from all the others I would have to say...
I just smiled cuz  :heart: 
started to form in my head  :wackonut:  
Fast forward to what we have. I would not have guessed?
That I would have come out on top 
With a lovely angel that is simply the best.  :yuck: :whistle: :crush:
If we never met...

I would be streaming games on my twitch account
Watching lots of scary movies from my comfy crouch (loveseat) :scarytv:   :popcorn: 
I'll probably struck in traffic trying to reach my workplace  
If I never saw your face

I'd have a loveless life without the girl I adore :eek: ^_^
Now I just smile when I'm at my local bookstore  :coverlaf:

But If you weren't in my life
I know this much is true

Hook 2X

Yeah, I don’t know just where I will be
If I didn’t have you here next to me
And even if I could go back and live my life again
I won’t change a single thing
Cuz baby I know, I rather be in  :heart:  then out there all alone
The bachelor life ain't all it's cracked up to be  ;)
If you weren't here with me

I'd be watching sad dramas on my 50 inch TV  :eek: :ph34r:  ----> Ok, not really
Still be in the club on a Friday night  :rockon:
I'd be spending weekends filming for my Youtube page   :yes:
If I never saw your face

But If you weren't in my life
I know this much is true
Hook 2x

Baby,baby
I wish that I could make you see
(Many roses) You're the only one for me   :p  :wub:  ^_^ 

If I could hold you close to me  :grouphug:
I'll whisper this in your ear 
You know I rather be right here with you by my side
Then out there on the loose on the Friday night
You know, the very best in all bout my day
Is wakin’ up to see your face  B)

Cuz baby I don't know just what I would do
If I never met a girl like you
If I never met a shawty like you (4x) :heart: :heart: :heart:

cecilia said:
You're a fine writer ... Really wish you all the best and that you'll get to where you want with your career path. These poems/songs are just so beautiful. You're too kind with your thought process. I especially like that you always put meaning behind your poem and not just rhyming it well. Keep up the positiveness :)
Thank you nong Cecilia.  Really appreciate it.  It took me a very long time to figure out what I wanted to do with the talents that the lord has given me.  Oh, there are hidden meaning behind my poems all right but I can not say what they are at this point in time.  :locked:   Maybe in the future, you'll find out what the madness in my head is all about but it won't be coming from me.  Only time will tell but I know the good lord is watching over me.  :)

cecilia

Staff member
It feels weird to be called nong when most of the ladies i know in here keeps calling me p' lol Thank you for giving me the honor :) I really hope for the best to come your way ...

I can't figure out the hidden meaning ... please message me the clues/answers. I gave up lol

CTR

cecilia said:
It feels weird to be called nong when most of the ladies i know in here keeps calling me p' lol Thank you for giving me the honor :) I really hope for the best to come your way ...

I can't figure out the hidden meaning ... please message me the clues/answers. I gave up lol

No Pms or clues needed. The hidden meaning is to be yourselfLove yourself and treat other people with respect.  When you do that, good things will come your way.  Be honest, be straight forward, let your yes be yes and no be no, etc.  I have always lived my life by those principles.  There are two commandments that Christ gave us Christians to follow:  "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Most importantly, Love is 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.
" 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."

Those are the lessons that God have taught me this past year.  What's really the meaning of love?  It's easy to say it but it is very hard to do.  In the process, I have become wiser and very humble in that respect.  And even in the face of the greatest storm, you can still praise GOD even though you might be hurting inside a bit.     

CTR

I want to go in-depth today.  Plato and Aristotle deep stuff today.

Would you still love her when she gets older?
Would you still think of her when younger flowers come your way?
would your love still be strong on the first and last day of your life with her?
Would you love her imperfections like you love her beauty on the outside?
Would you transverse all of her storms with her?
Would you make her feel special each and every day?
Would you be able to forgive her even if your heart hurt?

The question is...how deep is your love?
Is it a mud pit?
Is it a small puddle?
Is it a small pond, stream, etc.
Is it a lake? A river?
Or is it as big as the ocean?

Would you be able to deal with her annoying sister/brother if you had to?
<3 had to throw it out there for other people.  So don't misinterpret this.  
Or her friends? Her family?
Or profession or life in general?

Don't just crave love.  Because when the craving ends, it fizzle out.
Build that love from the ground up instead.
Build it with a strong foundation.
What is the story behind that love?
What makes it unique?  What makes it special?

Does the person have moral values?
How does he/she treat their family and friends?
How respectful are they of their community? Not respected but being respectful of others.

These are some of the questions guys must ask themselves.  The ones
that don't usually cheat on their significant others or have a mid life
crisis.  A lot of guys give vows without thinking about the overall ramification in their life.

Personally for me, I don't want valentine day to be just one day.  Valentine day
should be each and every day with her.  If you see something you like and it make
you think about her then buy it.  (Now, I'm telling anyone to break the bank.) It
doesn't even have to be an item but maybe you take her some where special.  Or better yet,
you cook her this exotic meal even though you stink at it.  Stuff like that.
Sentimental in value.    

cecilia

Staff member
Valentine has to be everyday practice ... And yes, my love for someone can be as big as an ocean.

I love that Love is verse from the Corinthian ... It has a really deep and touching meaning. Lots of values/morals as well.

sarN

sarNie Granny
I agreed . I just spend a good hour reading T T *feelings*

CTR

80's dance style song in my head today.

Can I tell U?
What I really gonna say
How much I  :heart: 
U
In a very special way
Since you came into my life
I can finally see the  light
What was dark has turn to white
What was dead return to life

I was so sad... You know...
Baby, I'm so glad to have met you...

Baby / you are the special one
That is why I  :heart: 
you
Baby/ together you I find/ you bring out the best in me
You are the special one
I thank GOD he made you baby
Cuz you're one a kind
No ocean can separate U and me
(
3x)

Come here, you got nothing to fear
Can we just sit and talk a while?
Sometimes, I am far away
But our heart is our hideaway
And I'm a few runways away
Whenever you wanna getaway
On a weekday or a special holiday
All you have to do is smile and say...

Chorus (3x)

*************************************************************************************************************************

They say words can hold many things.  It can hold anger, love, sadness, secret, or what's about to spring.  It might seem like I careless sometimes in what I say or bring.  Trust me mi amor no one knows so relax you can spread your wings.

If I have to plead the fifth, you know I'll do it just to keep your mind at ease. Just like the warm summer night breeze.  So relax, your heart is safe with me. You can unwind and let yourself be free. 

(Didn't try to rhyme but it came out that way)

***********************************************************************************************************************

I have a good feeling February is going to be a super month. I'm waiting to hear from a national publication.  Two week or so ago, there was a contest for a national publication and there were 12 spots open.  The 12 chosen will have their short story publish and be given national recognition.  They won't announce it until the end of February or early March.

CTR

This is my mashed up of B.O.B song with my lyrics mixed in.  

Chorus
Beautiful girls, all over the world
I could be chasin but my time would be wasted
They got nothin on you, baby
Nothin on you, baby
They might say hi, and I might say hey
But you shouldn't worry, about what they say
'Cause they got nothin on you, baby (Yeah...)
Nothin on you, baby
(Nuh-nuh-nuh-nothin on you babe, nuh-nothin on you)

Hands down, there will never be another one (nope!)
I've been around and I've never seen another one (naaaah...)
Spectacular, full of life and tons of fun
I'm a single planet orbiting around her sun
Her love my love chapter one had just begun
Legendary they'll keep hitting rerun

Chorus

Everywhere I go, I'm always hearin' yo' name (name, name, name, name...)
And no matter where I'm at, girl you make me wanna sing (sing, sing, sing, sing...)
Whether a bus or a plane (plane), or a car or a train (train)
No other girls in my brain, and you the one to blame

I've been to London, I've been to Paris
Even way out there to Tokyo
Chillin' out in California to Florida
Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada to Quebec City Canada
But you always steal the show
Like an art work from Michelangelo
Sculpture, painting, and lovely fresco
But at the end, just one painting will do.
Me, U underneath a rainbow just us two.

**************************************************************************************************************************

I had to go to the store today and I happened to walk pass the card section.  Gah, why do they have to torture a soul like mine? :sleep:   I can see cards in pink and red, roses shapes and heart shapes.  It never bothered me before and I was fine with Valentine day being just another holiday.  I would walk pass the section with a thought about it.  But now, something is different and I have to get the heck out of that section quick as possible. Because every time I walk pass that section, it just kills me little by little now. <_< -_-

There's a certain person I keep thinking of every time I walk them that section.  :wub:   It kills me because we're so close but so far away.  :faint:    I bought that person something but I would feel much better if I can give it in person.  That certain person already know what I bought so there's no secret there.  It's just like when I was at that Chanel boutique in Chicago last week, my head was in the clouds man. :cloud9:   I was so tempted to get that white purse for a certain cutie.  It's not that I think she can't get it but it's better when someone give it to you.  It has much more meaning and sentimental value to it.  They do say, good things come to those who wait though.  But man, waiting sucks big time.  :cry1:  :thumbdown:    

CTR

"Success comes from taking the initiative and following up... persisting... eloquently expressing the depth of your love. What simple action could you take today to produce a new momentum toward success in your life?"  -Tony Robbins

I heard a new singer (Ble) and he is very awesome.  His lyrics are very emotional and inspiring.  As a person who can draw emotion from his writing, I can appreciate someone who put great effort in their craft. It is very humbling. I can relate to him a lot.  He's started from the bottom and build it from the ground up.  And I'm doing the same thing.  Every little success, I am grateful because I know it is going to pay off in the end.  It's already paying off in coming 3rd in a regional competition and we'll see this national publication can give me more visibility.  If you do something from your heart, people will see and support your effort.  This is a good example.  Don't be those struck up people where they forget where they came from.  Because sooner or later, they will get expose for the fake that they are.       

Here are my rough translation of the song.  (This song had a MV. And in the MV, the guy was forced to deny his love for his high school sweetheart because her mom (the principal) did not want her daughter to associate with the guy.  He enlisted his friend to make him seem like a playboy and a total jerk so she would think he was really one.  He was devastated as a new suitor courted the girl he love.  And the end, they wished each other good luck as she was heading to university in the capital.  The scars I tell ya are real.  I think at the end, the guy made off very well as he is a rising singer at the moment with the name Ble.        

The love that you gave to me
It has a lot of value personally to me
I never tried to destroy it
And I just needed time to prepare myself before deciding to commit
Please don't throw away my dream
I never gave my heart to anyone before
Cuz in my heart there's only you
The other girls I never paid attention too
But I have to accept what is the truth
For a girl who is priceless
To let someone else come in to take care of her very well

But to me, you are priceless
In the past, I love you honestly
Respected you cuz you are the girl I love
Wanted to open my mouth and call you my girl
Holding your hands, walking by your side just once
I just want you to know the reason why I did it,
Is because I have my reasons

I just want you to understand
I have never been unfaithful to you
Only you my precious shining angel
Please believe me my love
I just can't love you for real
But my heart there is only you
And I still have good feeling towards you and my heart never change

CTR

Just wanted to have fun with a club banger that was in my head today.  Nothing too serious but something that is flirtatious but sincere. 

Are you the adventurous type?  :p :wub:
Is it just a lie, Or is it all hype?
And no I ain't tryin' to stereotype
Cuz I wanna look at the real thing
Not just a prototype?

Are you just a tease baby with no bite?
Cuz J, she's looking good in all white.  :eek: ^_^
Smoking every guy that comes in plain sight :huh:
And she's leaving them still hungry with appetite
Holla, you know your boy is right.

Yeah...
I don't want you to change your ways ;)
Beautiful eyes your sexy frame
Beautiful smile I just can't name :heart: :wub: 
Driving them other guys all insane
Leavin' them empty handed all in shame
But with me it ain't gonna be the same
You already know what's up no need to explain
Cuz your boy above the phase above the game

Just want you to tell me you can be mine...
I want it you want it baby
Just listen you hear me baby
Your mind, body, and soul
Just feel the friction grow
Cuz this is real life not fiction you know

Are you the one who's full of joy? :eek:
Or are you the one who is very coy? :eek: ^_^
Are you wearing a mask and is it a decoy? :ph34r:
Relax, I'm just rhyming just listen & enjoy :p B)
You already know the deal just how I feel :heart: :heart: :heart:

*******************************************************************************************************

It was a couple years ago, I got my hand on the original copy of the "Law of Success" by Napoleon Hill.  He did a major study on the rich and influential of that time and there were characteristics that he found that all of them had.  The book wasn't made available until one of the descendant of the Rockefeller made it available.  It was very interesting and it pave the way for me to look at things from a different perspective.  

I don't want to be rich, I want to have freedom.  When you have freedom, you no longer have to think about money.  I'm using the same principles and concept  as I was transitioning from the corporate world to the book world.  I don't see my setbacks as a failure especially in term of writing but rather as an area that needs to be improve upon.  For example, if someone was criticizing a person's singing skills as horrible, just look at it as an opportunity to improve in that area. I know not all of us have thick skins but each and everyone are the one who can assign meaning to our lives.  And no, I'm not consume by success but I am consume by improving upon my weaknesses.  And I never forget those people who are important in my life period.

CTR

I just feel like rapping today with a uptempo smooth R&B beat.  Just wanted to have fun and let my self flow with the music.  My two H: "Stay humble but stay hungry."  And I don't mean to cheat in staying hungry but rather staying hungry towards one's goal(s). 

Hey girl, how you doin'?  :scratchchin:
I'm really thinking about the way you movin'
White leather seat with the black tint
Deep dish chrome let the wheels spin
Baby just get in.  The way you wear those tight jean
Make me wanna scream. :eek:  :huh:   Do what it takes to get you on my team.
Take you around the world don't worry about the best.  
I'll show things you never seen and I romance ya. B)

I ain't gonna lie
I've been with 8 and fly 9s  :scratchchin: 
No ecstasy cuz no one got me so high :wackonut:
Whatever they do whatever they try
They always come up short, to you baby in my eyes... :crush:

This is my salutation
And no, our  :heart:  has no statute of limitation
Some would say this is just extreme flirtation
I just smile cuz this is just two souls in complete vibration :yes:
We can write whatever in our secret conversation  :ph34r: ^_^  :coverlaf: 
There's no substitution for this sweet sensation
Cuz you + me = the ultimate combination

Holla, I know all your bffs they know
Just like how I draw this heart in pure snow
Just like how this kiss I am about to blow
From chicago to city the of Tokyo
From Mexico to beautiful monaco
You can hear it .....
the word I'm about to say - Te Amo.   :wub:  :heart:

Had to add this in there as the bad boy that I am. hehe  :tease: :heart:

Those other guys they can try, they'll all end up with pink slips
She's rollin' with a bad boy, all of ya just got dismissed 
And no I ain't tryin' to diss,
I'm tellin' ya, ya just need to quit
Cuz I'm the puzzle in her life that completely fit
Observe a real playa do it, ya just watch and sit   ----> Don't know where this came from seriously. Can't be a playa when you only :heart:  one girl.  

Eloquently, magically all the rhymes that I spit

Realist dude in the game, unapologetic I'll be
It seems cocky but I'm very humble you see
Started from the bottom, moving to the top

Thanks GOD everyday, I give him mad prop
For all the lessons he taught before reachin' the hilltop :heart: :yes:

CTR

Let me just break it down
Can't get you off my mind  :scratchhead2:

Been thinkin' about you all the time
I'm out there running running running tryin' to find you
And I just wanna take you out
Out all around my town
Stay low underground watch me switch it up, switch it up baby

You already know about my past girl
And that's why I wanna make you my last girl
One, I want that life time contract
Two, I am not talking abstract
No matter what sizes you are, I'll still love you right back :yes:  :heart: 
That's not an opinion, but a stated fact  ^_^

Until then, we'll take it one day at a time
Appreciating your love my beautiful dime (Slang)
If you were to fall, I'll be your shelter your wall  :yes:
If you have any problems, I'll be the one you can call
Cuz Ya Habibi, mia amor, you are my all in all :heart:

Us border we can watch the lovely Niagara Falls
South Beach dinner watching the night fall
If you like sport, we can catch a game of basketball
Mall of America is the largest you'll see of a mall
And we can finish it up at Walt Disney for a pause
Cuz Ya Habibi, mia amor, you are my all in all  :heart:
****************************************************************************************************************************

So today was the Superbowl and a couple of my friends and I headed out to get something to eat.  My dinner was pretty healthy but the mixed drink was not and so was the fudge brown ice cream cake.  Luckily, I did an hour worth of heavy weight lifting before going out. I'm think I'm at 12/11% body fat as my abs are coming through and my arms are pretty much cut.  Just about 4 more percentage and I'm back at that athlete level that I was two years ago.  I have pretty much reduce my intake of carbs and sweet in my diet.  Well, almost no sweet at all just water.  Beside, I want to look decent next to my mi amor.   :whistle:  :coverlaf:  :wub:  Well, she always looking good so no questions there.   :heart:  

What type of writer do you think I am mi amor?  hehe.  That I should have thick coke bottle glasses.  :D  No sense of style and my hair undone.  :D I'm a new kind of writer you see.   :eek:  ^_^  :lol:

CTR

You know I'm original
Not your evident typical
We can sit on the floor to pass time by
I know you got a lot not just a pretty smile  ^_^

Tell your friends what's on your mind

Girl you're taking me up so high
You make me wanna /touch the sky
And you know/ it's all about/ you and I
Are you ready to fly with me? (2x)

Fly with me
Can you fly girl?
Can you fly with me (2x)
Fly with me

Come girl get a little closer
I'll get your heart rolling like a roller-coaster  :thumbsup: :tease:  :wub: 
Give me a second if you know you're supposed to
Talk to me girl because
Your  :heart:  is so ferocious
Better get a catch of this little spell
A litle bit of hocus pocus  :crush:
girl hold me follow me
we can meet up and
you can get to know me

Our  :heart:  is deep on a spiritual level
Burning passion deep inside internal
More than this life time so eternal
Real life fairy tales cuz we're comparable
Something from the Bible a blessing a miracle
That two souls connect mystical not so typical  :heart:

Chorus 2X

CTR

Food for thought (These are my own)

It's not the size of the dog that matters but the fight in the dog.  A barking dog is
not as frightening compare to the one that doesn't bark at all.  It is the silent one that
you should watch out for.

A man's words say a lot about him; however, it is his actions that ultimately backs up those spoken words.  Never be afraid to admit when you're wrong especially to the people that you :heart:
.  It shows
great humility and character.  

And if she slaps you on your face, turn the other side towards her so she can slap you on the
other side too. (I hope it a gentle slap cuz the ones in the movies look like it hurt-Bad.)   

****************************************************************************************************************************************
Went with a country pop style song today. Very mellow and relaxing in a way. I can see the scene clearly too.  It's about two people enjoying each
other's company that's all. 

You broke my game
Lit a candle with your name
My heart still hasn't been the same
You're definitely the one to blame

We kept on flirtin', cuz it was workin'
You stuck in my head girl, writin' these lines  :wackonut:

Couldn't sing this song without you if I tried   :ph34r:
Let's light it up like the fourth of July

We're just breakin' ground, reachin' our campground
Sipping on some sweet  :heart:  that's we have found
Jammin' to some sweet music in the background  :bopping:
With you baby laying right here
Watchin' the stars up ahead

I'm just doing my thing
You love it when I sing
Say it makes you feel like an angel  ^_^
We about to get a little tangled up right about now
So girl let's keep burnin' it down

I wanna cherish this night
Holdin' your hands til daylight
Feelin' the warm sea breeze
Just to feel your heartbeat against me  :heart:

CTR

Robin Hood is Coming
My mom always told me to watch out for wolves in sheep clothing.  Especially
the ones with them pretty smile and hypnotic eyes.  Hehe.  Oh, did I just say that out loud? :eek: :p :heart:

I think I might have to venture into the wolves' lair to get a closer look.  But Robin
Hood always disguises himself so the wolves won't know if it is him.  But he does gives out clues.
Now, can you spot Robin Hood if he does come into the lair?  Cuz Robin won't be like them other guys
sweating at the wolf's feet.  No, no, he is calm and cool as can be.  

Dessert time saying
What do you give to a girl who has everything she wants?
One million roses? Well, somebody already said that.   But I respect that person who said it.  
Hopefully, that person can deliver on the goods. (So don't take it the wrong way, you know who you are) <3  Not my mi amor off course. 

But as for me, I have one rose in my coat pocket and I'm giving it to ..... as a symbol of my :heart:
As the hand of time changes, my love for mi amor will remain the same.
Rock-steady and unyielding.

Pretty girl cutie pie
Summers here
Beautiful eyes they hypnotize :shock2:

Take my hands then visualize
See the vibe between U and I
Our heart beat, they harmonize :heart:

I just wanna get to know
Girl I really wanna get know
Are you listening to my flow :bopping:

I can see your sexy walk
Tells me that you wanna talk
Baby the way you move your hips
Turn around and read my lips

I just wanna get to know (you)
Girl I wanna get to know (you)
My feelings wanna take control
Girl I just wanna let you know

Cause I know that your friends wanna get to know...
And they know I'm the only one that's feeling you :ph34r: :p :heart: :crush:
So why don't you take my hand and make one become two cause that's just the way my girl

Pretty girl cutie pie
Summers here
Beautiful eyes they hypnotize :eek:

Take my hands then visualize
See the vibe between U and I
Our heart beat, they harmonize :heart:
I just wanna get to know
Girl I really wanna get know
Are you listening to my flow :bopping:

CTR

Valentine Eve is today and Valentine day is tomorrow.  I'm usually not in that big of a festive mood
for the day itself even when I was with ex in the past.  But this year, I think I'll make an exception.
I'm not going to tell you guys what I'm doing but I'm going to show it during Valentine Day.  Robin Hood
can be romantic if he wants to.  It'll go with the theme that I'm writing for that day.   

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Every night I close my eyes and I thank GOD cause he gave me you,
You say it was destiny and now I know that it's all so true
We were two people tryin' to find  :heart: 
out of the blue
Never Knew  :heart:  could feel this way until it hits you
I can say it in five languages how I  :heart:  you,
And it would still feel like it still far to few

You and I travel to the beat of a different love, cant you see the way
I'm thinkin' of you from Monday to Sunday sitting in my favorite cafe
All I'm sayin', every time you put your eyes on me - you're tellin' me
You really trust in me, you make me happy can't you see - that's why I  :heart:
you

Oh yeah did I tell ya, I got something special planned for ya this coming Saturday
Please understand, I don't do this often but for you everyday should be Valentine Day.
They wanna know us - know all about us - how do we keep it fresh after all these years? months
By stickin' together, through stormy weather, 'cause  :heart:  is a seed and it has to grow.

CTR

So I was planning on doing something special outside today but the weather is not cooperating at all.  It's fridge cold and the cold would destroy my flowers in a second.  It feels like -17F outside right now with the windchill so I alter my plans to have it done indoor.  Like I said, I don't do this often or at all for no one.   Here's a sneak peak.  I bought a card today and it was pretty good but I had to add my own touch to it.  So I decided to add soft cloth like material to make my X & O.  Inside I drew little heart with an outline I made and finally, I bought that center piece at an art and craft store.  I've tried making one by myself but it didn't look as nice as their.

I'll post what I did later today cuz it's just about two over midnight.
  2/13/16  Quality > Quantity